Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

Hes going to stay at a dorm which will probably wipe out any savings that I get from the scholarship. They are giving him a $12,000 per year scholarship which is pretty cool. Their tuition is $26,000 per year so I still have to shell out a lot of cash.

I went to see my car today and check on its progress. True to his word, the painter has done some substantial work to it. I may have it by summer after all!

Is your car going to look like the one above? Or is it how it started out. Or third thought as I write, your dream car in the above picture?

Is your car going to look like the one above? Or is it how it started out. Or third thought as I write, your dream car in the above picture?

323094[/snapback]

The car in my sig is my actual car. I took that picture when I had it parked in front of my house. When its done, it will look much like the picture except I got a different hood for it. THe main reason I'm having it redone is because rust was forming on the bottom of the door and by the wheel wells. I didn't want it to spread so I figured I might as well just redo the whole car.

I've never taken it to the track. I need to add some safety features to it before I can do that.......like seat belts..lol. However, a car just like mine does about 12.7 or 12.8 in the quarter mile.

I'm going to keep it stock for now. I mainly drive it on weekends and put it in car shows.

Slow day today. Got some personal things done like getting one of my vans check for emmissions. It was due last week so I had to pay an additional $15 fine.

Went to the gym today too. I have to build up my cardio because I'm scheduled to take my 2nd degree black belt test in July and I want to be in top shape cause its a killer.

Slow work day today so I decided to head down to the Science Center at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore to see the Titanic Artifacts Exhibit. Much to my disgust, after driving all the way down there, I find out that the Science Center is closed on Mondays. Now this place is a tourist attraction right in the middle of all the other tourist attractions that are open 7 days a week. I can't believe they would close on Mondays! The area was swarming with tourists. Sigh......If I'm not too busy, I'll try again tommorrow. So instead I went to the gym and worked out for about 90 minutes.

Tommorrow is my son's last day of High School. Hes really excited!

Sorry to hear about the money owed to the IRS. :waaaa: I have a friend who just found out they owe $40K, and the IRS isn't exactly "low percentage rate" on that stuff. :blink:

Today is your sons last day of school! How exciting for him!! When I graduated from high school we painted our car with sayings and such and had a big party in the school parking lot after school, and then had a bonfire that night on school grounds. It was a lot of fun.

Think they grow up too quickly Kor?

Think they grow up too quickly Kor?

Absolutely! As a matter of fact, I had to console my wife last night who was in tears over the fact that our son is going away to the University of Maine next semester.

I took another trip to the Science Center today to see the Titanic Artifacts Exhibition. It was really good. There were a lot of cool things on display from the actual ship and the presentation was great. Afterwards, I worked out at the gym for about an hour before I came home.

My son got interviewed by the Forrestry Board today for inclusion into their week long camp at the end of July. They were very impressed with his application and accepted him immediately. He gets to work as a Forester for a week afterwhich he will be tested. If he does well, he will get college credit.

Nothing much going on today. It was my son's first day of summer vacation after finishing High School so he went to the gym with me.

I reserved us some tickets to Star Wars tommorrow. Both of us can't wait to see the movie.

I reserved tickets via Fandango for the 3:15 show for Star Wars. I figured I'd better pick them up early because of the anticipated lines. The first show started at noon. I got there about 11:40 am and there were only about 30 people in line! I could have just got tickets for the 1st show but I had to wait for my Mom to drop my son off at the movie theater. He showed up about noon so I exchanged my 3:15 tickets for 12:30 tickets. I was amazed that hardly anyone showed up for the movie. When the movie started, the theater was not even half-full. this must be the only theater in town where this happened. I really lucked out!

Wow...My 1001st post! Whoo Hoo!

Anyway, its a beautiful day outside so I worked on one of my vans for awhile. Other than that, I just sat around the pool soaking up the sun.

BTW, I need some vacation ideas. Anybody know of any cool places to go to in the USA that won't cost me a fortune? Any ideas would be appreciated.

no fair. i used to be hundreds of posts ahead of you.

hmmm.....i've been to almost every state. i'd have to say MA is the best :thumbs: hehe

Montana ain't so bad. Las Vegas is awesome. Utah is a funny place (funny in the sense of 'weird') Florida is cool.

San Fransico is awesome

New York is the best!!!!!! besides MA

There is a cool place called springfield IL I heard it was a fun place to go

I can visit The Simpsons!.... :thumbs:

Last night I went to my son's graduation mass. His school had a mass for all of the graduating seniors. They also gave out this year's awards. My son won 2 awards. He won the History award which is given to the student who demonstates a passion for history as well as receiving the highest c.p.a in history in his class. He also won an award from the President's Education Awards Program. It was a certificate signed by "Dubya" himself as well as Margaret Spelling, The US Secretary of Education. Needless to say, I'm a proud Dad today!

Tonight, there is a reception at the school for the parents of National Honor Society Students and Friday is the official graduation ceremony.

He will be going to the University of Maine next year.

I'd love to post a pic of him here but I don't know how. If anyone can tell me how to do it, I'll do so.

Today will be a busy day. I have to spend most of the day at my warehouse getting things ready for the weekend. Then tonight is my son Eric's high school graduation. Some day soon, I hope to be able to sleep again....lol.

Last night we went to a graduation party for one of my son Eric's friends.

Today, there is another graduation party for the son of one of my friends. I'm really getting partied out. More of the same next weekend when its our turn to have a graduation party for my son. I crave sleep.............

Kor go here to start to host a web album

http://photobucket.com/

and all youhave to do is upload your pics there and you can just copy andpaste the 3rd url directly to a forum and the pic will then show up, I hope this helps and makes up for my Judgementday Snafu in the WWE forum :P