Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

post-1043-1133344970.jpg

TrekkieCara showed me how to post pics in here so here is one of me and Mr.Psychic. I'm the guy in the Roadrunner shirt. Excuse my ridiculous haircut. I went to a new barber that day and he obviously thought I wanted to look like Moe Howard......... :P

Moe was the cute one, right? :laugh:

post-1043-1133344970.jpg

TrekkieCara showed me how to post pics in here so here is one of me and Mr.Psychic. I'm the guy in the Roadrunner shirt. Excuse my ridiculous haircut. I went to a new barber that day and he obviously thought I wanted to look like Moe Howard......... :)

Moe was the cute one, right? :P

That is EXACTLY right,MB.......... :laugh:

Hey kor, How ya been? Been awhile since ya updated...come on! I wanna hear some zany adventures of your life as an entra....whatever it's called. What are your plans for Xmas.....any eggnog in the picture?tehe. Oh, and what kinda car is that on your thingie...my guess is either a late 60s, early 70s red car with a black stripe....I hope I"m right!

Lexi

Hey kor, How ya been? Been awhile since ya updated...come on! I wanna hear some zany adventures of your life as an entra....whatever it's called. What are your plans for Xmas.....any eggnog in the picture?tehe. Oh, and what kinda car is that on your thingie...my guess is either a late 60s, early 70s red car with a black stripe....I hope I"m right!

Lexi

You are pretty close, Lexi. The car is a 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner. The color is Hemi Orange. Its got a 440 6-pack motor and its my pride and joy! I'm currently having the paint redone. It should be ready to roll by Spring. I'll post a pic of it then. It will look a bit different.

Life has been hell the last few days. We had a snowstorm on Friday night and one of my drivers hit a guardrail. He wrecked his van and fractured his kneecap. 2 hours later, the wife of one of my other driver's decided that it was a perfect time to go into labor! What nerve!.... :blink:

So since I was 2 drivers short, I had to work my butt off. i went to work at 2:00 am this morning and didn't get home til 4:00 pm.

The worst part is I had bought tickets to see Manheim Steamroller last night. It was to be a holiday treat for my mother,mother-in-law and my wife. I got front row center VIP tickets where you actually sit at a table and get served wine and cheese all night. So after setting all of this up, I'm the only one who couldn't go because of the shortage at work.... :dontgetit: ....I ended giving my ticket to one of my neices. Of course today they were all raving about what a great time they had...................

Aww that sucks kor. Hey, I was gonna guess that it was a Roadrunner, but I wasn't sure, so I didn't want ot look like an idiot and be wrong, so I chose to be vague. Man Kor, if I was in Maryland, I would totally drive a truck for you...non-stop...actually, I would have galdly taken that ticket off your hands....But hey, if i'm ever in your area, i'll come drive for ya. Hope your week gets better!

I am so furious today! :blink:

My car is all ready to paint except for a rear valance panel that I have been waiting for forever. I ordered it from a Mopar parts yard in Alabama over a month ago. I kept calling them about it and all they told me was that it was going throught their "inspection process" and then it would be sent. I kept telling them that essentially, they are a junkyard. Just take the piece off the car, box it up and send it to me. Thats all I ask. I never asked for them to do any work on it. They are a junkyard and the piece is off of a 34 year old car. I expect the piece to have some dings and dents on it! Finally last week, I got a hold of someone who told me that he had located the part in the body and fender building and that as yet, nothing had been done to it. It had been sitting there for almost a month and they had done nothing!!!!! :yawn:

I told him.."No Problem. Just box it up and send it to me as is" . He agreed to do so. Finally on Friday, the piece arrived. I took it up to the guy doing my car and we opened the box only to find...........IT WAS THE WRONG PIECE!!!!!!! :o B) :mad1::dontgetit: It looked like it came off a Challenger or a Cuda. It definitely wasn't from a Roadrunner!

I am virtually salivating waiting for this place to open today so that I can unload on them for all the c.rap that they have put me through!

I know how you feel. Cars are a pain in the butt! And that is why somedays I just want to go by horse riding. lol!

After thoroughly chewing out the parts yard in Alabama, I finally got the correct piece for my car sent to me. Now work on the car can finally be finished.

Work has been getting a little better. I hired another new driver last week and she did good on her first day. Just 1 more spot to fill and I may actually be able to take a day off. I've been working 7 days a week for over 3 months now!

Mr.Psychic has agreed to count customers for me at a Cartridge World store in Lancaster,Pa. Since he lives close to there, it works out good for both of us. I get the info I want and he gets paid... B)

I'm looking at buying a Cartridge World franchise. I got the franchise info from them and it sounds pretty attractive.

My wife is frantically working to get ready for Christmas. Its at our house this year and 36 people are expected to come... :blink: One good thing is that all of my sisters are coming this year. They are scattered all over the country so its rare when we are all together in the same place at the same time. My parents are really looking forward to that. They are getting pretty old and this will likely be the last time that all of their kids will be here at the same time so it will be a special treat for them. My youngest sister, Loretta, will fly in this Sunday, followed on Tuesday by my middle sister, Erika. My oldest sister, Heidi, will fly in on thursday. Lots of trips to the airport this week for me!

I just love that pic of your car as I love the oldies but goodies when it comes to cars.....Merry Christmas and good luck with the back and forth trips to the airport. Hope the family gathering goes well for you, as my family has shrunk to a mere handful. It use to be the biggest event of the year, but with the passing of my parents it has come down to just afew.

After thoroughly chewing out the parts yard in Alabama, I finally got the correct piece for my car sent to me. Now work on the car can finally be finished.

Work has been getting a little better. I hired another new driver last week and she did good on her first day. Just 1 more spot to fill and I may actually be able to take a day off. I've been working 7 days a week for over 3 months now!

Mr.Psychic has agreed to count customers for me at a Cartridge World store in Lancaster,Pa. Since he lives close to there, it works out good for both of us. I get the info I want and he gets paid... :assimilated:

I'm looking at buying a Cartridge World franchise. I got the franchise info from them and it sounds pretty attractive.

My wife is frantically working to get ready for Christmas. Its at our house this year and 36 people are expected to come... :wow: One good thing is that all of my sisters are coming this year. They are scattered all over the country so its rare when we are all together in the same place at the same time. My parents are really looking forward to that. They are getting pretty old and this will likely be the last time that all of their kids will be here at the same time so it will be a special treat for them. My youngest sister, Loretta, will fly in this Sunday, followed on Tuesday by my middle sister, Erika. My oldest sister, Heidi, will fly in on thursday. Lots of trips to the airport this week for me!

Glad to hear your holiday will be fllled with lots of family and hopefully good memories.

Hopefully, these family members also like to drink with their dinner!! B)

Hopefully, these family members also like to drink with their dinner!!

Oh yes! The no wine rule only applies when we go to my "born-again" brother-in-law's house!.. :assimilated:

I hate the holidays, there is jsut too much panic and sometimes I wish i didnt have to work as much as i have too. It would be nice to have all the money that i want and not have to work at all lol.

Well, its Christmas. I just got in from work. (Yes, I work on Christmas). I gave all of my drivers a $20 gas card. Just a small token of my appreciation for all that they do.

My wife and son are still asleep so I took the time to write out all of the payroll checks. Payday for my crew is on Mondays. Even though today is Christmas, I imagine they still expect a paycheck tomorrow..lol.

As soon as my family wakes up, the fun will begin. Afterwards, we have to prepare for the home invasion that will take place later today when 37 friends and relatives will be congregating at my house for dinner and gift exchanging. I have to check and make sure that I have plenty of Advil ready. I think I'll need it!

Anyway, I hope that all of you here have a great Christmas!

Thank you , Matthew! I hope yours is nice as well.

Well, the invasion of my house is in full force. I've retreated to the computer room which is now filling up with kids that want to watch Madgascar. So since this room is no safe haven, I'm going to try for the bedroom. I've had about 8 glasses of wine so far and I'm starting to feel the effects! Time for a strategic retreat!.......I will report back later if I survive the day!

Log update:

My forces have retaken the computer room (mainly because Madagaskar has ended). The door has been barricaded and we are struggling to survive the barrage of people that have invaded my house. The good news is that the wine supply appears to be holding out! If anyone has seen the TOS episode "The Mark Of Gideon" then thats what my house looks like right now. If the computer room is overrun again, I will try to make my way into the basement where the refrigerator with the beer is! Kor.........Out!

Well, we survived the Christmas Day invasion and all is quiet today. I just sat around all day relaxing and recovering. I didn't feel like doing any work so I blew it off til tomorrow.

Now we have to gear up for New Years. Its our turn to have the New Year's party this year!

My wife got sick yesterday and was throwing up a lot. So naturally today I got sick. I still went to work, though, just to set an example. I didn't stay long though. Just long enough to show my drivers that the boss comes to work when he is sick...lol.

When I got home, I took a 3 hour nap and took some Advil Cold & Flu medicine.

About 10 am, I got up because I promised my son and nephew that I would take them to see this huge Christmas train garden at a Firehouse. We go every year. Its really great.

When I got home from that, I just layed on the couch for another 3 hours. Felt better after that. I'm almost back to normal.

So, all in all, a pretty boring day.....

Since I didn't talk to you before, here's what I worked yesterday.

1:30 to 2:30- 4 people

2:30 to 3:30- 1 person

3:30 to 4:30- 0! no people at all!

Its the calm before the storm here. People will begin arriving for our New Year's party in about 30 minutes.

The booze is properly chilled. I have the beer in my huge R2D2 cooler that I bought from a 7-11. The wine coolers and sodas are in other coolers.

My wife has done a fantastic job with the food as usual.

The worst part of tonight is that when everyone leaves I have to go to work......... B)

So I gotta keep from drinking too much.

Anyway, I hope everyone here has a fantastic New Year!

I have only one thing to say.............OH GOD!.....MY HEAD HURTS.....MAKE IT STOP!!!!! B)

Be nice Alterego or I'll have to get VGB to give a time out! And Kor... since you have most likely had all the wine, do you want any cheese?