yeah, they laimed the Title Lesner had to be undisputed but to me the only true Championship belt was the ECW championship ( it had the most realistic storylines)

god i wish I didnt know so much about wrestling titles, I bet me and king could outsmart good Old JR in a trivia Contest :newyear:. but hoestly what good is this knowledge gonna do me, unless vince hires me to wite storylines, King, Kor i think we could do a damn good job, I'm heading to Monster.com :congrats:

We would all make good writers.

Getting hired is the relatively easy part.

But as soon as we say "No Stephanie, We Disagree" we'll hear:

"YOOOOOOOUUUUU'RRRREEEEE FIRRRRRREDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!"

:congrats::newyear:

This is the real WWE Championship.

Although Cena uses a title belt suited to his character, THIS is the actual design and it's the one that should be used today.

Click For Spoiler
MillicanReleather.jpg

331142[/snapback]

Yeah i love tha belt, now i also Liked the One they had During the "Attitude" Era that The Rock and Austin made Famous, it had a Nice Design, also Austin's Smoking Skull belt wasnt as horrible looking as Cena's, it was tasteful still, but I liked when the Warrior had the belt and came to ring with the leather different colors

can you say crabs!

Ugh Im in need of an ECW fix, I might watch the DVD

Hey I have a question for everyone in the forum, what 3 Matches did you see in Person that you think was the best

for me I saw King of The Ring at the Civic Arena in 1998 and saw the Taker/Mankind Match, and it was amazing, also I went to the ECW PPV November to Remember 1997 and saw an awsome tables and Ladders match between sabu and the Sandman, I saw in a house Show Ric Flair beat hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship a descion that was Overturned due to flair using brass knuckles. those are my 3 in thae order

I've only seen the WWE live once, way back in the early 90's in Sheffield.

I was sitting so high up in the arena I couldn't really see anything. The wrestlers looked like ants.

was that the Summer Slam that Davey Boy Smith beat Bret Hart for the IC title?

Edited by dragonwrangler95

any good feds over in europe you watch regulary

I right now Envy japanese fans they got the best wrestling in the world right now and realistic gimmicks

on a side note Roland Gardner (SP) a former US heavyweight Freestyle Gold and Bronze olympic Medalist has started a "real wrestling" show here in the States, It Grecco-Roman, and since I did that in Middle and High School I actually enjoy it, its on our FSN the same ime TNA used to be on

Hmm...Here's How I Look At The Belts...

WWE Championship = SmackDown Championship (I'm Fairly Sure It's Heading Back To SmackDown)

World Heavyweight Championship = RAW Championship

And I've Seen 3 Shows...

A SmackDown House Show On June 2nd, 2002.

RAW On December 27, 2004.

SmackDown On December 28, 2004.

I Don't Remember Much From The House Show...But Triple H Was On It...And He Was Face. I Gues My Favorite Match Was The Main Event Kurt Angle VS HHH.

The Other 2 Shows...Can't Remember Much From Them Either,lol

I've split off the last 2 pages of the WWE thread to create this new one. I think with 52 pages and 1530 replies, it was time.

The Best Thread On StarTrekFans.NET B) :huh:

I just noticed that Takara lives in Chris Jericho's hometown.

Winnipeg.....Manitoba....Canada :huh: :lol:

The Best Thread On StarTrekFans.NET  B)  :huh:

I just noticed that Takara lives in Chris Jericho's hometown.

Winnipeg.....Manitoba....Canada  :huh:  :lol:

331216[/snapback]

That's right.

In my youth (boy does that make me sound old) when I lived in Calgary, I used to go to Stampede Wrestling every week and saw Bret Hart (and his brothers, although Owen turned pro around the time I left the city), Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid (my personal favourite), Jimmy Neidhart, etc., etc. My friends and I would get seats that were row 3 or 4 ringside (you could see us on tv LOL).

It doesn't make you sound old, not at all. :huh: :huh:

I had no idea you were interested in wrestling. :lol:

Yeah the Hart family have produced some superb talent over the years, and have actually trained some world class wrestlers, like Chris Benoit who bases his entire wrestling style on Dynamite Kid.

It's just sad that they've had to deal with so much tragedy in recent years.

Davey Boy Smith's son Harry will almost certainly join the WWE at some point in the future. B)

Edited by The King

It doesn't make you sound old, not at all.  :huh:  :huh:

I had no idea you were interested in wrestling.  :lol:

Yeah the Hart family have produced some superb talent over the years, and have actually trained some world class wrestlers, like Chris Benoit who bases his entire wrestling style on Dynamite Kid.

It's just sad that they've had to deal with so much tragedy in recent years.

Davey Boy Smith's son Harry will almost certainly join the WWE at some point in the future.  B)

331224[/snapback]

It's been a while. I started watching Stampede Wrestling on television when I first moved to Calgary and didn't know anyone. It was on Saturday afternoons and the announcer, Ed Whelan, was the greatest wrestling announcer. I had no plans on going until my cousin asked me to with a bunch of her friends and I was hooked.

I watched the WWE for a while after Stu Hart sold the business but around the time the WWE introduced Golddust and brought in all the scantily clad "managers" (after Sonny) I pretty much lost interest.

The Dynamite Kid was really something to behold in his Stampede Wrestling days. He wasn't as bulky as he was in the WWE. SW showcased the mid-heavyweights more than the heavyweights. It was poetry in motion in those days! It's so sad that DK has had such terrible health problems due to his years in wrestling.

The Hart family has certainly had its share of tragedies. It's one heck of a complicated family too. One of the Hart's daughters (Davey Boy's ex) is apparently not to found of Owen's widow, Martha for some reason. I think she trashed Martha in a book or something. Of course, when Davey Boy died he was on vacation with Bruce Hart's estranged wife. Talk about soap opera!!

When Owen was killed in that accident, I was glad he was playing a hero role at the time. I remember they said that people initially thought his fall was part of the show so can you imagine if he had still be in his previous villian role and the last thing he heard was the crowd booing, jeering and/or laughing at him. At least he heard the crowd cheering his name.

I understand why the "Divas" could turn a person away from wrestling. One of the major problems I have with the WWE right now is simply that they are hiring too many useless "bimbos" which I always feel turns away the female audience.

Dynamite Kid is a physical wreck right now, a consequence of steroid abuse, which I never really thought he would have needed since he was a speed and technical based wrestler and was never as powerful as Davey Boy Smith, himself a victim of steroid abuse.

The Hart family was basically shattered after Owen's death. Vince McMahon himself had a part in it because after Owen died, he tried to employ as many Hart family members as possible to protect himself against the inevitable lawsuit and divide the family, which Bret didn't take too kindly to.

I remember the death of Owen vividly, he was doing the "Blue Blazer" gimmick at the time and it was a shocking night. Probably the darkest day ever in professional wrestling.

I understand why the "Divas" could turn a person away from wrestling. One of the major problems I have with the WWE right now is simply that they are hiring too many useless "bimbos" which I always feel turns away the female audience.

Dynamite Kid is a physical wreck right now, a consequence of steroid abuse, which I never really thought he would have needed since he was a speed and technical based wrestler and was never as powerful as Davey Boy Smith, himself a victim of steroid abuse.

The Hart family was basically shattered after Owen's death. Vince McMahon himself had a part in it because after Owen died, he tried to employ as many Hart family members as possible to protect himself against the inevitable lawsuit and divide the family, which Bret didn't take too kindly to.

I remember the death of Owen vividly, he was doing the "Blue Blazer" gimmick at the time and it was a shocking night. Probably the darkest day ever in professional wrestling.

331227[/snapback]

I can remember when Davey Boy Smith started using steroids. He was a mid-heavyweight when he first started at SW. He was out of action for 6 weeks because of a "neck injury" (don't know if it was real or not) and when he came back he was bulked up like you saw in the WWE. As for the Dynamite Kid, I don't know if he did steroids when he was with SW or if he did it was not as much. He was solid when he was with SW but no where near as huge as he was in the WWE. Watching him in his prime - I can't describe how amazing he was.

McMahon has been a real *can't think of a word that won't get blocked by the board's censor* to the Harts. From Owen's death to his stabbing Bret in the back - I really dislike McMahon.

And I agree with your assessment of the night Owen died.

I agree with what you said about Dynamite Kid, he was superb in his prime. I think it's unlikely that Stu Hart would have had him on steroids since Stu was very much a technical based wrestler himself. I would say that as soon as Dynamite joined the WWE Vince encouraged him to take the steroids. Vince will ALWAYS push a "juiced up" musclehead over a small technically proficient wrestler and still does it to this very day.

McMahon has been a real *can't think of a word that won't get blocked by the board's censor* to the Harts. From Owen's death to his stabbing Bret in the back - I really dislike McMahon.

I think pretty much all of Canada dislikes Vince McMahon. The thing about Montreal is that it was completely unnecessary. Vince had somehow convinced himself that Bret was going to jump to WCW and appear on Monday Nitro with the WWE Championship, despite the fact that Bret couldn't start legally working for WCW until at least a month later. Bret could have dropped the title on WWE Monday Night RAW the next night if necessary and the screwjob at the Survivor Series need not have happened.

About The Screwjob. From The Footage I've Seen, It Looked Like Shawn Michaels Was Actually Just As Shocked As Bret Hart, By The Outcome. Anyone Know If That's True, Or Was Just BS Infront Of Hart.

Today in History

(1996) At WCW's Great American Bash, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash attacked Eric Bischoff. Nash powerbombed him off the stage.

HBk admited he knew it was gonna happen

331315[/snapback]

Thanks.

I just read where Joey Styles has signed a multi-year contract with WWE.

Has He Now? Doing What? Did It Say?

I haven't heard anything about this Joey Styles thing.

BTW- At the ECW event, during the big brawl at the end, apparently JBL decided to take advantage of the situation and hit the Blue Meanie with several vicious REAL punches which caused some severe injuries to the left side of Meanie's face.

Apparently JBL has some kind of grudge against the Blue Meanie and took a few cheap shots.

:huh: :lol: :huh:

Edited by The King

Apparently JBL has some kind of grudge against the Blue Meanie and took a few cheap shots.

JBL and Meanie have some legitimate heat going way back. Although JBL has been universally condemned for what he did, the general feeling is that there will be little if any punishment since he is a card carrying member of the Vince McMahon Kiss My *buttocks* club.

There are some pics and commentary by Meanie about all this too. His eye is really swollen. Meanie says that after JBL started punching him, he pulled Maven on top of himself and asked him to choke him just to keep JBL away.

JBL's grudge against Meanie is all over the fact that Meanie has called him a locker room bully in the past. Apparently, JBL has proved that to be true.

I haven't heard anything about this Joey Styles thing

This quote is from Pro-Wrestling.com

Apparently Joey Styles has signed a multi-year deal with WWE. He will be working on future ECW DVD's as well as the 24-7 project