Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

Thanks Joe! I'll give it a try.

Pretty slow Memorial Day for us yesterday. We normally have a huge cookout and invite all of our friends but since we are having a graduation party for our son this weekend, we didn't do the cookout this year.

Instead, we went to the park and did some kayaking for awhile, then went home and ate some steamed crabs.

My sister flew into town the other day to stay with us for about 2 weeks. She lives in Vancouver, Washington. We don't get to see her much because of the distance so its real nice when she comes to town. The first thing she wanted to do is to see "Revenge Of The Sith". My son and I took her. So now we've seen this movie 3 times...lol.

I'm finally fully staffed again! All of my people that had surgeries came back this week. Thats a big load off my mind.

I'm still trying to get some info on when my car will be done. Something tells me I won't be driving it this summer.

I'm still trying to find a neat place to go on vacation. Right now Grand Canyon/Arizona trip is on the top of the list. We've done this trip before but our friends that go with us haven't. I guess I wouldn't mind doing it again.

One of my drivers got drunk last night and didn't make it to work. Always fun when THAT happens.

I found someone on the web that was selling a set of quarter panel patch panels for my car. These things haven't been made for years so I'm going to drive up to Philadelphia today and get them. This should really speed up the work on my car!

Busy day yesterday. I worked in the morning than dropped off the quarter panels for my car to the painter. Then it was time to PARTY!

We had a great graduation party for our son Eric yesterday. We rented a hall at a restaurant. We also hired a DJ. It was great. We had about 75 people show up. I got pretty plastered and sang "Eighteen" by Alice Cooper on the Kareoke...lol.

I am partied out! The final graduation party in what seemed like an endless stream was last Sunday.

My wife and son are flying up to Maine this weekend to attend his college orientation. I would go but I have too many people on vacation now.

Our vacation plans have finally been made. We will spend a week in California and see all the sights there. Now all I have to do is find a decent package deal.

Today is my wedding anniversary. I'm having a dozen roses sent to my wife at her work.

Tommorrow, my wife and son leave for Maine for the weekend for his college orientation. Gonna miss 'em.

Kind of lonely today. My wife and son took off for Maine this morning. Now its just me in the house and its quiet...........too quiet.....

I had the worst Father's Day EVER!

1) The Windows program in my computer crashed and would not reboot.

2) Work was horrible. Just about everybody did a bad job today.

3) My wife and son are in Maine, leaving me here all alone.

I spent the whole day all alone and being PO ed about everything.

I spent the whole day at my other office at the warehouse cause I had a carpenter in to do some work there and I had to be there with him.

Its surprising how much paperwork I managed to do without the TV to distract me...lol

I've been sweating my a%% off at home because the central air is broken and they can't fix it til Tuesday.

Gotta work all weekend because I gave my assistant the weekend off to go on a trip with her boyfriend.

I bought my son a realistic light saber cause hes such a Star Wars freak. Its pretty cool. It lights up really bright and makes all the same sounds they do in the movies when you use it.

the lightsaber is not mad of Florescent Lights is it

(remember that)

do you have AC at work, if so working this weekend could be a blessing

the lightsaber is not mad of Florescent Lights is it

(remember that)

do you have AC at work, if so working this weekend could be a blessing

334065[/snapback]

lol....no. This is a professionally made light saber made by Master Replicas is England. The blade is made out of some type of plastic with electronics wired in. Its really cool. Costs about $100.

No AC at work. The only place I'll get AC til they fix mine is in my car. :)

I'm thinking about going to Shore Leave this year. I haven't been to a Trek convention in years so I might go to this one. Its in 2 weeks. They have a pretty huge guest list this year although not many Trek actors. Heres who they have:

Mary McDonnell, Steve Bacic, Pat Tallman, Jeffrey Willerth, Danny Strong, Alexis Cruz, Joanna Cassidy, Mark Goddard, Malachi Throne, Chase Masterson and William Windom.

They will also have a lot of Trek writers there including, Greg Cox, Peter David, Keith DeCandido, Michael Jan Friedman and StarTrekfans.com's very own David R. George.

Another sweltering hot day with no air conditioning. Thank God the repairman comes tommorrow to fix it. I can't take much more of this.

The repairman FINALLY came to fix the air conditioning. Its SO nice to be cool again. I don't think I could have lasted another day.

Pretty busy last couple of days. We went to a cook-out on Sunday then to another one yesterday. Gotta do double time at the gym to work those extra pounds off now.

Today my son and I went to see "War Of The Worlds". It was ok. Pretty scary in some parts. Its not a movie I would see twice in the theater though.

Tomorrow I have to train a new route man that I hired. One of my guys is quitting because he found a job that offered benefits. I can't fault him for that. I never stand in the way of anyone that has an opportunity to better himself/herself.

Busy weekend. I had 4 people out so the rest of us had to do double duty to keep up.

My son and I are going to go to a Star Trek convention tommorrow. Its a local one called Shore Leave. They've got a lot of guests as mentioned in an earlier post.

Horrible day at work today. Very short-handed.

Made up for it by going to Shore Leave today with my son. We stayed there for about 6 hours. I'm dying to talk about some of the people I saw there but I'll probably end up offending a lot of people on this site...lol. Lets just say that a lot of people I saw there today would feel right at home in the "Trekkies" movie.

We walked around a lot. I bought 2 DVDs and my son bought a shirt and some badges. We sat in on a presentation given by the "New Voyages" people. Any TOS fans that haven't seen what these guys are doing are really missing out. Even the other fan-flick groups call the New Voyages guys the "Holy Grail" of fan flicks. Check them out at www.newvoyages.com. They will start on their next episode in September. Its written by DC Fontana and guest stars Walter Koenig as Chekov.

Another busy day today. I hired a few new drivers and I have to get them ready to go before I go on my California vacation in 11 days!

I did have some time to take care of Krysis. He is a member of Startrekfans who lives in Malaysia. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get Star Trek material there so I mailed him a box with about 40-50 Trek novels in it. It helps me get rid of some clutter and it helps a fellow Trek fan in need.

I still don't have my car. I've just about given up on being able to drive it this summer. I talked to the body and fender guy yesterday and he gave me the usual BS about how busy he has been and he will get to it soon...........Suuuuuurrrrrreeeee he will......

That is so nice of you do that! I need to get rid of a lot of things as well! My room is full..TOO FULL!

Another busy day today. I hired a few new drivers and I have to get them ready to go before I go on my California vacation in 11 days!

I did have some time to take care of Krysis. He is a member of Startrekfans who lives in Malaysia. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get Star Trek material there so I mailed him a box with about 40-50 Trek novels in it. It helps me get rid of some clutter and it helps a fellow Trek fan in need.

I still don't have my car. I've just about given up on being able to drive it this summer. I talked to the body and fender guy yesterday and he gave me the usual BS about how busy he has been and he will get to it soon...........Suuuuuurrrrrreeeee he will......

342190[/snapback]

Tell him that if he don't get his act together, you will take your care as you are wont to do as it is your property and will take the buisiness somewhere where they won't feed you a line and aren't work shy.

(EDIT) Sorry if I am a bit strong, people like that drive me bonkers, my boyfriend is putting up with junk like that with a guy at work.

Tell him that if he don't get his act together, you will take your care as you are wont to do as it is your property and will take the buisiness somewhere where they won't feed you a line and aren't work shy.

I would do that in a second but the car is in pieces now so I'm stuck.

Horrible day at work today. I had a guy quit on me out of the blue today. No notice or anything. I really hate it when they do that. This other lady that works for me told me she knows a guy who has been looking for a route. This guy is also friends with another guy that used to work for me that already knows the route. the former employee was also willing to ride along and train this new guy. Sounded good to me. I brought the guy in and interviewed him. He seemed ok so I gave him a shot.

So both the trainer and the trainee show up for work. So far, so good. They loaded up their van with all of the stuff to deliver and off they went. 3 hours later, I call the trainer on his cell phone to see how they are doing. The trainee answers. He tells me that the trainer got into a fight with his girlfriend and left, leaving him there all alone. I rush down to where the trainee is and take over the training myself. I let the trainee drive while I give him instructions. I notice that the trainee has his girlfriend along to help out. She was in the back of the van putting some bundles together for us. After about 10 minutes, I look in the back and this girl is sound asleep. I figure, ok, its not like I'm paying her so I can't say anything. Meanwhile, the trainee can't follow a simple direction. I tell him to make a u-turn, he makes a left and keeps on going. I tell him to turn right at the next street, he goes right by it. I then switch places with him, telling him to watch how as I do it . I show him and as I'm talking to him, I notice his head bobbing and his eyes going up in the back of his head. I realize that this guy is either on drugs or is actually falling asleep on his first day with his boss in the van with him. At this point I have had enough. I call one of my assistants and have her meet me. We unload everything out of "trainee's" van and into hers. The 2 sleeping beautys don't even stir with all of the noise. My assistant then proceeds to do the route. I drive the trainee's van back to where my van is parked which was at a 7-11 store. I park the trainee's van at 7-11, take all of my stuff out of his van and leave both him and his girlfriend still sound asleep in their van and take off in mine.

As far as I know, they might still be there!

On Sunday, my wife and I drove our son to Deep Creek Lake, Maryland for a weeklong Forrestry camp run by the Maryland Forrestry Board. He wants to major in Forrestry next year when he starts college so we thought this would be a great experience for him. They only choose 2 people per county to attend this and he was one of the 2 chosen from Baltimore County. He had to write an essay and be interviewed by the Maryland Forrestry Board in order to be chosen.

This is the first time in his life that he has been away from home all by himself without another family member present so this will be a good test to see how he will fare when he goes away to college.

I really miss him though..........

I celebrated my birthday today by running errands all day. Kind of a lonely birthday with my son being away at Forestry Camp this week. Maybe my wife will cheer me up when she gets home from work........

I'm a little late, but hope you've enjoyed your b-day, Kor.

:)