Today in History

(2001) Booker T defeated Kurt Angle for the WCW World Championship.

344533[/snapback]

That show was my earliest memory of wrestling. Rock came back, beat Vince and Shane and declared loyalty to WWF. :biggrin:

Wow

welcome Fellow gWo Member haha

3 Words

We're Taking over, nice to see my followers from the stomp coming here, AD I gots to post this from the Stomp, Kor & king will Like it

http://arnoldownzhhh.ytmnd.com/

Edited by dragonwrangler95

Wow

welcome Fellow gWo Member haha

3 Words

We're Taking over, nice to see my followers from the stomp coming here,  AD I gots to post this from the Stomp, Kor & king will Like it

http://arnoldownzhhh.ytmnd.com/

344535[/snapback]

Hey Yo!

That's an awesome link LMFAO! I got it from Gatenboru.

A few quick thoughts on Smackdown:

Click For Spoiler

- Should we call him HeidenHawk now? I guess next week he will be coming out in full LOD gear. Hawk must be spinning in his grave!

- I figured the Regal/Scotty match wouldn't go far. That match belongs on Velocity, not Smackdown.

- I already hate the Boogeyman. This will be awful. This guy is another Tough Enough reject and hes already pretty old.

- When are they going to put some prestige back into the US title? I never would have thought that Orlando Jordan would hold the belt this long.

- Eddie's bedtime story did just what it was supposed to do..........it put me to sleep.......

WWE SmackDOWN thoughts

Undertaker vs. JBL - Honestly I feel asleep during this match. Boring boring boring.

Hawk/Heidenhawk - Total crap. The death of tag team wrestling in the WWE.

Mexicools/Regal/Scotty - I went to the bathroom during this match.

Boogeyman - Yawn. :biggrin:

Orlando Jordan - The death of the SmackDOWN mid-card.

What exactly was the point of moving Benoit and Christian to SmackDOWN?

Eddie vs Rey - Boring. We could see it coming a mile away. I'd much rather be watching these two guys have some blazing matches over the US Title.

I'm not even going to comment on the woman with that thing on her face.

SmackDOWN is absolutely piss poor.

If Stephanie considers this to be good writing, then she's completely insane.

It sucks, Sam.

Smackdown really sucks.

They featured a new character.

A woman who has an abnormal growth on her face.

And that's it.

That's the character.

Nothing else. :biggrin:

They featured a new character.

A woman who has an abnormal growth on her face.

And that's it.

That's the character.

I think it will also turn out that she is a Lesbian.

I think Vince needs to address the entire creative team. He can begin by saying ....."YOOOOOUUURRRREEEEE FIIIIIRRRRRREEED!!!!!" to the whole team....lol

Based on the fact that as his daughter, Stephanie will never be fired, I see no way that these creative problems in the WWE can be resolved. Unless the PPV buy-rates and ratings drop to incredibly low levels.

I read a story on the Torch the other day, which said that Stephanie is generally hiring writers from outside the wrestling business because she wants to take the WWE as far away from it's roots as possible. Quite why she wants to do this I do not know.

I DO however know that all this crap with the "Face Growth" woman and the "Viscera Humps" abortion are things that Vince and Steph consider to be great television. Which honestly bewilders me. At the heart of it, people like us and indeed the entire Internet Wrestling Community are fans of the sport of professional wrestling and NOT sports-entertainment.

The problem the WWE has right now is that the current product is neither SPORT, because the titles are worthless and the roster is forced to wrestle with a restricted style, and it's not ENTERTAINMENT because the current angles are piss poor.

I think my disillusionment is setting in again. :biggrin:

Today in History

(2000) Lance Storm becomes the first man in the history of WCW to hold 3 belts at the same time. Storm was the US, Cruiserweight and Hardcore champion.

It sure did.

First we had the "Boring Lance".

Then we had the "Janitor Lance".

Then we had the "Lance With Big Nuts"

Then finally "Dancing Lance".

Whoever wrote that **** (Steph) should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by HRH The KING

I actually thought Smackdown was better than RAW this week. RAW just felt very very dry after the first ten minutes or so. The Stretcher Match was alright, but not worth anything especially with Kane well enough to tombstone Lita and steal the ambulance.

The tag match was great. Everybody played their roles well, even that dryass OJ (why did he beat Benoit at the Bash? :biggrin: )

Hawkenreich squash served its purpose to put over the most amazingly bad tag team I've ever seen.

They're blurring out panty shots now?

The main event was blah, Taker shouldn't wrestle 20 minute matches anymore, it WAS good that they dealt with the rematch issue with this match though.

She's rancid.

MNM were a fairly crap tag team.

But to take the titles from them and hand them to one useless wrestler and one washed up wrestler is a joke.

But then again, tag team wrestling in the WWE is dead anyway.

I like the one who sent Christy for a ride a few weeks ago. I haven't bothered to learn names.

This is interesting.

As most of you know, Kane tombstoned Lita onto the steel ramp after the stretcher match. On WWE EXPERIENCE, they showed the tombstone. In fact, they actually replayed it three or four times. Also, they said that "Lita is in critical condition and we they don't know when, if ever, Lita will be back. Also, Kane has been arrested and is in jail. We don't know when he will return either." Just an interesting note.

Of course, this is all just storyline and they will likely follow things up tonight on RAW. Lita will be out awhile though.