Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

SpaceTigger's Log

Personal Log Stardate 40202.9

Happy Monday morning everybody! It was a pretty good weekend. I certainly enjoyed the Super Bowl yesterday. A very exciting game and it was doubly good because my Patriots won. So cool..Oops there I go again! I promised myself I would stop saying the word 'cool'..I can't help it..It's a natural expression for me.. :laugh:

I also managed to get my taxes done this weekend. I'm sending them out tomorrow. I mention that only because I'm using the the money I get back to finally go to ST:The Experience..! I'm so excited about that. I've been wanting to go for a long time. Looks like it's finally going to happen. Me and my brother are planning a weekend there later on this year.. Should be a blast..I want to be sitting in Quarks having a Romulan Ale.. :rofl:

Personal Log Stardate 40203.21

Hey! Today's date is 2/3/4.. :frusty: ..Quite a parade/celebration today up here in Boston for the World Champion New England Patriots..So cool(there's that word again!). I just finished watching it..I taped it while I was at work today. So so many people went to this. It was amazing to watch..What a team they are..

My Mom got the results back from her tests today and thankfully everything is fine..What a relief! But it seems there was a reason for them to come back from Florida early. My Dad is in pain and is bedridden..He is under doctor's care..Good thing they came back when they did..He has been improving over the past couple of days..

Personal Log Stardate 40204.9

Snowy, slushy Wednesday morning. Good thing the Patriots parade was yesterday and not today..Looks like another storm heading this way for Friday/Saturday..I'll be glad when February is over and I can look forward to the weather starting to improve..I'm looking forward to the Spring as always..I just don't like the Winter..I really should live in a warmer climate..

Looks like we have a new Enterprise show tonight to look forward to..I hope it's a good episode..!

Personal Log Stardate 40211.7

Well! It's been a week since I made a log entry..Wow!..How has everybody been? A pretty routine week for me. Nothing really exciting has happened. Actually I haven't been spending as much time on this board as I have been. Sure, I come here at least once a day. But recently at night I've re-watching my DS9 DVDs..What an awesome show that was. I'm at the end of the 4th season now..And I have the first season of Voyager to look forward to on the 24th..So cool..Oh wait..Yes!! Today is Wednesday..Happy Enterprise Day everybody! I hope we have a good episode tonight..

Personal Log Stardate 40218.12

It's been a while since I've been here. I need to remember to add more to my log more often..Happy Enterprise day everybody ! I hope we have a good episode tonight. I have noticed that there is already a topic on the board about this episode..I have avoided opening it.I usually avoid all spoilers until after I see the show..I like to be surprised..I hope it's a good episode...Well, back to work.. :) ..I hope you all have a good one..

Personal Log Stardate 10220.9

TGIF.. :lol: And a happy friday to you all..I've had a busy last couple of days here at work and am looking forward to the weekend..Going to me some kind of messy storm coming thru my area tonight and tomorrow..Sunday sounds like it will be OK though..That's good since I'm taking a ride down to see my parents on Sunday..My Dad still isn't doing that great..He has a MRI scheduled for March 11th..Seems like a long way to wait..

I've just noticed that some pics that I had posted a while ago in the Photo Album section don't work anymore..That's because I have a different internet service now and lost that particular web hosting..I'll have to have a mod delete that post so I can re-submit those pics..Perhaps tonight at home I can PM a mod about it..I'm getting ready to buy my digital camera so I'm real excited about that..Perhaps within the next couple of weeks..I should be able to then upload more recent pics of me and my home..

Personal Log Stardate 40221.7

Good Morning STF..I'm up kinda early for a saturday..It always amazes me..Thru the week I have a hard time getting out of bed in time for work but on the weekends when I can sleep, I'm up just as early.. :force: Looks kinda cloudy out there today..I think it's going to be a rainy day..Well, I finally ordered my digital camera last night..WooHoo..I'm kinda excited about that..I'll have a lot fun with it..I should have it by the middle of next week..Well, I'll have to get going soon..I have a dentist appointment this morning.. :force: ..Trivia chat later on today in the chat room..Should be fun..

Personal Log Stardate 40222.21

Today was a pretty OK day. I took a ride down to see my parents..I'm always happy to see them..I wish my Dad was doing better.Certainly looks like he has a lot of back pain going on..I really wish he didn't have to wait until March 11th for his MRI...My daughter and her kids were down too..It was great seeing them too..She has 2 kids and another one due in April..Yes, I'm a grampa...Grampa Spacetigger... :wow:

Well, I finally got my Mom registered on the board.. :wow: After she posts her first message I'll introduce her to you all..Mom, if you're reading this; post a 'Hello message' in the New Members Forum...We all would love to welcome you aboard..!!

Guest Ktrek

Hi SpaceTigger!

I was wondering what the results of your catscan were and if your headaches are better? Have you told your chiropractor about your headaches? I used to work for one and he hade excellent results with headachs.

Ktrek

Hi SpaceTigger!

I was wondering what the results of your catscan were and if your headaches are better? Have you told your chiropractor about your headaches? I used to work for one and he hade excellent results with headachs.

Ktrek

The results of my catscan were negative..I'm fine..And in fact my headaches are better than they have been..I still get them of course but they don't seems as severe..Yes, I have talked to my chiropractor about my headaches and he has been helping me out with them right along..

Thanks for asking... :bow:

Guest Ktrek

I'm glad to hear you're OK. Another thought has occured to me about recurring headaches. Many times headaches are associated with food allergies. You might consider keeping a food diary and see if there is any correllation with what you eat. I remember one patient who got tremendous headaches and it was discovered that he was allergic to peas, one of his favorite foods. Got him off the peas and voila! no more headaches. You will have to keep a log of every meal for at least 2 to six months and records of when the headaches occur, after what meals, and how long. You never know! :bow:

Ktrek

Have you tried meditation Spacetigger? I used to have chronic headaches until I started meditating.

Meditation?...No I haven't tried that as of yet..What is meditation really?..What really comes to mind is just sitting quietly in a one position and relaxing..?! Or am I wrong? Hard to know since I've never done it before.. :ph34r: How would I learn about that? My headaches are a lot better anyway..I think work stress has a lot to do with it..My Chiropractor is helping a lot..

I'm glad to hear you're OK. Another thought has occured to me about recurring headaches. Many times headaches are associated with food allergies. You might consider keeping a food diary and see if there is any correllation with what you eat.

Ktrek

Interesting idea KTrek..Course I have my doubts it's food related but I will consider keeping a log..Like you said..You just never know..Thanks..

Personal Log Stardate 40224.18

Today was a pretty good day..Busy enough at work and I was able to leave on time. Which is good because I wanted to go up to Best Buy and pick up the new Voyager Season 1 DVD set..And I did..I'm really looking forward to watching those shows..I haven't seen Voyager in a long time..I never seem to be able to catch it on TV up here..The set came with a bonus featurette disk..Looks like they have something on ST:The Experience on it..It'll be interesting to see that..

Me and my brother are planning a trip to ST:The Experience this year. I have a decision to make about this trip..Should I wait and go in June so I can go to this site's convention? Or should me and my brother just go by ourselves at any time? I mentioned to my brother today that I was considering attending the STF convention at The Experience..He didn't seem too thrilled with that idea..He never has come to this site..So, I do have a decision to make it looks like..Of course it has occurred to me to go in April with my brother and then in June for the convention..!! Well, I guess I have some time to think about it and decide...

Guest Ktrek

SpaceTigger,

I too bought Voyager today. My wife and I are gonna watch a couple episodes tonight. I was VERY disappointed with the packaging for the case. We still have to pay $99.00 and have alot less episodes for this season and the bonus disc is in a paper sleeve? Sheesh! Come on ! The case is cheap too. I know I'll enjoy this set but I think I'm gonna do my own cases. There is a site that I have a link for that he has done beautiful artwork for the other shows. I think I might do the same!

Ktrek

You're right about the packaging KTrek..They could have done much better..I couldn't believe that paper jacket for the bonus disc either..Oh well..Not much can be done about it..I will still enjoy the DVDs..

Personal Log Stardate 40228.16

Hello all! Boy I really haven't been doing much posting lately. How has everybody been? I've been super busy at work which makes me very tired at night..This week it seems all I can do at night is watch my Trek DVDs! That doesn't take any effort..I worked late last night and all day today..But I will try to get back to posting alot..Boy I'm tired today..I'm probably not making any sense..That's why I try not to post when I'm tired.. :)

I finally have a digital camera..WooHoo..I picked it up at UPS yesterday at lunchtime..In fact I just posted my first pic with it..Perhaps I'll try to show my tattoos to you guys one of these days..Take care..Trek on.. :)

Isn't this cool ?... :)

Personal Log Stardate 40301.20

Don't ya just love Mondays.. ;) ..And such a busy day for me at work as usual..The day certainly didn't start off good..I had problems with my work computer and had to bring it up to be upgraded and worked on..And I really didn't have time to deal with that..Oh well..I dealt with it..I have so much stuff going on at work it isn't funny..Not that I'm complaining..I would much rather be busy than bored..I stayed late and then went to my Chiropractor..Nothing like a day of work stress to screw up my back..

I did finish watching my Voyager Season 1 DVDs last night..And I did enjoy them very much so..Anxious for season 2 to be released..In the special features they showed Voyagers first Captain..Oh boy! What were they thinking? Luckily she didn't stay..I don't think Voyager would have made it with her..IMO..Course I can't picture anyone but Kate Mulgrew in that role..

Personal Log Stardate 40302.20

Well today certainly has been an exciting day for me hasn't it? I finally got confirmation on my trip to 'The Experience'..! I know I should be going there in june for our convention..But it didn't work out..Sorry everybody but I am going the week of April 12-16..!!! I am so, so excited.I haven't had a vacation in a long time and I've never been to 'The Experience' before..

And what happened when I got back home from work and turned on my computer? I was offered a Mod position here..OMG. :biggrin: .Can you imagine my surprise?..Really exciting stuff! What a day.. :huh:

Personal Log Stardate 40204.22

Another busy day in paradise.. :dude: Well, hardly paradise but I guess it was a pretty good day for a work day..At least tomorrow is Friday..I'm sure I'll have to go into work on Saturday too. We're in such a busy time right now..But I'm not complaining..

Wasn't Enterprise fantastic last night. I certainly thought it was one of their better ones. Too bad it's going to be another 7 weeks before we find out how things are resolved..That's network TV for ya ! Just recieved my new Communicator mag issue #149 today..I always enjoy reading that. It'll be interesting to read what Rick Berman has to say about the show. They interview him in just about every issue..

Personal Log Stardate 40308.19

It snowed all day..Just a steady light snow. But the good news is that it really didn't stick to the ground. There was no snow on the driveway when I got home from work. The temp is only in the 30s right now but that is normal for March in Massachusetts. I envey the people who live in the south..

Another busy day of work..But that is good..The day went by real fast..Not much else going on..Looks like we won't have any new Enterprise shows for a few weeks..North Star is on this week I think..But that was a good episode..I'll watch it again..

LLAP

Personal Log Stardate 40312.19

Seems like I've only been posting a log entry like once a week..Well, it certainly has been a busy week at work. Been working late every night and am working tomorrow..At least the money is good. Nothing like OT..It was a wild weather day up here. Snow, wind , sleet, rain and sun.. :laugh: That's March for ya!

I have now watched Voyagers Season 1 DVD set 2 times now..I'm surprised that I like it as much as I do..It's not as good as DS9 though in my opinion..Can't wait for season 2 to come out..Wonder why it isn't coming out until May..I thought they would release them every month..Oh well..

Have a great weekend everybody... :laugh:

Personal Log Stardate 40316.9

Just when I thought we were getting close to springtime weather! And here comes winter again.. :bow: They are predicting quite a storm starting this afternoon and continuing thru tomorrow morning.The prediction so far is for 5-10 inches of snow but I wouldn't be surprised if we get more..Spring really is right around the corner though..Hopefully.. :dude:

Personal Log Stardate 40317.9

Happy Saint Patricks Day..! It certainly wasn't a great start to my day. It snowed last night up here. So I had to shovel my driveway before I came to work. But it could have been worse. At least it was light snow and easy to deal with. I would guestimate maybe 8 inches of snow..I'm glad I have a short driveway..I keep telling myself that Spring is right around the corner..Looks like they are repeating the episode Similitude tonight on Enterprise..Should be good..

Personal Log Stardate 40318.12

It was a pretty boring start to my day. I had to dock my starship, the USS Antares, at Starbase 47 for some much needed refits and repairs..It was rather tiresome hanging around the starbase while the repairs were conducted. But it really could have been a lot worse. I have to say that the Federation Enginneering teams at these starbases are wonderful. They do fantastic, quick repairs! We have just engaged out warp engines and are headed to the Gamma Quadrant via the wormhole near Bajor. Perhaps when our mission is completed I'll dock at Deep Space 9 for resupplies and some much needed shore leave for the crew.

Personal Log Stardate 40320.12

A cloudy satruday afternoon up here but at least it isn't snowing! Actually it's not too bad..The temp is 33..We'll get there after all today is the first day of spring. Went to work for a couple of hours this morning. I needed to go in to take care of a few things. I also went to the Chiropractor. I needed to. I wanted to go last night but I couldn't make it because I had to work late..It has been a busy week for me..And of course I had to spend most of thursady morning at the dealer getting my car serviced. (In case you didn't understand what my previous log entry was about!)..BTW, it's a green 2001 Chevy Malibu..I have a 3 year lease on it which is up this August. I'm seriously thinking about keeping this one...It is a good car and it has low mileage..I work close to home..

Not doing too much of anything this weekend..You know I'll be at this site of course and I'll be watch some Trek..Of course..!!

Well, have a great weekend everybody.Let's be good to each other out there..And happy first day of Spring..

Personal Log Stardate 40322.9

Seems like it's going to be a boring Monday here in work..I just don't see that much for me to do today..Oh well..Easy money..Nice and sunny out there today but's it's cool..I hear we're going to get up to the 50s by the end of the week..About time..The snow has pretty much all melted away now..Course there still is a little bit more to go..It'll be nice to see thing growing again..That's what I love about the spring and what I dislike about the winter..Everything is just so dead in the winter..

It was a pretty good weekend..Not much going on really..I was here a lot of the time it seems. I did manage to break myself away from my computer yesterday long enough to do some exercising and to watch a few episodes of DS9..

Personal Log Stardate 40326.7

Happy Friday everybody!! What's going on? Nothing and nothing..Same old boring life..Well at least the weekend is here..I have an appointment up at the Chevy dealer on Saturday. My lease is up on my Malibu. I've been dreading this..I like the car, it has low mileage and is a good car. Time to make a decision..Do I keep it or lease another new car? Not an easy decision to make..Well, any thoughts would be welcome.

I am also going down to see my parents on Sunday..It will be good to see them as always..My Dad isn't doing great these days..He has problems with his back..He is going thru therapy and I hear that it is helping..Anyway it'll be good to see them on Sunday..

Trivia session on Saturday at 4 PM EST...I'm going to try to make it there but it depends on how things go at the dealership..Enterprise was on for 2 hours this past Wednesday night..That was neat..This week too..It'll be good to see some new episodes though..Anxious to see how things are going to be resolved..

Have a great weekend everybody..!!!

You have a great weekend to. I will its my weekend off. Only get every other one.

P.S. Hope your dad feels better.