Click For Spoiler
WWE SummerSlam Predictions:

WWE Championship.

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho.

Been a dismal feud. Not helped by that moron Carlito's involvement. Cena needs a fresh approach to his character. Jericho needs something, I don't know what. Both these guys need a kick up the *** I feel. Cena needs to work on those in-ring skills. They kill his character. He needs a more aggressive attitude and style.

Prediction: Cena retains.

John Bradshaw Layfield vs Dave Batista.

Batista is a terrible champion. I see no reason to keep that particular title on him. JBL would make a better champion. Hopefully we'll see a Brock Lesnar run-in, but I doubt it. But that's basically the only thing that could make me care about this match.

Prediction: Batista retains.

WWE United States Championship.

Orlando Jordan vs Chris Benoit.

Simply put, Benoit must win this title. If he does, then I'll recognise it. Orlando Jordan is a piss poor champion and hopefully Benoit will get the win on the big stage he deserves. If he doesn't I will be flabbergasted.

Prediction: Benoit wins by submission.

Eugene vs Kurt Angle

I expect this to be a comic match. But I think the idea of Eugene with those gold medals was funny for about two seconds. Not because of Nick Dinsmore who I actually like, but because he's not allowed to wrestle properly which kills his gimmick.

Prediction: Angle wins by submission.

The Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Normally I would hope the Undertaker does the right thing and puts someone over, but Orton's behaviour in recent months and his unprofessionalism simply require me to hope he gets a vicious beating. The switch to Smackdown did his career no favours, like Christian. It will be a decent match though, assuming the Undertaker actually sells something.

Prediction: Undertaker wins.

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio

I will ignore the ludicrous storyline for this match and simply treat it as a straight ladder match between two superb wrestlers. Unfortunately I'm sure they'll have little Dominic watching so that means the violence level will be muted. Shame.

Prediction: Rey wins.

Matt Hardy vs Edge

Tough one to call. The feud has fizzled. Once the match is over, Hardy will be fired, so I think they'll let Edge win.

Prediction: Edge wins

Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels.

If it was the 1989 version of Hogan vs the 1996 version of HBK this match would be killer. But Hogan is past it now. Washed up in terms of in-ring ability. HBK will be awesome as always but he will have to bring all his talent to carry Hogan through this match.

Prediction: HBK wins

Hey I just got back for Vacation in FL, was I missed, well if anyone gets the SS results post them

Later My Peeps

Click For Spoiler
I'll post a more detailed review tomorrow, but for the most part it was an excellent show. Encouraging. I just hope the WWE realise how much work needs to be done.

The basic results:

John Cena defeated Chris Jericho by pinfall.

Dave Batista defeated John Bradshaw Layfield by pinfall.

Chris Benoit defeated Orlando Jordan by submission.

Kurt Angle defeated Eugene by submission.

Randy Orton defeated The Undertaker by pinfall.

Rey Mysterio defeated Eddie Guerrero.

Edge defeated Matt Hardy due to a blood loss stoppage.

Hulk Hogan defeated Shawn Michaels by pinfall.

My favorite bit was this.

The Match:

They locked up and Benoit backed Jordan to the corner but Jordan got a cheapshot in and then Benoit unloaded with a German suplex and then locked in the crossface in the middle of the ring and this is over already!

Winner, and new United States Champion, Chris Benoit

Click For Spoiler
WWE SummerSlam Results and Review

WWE Championship.

John Cena defeated Chris Jericho by pinfall.

Very good match. Helped by the incredibly hot crowd who were divided between the two guys. I love it the crowd splits like that and half cheer for one guy, while half cheer for the other. I still believe Cena needs to work on those in-ring skills and needs a more aggressive attitude and style, but his performance was very good. I liked the ending to this match and I think they delivered a solid match. I hope Jericho doesn't spend too much time away from the WWE because his music career won't last long without the WWE.

WWE Heavyweight Championship

Dave Batista defeated John Bradshaw Layfield by pinfall.

Another pretty good match. JBL at least got himself in decent shape for this one. I'm still not convinced by Batista though, but booking him in ten minute matches is a good idea because he can't survive a longer match. A good brawl. Nice spot with the collapsing barricade and a good finish with the steps. Enjoyable for what it was worth.

WWE United States Championship.

Chris Benoit defeated Orlando Jordan by pinfall.

Very surprised that this match only lasted 24 seconds, but the result was correct. Benoit will bring some dignity back to this title which has a good history in WCW. Orlando Jordan was a terrible champion. He should go back to playing the stooge to JBL.

Kurt Angle defeated Eugene by pinfall

It became obvious that the fans are starting to turn on the "Eugene" character. Honestly I don't think it's going to last much longer. They were clearly supporting Angle in this match and rightly so because he's awesome. I think Christy Hemme would make a better cheerleader for Kurt. It would at least give her something interesting to do. She looked bored during this match.

Randy Orton defeated The Undertaker by pinfall.

Another decent match. Undertaker did the decent thing by putting over Orton, who will almost certainly move on to a feud with Batista. Nice appearance from the Cowboy, Bob Orton too, to help his son by distracting the Taker. Not sure what's next for the Undertaker, perhaps a feud with Eddie Guerrero? Taker needs to ditch the DeadMan gimmick now and go back to the Biker gimmick for that feud.

Rey Mysterio defeated Eddie Guerrero

Excellent match. A great way to end the feud between these two. I haven't been a big fan of this custody angle, although that kid is a superb actor. The spot with Eddie's wife pushing him off the ladder was hilarious and both wrestlers performed brilliantly. Superb match.

Edge defeated Matt Hardy by stoppage due to blood loss.

Although the crowd felt cheated, I think this was the right way to end this match. It sets up a rematch at Unforgiven for Matt to get his win and allows him to save face to pester Edge until then. Edge's WWE title push can wait until then. I seriously think Matt should be retained by the WWE because he can be a solid midcarder. Decent brawl.

Hulk Hogan defeated Shawn Michaels by pinfall.

Another good match. HBK carried Hogan to a solid main event. Can't say I like HBK's ring-attire though. Looked ugly and uncool. But it was an excellent brawl and a nice touch at the end with the handshake. I'd like to see a HBK/Angle feud again because those two have got definate chemistry.

HRH

I think Dominic is a crappy actor, at least from what I've seen on Smackdown. He has like one facial expression.

I heard Christy signed a new three year deal. Oh boy.

I think Dominic is a crappy actor, at least from what I've seen on Smackdown. He has like one facial expression.

Well, let's not forget that he's eight-years old, and has been brought in for his first ever wrestling angle in front of thousands of people in the arena and millions watching on television.

I read the Results that was a good PPV, too bad I was so tired from a 16 hour drive to stay up and watch it

Today in History

(1999) Mick Foley defeats Steve Austin & Triple H in a Triple Threat Match to become WWF Champion at SummerSlam '99. Jesse "The Body" Ventura was the special guest referee in the match.

Fans on RAW were treated to the "surprise" announcement that Candice Michelle and Torrie Wilson were traded from SmackDown. WWE did not, however, make an on-air announcement concerning who was sent to the Thursday night show.

Nonetheless, WWE.com did make such an announcement. Moving to SmackDown! will be Stacy Keibler and Christy Hemme.

Today in History

(1999) Triple H defeats Mick Foley for his first WWF World Title one night after SummerSlam.

Click For Spoiler
WWE Monday Night RAW Review

For the most part, a solid show.

Nice opener with HBK who showed Chris Masters and all the other useless muscleheads from The Valley how it's done. I think it's a waste to place these two in a feud because Masters is frickin clueless. Masters is correct in one instance though, HBK needs to cut his hair.

Absolutely stunning match between Shelton Benjamin (who is a star if they push him) and Kurt Angle. A wrestling clinic. I would have preferred that those three morons announcing would actually CALL THE FRICKIN' MATCH instead of babbling on with small talk. Shelton executed an incredible move on the ropes and not one of them called it or put him over. He didn't even get a replay. Jonathan Coachman is piss poor. Lawler and Ross are well past it now and should be replaced.

This match really should have been on a PPV and a feud between the two, but clueless booking put an end to that.

The "Kerwin White" character is a disgrace and Stephanie McMahon should be ashamed of herself for creating it. She thinks she is making some kind of insightful social commentary but the WWE couldn't write social commentary to save their lives. Stephanie McMahon is a cretin. Her September 11th comments a few years back proved that.

I am sick and tired of Gene S*itsky. How this guy remains employed is beyond my understanding. I like Maria though. She's cute in a dumb way.

The idea of Edge tormenting Matt and costing him matches makes sense, but to job him out to "Gay George Michael Impersonator" is BS. Conway's gimmick is bizarre and makes no sense whatsoever. Logic would say that some kind of "Fashion Model" gimmick would have suited Conway better.

Great segment with Flair and Carlito. CCC makes a far superior interviewer than he does as a wrestler.

S*itsky vs Big Fat was a waste of time. Both these guys are pathetic and beyond contempt.

Lance Cade and Murdoch is piss poor. The "Cowboy and Deliverance Redneck" gimmick is long dead. Another bewildering decision from Stephanie McMahon.

The Diva trade made no sense since the WWE said the deadline passed ages ago. It was so predictable that the new Diva would get attacked. BTW- I have absolutely no idea who the **** that Diva in the black outfit was.

The Cena vs Jericho match was good. I think Jericho is making a mistake taking a break from the WWE to pursue a singing career because he can't sing. But it might give him a chance to come back with a fresh character approach. The Kurt Angle bit at the end was good and set up a potentially strong feud which will draw.

Overall, a decent episode of Monday Night RAW.

HRH.

I love the fact that there was a trade. It makes it so nobody is safe at any time, and that's cool with me! I'd love to get a blockbuster trade every few months.

I dont want to see trades, the whole of the brand split is too have a competition similar to the Monday Night wars, even if its a false one, I liked it when the split 1st happened and the brands fought each other

Any of you playas showin your stuff on WWE Fantasy? I'm ranked 49825th! WOOOOOO!

I don't recommend you sign up now, it's just three weeks until a new 14 week season starts up.

ProWrestling.com Article

What Do Hardy & Lita Think Of Their RAW Storyline?

Date Added: August 24, 2005

Story By: Ben Johnson

Source: PWTorch.com

Matt Hardy is said to be growing increasingly frustrated with his utilization on WWE RAW. Upon re-signing with the company, Hardy told friends that he felt McMahon believed in him and planned to give him the best possible push. Whether Hardy misunderstood McMahon, or the WWE Chairman simply misrepresented his intentions, Hardy has clearly not been pushed as anything more than an average midcarder. Even if the storyline with Edge is set to eventually fall in Matt's favor, WWE has indicated that Edge, not Hardy, is its priority.

B) B) B)

What an idiot Matt Hardy is!

I just got around to watching SummerSlam. Pretty good PPV. I liked the fact that Orlando Jordan got the respect he deserved by being beaten in record time. At last we now have a worthy US Champ.

I didn't like the fact that Batista won. JBL was a much better champ. I was kind of surprised because McMahon isn't that high on Batista at all and doesn't consider him to be top tier talent.

The Eddie/Rey match was excellent as always. Perhaps Eddie should wrestle his wife next?.....lol.

Oh god tey are doing ECW on TNN angles on Smackdown, watch it or read the spoilers to understand what I mean

Today in History

(2002) Brock Lesnar defeats The Rock to become the youngest WWE Champion (at the time before Orton) at SummerSlam '02.

Not a bad edition of Smackdown, I must say. The Booker/Christian vs. SuperCrazy/Psicosis match should've been given more time though.

ProWrestling.com Article

Breaking News: Chris Jericho Announces WWE Departure

Date Added: August 26, 2005

Story By: Ryan Clark

From Jericho's official website:

"I eventually had my first match on Oct 2, 1990 in Ponoka, Alberta….and on August 22, 2005 in Hampton, Virginia, I had my last match. For now. Yes it’s true. After months of speculation and rumors and numerous decoys and red herrings being thrown about, the official news from the boss man (me) is that I am leaving the WWE." Jericho noted that after wrestling for 15 years, he was mentally burnt out and that he is a "goal oriented person who thrives on a challenge and I’m not challenged by wrestling at this point in time," noting that he has accomplished everything he ever wanted to do in the business.

This is a real shame......

Today in History

(1999) Raven returns to ECW helping Tommy Dreamer defeat The Dudley Boyz for the ECW World Tag Team Titles. This was also The Dudley Boyz last match in ECW before joining the then-WWF.

Click For Spoiler
Good Ole' JR ("BAH GAWD KEEEENG") has decided to bring back his "Ross Report" every Friday on WWE.com.

It's the usual mix of absurd statements, shilling about the frickin Oklahoma Sooners and Ross' obsession with college sports.

So I've decided to dissect it.

I have high hopes that the tag team of Cade and Murdoch will do well once they get rolling on RAW. There is a good deal of potential there between the two young men, and man is the door wide open in the tag team division on RAW and SmackDown! for that matter.

Yes, a cowboy gimmick and an drooling Deliverance-esque character are a surefire way of getting over. Ross talks about the door being open in the tag team divisions. I say what frickin' tag team division??? There are many talents in the wrestling world with "potential". Unfortunately, not even potential can survive a gimmick so absurd it has the "potential" to kill a career.

Can you believe that the Big Show legitimately wears a size 23 ring? And his wrist measures 11 inches around?

Yes we know. The Big Show is really fat. Thanks for telling us.

Athletically speaking, Shelton has every tool he needs in his tool box to be a big timer. Shelton, in my opinion, is lacking in the verbal area and when he gets more comfortable speaking, his star will shine brighter. This comes with repetition and experience. Shelton has a great personality and is fun to talk to backstage. He just needs to be able to express himself verbally in front of the camera as well as he does behind the camera.

And the best way to gain those priceless verbal skills is by being jobbed out to Chris Masters and Gene Snitsky. B)

Edited by HRH The KING