you would of thought vince would of learned something from the PPV last night, god HHH is Horible, The Draft pick was good

my Pick for Smackdown.......Benjaman since no IC title bout was named yet

I had always heard of ECW but could never get it until they got their show on TNN. I then watched it every week. Plus, I watched all of their PPVs back in the day. I still have a "EC F'N W" t-shirt....lol

I was pretty disappointed that they didn't refer to One Night Stand on RAW.

They went from the brilliance of ECW to the stale and dull Triple H-dominated WWE.

Makes me realise that ECW will not be returning as a brand.

Heck, I would even settle for the "ECW Style" being adopted by the WWE, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

Hopefully the PPV buyrates may convince them otherwise.

I think if the ECW PPV gets a really high buy-rate, which I think it will, Vince will not be able to ignore its potential. I think that McMahon was surprised that the ECW dvd was the biggest selling dvd that WWE ever put out. I think that fact along with a strong response for the PPV will convince McMahon to do something with ECW.

I have to say as well that I'm sick and tired of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

The "beer" crap got old long ago.

In fact, the involvement of Austin was the only thing about the ECW PPV I didn't like.

From what I've read so far, the response to the ECW PPV was overwhealming. Apparently, Vince was really pleased by how it came out. He stayed out of it and let Heyman and Dreamer book the whole thing.

BTW - I read where Dawn Marie and Francine really got into it before the PPV. No love lost there. Dawn Marie is also visibly pregnant now. Guess we won't see her for quite some time.

Edited by Kor37

Some thoughts on RAW:

Click For Spoiler

- Austin/Hassan - I love Davari! I also hope that if I'm in any kind of trouble, Austin is NOT my judge...lol

- Bishoff looks pretty good after suffering a 3D,Flying head butt , 619 and a stunner...lol

- The ECW PPV got a few mentions but not a lot.

- Sargent Slaughter - Has he had a stroke or something? Look how slow hes talking. I remember years ago, I saw Slaughter in a 711 store. I said hi and he said "USA #1!" ....lol

- Jericho heel turn - Who didn't know THAT was coming?

- Viscera - OMG - Lillian likes it? WOW.....Viscera goes both ways!

- Lita/Snitsky - That was actually pretty funny.

- Lita/Edge - That wasn't..............

- WOW.....Angle to RAW! Vince is really stripping Smackdown.

Thats no surprise. They have been speculating about that one for months now. Its a good move though. He would do well on Smackdown.

all the interpromoional matches @ wrestlemania are now on the same show

Edited by dragonwrangler95

I just read where Tommy Dreamer suffered a separated shoulder and some kind of ear injury during his match.

Also, the ECW dvd will be released on June 28th already.

Early rumours say that the buyrate for the ECW PPV could be as high as 800,000 buys. If it gets anywhere close to that, it would be unbelievable.

I ordered it at 7:00 pm but it didn't come on until 7:59. I missed the whole pre-show thanks to the incompetent cable company (Comcast) that we have here. They spent a half hour screwing around with their system to get the PPV to broadcast. This happens all the time with them.

In the Mirror Universe, those of us on this thread watch WCW Monday Nitro every week.

With Vince McMahon as the General Manager and joining the Eric Bishoff Kiss My A.SS club..........

:newyear::congrats:

Many have pointed out that on the RAW Superstars page on WWE.com how World Champion Batista is listed above WWE Champion John Cena. This has caused some to joke that if Triple H were to somehow capture the WWE Title if he would still be listed underneath Batista since over time the World Heavyweight Title has become the "#1" world title in WWE.

Triple H is a frickin joke.

Whatever the WWE thinks we should believe, the title Batista currently holds is not the championship I recognise.

John Cena is the WWE Champion, and that's the only title I care about.

you may thnk the worl title is a Joke cause David arrequte is wearing it, or it was giving to HHH when it was reinstated, but the 1st WWE(WWWF then) championship was handed to Buddy Rogers in pretty much the same fashion a ournamet was held in (South America nobody attended Right), I like the world Champioship, it looks better then the WWE Belt (Cena's Belt is seriously a Joke and the one JBL had sucks too) go back to the mid 90's belt. The World Championship does have a long history too it, if you get a chance to read it, the only downfal to it is it was Given to HHH, but he would of won it in the same fashion, The WWE Championship being on Smackdown for the last few years, has really suffered, but that's Vince's Fault he should of made that the Raw belt IMO, but to late

Well technically the title that David Arquette held is not the same one Batista holds today. It's the same BELT, but it's a different title.

I don't recognise Batista's title because I know about the circumstances in which it was initially awarded to HHH, simply to satisfy his ego.

The design of the WWE Championship is indeed terrible. I think the Winged Eagle belt design should still be used. Since I think it is a million times better looking than that horrible thing Batista carries around.

I don't support this idea of changing the design of belts since I think it creates a break in the lineage from one person to another in the minds of the fans.

The current Raw "World" Title does not share a common history with the one used in the old WCW, since they are different titles even though the same design is used. Even the old WCW HT does not have a long history, since it was actually the NWA title (not the WCW title) which dates back decades. WCW split from the NWA when Turner purchased Jim Crockett Promotions which he renamed WCW.

The old WCW Championship only dates back to around 1993.

Edited by The King

see thats where the fanbase and alot of webpages split, on the linage of the titles, to me the NWA and WCW titles are the same, the new NWA campioship Jarrett now holds is not the same linage of the NWA/WCW title, I feel that when flair "left WCW for the WWF in the early 90's he was still the WCW/NWA Champion, then WCW created the World international title while flair was gone, now once flair returned to WCW the 2 title merged into the new WCW title, now the Raw and WCW championships may not be the ame belt, but too me the lineage continues (now King I'm not disagreeing with you either I mean it can be interpreated either way its like comparing cannon in Star Trek) but the WWF/E champiosnhips also had its down moments with Egos, HBK losing his smile comes to mind, if you jump online to look up ttle history you get alot of different views, do a google searc you will see, actually the more you think about it, they are the same title, since WWE, and WCW bot broke away from NWA, and speaking of the TNA I dont think the NWA title is as Important as theX-division title, and i think speaking of titles it would of ben nice to se Rhyno Defend his ECW Championship at one night Stand.

Click For Spoiler
see thats where the fanbase and alot of webpages split, on the linage of the titles, to me the NWA and WCW titles are the same, the new NWA campioship Jarrett now holds is not the same linage of the NWA/WCW title,

Well the problem is that WCW left the National Wrestling Alliance in 1993. So at that time, the title WCW created was a "new" title. So they couldn't claim the lineage of the NWA anymore. TNA left the NWA this year, so again the title that Jeff Jarrett holds is new and not of the same NWA lineage.

I feel that when flair "left WCW for the WWF in the early 90's he was still the WCW/NWA Champion, then WCW created the World international title while flair was gone, now once flair returned to WCW the 2 title merged into the new WCW title,

I know, it was a very complicated situation. Technically Flair owned the BELT but not the title. They stripped him of the title but he kept the belt until they bought it back from him. When came back, the WCW title WAS the NWA title, until 1993 when the complete split occured.

now the Raw and WCW championships may not be the ame belt, but too me the lineage continues (now King I'm not disagreeing with you either I mean it can be interpreated either way its like comparing cannon in Star Trek)

I know what you mean. From my viewpoint, the WCW title ceased to exist as soon as Vince bought the company and killed it. I know the "WCW Heavyweight Championship" continued for a short time until Jericho unified it with the WWE Championship, but by then I no longer recognised it. When Eric Bischoff handed the Raw title to HHH he virtually created a new title. But I don't recognise that one either. The NWA title has been so devalued, I no longer recognise that one either. The only world title I regard as active is the WWE Championship held by John Cena.

it would of ben nice to se Rhyno Defend his ECW Championship at one night Stand

Wow. I never even thought of that. That would have been great!

I found this on the web describing the History of The World Championship

Click For Spoiler
WCW World Heavyweight Championship

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The World Championship Wrestling [WCW] World Heavyweight Championship (sometimes simply WCW Championship or WCW Title) was the primary championship in the World Championship Wrestling professional wrestling organization. It was created in January 1991, and the physical belt continues to be used as the World Wrestling Entertainment World Heavyweight Championship. It has been held by many successful professional wrestlers, including Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, and Sting.

History

Origin

In December 1988 Ted Turner bought Jim Crockett Promotions and renamed it World Championship Wrestling. While the promotion remained a member of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) Turner introduced his own championship two years later, the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. The new championship continued to use the NWA World Heavyweight Championship title belt. When Ric Flair won the title from Sting (Steve Borden) he was declared the first WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Because of this WCW regularly claimed the NWA Championship lineage for its own championship.

After a disagreement with WCW Executive Vice-President Jim Herd, Flair left WCW for Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Federation (now World Wrestling Entertainment). When Herd refused to return his $25,000 deposit (that was left with the NWA), Flair kept the NWA "Big Gold Belt" (which was his belt). WCW was forced to create its own belt, which it awarded to Lex Luger (Larry Pfohl) after he defeated Barry Windham.

In late 1991, WCW bought the "Big Gold Belt" from Flair for $35,000 (the cost of the NWA deposit, plus interest). Still retaining membership in the NWA, WCW allowed the NWA to defend its title on WCW television. By September 1993, WCW pulled out of the NWA and kept the "Big Gold Belt", because WCW had purchased it from Flair. The belt was named the WCW International Championship and Rick Rude became champion by defeating Flair.

Unification

At Starrcade 93, Flair won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, by defeating Vader (Leon White). WCW decided to unify the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (represented by the new belt) and International Championship (represented by the "Big Gold Belt"), by having Flair wrestle Sting in June 1994. Flair won and the International Title belt replaced the old World Heavyweight belt while the International Championship itself was dropped. Hulk Hogan entered WCW and won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (now represented by the "Big Gold Belt") from Flair. Holding the title off and on until 2000, Hogan helped WCW become the top wrestling company in the United States. However by 2000 it had suffered a succession of failures and was sold by Turner.

World Wrestling Entertainment

In March 2001, Vince McMahon bought World Championship Wrestling for $5,000,000 and tried to revive the company. After the company's failure, McMahon decided to unify the WCW and WWE World Titles. The WCW Championship was then renamed the "World Championship" after the WWF storyline which eliminated WCW as an active entity.

Chris Jericho unified the titles by pinning The Rock (World Champion) and Stone Cold Steve Austin (WWF Champion) in 2001. The belts stayed unified as the WWE Undisputed Championship until won by Brock Lesnar. When Lesnar decided to wrestle only for WWE Smackdown!, WWE RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff created a new World Championship. , at that time the WWE Undisputed Champion, refused to defend the title on RAW, causing the title to become exclusive to SmackDown!. (It has since been referred to as the WWE Championship, dropping the word "Undisputed"). The following week on RAW, General Manager Eric Bischoff awarded the World Heavyweight Title, in the form of the old WCW World Heavyweight Championship belt, to RAW's designated #1 contender, Triple H.

now thats one way to look at it, and he way I do, but King you points are also Valid, there no point trying to figure out the true history of titles, cause it gets even more confusing when you include the old terrority championships.

Edited by dragonwrangler95

This is the real WWE Championship.

Although Cena uses a title belt suited to his character, THIS is the actual design and it's the one that should be used today.

Click For Spoiler
MillicanReleather.jpg