Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Please Stay Off-topic Part 2

In recent years, researchers have discovered that various exotic orbits are theoretically possible for multiple star systems. The majority of these exotic orbits are unstable and unlikely to exist in the real universe.

However, one of these exotic orbits stands out from the others. It is the figure-eight orbit for three bodies. Amazingly this orbit has been proven to be stable. Therefore it is possible that real examples of figure-eight triple star systems may actually exist.

In the figure-eight orbit the three stars are of identical (or near-identical) mass, and all three travel along the same figure-eight path.

Animation of a figure eight orbit

(click on the black area to begin orbit animation)

KILGORE

"You smell that?.. Do you smell that?.... Napalm, son... Nothing else in the world smells like that.... I love the smell of napalm in the morning.... You know one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours... When it was all over I walked up... We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body... The smell.. you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill Smelled like... - victory....Someday this war is gonna end."

I dont want to go to work, anyone want to go for me?

341389[/snapback]

Yes please! Like, any job is good and good for me right now!

Interesting... Tønsberg has it's own Borg Collective!!! :borgqueen: :lol: ;) :P :P ( I live in Tønsberg. )

:naughty:

I dont want to go to work, anyone want to go for me?

341389[/snapback]

Yes please! Like, any job is good and good for me right now!

350550[/snapback]

Even if you only have 3 weeks to find a new one?

Cant belive i only have 3 weeks left.

MAXIMUS: "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius. Commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor Marcus Aurelius, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance in this life or the next."

The Fandom.com is having server problems tonight, Chase is supposed to be interviewing Paul McGillion..

It took 2000 years to reach this point....and it will take only 5mins to send us back to the stone age :dude::nono:

Let's see....

Assimilated screensaver!

^ I got that! :cool1: :yes:

:lol:

Edited by 3 of 7

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

352681[/snapback]

Technically, they are transparant, reflexing light. :P

Why is my throat infection not going? I am so annoyed with it :lol:

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

353376[/snapback]

That's a question I was going to ask :lol: .

Why do University lecturers expect more than what the students can show? Meh, I don't want to go to University if they're like that! :P

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?