Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

SpaceTigger's Log

Personal Log Stardate 31106.6

What a great Enterprise episode last night. They just seem to get better with each show. Very exciting the way this seasons episodes have been so far..I won't say too much here about it. I don't want to put a Spoiler Box in my Log..I made the mistake of commenting on the show last night without placing it in a Spoiler Box..I forget about that from time to time..Hopefully not too many people saw it..

I need to get to work even though I don't feel like it. I feel like I'm getting a cold. Must be the way the weather has been here lately. It's going to get even colder this weekend...Oh well off to work..

Personal Log Stardate 31106.18

It was a pretty good day at work. It always is when I have plenty to do. I don't feel as bad as I did this morning. Of course tomorrow is Friday so that will always lift my spirit..Plus I just realized that DS9's 6th season is out now..! :drool: I need to see if I can buy it soon..I'm so excited about that..New DS9 episodes to watch. Of course seeing Quarks Bar on DS9 reminds me of how much I want to go to 'The Experience' in Vegas..I'll get there..I've been watching my Trek Movie DVDs this week..I'm up to STV..Think I'll watch it tonight if there isn't a good game on..I still can't get over Enterprise last night..That was an awesome episode..

Personal Log Stardate 31107.11

TGIF :o ..I promised myself I would stop writing these logs if I didn't have anything interesting to say. However, as I re-read these logs of mine I find that I never have anything interesting to say.. :o ..So, I'll just keep on rambling until someone tells me to be quiet..lol..

I watched STV last night night and I really think this movie is good. Better than what most people think. True, it isn't in my top 3 favorite Trek movies but I do think it's good. If everything goes right I will take a ride up to Best Buy tonight and buy DS9's season 6 DVD set. I can't wait to start watching those shows. I think Worf and Dax get married in this season. Or so I've heard..

Going to be a cold, windy weekend up here I think. But it could be worse and it will get worse. Winter is a coming faster than I like. It would be nice if I can remember to check out the Lunar Eclipse on Saturday Night.

Personal Log Stardate 31110.12

Happy Monday.. :thumbs: It was a pretty good weekend..It certainly was cold and windy. A typical fall weekend. I need to get out there soon and rake more leaves..A little too cold for me..Oh well, I'll get around to it soon. Maybe next weekend...I did manage to check out some of the lunar ecclipse on Saturday Night. That was pretty neat..

I've started to watch some of DS9's 6th season DVDs that I just bought on Friday..Some real good shows so far..I like that one that I watched last night. I think the name of it was 'The Magnificent Ferengi'..It's the one were Quark, Rom, Nog and a couple other Ferengis rescue Moogie from the Dominion..I got a big kick out of that show..I'm anxious to watch more of this season..

Went down to my parents yesterday for the day. It was great seeing them as always. I even got to see my sister and her kids. It was a real good day down there. My sister is having everybody over for Thanksgiving again this year. Should be a fun family gathering..

Personal Log Stardate 31112.7

Happy Enterprise day.. :huh: Should be another good show tonight..Looks like they are going back into the Wild West..Looks like an interesting show.

I think the rest of the week here at work will be very busy. They tell me that I will have lots and lots of work to do. Lets hope so. I may even get some OT. That would be good. As for right now, I'm still sitting here waiting..And waiting..

My Mom and my Daughter and her kids stopped by last night. They were in the area and dropped in for a short visit. I don't get to see my grandkids that often. It was great to see them. Everybody seems to be doing good.

Is being a Trekkie a curse? Seems like it to me at times. Seems like women disappear when they find out that I'm into Star Trek. It happened just yesterday again. I met someone on the internet that I was interested in and we were exchanging E-mails. As soon as I mention that one of my interests is Star Trek the E-Mails stopped..Why is it such a turnoff? Maybe in the future I should just keep it to myself? But how can I? I'm crazy about Trek..Oh well..Someday I'll meet someone who likes Trek and who lives near me..Everything happens for a reason..

Personal Log Stardate 31114.7

TGIF ! Is there a better day of the week than Friday? I don't think so. No matter how bad today is, how busy I am here at work, or how many people aggravate me today, I know that the weekend is only 8 hours away!

That was a fun Enterprise show this week. I thought it was pretty good but I've talked to some people here that didn't like it all. Probably because last weeks show 'Twilight' was just fantastic. I still liked 'North Star' and feel this was the perfect time for this episode. Next weeks show looks interesting too. How can Trip die? Of course he can't but it'll be fun to see what the show is all about..

Not too much going on this weekend. Today being Friday there will be Trivia questions today to try to answer and a Trivia Chat session tomorrow night. That should be fun. Hopefully I'll also be able to watch more of my DS9 Season 6 DVDs. I'm up to disc 4 now..The last episode I watched was 'Who Mourns for Morn'?..I enjoyed that. It almost looked like Morn was going to talk at the end! But of course I know that he doesn't say a word thru the whole series.

Personal Log Stardate 31117.12

Today brought some sad news to me as I logged on to this site. The actress who played Crewman Cutler passed away. She was only 35. Very sad news. I guess you never know when your time is up. She was so young. It would be nice if Enterprise pays tribute to her somehow.

It was a pretty good weekend even though I didn't do much of anything. But that is the whole point isn't it? My Patriots shutout the Cowboys last night. Man, they are playing good! 8-2 now. Let's keep it going. Going to try to watch more of DS9's 6th season DVDs tonight. I'm up to Disc 5. I enjoyed that episode 'Far Beyond the Stars'. The main cast got out of their uniforms and makeup to play different people. It was a Sisko dream. A very good episode..

Personal Log Stardate 31118.8

Watched disc 5 of DS9's 6th season DVDs. Real good shows. I especially liked 'In the Pale Moonlight'. I like how Sisko was talking to the camera doing his log throughout the episode. And Garak was good in it too..'His Way' is also on this disc. An entertaining show. And I finally got to see Nana Visitor perform that song 'Fever'..Very enjoyable..

I'm still quite upset about the passing of Kellie Waymire. I found myself getting teary eyed watching the tribute that VBG did on her. Such a tragedy. Seems crazy to get upset about an actress in a TV show. But I do get quite emotional about Star Trek and it's various crew members. She was so young to lose her life. I guess we should all count our blessings. You never know when your number is up. I do hope that 'Enterprise' does something to pay tribute to her..

Personal Log Stardate 31118.12

Slow day here at work. At least there is only a couple more hours to go. I'm here surfing STF and think about DS9. Wow! How I like that show. Hard to believe that I never paid too much attention to it until now. Those DVD Season sets are great. Only season 7 to go and I think that will be out the first week in December.

I like those circular space windows on DS9. They are so neat. I wish I had a computer pic of one so I could place myself in the picture! Be nice if I could find one with a Starfleet Officer in it so I can just transfer my face onto it!..Man, I need to get to Star Trek: The Experience..! :blink:

Personal Log Stardate 31120.19

Haven't really felt like writing in my log or doing much posting the past couple of days. I'm tired. Very busy days at work and I feel like I'm catching a cold. Must be this weather, Rainy, Windy and Cold. I think I'll just relax in my quarters on Deep Space 13 and listen to some music.

The skies are green and glowing

Where my heart is, Where my heart is,

Where the scented Lunar flower is growing

Somewhere, beyond the Stars

Beyond Antares

I'll be back though it takes forever,

Forever, is just a day

Forever, is just another journey

Tomorrow, a step along the way

The skies are green and glowing

Where the scented Lunar flower is growing

Somewhere, beyond the Stars

Beyond Antares

Then the years go fading

My Love eternally is waiting

Somewhere beyond the Stars,

Beyond Antares

Personal Log Stardate 31121.9

Haven't really felt like myself lately. Kinda feel dazed and tired. Maybe I'm catching a cold, maybe it's the time of the year. Certainly has been busy here at work. I've been working late at night and I'm even coming in tomorrow morning for a while. Maybe that's why I don't feel right. I don't deal well with stress and long hours.

I did watch Enterprise this week and I really liked the show. It certainly was a bizarre show dealing with the clone issue and weather Archer did the right thing. I totally agree with what Archer did. I probably would have done the same thing in his place. He needed Trip back..Not Sim..There is a difference..I gave it a 9.5. I liked it alot. Scott, Conner and Jolene did a great job with this episode..Haven't felt like posting my opinion in that thread..I'd be just repeating what alot of other people have said..Still feel kinda blah..Seems ike I haven't felt right since I found out about the passing of Kellie Waymire..A coincidence ??

Personal Log Stardate 31121.23

Kinda late to be posting in my log but hey. Why not? Today was a busy day at work and I am going in for a few hours tomorrow morning. I watched a couple more episodes of DS9's 6th season DVDs. I just finished disc 6. Good shows. I'm enjoying them alot. I only have 2 shows left to watch in this season. I seem to remember hearing that Jadzia dies in this season. I wonder if it's the last show of the season. I can't help but wondering why does she have to die? I enjoy her character alot. Not as much as I like Kira but that's just me. I'm crazy about Kira Nerys! In fact I just won the bidding on a cool Kira plate on EBAY..And I got it real cheap. I know just where I'm going to put it. In my living room right next to my DS9 Station model that I got from 'The Experience' web site..So cool..

006.jpg

Cool plate, spacetigger! Congrats on the good deal! E-bay is a great place to get Trek stuff.

Personal Log Stardate 31124.7

Monday morning. Going to be a short week anyway. I have Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving so that is good. It was a pretty good weekend I guess considering I took a bad fall Saturday morning. I was leaving for work and I didn't know that my steps were slick. I went right down hard. Damn gravity! I wrenched my shoulder. My arm was twisted behind me and my hand was bleeding. I thought I was going to need stitches. But I managed to get it bandaged up and stopped the bleeding. And get this..I still went into work for an hour and went food shopping afterwards! Well? Somebody had to do it! I'm feeling OK now I guess..My back and shoulder are still bothering me some but I'll work thru it. I went down and saw my parents yesterday and had a good visit with them. They will be heading down to Florida on Saturday. They'll be down there until April. Of course I'll see everybody at my sisters on Thanksgiving anyway..

Personal Log Stardate 31125.7

WoooHooo! Received my Kira Nerys plate yesterday that I mentioned in a previous log entry. Such a beautiful plate. It looks great in my living room. EBAY is a wonderful place for Star Trek stuff. I get so excited about Star Trek that at times I can hardly contain myself.. :dude:

I just found out last night that I won't be seeing my daughter and grandkids on Thanksgiving. They are going to be with my son-in-laws family that day..Oh well..There will be other holidays..As long as everybody is happy and healthy..Of course I will still be going over my sisters. The rest of the family will be there including my brother and his wife and my parents. It'll be good to see them again. I see my parents quite often but I don't see my brother and sister as much as I should.

Personal Log Stardate 31126.12

Happy Enterprise day.. :dude: It is also the last day of work before the holiday so it is an even better day. Going to be good to have a couple of days off. I'll be in the chat room tonight after Enterprise. From the previews it looks like T'Pol time travels with Archer. Maybe she will finally believe in Time Travel!? Should be another good show anyway. I'm looking forward to it.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I hope you all have a good holiday..Be careful on the roads and lets be good to each other..

Personal Log Stardate 31130.18

It was a pretty good 4 days off from work. I had a pretty good time over my sisters on Thanksgiving. It is always good to get together with family over a good Thanksgiving meal. My Parents left for Florida the day after Thanksgiving. They should be arriving there sometime tomorrow. They are taking their time getting down there which is always better. I'm expecting a phone call from them tomorrow sometime.

Well, I changed my internet service over to Comcast High Speed Cable. I spent a lot of my Saturday afternoon and night setting it up. I had to make a couple calls into Comcast and I had to add all my favorite websites into the Browser. And I had to go and change my E-Mail address on all these sites. Hard to believe that there was that much to do..But it's done now and I'm glad that I switched over. This should work out great.

My Patriots managed to hang on again today and beat the Colts. They are now 10-2.. ;)

Back to work tomorrow..

Personal Log Stardate 31201.9

Don't have much to say in this entry but I thought I would check in anyway. :o Is there anything worse than going to work on a Monday morning after a long Holiday weekend? I don't think so. It would help if I actually had some work to do! I'm just lucky that I have access to the internet to kill time while I wait for something to do. Talk about easy money! I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. Been thinking about my parents this morning. They left for Florida the day after Thanksgiving. They should be arriving there today I believe. Going to be a cold windy week up here..

Personal Log Stardate 31202.8

What a bad ride into work this morning! Recieved a dusting of snow overnight and it turned to ice this morning. I don't mind driving in the snow but the ice is something else. Everybody was sliding all over the road..Me too..I'm just glad that I live close to work.

Talked to my parents last night. They made it to Florida just fine. They had a good trip down there. My Mom has caught herself a bad cold but that has happened to a lot of people. It's the time of the year. I've felt something coming on as well. I'll be glad when she has her internet service set up down there so we can IM back and forth. Hopefully they won't have too many problems setting it up and they get it taken care of today.

Looks like we are into rerun mode on Enterprise. Oh well..It's the time of the year. It'll give us all something to look forward to after the holidays..

Personal Log Stardate 31204.9

Yahoo..Payday.! If everthing goes as planned I'm going to take a ride up to Best Buy tonight. I believe DS9's season 7 DVD set is now out. It's the last piece of the puzzle. I have the first 6 seasons already. They are fantastic. Course, I may have to wait if I have to work late tonight..

Good Enterprise show last night even though it was a rerun. My parents are all settled down in New Port Richey Florida for the Winter. They have their internet connection established and are on line again..Yay!..I've got my Mom hooked on Enterprise. She watches it every week. I've been trying to get her to join this message board with no success as of yet..!

December 4th..I probably should start my Christmas shopping soon!.. :biggrin:

Personal Log Stardate 31204.20

WooHoo..! I just came back from Best Buy..I have in my hands the final piece to the puzzle. DS9's seventh season DVD set ..Can't wait to start watching them. Maybe I'll watch a couple tonight. It's early enough. Sounds like a major snow storm coming thru this weekend. That certainly won't be any fun. But that's just me and winter. I often ask myself why would anybody live in a place this cold and wintery..! And yet I'm still here..Oh well it is home...

Personal Log Stardate 31205.9

Happy Friday. :blink: Looks like the snow is going to hold off until tonight. That is good anyway but it's going to be a snowy weekend..

I just watched the first 2 episodes of DS9's season 7 last night. So, I just met Ezri for the first time. She certainly wasn't ready to be joined with a symbiont was she? She was kinda funny..She was like dazed by the whole thing..Man, she is cute though isn't she?..Worf didn't look too happy when she arrived on the station. It should be interesting to see how he reacts to Dax being back..Too bad Ezri only has 1 season on DS9..But I am looking forward to seeing the rest of season 7..

Personal Log Stardate 31206.22

It's been snowing since last night here. And it is still snowing and it probably won't stop until tomorrow afternoon! Amazing..What a storm this has been. I haven't went outside at all today. Looks like well over a foot of snow out there already..I'll have to get out there tomorrow morning and do a lot of shoveling and dig out my car..! Should be fun.. B) I watched a lot of my DS9 season 7 DVDs today. I'm up to disc 4..Real good shows..Good way to spend my day..Seeing some cool DS9 shows and watching the snow fall.

I've enjoyed seeing everybody's Holiday Banners. They are all great..I'm glad I don't have to decide which one is the best. They are all wonderful..

Personal Log Stardate 31208.9

Happy Monday! Well, I survived the first big snow storm of the year! We're lucky it held off until the weekend. But we certainly got a lot of snow. I'm never a good judge of snow amounts but we definately got well over a foot of snow. The weatherman seem to think around 18 inches in my area. It gave me a good excuse to watch a lot of my DS9 DVDs that I haven't seen yet. [Like I needed an excuse!]..Real good shows. I'm up to disc 5 on the 7th season DVDs..I can't get the episide Badda Bing Badda Bang out of my head! Fun episode as was Take me out to the Holosuite. I thought it was funny that Miles was chewing scotch flavored gum!! Oh there is also the one where another changeling comes to the station..Laars I think his name was. Can't remember the name of the episode right now..But I liked it alot..Oh lets face it; There are all great!!

Patriots beat Miami up here yesterday. They are now 11-2 and have clinched first place.. :dude: Did you guys see the fans throwing the snow at the end of the game? :eek:

Personal Log Stardate 31209.7

Don't know why I'm posting a log today. I really don't have a lot to say. I'm in work and I'm bored as usual. Actually I almost didn't come in this morning. I really don't feel great. I went to bed almost right after I got home from Church last night. I felt real tired. I'm Kinda dizzy and light headed this morning. I just don't feel like myself. :dude: Must be a winter bug..It certainly is cold out there this morning. Well, I'll get thru the day somehow..I'd like to be home and watching some DS9..! Oh well...

Personal Log Stardate 31210.12

Been a busy morning at work for a change. Nice to finally have something to do. Enterprise tonight of course. I'm looking forward to it even if it is a rerun. Is anyone going into the chat room afterwards? I may pop in briefly to see if anybody is around. I'm really getting deep into my season 7 DS9 DVDs so I'm sure I'll want to watch more of them tonight. I'm up to Disc 6! Many surprises on the disc 5 shows last night.

Click for Spoiler:

Including Dukat as a Bajoran and the Breen attacking Earth, destroying the Defiant and forming a Dominion/Breen alliance. Oh and Kai Winn getting involved with Dukat and the Pai Wraiths!!

.Wow! Great shows!

Personal Log Stardate 31211.9

Good Enterprise show last night. Extinction, always liked that one. Neat to see Archer, Hoshi and Reed change into aliens. I also watched 4 hours of DS9 too!. I've finally made it. I'm up to the very last DS9 episode, 'What you leave behind'. It's almost a sad occasion! I've been wanting to watch this show for a long time. But it will also be the last DS9 episode that is 'new to me'. Still I'm anxious to watch it and the special features on the Season 7 DVD set.. Perhaps I can watch the episode tonight and the special features tomorrow night..

A little warmer today and it is raining. Some of that snow will melt away..But. I'm sure we'll get more soon. As early as Sunday/Monday I think..

Personal Log Stardate 31211.22

What You Leave Behind

I just finished watching this episode for the first time. I was excited to finally get to see it but at the same time I was sad that it's the last DS9 episode. I do believe it was a good way to end the series if it had to end. I must say that I am now CRAZY about DS9 after watching all 7 seasons. And most of these I have seen for the first time recently. I highly reconmend these DVDs if you haven't seen much of DS9. It is a great way to see the show. I know that I'll be watching them a lot.

Click for Spoiler:

Lots of changes at the end but I was most upset by Miles leaving the station. I wasn't aware that I had become so attached to the Miles/Julian relationship. They were always together. In the Holosuite, In Quarks having a beer or playing darts...

I can't help but ask: How can we get a DS9 movie?! We need it to happen..We need to get this crew back together!

Personal Log Stardate 31212.7

I'm still rather dazed by watching the last episode of DS9 last night. :biggrin: Much of the crew went off at the end and split up. I suppose that is what a final episode is all about. And it was a good way to end the series. I've just grown so attached to these characters. Kinda sad that it had to end this way..Oh well, it was a great Trek series.. At least I have 7 years of episodes to watch.

Onward and upward I suppose. It is Friday. So that is good anyways.I hope today flys by!..If I remember right there is going to be a Trivia Chat session tomorrow night. That's cool..It's been a while..

Personal Log Stardate 31213.9

I did need to come into work for a while today..Oh well..I'll have a lot to do when I get out of here so I can be home for the Trivia Chat session tonight. But I should make it OK..My emotions about 'What You Leave Behind' have calmed down now. I can't help it. I get so emotional about Star Trek and it's characters..I love DS9 and that episode was so sad for me..It probably was a good way to end the series..I just didn't like it..Sorry..I'll watch the rest of the 7 years of episodes again but I see no need to re-watch that last show again..Too sad for me..I'll hold out hope that they'll get together in a movie..But I doubt that will happen..