Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

Thanks to all of you. Even if my own family forgot about me, my online friends didn't. You guys made my day!

Today will be my last day posting for awhile because we leave for our California vacation tommorrow morning. We will be gone for about 10 days. I'm bringing my laptop but I don't think I'll be able to log onto here since its a different computer with a different IP address. I'll try though. Maybe it will work.

My wife went to pick up our son from Forestry camp where he has been for the last week. Its a 3 hour drive up and back so she'll be gone most of the day. I stayed behind to get things ready to go tommorrow.

So take care, everyone. If I can't get onto here from California, I'll tell you all about our trip when I get back.

Thanks to all of you. Even if my own family forgot about me, my online friends didn't. You guys made my day!

344120[/snapback]

:laugh::bow: Aww, that's nice to hear! I hope you enjoyed it. :bow:

Just got back from vacation today. Heres the rundown of what we did.

Sunday - Flew into LA about 12:30 Pacific Time. We rented a van and drove to Anaheim. By the time we got there, it was too late to do anything so we just sat around the hotel pool.

Monday - spent the entire day and night at Disneyland.

Tuesday - Spent the day touring Hollywood. At night we drove to the Santa Monica pier, had dinner then back to the hotel.

Wednesday - Spent the entire day at Universal Studios.

Thursday - Took the Pacific Coast Highway and visited La Jolla beach. Afterwards, we stopped at Long Beach and went aboard the Queen Mary. By night we arrived at our hotel in San Diego.

Friday - Spent the day at Mission Beach.

Saturday - Went to Coronado Island and did some boatiing. At night we went to downtown San Diego to take in the sights. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe there.

Sunday - Spent the morning packing up our stuff and checking out of the hotel. Then we went to the original settlement of San Diego and toured the Old Town Historic section. Then we drove back up to LA to catch the red eye flight back home.

Overall, an exhausting but really fun trip!

Welcome back Kor.

San Diego has a Hard Rock Cafe? :yawn: I didn't know that. *considers getting out more* :yawn:

Did you visit Whaley House in Old Town, see any ghosts?

I spent the day trying to catch up with the massive amount of paperwork that accumulated while I was away on vacation.

I was also pleased to see that Krysis received the box of Trek books that I sent him. He has a lot of reading to do as I sent him about 40-50 books.

I've also spent a lot of time over the last few days interviewing job candidates. I'm a bit short-handed right now and its making it tough.

This Sunday I'm throwing a huge crab feast for all of my employees to thank them for all of their hard work.

Had my company crabfeast yesterday. It went over really well. About 60 people attended. I gave out some company shirts that I had made and raffled off some goodies that some of my clients donated. All in all, a really good time.

However, one of my drivers decided to show me their gratitude by not showing up for work today knowing full well in advance that we were already short-handed today. I showed her my gratitude by firing her.

Next week will be really busy. I am going to 2 concerts in one week! On Monday night I will be seeing Meat Loaf. On Thursday night, I'll be seeing Alice Cooper w/ Cheap Trick. The concerts will be awesome but I'm going to be one tired puppy!

"No more teachers,

No more books,

No more teachers dirty looks,

Out for summer,

Out til fall..............."

You'd think having grown up in Alice Cooper country, I'd know more of his songs. :D

"Top prime cut of beef, I'm your choice......I Wanna Be Elected!

"You come to the convention in an old Rolls Royce.....I Wanna Be Elected!"

I just bought the new Alice Cooper cd to prep myself for the concert next week. My favorite track is "Woman Of Mass Distraction" . What a great title for a song!

His last cd and this one sound a lot like the stuff he did in the 1970s. Its classic Alice!

"Top prime cut of beef, I'm your choice......I Wanna Be Elected!

"You come to the convention in an old Rolls Royce.....I Wanna Be Elected!"

347599[/snapback]

Made me think of the Ramones "I wanna be sedated" :D

I LOVE the Ramones! Way back when, some friends and I were performing as a Ramones cover band for a short time.

Oh I love them too.

Was listening to their greatest hits earlier today. :D

Wherever you go I'll be with you

Whatever you want I'll give it to you

Whenever you need someone

To lay your heart and head upon

Remember after the fire After all the rain

I will be the flame

I will be the flame

3.gif

I had the Police come to my house yesterday..........its a long story so I'll put it in a spoiler...

Click For Spoiler
I had 2 people working for me. A guy and his girlfriend. They have been around for about 6 months. They did a pretty good job but they came with a lot of drama. They were always out of money and asking for an advance on their check. Anyway, their truck broke down awhile back and to keep them working I lent them one of my company vehicles. This was weeks ago. I also lent them $200 to get their truck fixed. Last week, the guy told me he got a construction job so he had to leave but the girlfriend will still do the route with her sister. I agreed to this. Last Sunday, I had a crab feast for all of my employees. The couple showed up, ate a lot of crabs, drank a lot of beer and took home at least 3-4 T-Shirts I had made up to give everyone. On Monday morning, they don't show up. I call their house for 20 minutes. No answer. I send someone down to their house to bang on the door. No response...but my van was there. After about a half hour of this , they finally answer the phone. She tells me that she can't find her sister so she can't come to work cause she can't drive by herself because she gets "anxiety attacks" when she drives alone. Pure B***poopie*! I've seen her drive alone several times with no problems. I reminded them that they were well aware that we were going to be short-handed on Monday & Tuesday and that I needed her to come in. She never showed. So after a particularly nasty morning full of late deliveries because of this, I had my assistant drive me to their house and I repossessed my van. The van was absolutely filthy. Trash all over, half-eaten food containers on the floor and a really gross smell. I also noticed that the brakes were shot and the rear-view mirror had fallen off and was on the floor. They also apparently had a flat tire at one point and just put the spare on without ever fixing the flat tire.After driving the van home, I also noticed a large plastic box in the back of it. Inside it was a purse, a $100 bond (?!?), some cds,some PS2 games and a Playstaion2 machine.All day Monday, I got calls on my cell phone from them demanding their stuff back. I didn't answer any of their calls. I figure I'd let them stew for awhile. On Tuesday morning, the girl calls and I finally answer. She wants to know when she can come over and pick up her stuff. I told her that I had no problem giving her stuff back but that I was going to hold onto the PS2 machine until they paid me back the money they owed me. She got angry and said that I had no right to do that. I replied that she was probably right but that I was going to do it anyway because it seemed to be the only way to get my money back. She threatened to come over with the Police. I assured her that the Police would not find a PS2 machine in my house. She finally relented and agreed to terms. The boyfriend was going to get his first paycheck the week after next and when he did , they would repay me. I said fine. About 7:00 pm in the evening last night, the Police show up at my door. I also notice her truck parked behind the Police cars. She was alone in the truck with no sign of having any "anxiety attack". The Policeman told me that she reported that I wouldn't give her her stuff. I pointed out the large plastic box on my front porch and told him that it had been sitting there all day waiting for her to pick it up. He then, of course, mentioned the PS2 machine. With my best innocent "Who Me?" look, I told them that I didn't know anything about it. I also pointed out that my van was left unlocked overnight at her house so anything could have happened. The Policeman instructed her to get her stuff. As she was doing so, she told them that I told her that I would tell them that. I just shrugged my shoulders. She then left muttering something about filing a civil suit under her breath. The Policeman looked at me and said "Disgruntled employee?" I smiled back at him and said "Something like that..." The Policeman then told me that it was a civil matter anyway and they don't get involved with that. I thanked him for coming and he left.

All this drama because I lent them money and they don't want to pay me back.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Am I doing the right thing or should i have handled this differently? I'd love to hear your opinions.

I t6hink you have likely lost revenue from these two scum buckets who are intent on taking any sympathetic person for a sucker and swindling them out of money, they ought to be done for fraud on some level and also sued for loss of revenue. But that is just me, not to mention criminal damage to company equipment (truck)

Thats is just me though, s if you don't see it that way then feel free to disregard.

I just came off a really busy week. Last week I went to 2 concerts. On Monday night, I went to see Meat Loaf and on Thursday night I went to see Alice Cooper/CheapTrick. They were all awesome. Meat Loaf is really funny on stage. Alice Cooper is like a magician on stage. There is always something weird going on while he is singing. He did his guillitine act where he gets his head chopped off. He also chased a Paris Hilton lookalike around the stage with a sword and eventually chopped her head off too...lol.

This week will also be busy. On Wednesday, my wife and I are flying to Maine to move our son into his college dorm room. This will be a major life change for the whole family. My son moving away from home and us not having him around for the first time in 18 years. I think more than a few tears will be shed but at the same time it will be the start of an exciting new chapter in our son's life as he starts his college experience. We will be flying back home on Saturday.........sans son.....

Got a really busy day today. I have to get all of my work caught up so that my assistant manager can run things while I'm gone.

We will be leaving tommorrow morning around 10:00 am est for Maine to abandon....er...um...I mean get my son all moved into his dorm. I'm buying extra tissues for my wife as I know she will be crying non-stop the whole way home..................

Well, we are just about ready to leave for the airport so I'll see you all when I get back this weekend.