I think it's obscene.

The WWE know fully well that they hold a virtual monopoly over U.S. wrestling, and if they fire people and prevent them from earning a living using their well-known names, their options for successful employment are limited.

It would be seen as a goodwill gesture to give the rights to the trademarked characters and names over to their performers exclusively. But it's a sign of WWE's increasing unprofessionalism and decency when it comes to the treatment of talent.

Firing Test while he was injured and releasing Dawn Marie while she was pregnant come to mind.

Word has it that HHH spent this summer learning the internal workings of the WWE on the business side, including a full tour of WWE headquarters.

Which unsettles me. :( :(

I wonder where Shane McMahon fits into Vince's plans for an eventual sucessor? It seems now that when he goes, the company will be run by Stephanie and HHH.

I think Shane would run it better then those 2, he seems to have a go Knowlegde of Wrestling industry and how not to kill it

Today in History

(1995) WCW Nitro wins the first ever head to head meeting against RAW. Nitro scores a 2.5 rating while Raw scores a 2.2

whoever runs it needs to run it full time. if hhh does, he needs to stop wrestling so he can give 100% of his time to the product. but i dont see hhh running the show. vince will be at the top till he dies and shane would eventually take over. GO STEELERS!!!

To be honest, I'm not confident for the WWE's future once Vince dies.

As much as fans criticise him, he IS a genius and the greatest wrestling promoter of all time.

Shane McMahon has a tendency to book himself at the expense of others. He practically buried Kane with his tiresome "Rock Hard Boss' Fat Son" gimmick.

Stephanie McMahon books herself over everyone else and her writing is piss poor.

HHH, everyone knows about him. Fine in moderation, but overbearing with his burial of others and his monopoly of the main titles, which he simply doesn't need anymore.

The business side of the WWE will be fine. But the creative side is more problematic.

I think the copyright ran out on those names, and they arte able to use them, either that or they have the names Registered themslves

its possible that raven rhyno and sabu bought their names. course wasnt raven fired after wcw was bought? or am i imagining things again? if thats the case the wwf may have agreed to let them keep their names if they left. maybe they should be jim hellwig and legally change their name to their gimmick

I just don't think The Rock will ever come back to WWE.  :rolleyes:

351730[/snapback]

I think that if The Rock doesn't have a hit movie soon, we will see him back. His last 3-4 movies were flops.

The Rock is probably wealthy enough now that he'd never need to come back to the WWE even if his movie career ended.

If I were him, I would never come back.

Although I do prefer to see him in the WWE than I do in movies.

Not necessarily because I don't like his acting, but rather I just don't like movies in general these days, with a few exceptions.

How annoying is it that whenever Tazz gets excited he goes.....

"Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow" before every other sentence?

He calls it a "rocket busta" because I have it on good authority that Tazz was the former head of mission operations for the Apollo space program with extensive experience designing the Saturn V rocket.

I thought RAW was the best it's been in abouta month tonight, Cade and Murdoch are slowly revitalizing tag wrestlin in WWE, I just hope they aren't rewarded with gold too soon.

Bret Hart was back at WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.

In a second-floor office, Hart sat quietly in front of a small television monitor, taking notes on a yellow legal pad while sifting through tons of old WWE footage for the soon-to-be released DVD chronicling Hart’s career.

“So far it’s going really well,” Hart said. “I have a good team of guys working with me getting all the best clips together. The next two days will be real tight as we try and get everything right.”

Hart also appreciates the buzz his name still generates. His meeting with Vince McMahon earlier this month triggered an incredible reaction from wrestling fans.

“I appreciate that nobody has forgotten me,” Hart said. “The whole reason for the DVD is so they don’t forget and have something to remember me by.” 

Hart also made it clear that the DVD will not only serve as a testament to his legendary career, but indirectly pay homage to many of the late WWE Superstars he was able to work with during his time at the company.

“I hope this DVD will do justice to some of great guys I worked with and had matches with,” Hart said. “I have lot of great memories with a lot of different people, some of which aren’t around anymore. This is my way of (remembering) the guys that died and show that they’re still a part of my story.”

i just got this from a friend..its a few weeks old but one thing i would love to see is bret hart back in the WWE :rolleyes: