ok guys..new question. if you could go back in time and choose one wrestler to bring to wcw to save it from dying, who would it be and why? this is when the nwo and russo were killing it off at the end. any wrestler, past or present.

i think hhh could have saved some of it, if there wasnt any backstage politics with hogan and nash and russo. hhh has good ring ethics and makes either a good heel or face, but a better heel. i know he has pull now, but when dx was there, he was awesome and had no pull.

WCW in the final days didn't need new wrestlers, because their roster was still pretty impressive, but rather they needed the following:

1- Budget controls. They were wasting millions on inflated contracts and paying people like KISS and Master P who all bombed completely. This is the main reason why Time Warner had enough and wanted to get rid of the company following the merger with AOL. Jamie Kellner (Time Warner suit) hated wrestling. WCW could not survive without a regular TV slot and rather than selling WCW to Eric Bischoff's consortium he cancelled all WCW programming which made the company worthless. Time Warner actually cost themselves millions of dollars. Providing Bischoff with the Monday night timeslot would have made the company more valuable. Cancelling Nitro allowed McMahon to come in and buy the company for virtually nothing.

2- Proper booking. Ferrerra and Russo were totally out of control. They needed a Vince McMahon figure to restrain their crazier ideas.

Hypothetically, The Rock would have made a good addition to WCW.

But the behind the scenes stuff can never be ignored.

Nothing in the ring could have saved WCW because the cause of its downfall was behind the scenes.

I don't think one single wrestler could of saved it, but a few aditions like when the nWo was on its hayday and WWF wretlers were joining up, something like that needed to be done

I'm just not convinced about Carlito.

His mike work is very good, but his in-ring ability is suspect.

He has done nothing to increase the prestige of the IC Championship IMO.

King thats the Writers and Bookers fault, not Carlitos

I think WWE is Cena, I'm not a big fan, but the Audience is hot for him, I think a Feud of Carlito and Cena as the top sas, like Rock and Austin would really help them out

TNA X-Pac...nah J/K, AJ Styles

Today in History

(2002) In order to rival the Billy & Chuck wedding on SmackDown, Eric Bischoff introduces HLA (Hot Lesbian Action) to the RAW audience.

Writers and bookers in the WWE, as bad as they are, have at least given him a high-profile segment on the flagship show.

But his abilities are his own problem. I just don't see what the IC title would stand to gain from him as champ.

Did anybody watch Smackdown Last night it was a good show, I enjoyed the Bull-Rope Match, a Match I havent seen in a long time, Smackdown this week was better then Raw, I watched cause Pitt got Beat by a Stinky team ranked 101 in the NCAA, I'm Embarrassed by that

Today in History

(1991) Ric Flair wrestles his first ever bout in the World Wrestling Federation after being fired from WCW.

WWE's attempt to control former wrestlers does not appear to be over. The company recently informed both Justin Credible (Peter Polaco) and Billy Kidman (Pete Gruner) that they can no longer use their popular wrestling names on the independent circuit. WWE has also asked the webmaster of Spike Dudley's website to remove photos from his tenure with the company.

And, it doesn't stop with wrestlers. WWE's legal department has turned its attention to Hardcore Homecoming, citing infringement of trademarks and intellectual property. WWE has asked the venues hosting the events for background information on the shows; the company also contacted the distributor of the first Hardcore Homecoming DVD under the similar notion of a breach.

How ridiculous is this? The WWE has gone way too far in preventing these guys from earning a living.

Which is precisely why when TNA on Spike begins, I am going to make certain that everyone knows when and where it is broadcast. I'm going to promote it myself. :(

The WWE is a disgrace regarding these ECW trademark names.

But it's also a chance for the wrestlers affected to create some new fresh characters.

wwe owns the rights to those names. they all signed contracts stating that i'm sure. any business would do the same thing. it happens all the time. wwe has the right to block those names from being used elsewhere, like it or not.

I caught the first half to Smackdown from teh website, it was like a blue-tinged Velocity! I'm quickly becoming a Ken Kennedy mark though.

WCW did the same thing with the trademark names back in the day, which is why Sid Viscious went to Sid Justice in his Jump