Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Weekly Star Trek Fan Chat (The Official Topic)

The chat was great last night. Several of the regulars weren't there but their place was taken by some people we rarely see in the chatroom like TrekkieCara and UnadoptedAngelic. GuardianofForever, a chatter but not a poster, gave us a review of the Star Trek Tour which is making its way across the country. Unfortunately, the review was not good. We need to hear from some more people that have attended this thing.

Kor could you summarize the review of the Tour a bit - or was it just negative in general?

Sorry I have missed the last few chats, but I continue to get an error message trying to get into chat. :)

Kor could you summarize the review of the Tour a bit - or was it just negative in general?

Sorry I have missed the last few chats, but I continue to get an error message trying to get into chat. :)

You need to email VBG with the problem you are having. He is anxiously awaiting emails from those who can't get into the chatroom.

As for the tour, GuardianofForever said that the whole tour takes only about 40 minutes, there was NO movie for you to act in as advertized, the Bridge sets were cheesy and the short film starring Wil Wheaton and Tim Russ was horrible. To add insult to injury, he said that the background music in the film was taken directly from "Galaxy Quest". This is just what he said. I'd wait for more reviews to come in before making any decisions whether to go or not.

Chatroom still not working for me, so won't be there again

Have you emailed VGB and described the problem you are having? He is waiting to hear from you. He wants to get this problem fixed.

Chatroom still not working for me, so won't be there again

Have you emailed VGB and described the problem you are having? He is waiting to hear from you. He wants to get this problem fixed.

yep, and the chatroom people still haven't fixed the problem.

I was offline from 12/20-1/24 (tech problems). Will try to make a chat soon.

Belated Holiday Wishes everyone!

somebody PM me how to do the Chatrooms, I forget where it is and how its done

part of memory loss from my Stroke guys :yahoo:

somebody PM me how to do the Chatrooms, I forget where it is and how its done

part of memory loss from my Stroke guys :yahoo:

On the main page up at the top you will see "Live Chat". Click that on and it gets you into the chatroom.......hopefully.

The chat was great last Saturday as Van Roy said. We had at least 10 people there, the most in quite some time.

I posted on the AskVBG thread but repeating here for emphasis.

As has been said before, chat-room problems usually have to do with Java problems and remains true.

Everyone having trouble with the Room needs to completely uninstall all Java from your machine then reinstall a fresh copy at http://java.com/en/

If you don't know how to uninstall/reinstall it, PM me for directions.

Ah crap, sorry Gamera.

Are you sure you removed all old Java files, perhaps you missed an old update near the bottom of the list or something... Did you install the correct version for your OS?

Ah crap, sorry Gamera.

Are you sure you removed all old Java files, perhaps you missed an old update near the bottom of the list or something... Did you install the correct version for your OS?

It's just my junky computer. The java I installed worked on another website, just doesn't like working on this one for some reason

Most likely I won't make the chat this week. The ladies are safe.

Hmmm, we'll miss you Roy..I hope the rest of you can make it..

The chat was good again this week. We got up to 10 people at one point. It was really nice to see StVoyagerfan join us again for the 2nd week in a row.

I was able to make it in for part of it after all - but there were no women there! I had to hit on SpaceTigger!

Uh.........DUUUUHH.....StVoyagerfan is all woman. I pointed that out to you in the chat but you were too busy hitting on Tigger...........

Edited by Kor37

I was able to make it in for part of it after all - but there were no women there! I had to hit on SpaceTigger!

Oh that's just disturbing.

It was disturbing.. <_< Was it the long hair that threw Roy off? Most people get turned off by the ZZ Top beard..

It was disturbing.. <_< Was it the long hair that threw Roy off? Most people get turned off by the ZZ Top beard..

I think it was the "Father Time" look coupled with the tie dye shirt. It took Van Roy back to the 1960s with all of the free love and he just got carried away....... :naughty:

<_<

ALRIGHT EVERYONE! GET YOUR BUTTS IN HERE! C'mon.....I was only kidding about the long speech!... <_<