Thats really weird about Christy. I think she would have turned out to be a top class female wrestler. She really seemed to have a passion for the business. When she was teamed up with Hawk & Heidenretch, she did a flawless Doomsday Device maneuver off the top rope. I was really impressed. None of the wrestling sites seem to have a reason for the firing. The biggest guess was that she made too much money.

MAJOR RAW SPOILER for you folks.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
The Eric Bischoff era is over.

Oh please!....Bischoff is going on a vacation (his first real vacation since he joined WWE) after which he will return.
Edited by Kor37

-- WWE diva Victoria has been left out of both the new RAW vs. SmackDown video game and the 2006 Divas calendar.

That doesn't look good for Victoria.......... :angry:

-- WWE diva Victoria has been left out of both the new RAW vs. SmackDown video game and the 2006 Divas calendar.

That doesn't look good for Victoria.......... :P

That Pissed Me Off Too...But...That Whole Roster Is Far Too Dated..Even For A Wrestling Game.

Oh, I Loved The Bit With Maria Durning "The Trial Of Eric Bischoff." :angry:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

I just finished watching last weeks Smackdown Special and fridays Smackdown...i dont get Smackdown so i have to download it each week...but god damn what a show :( ...big ups to Rey for putting on a wicked match with the big show,the twist at the end was also pretty good..choke slam city ^_^ ...JBL you suck..chicken wing butt face..for leaving Rey to get hammered by Kane and the Big show :) ...but Batista made my day at the end coming in with chair shots on Big show and a wicked spin buster on Kane B)..i have to say Smackdown hasnt been much of a show the last few weeks but if they keep putting on shows like that then i will be watching it more often :(

Shelton Benjamin's "Mama" Set To Debut On RAW?

Date Added: December 07, 2005

Story By: Ben Johnson

Source: PWInsider.com

World Wrestling Entertainment sent out a casting call this week expressing its desire to find a woman to play "Shelton Benjamin's Mama" on the RAW brand.

The ideal candidate would be in her 50s, black and heavyset with a "good personality."

Assuming WWE goes through with the plan, the character will travel with the RAW brand for three to six months.

This could be pretty funny. She could interfere in his matches like Judy Bagwell did. Her and Shelton may even win the tag belts!........ :(

I just finished watching RAW. The trial of Eric Bishoff was pretty funny. The whole thing reminded me of some of the stuff that Vince and Austin did way back when.

What the heck is Lance Cade wearing to the ring? He looks pretty weird now. He and Murdoch were pretty good as a tag team. As solo wrestlers, both are merely mid-carders at best.

Edited by Kor37

Today in History

(1999) Goldberg and Bret Hart won the WCW tag team titles by defeating Creative Control on an episode of WCW Thunder.

I'm just getting into wrestling on TV. I never cared for it much, but my girlfriend is a big fan. Every other week I have both Monday and Friday off, so I watch RAW and Smackdown at her sister's (we don't have TV) and tell her what happened when she gets home, or the next morning. :(

Her sister's boyfriend has WWE WrestleMania 21 on the Xbox. If you don't already have it, avoid it like the plague! This thing skips like a pirated PC game running on a system with half the required specs. I went to create a new career wrestler, and it crashed. So you can only do one-time matches... supposedly you press the white button and the direction the other guy is during a tag team match, to tag your partner... Neither he or I could get it to work. We were on the same team, against the computer... and every time I got in the ring, the ref would chase me out... yet the CPU's second character could get in and team up on my brother-in-law. I could fight outside the ring, if I could get the other guy on the ropes out there. No, you can't pull him off the ropes... he has to come down willingly. When all four of us were out of the ring, in the same area, the camera stayed way back, so all the characters were tiny. It could have zoomed in, gave us a better look. I tried a bra-and-panties match, and it said you hold B to get the other girl in a grapple, and then B + direction to tear her top off... all that did was drag her around the ring. Utterly trashy, untested game... do not get it. I remember playing an old Wrestlemania game on the original Nintendo, with Hulk Hogan (before he was Hollywood), Andre The Giant (RIP), Million Dollar Man, and a bunch of others. This was really old school. I wasn't very good at it, but at least it was a good game, it worked right.

Welcome to our little Wrestling thread. We look forward to hearing all of your comments on the various antics that go on in the wonderful world of Wrestling! :(

-- The 3 Minute Warning team of Rosie and Jamal will be reuniting. Jamal was released due to a bar fight he got in, and recently announced his return to WWE at a recent show in Japan. The story going around right now is that WWE will be using Bischoff to manage the team.

-- Word going around is that Dusty Rhodes will be the new RAW general manager, in a role very seminal to what he was doing in TNA.

I figured 3 Minute Warning would get back together. Bishoff as their manager makes sense. I guess the plan to make Shane the GM has been dropped with no explanation as usual.

In the wake of his heart scare, talk continues that Kevin Nash could permanently retire from in-ring performing. Although doctors say that Nash is not at risk of getting a heart attack simply from wrestling, he had been giving indications that his career was coming to an end long before this specific heart issue.

I would like to see Shane or JR as the New GM

There appears to be some talk of putting JR in charge of OVW if they decided not to keep Heyman.

In the wake of his heart scare, talk continues that Kevin Nash could permanently retire from in-ring performing

I hope Nash does us all a favor and retires. The older he gets, the lazier he works.

kool special tonight

Today in History

(2001) At WWF Vengeance in San Diego, Chris Jericho defeated both The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin in the same night to become the first ever Undisputed World Champion.

Hey Guys, I Got That Bret Hart DVD Last Week. It Was Pretty Cool. :dontgetit:

Anyone Else Get It?

I dont have it but i have seen it at friends and it was pretty good :blink:

I've never been a big fan of Bret Hart. While his technical skills were good, his mic work was horrible and he took himself WAY too seriously.

I was a Huge Hart Fan, Mainly because I hated HBK so much, he is a miserable human, and I think every inch on this planet HBK takes up he is wasting

I am bored so here is the history of the nWo

Who has been in the nWo?

In May 1996 Scott Hall appeared on Nitro, no one knew why he was there. On his second appearance, Sting confronted Hall and wanted to know why he was talking about three guys when Hall was only one guy, and that's when he promised to bring a big surprise the following week, which turned out to be Nash. They were posing an invaders from the WWF looking to take over WCW. Once Hall and Nash, as the Outsiders, proved to be a serious threat, WCW put the names of Sting, Luger, Savage, Hogan, the Giant and Ric Flair in a hat to select who would represent them and Sting, Luger and Savage were selected. A six-man tag was set for WCW's Bash at the Beach PPV. The Outsiders said that their third man will be revealed at the ppv.

At July's Bash at the beach Hulk Hogan runs in and turns on WCW joining Hall and Nash as their third man. Hogan calls them the "New World Order." During the next month the NWO attack more WCW wrestlers. New members during this time are Ted DiBiase who acting as the "money man" and Vincent who was "head of security". At August's Road Wild, Hollywood Hogan beats the Giant unfairly to become the WCW World champion. Two weeks later the Giant joins the NWO saying money as his reason. Also at Road Wild, the Booty Man asks to join the NWO but is attacked by them instead.

In September 1996 the next member of the NWO appeared to be Sting but is actually an impostor known as "Fake Sting" or "NWO Sting". The new Sting wrestles for the next month until he joins New Japan to wrestle as part of NWO Japan. Sean Waltman joins the NWO as Syxx even though he is actually the seventh member. In October the Nasty Boys try to join the NWO but are attacked instead just as Booty Man was.

Bischoff was revealed as having joined the nWo as of early November, and it was he who initiated the membership drive which ran from November 25th to December 25th. He actually joined up with the Outsiders just after the Great American Bash, but pretended to be an adversary until Piper found him out.

In December 1996 the NWO announces a "membership drive" giving WCW wrestlers a chance to join the NWO or become a victim to their attacks. The Giant is kicked out for demanding a title shot against Hollywood Hogan. The WCW wrestlers who join NWO at this time are Marcus Bagwell (who was renamed Buff), Michael Wallstreet, Big Bubba Rogers, and Scott Norton. Also during this time Masa Chono and Great Muta (both part of NWO Japan) join the North American NWO but leave soon after.

Thanks to "Wildride" for some date corrections and additional information concerning the beginning of the nWo.

In Feburary 1997 Randy Savage joins the NWO at Superbrawl helping Hogan in his world title match. The new WCW Commissioner J.J. Dillion announced that Big Bubba and Michael Wallstreet's contracts will not allow them to be NWO members. Also during the Spring and Summer of 1997, Dennis Rodman joins the NWO but only wrestles one match at Bash at the Beach. In August Konnan joins the NWO and Ted Dibiase leaves the NWO and becomes the manager of the Steiner Brothers.

In September, Curt Hennig joins the NWO after turning against the Four Horsemen at War Games. In December, Rick Rude joins the NWO and Bret Hart is also asked to join but turns it down. In January, The Disciple joins the NWO and so does Dusty Rhodes after turning on Larry Zybysko, and Bryan Adams after turning on Bret Hart. In Febuary, Scott Steiner joins after turning on Rick Steiner. In January, Louie Spicolli acted like a "flunky" to Scott Hall and wore an NWO shirt but was never announced as an offical NWO member before his death. Syxx also disappers at this time when Sean Waltman was fired by WCW.

In Feburary/March, Randy Savage and Kevin Nash form NWO Wolfpac after having issues with Hollywood Hogan. Soon after NWO members Curt Hennig and Konnan join the Wolfpac as well as WCW wrestlers Lex Luger and Sting. The NWO Wolfpac also make themselves known as a separate group by wearing black and red t-shirts rather than black and white. Also during this time, the original NWO begin to label themselves NWO Hollywood or NWO Black and White. Scott Hall is invited to join the Wolfpac but turns it down. The Giant re-joins NWO Hollywood during this time.

In May 1998, Curt Hennig turns on NWO Wolfpac and rejoins NWO Hollywood. Randy Savage is injured during this time and desappears from the Wolfpac. In July, Dennis Rodman returns to the NWO Hollywood and wrestles at Bash at the Beach. Stevie Ray joins NWO Hollywood in September. The Disciple quits NWO Hollywood in October to join the "One Warrior Nation". Horace Hogan joins NWO Hollywood at Halloween Havoc. Also during this time, Bret Hart joins, quits, and rejoins NWO several times but never actually wears an NWO shirt or says he is a part of the NWO.

In November 1998, Hollywood Hogan announces his "retirement" and Scott Steiner become the new leader of NWO Hollywood. Scott Hall is kicked out of NWO Hollywood in December and then tries to join NWO Wolfpac but is refuses. Also during this time, Disco Inferno claims he is a member of NWO Wolfpac.

In January 1999, Hollywood Hogan comes out of his "retirement" and beats Kevin Nash for the WCW World title after Nash lays down for him. The NWO is reformed as one group after that match with the NWO Wolfpac consisting of a special selection of wrestlers. The Wolfpac includes Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, and Scott Steiner. The remainder of the NWO Hollywood group consists of The Giant, Curt Hennig, Vincent, Stevie Ray, Bryan Adams, Scott Norton, and Horace Hogan. The Giant and Curt Hennig become upset at not being ask to join the NWO Wolfpac and are attacked by them and kicked out of the NWO. Konnan is also kicked out out of the NWO after not being a part of the new NWO Wolfpac. Bret Hart's NWO membership is not mentioned during this time and Sting's status is up in the air.

In April 1999, Scott Hall leaves NWO Wolfpac and goes into "retirement". Hollywood Hogan goes into semi-retirment and Buff Bagwell is kicked out of the Wolfpac. The only members left of the Wolfpac are Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner (who rarely do anything NWO related), Lex Luger, and possibly Disco Inferno. The NWO Black and White is now Vincent, Horace, Stevie Ray, and Bryan Adams with Scott Norton now wrestling without the NWO. Soon after Horace Hogan is fired, Bryan Adams leaves the NWO, Stevie Ray quits to reform Harlem Heat and Vincent leaves to join the West Texas Rednecks. The NWO is not operating until the Fall of 2000.

The NWO is reformed in the fall of 2000 and consists of Bret Hart, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall. Bret Hart is injured in December and is forced into retirement. Scott Hall also leaves because of personal problems. Ron Harris and Don Harris are brought into the NWO in January and Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash also leave NWO during this time leaving Jeff Jarrett and the Harris Brothers. Jarrett stops using the NWO name and the NWO is never seen in WCW again.

In Febuary 2002, one year after WWF bought WCW, the NWO are brought into the WWF by Vince McMahon. The group consists of original members Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall. In March, Hall and Nash attack Hogan after he loses at WrestleMania and then one week later X-Pac joins Hall and Nash in the NWO.

In May of 2002, the Big Show turns on Steve Austin in a Tag Team Match against Scott Hall & X-Pac and joins the nWo. About two weeks later, Scott Hall gets released by the WWE (WWF). A week later, Ric Flair turns on Steve Austin and becomes a semi-member of the nWo. Booker T also later joins the group after winning a guantlet match.

On June 3rd of 2002, Kevin Nash made a special announcement on RAW saying that "HBK" Shawn Michaels is now the newest member of the nWo.

On June 10th of 2002, Shawn Michaels addresses each member in the nWo group (Kevin Nash, X-Pac and Booker T). Shawn ends up kicking out Booker T of the group.

On July 8th of 2002, Kevin Nash took part in a big Six Man Tag Team Match involving himself Big Show, X-Pac, Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero vs. Booker T, Goldust, Bubba Ray Dudley, Spike Dudley & Rob Van Dam. During the match, Kevin Nash suffered a quad injury. A week later, Vince McMahon came out on RAW and announced that the nWo was dead.

Who came up with the nWo?

Booker Paul Orndorff is credited for coming up with the idea of the "invasion" angle with Hall and Nash. Other WCW Booker Terry Taylor is credited for coming up with other ideas such as t-shirt selling, black and white colors, the attitude, etc. Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash are credited for coming up with most of the catchphrases and mannerisms in the group.

Also it should be noted that even though Eric Bischoff takes the credit for creating the NWO, he actually had almost nothing to do with it's start. All the claims that Bischoff started the NWO after watching the New Japan/All Japan feuds are made up.

Were they a separate organization from WCW?

No. The nWo is just a storyline and everyone in the NWO were employees of WCW or WWF as of 2002.

Did the WWF sue the nWo?

Yes. Vince McMahon and the WWF sued Time-Warner and WCW for using the mannerisms and character of "Razor Ramon" on one edition of Nitro without permission from the WWF. It is believed the suit was settled in 2000 with WWF winning but it isn't actually known.

What the hell was Konnan saying?

"Arriba la raza" is a spanish phrase that translates to "forward the race", and is a call for unity among chicanos. "Bout it bout it" (pronounced "bowdy bowdy") is from Master P rap song and is just a way of saying "We're there".

What's with all the "spot" jokes?

In the fall of 1997 the Four Horsemen were trying to bring in Curt Hennig to replace 4th member Jeff Jarrett but Hennig kept turning them down. Finally on an edition of Nitro Arn Anderson gave a very emotional interview offering Curt Hennig his spot in the team as his last gift to the wrestling world. Curt Hennig then joined the Four Horsemen. The next week on Nitro, NWO members Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell, Syxx, and Konnan came out dresses as the Four Horsemen and begin to re-do the interview making fun of the Horsemen and spitting on the career of Arn Anderson. Kevin Nash dressed as Arn Anderson said the line "Not my dog Spot, not a liver spot, but MY spot". Reports after the event said that the real Horsemen had to be physically restrained from running out to the ring and attacking the NWO and were unaware that the fake interview was planned. The Four Horsemen then fought the four NWO members at FallBrawl 1997 in the War Games match and lost after Curt Hennig turned on the Horsemen and joined the NWO. The Four Horsemen group was buried as a result of the interview and match and disbanded after.

I just started an "Official WWE Thread" on my board, mostly because my girlfriend works nights and misses it every night. I basically recap everything that happens on WWE that night, RAW or Smackdown. I also try to keep it clean profanity-wise... if I trip the badword filters (copying here) then I trip them and all is good... if I hear one word from the moderators about my language, though, I'll stop copying the posts here, but in this thread I'll link to the thread on my board, so if you want to bookmark that and get the updates... Well, I checked WWE.com and they have no information on tonight's match, so I'll have the info up before them, if you want it... If you're all watching it, then I guess it's redundant... but I'm posting for someone who can't see it. So we'll see how long this lasts... :blink:

[RAW Summary for 12 December 2005]

Recap: Eric Bischoff fired by Vince McMahon... We got to see highlights from the "court case" (gotta love the scene where McMahon goes "oh, sorry, I didn't hear a word you said... I was listening to Ashlee Simpson on my new iPod... boy she SUCKS" - yep, they showed that too) as well as McMahon taking out the trash.

McMahon introduces with those clips, talks about looking for a new General Manager for RAW, and concludes that he'll be the "interim GM" for the time being.

A cage match is announced, "New Years Revolution", where five contenders to be determined tonight (see below) will face John Cena for the WWE Championship.

The first match pits Kurt Angle against Ric Flair... it's a pretty good match to start the night, and Angle eventually takes it. Ric Flair's been wrestling for a long time, back when I was a kid watching Hulk Hogan, Million Dollar Man, and Andre the Giant (RIP) when it was WWF (I didn't really like it, but watched a little, played a couple of the games), so he's got the respect, but he's also in his fifties, so losing to Kurt Angle wasn't a big surprise. Then Kurt Angle starts talking about this charity event WWE is doing in Afghanistan for the soldiers, and he's just going off on the soldiers, saying they haven't caught Osama bin Laden, and they represent a country which doesn't show him any respect, so he's saying all kinds of bad things about America's troops overseas. This isn't going over very well with the audience, and John Cena has a little something to say to him over it - nothing special, just common sense stuff.

Next we had Carlito and Shelton Benjamin... I really don't like Carlito, don't see him as a serious contender for any title. He's like a punk, a punching bag to get beat up on by the more serious characters. He's got that big hair, that dumb apple shirt, and "COOL" written across his arse with the O's replaced by the silly apple logos. I don't know who Benjamin is, but he was talking smack to Shawn Michaels after the break, before this match, saying he hopes he could get in the "New Years Revolution" with him - but that won't happen. Benjamin had a chance to take Carlito out, but dawdled, and left the ring to get an apple Carlito had left, to mock him before the pin... well, he gave Carlito enough time to recover, and that's what he did... made Benjamin look like a fool.

The third match was Big Show and Shawn Michaels, a fairly good match. It was funny, I said to Jen's sister and her boyfriend, "I wouldn't wanna get hit by Big Show", and within 30 seconds, one of the announcers said "I wouldn't wanna be exchanging punches with the Big Show". Heh heh. It was getting to be a good match, but when Big Show had Michaels down, and was on the other side of the ring getting ready to come at him, all of a sudden here comes Triple H, drags Michaels out of the ring, and hits him with a nearby chair, knocking Michaels out. For that, the ref disqualified Big Show, calling the unconscious or maybe just dazed Shawn Michaels the winner of that match. As you can imagine, Big Show wasn't too happy about this. (More on that later...)

The five matches were the main event tonight, but a couple other things happened... you'll have to forgive me if I haven't got the timeline just right. But all throughout, different people (none of them very interesting) approach Vince McMahon about the RAW GM position. The latest is Candice, who tries to seduce McMahon in his office, when John Cena and Daivari bust in - John Cena asking McMahon some dumb question I can't remember - I think he wants an early shot at Kurt Angle or something. So McMahon announces there will be the first-ever "You Can't See Me" match - John Cena against the other guy, Cena blindfolded. Then we have Mickie Davis and Victoria in some kind of catfight match, and Trish Stratus guest commenting... I actually wasn't paying attention, I think I was eating at the time... but I'm pretty sure Mickie Davis won that one. It was a pretty short match, and seemed to be just filler as opposed to the rest of the events.

The fourth main match is Chris Masters "The Masterpiece" and Viscera. I thought Big Show was the biggest guy on the roster, and he may still be, but Viscera is pretty big himself. I would much rather have seen Shawn Michaels against Chris Masters and Big Show take on Viscera, that would have made more sense, but it was OK. Masters got Viscera in the Master Lock, and won by submission (Viscera tapped out). Lastly (before the blindfold match) we had Triple H take on Kane. Triple H was dominating, but one of them accidentally hit the ref, knocking him out... Big Show comes out, does a number on Tripe H, gets him down... drags the ref over, wakes him up, then Kane pins Triple H for the 3-count.

Finally, we had the blindfold match, John Cena with his head in a black velvet-looking bag Vince was testing out, said he couldn't see out of. The match was pretty lame really, Kurt Angle outside the ring, him and Daivari making noises, getting Cena to run at them. At one point Cena hit the ref (who was dumb enough to be that close). I can't remember who won (probably Daivari - but it doesn't matter because it wasn't for a spot in the New Years match, it was a "just because" match) but afterwards, Cena took the bag off and kicked Daivari's arse, then whooped on Kurt Angle, chased him out of the ring.

"The Official WWE Thread" on the Dark Reality Message Board

Lex Luger In Jail Yet Again For Multiple Charges

December 10, 2005 - Source: The Observer

Former WCW Wrestler Lex Luger is current being held in Hennepin Country Jail in Minneapolis.

With a court appearance scheduled on the 22nd on two felonies, a drug charge from the state of Georgia and a fugitive from justice charge stemming from that original charge, Lawrence Pfohl is being held without bail.

Luger and Marcus Bagwell were on their way to a wrestling date in Winnipeg on Tuesday. They were then taken off an airplane due to a disturbance and were allowed to get on a later flight.

Both wrestlers, along with Scott Rechsteiner, were detained for a long period (between 90 minutes and three hours) at the border before Bagwell and Rechsteiner were allowed to enter the country. Pfohl was sent back, likely because they discovered the outstanding warrant, and arrested after he arrived in Minneapolis.

Since Pfhol's departure from WCW he has faced one legal problem after another. Between DUI arrests, steroids, and Growth Hormone found at his home when Elizabeth Hulette passed away, and he spent a lengthy period of time in jail in Atlanta due to nonpayment of child support.

Luger,Bagwell and Steiner. What a motley crew!.... :blink:

Anybody read the Smackdown Spoilers? Way to go Creative!

Introducing the new tag champs, Rey Mysterio and Batista! Batista's gotta be the worst wrestler to ever hold two titles at the same time.