HTM couldn't wrestle to save his life.

But he did have a very good heel character and was a riot on the mike.

His long IC reign certainly made the title feel more valuable though.

and he let's everyone know he is the Greates IC champ of all Time, I think we should make it the Best IC Champ who was not WWE Champ in our little Debate, I might have to go with and I hate to say it, Double J, Jeff Jarrett, he was a great WWE heel IC Champ

If you judge it on the following criteria:

1- Superb character.

2- Ability to draw.

3- Crowd reactions.

4- Length of reign.

5- Charisma or strength of gimmick.

6- Value to the title.

Then yes, The Honky Tonk Man was the best Intercontinental Champion ever.

I am intrested in the part Dusty Rhodes will play after sighing a new contract :lol:

P.s best ICC in my book was Texas Tornado (may he rest in peace)...but who am i??..lol

images8st.jpg

Edited by hangon

I am intrested in the part Dusty Rhodes will play after sighing a new contract

Dusty Rhodes has been hired to be part of the Smackdown creative team. This means that he'll be working with Stephanie McMahon in writing storylines. this also means that he will probably either quit or be fired within about 2 months..... :lol:

Dusty Rhodes has been hired to be part of the Smackdown creative team.

Aha i see....so i guess that will mean the end of Smackdown :lol: :frusty:

Dusty Rhodes bleeds more than any other human being known to exist.

Do you know that when he joined the WWE back in the late 80's, it was actually Rhodes himself who wanted to wear polka dots?

Why he wanted this, no one knows. :lol:

Today in History

(1991) Two years before winning the first official WWF King of the Ring tournament, Bret "Hitman" Hart eliminates I.R.S. to win the 1991 KOTR tournament.

Isn't it great that Ric Flair is going to be the ONE TIME ONE TIME ONE TIME ICC Champ........... :lol:

I can See him Winnning it at the PPV, only to drop back to CCC on the following Raw cause we need the RVD/CCC Feud to elevate both of them like the HHH?Rock feud over the IC title did for them

he was hanging out with RVD back then I bet King

Yeah.....The Dream was definately smokin' something :lol:

The solution to this IC problem is obvious. WWE SmackDOWN is going to end on UPN soon enough. The show should be scrapped and it makes no sense to broadcast it on USA Network when WWE Monday Night RAW is already the flagship show.

Unify the rosters. Ditch the US and World Heavyweight titles and one of the tag team championships and merge the rosters again.

This is what I suggest:

1- ONE roster. ONE world title. ONE mid-card title. ONE tag team title. ONE CW title.

2- Hire some new fresh talent. Book them properly. Ditch the dead weight.

3- Scale back the number of PPV's.

Have the Royal Rumble in January, Wrestlemania in March/April. King Of The Ring in June. Summerslam in August. Survivor Series in November, and that's it for PPV's.

Instead of having the brand specific PPV's, come to a deal with NBC for a new series of WWE Saturday Nights Main Event. Two hours of WWE action on late night network TV. The WWE accesses the kind of demographic that all networks value so the network and the WWE will make a killing with commercials. Also placing the WWE on network will bring them far greater exposure to a wider audience than they would have with those half-assed PPV's.

The matches on SNME would simply feature matches between non-feuding wrestlers which could test the waters for possible future feuds.

WWE Saturday Nights Main Event on NBC would be broadcast in February, May, July, September, October and December. Just once a month.

Add all that to the international tours and it's enough.

In wrestling, LESS is MORE.

Edited by HRH The KING

Today in History

(1991) Ric Flair is stripped of recognition as the official NWA World Champion after being fired from WCW in 1991.

I remember the 1st time Heenan showed the Belt on TV and said Hogan blah blah blah could not stand up to the Real World Champion and showed the World title on TV and Went Whoooooo, I was like Holy Crap, cause I was a Flair fan, anyway I remember when Flair had that title in the WWE, and they "Blocked " it out during the SS, where Flair helped Taker win, the WF put their Logo on the belt for a whole, you could see it

I nearly choked on my drink when Heenan said the words "Ric Flair" and held that belt.

Yes, I remember when they blacked out the belt. It looked like an old Tag Team belt or something.

Flair's first WWE run was superb.

I remember that.

It was ridiculous.

The Vince Russo Era was completely absurd.

It destroyed a once proud company and ended the Monday Night War when it could have gone on and on and on and on.

Russo is a moron. :(

The wrestlers at Ring of Honor are 90% TNA wrestlers.

I'd watch it just to see Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson announce again!