Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Please Stay Off-topic Part 2

I once found a site on the Internet where you could play the role of a senior officer,new to DS9....in the game you are briefed on a mission by Sisko (who cannot take part for some reason...)and then assume command of Defiant.The

mission is to locate a missing Akira-Class starship near the Badlands.

It was loads of fun.But,I've since lost the website address....

I don't see any promise in the new Cartoon Network show; Camp Lazlo. It just doesn't appeal to me. Or make me laugh in that matter.

VADER: "There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet

realize your importance. You have only begun to discover you power.

Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength,

we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

HANG: "But dad i just want a big Mac"

" Tønsberg is the place for everyone. " ( Singing on the Tønsberg song. )

:cheers:

Half way through my week holiday and i havent done anything, anyone got any suggestions?

Half way through my week holiday and i havent done anything, anyone got any suggestions?

343947[/snapback]

If I could find something better, I'd do it myself, Mike.

My brother went to the Stargatefans boards- he is such a dork :biggrin:

Creating Roots

The Nesting Instinct

The desire for a place to put down roots is nearly universal. There is a natural instinct that guides us toward a comfortable sanctuary that we ourselves have created or can call home. This is the nesting or cocooning instinct. It is this drive that calls to us after a day of work or play, that counteracts the chaos of the outside world by bringing us somewhere we belong. Your nest, be it home, apartment, or single room provides a safe haven from uncertainty and a sense of comfort and control. It offers you a space that is welcoming, nurturing, and meets your demands. In nesting, you are expressing yourself, fulfilling your needs, and giving substance to your intention to live the way you want to live.

The means of nesting are as individual as each of us. Some people consider their home their refuge. Others see it as a safe place for relaxing and spending time with family and friends. It is human nature, much like it is for animals, to have the desire to nest. Many women feel the instinct to put down roots and to raise a family in a consistent and nurturing setting, and nest to fulfill this instinct. Men may feel more driven to forage, or focus outwardly, but still want to create a safe haven for themselves.

The more effort you put into creating a home or space you enjoy, the more you will be drawn to it. Try using all-natural cleaning products in scents that are pleasing to you. Soft lighting can be a welcome relief after a day spent under fluorescent lamps. Candlelight and music can add warmth and feelings of safety to your home. An easy way to create a welcoming home is to make sure your furniture is comfortable and cozy, and your home has some color that makes you feel good. Making even minor changes can stimulate the nesting instinct.

Part of the nesting instinct lies in your home's ability to counteract stress. After a busy day, returning to your personal space will lower your blood pressure, relax your muscles, and help you clear your mind. The act of "building your nest" can give you a sense of accomplishment that is bolstered each time you come home and a space that makes you feel good is the ideal background for a centered life.

I'm so hopeful its like I'm praying for the next big thing

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Well, yesterday sucked. Today sucks too. I wasn't really afraid of the hurricane, but it did some damage. All the trees in my back yard aren't there anymore. One of the houses in my neighborhood doesn't have a roof anymore. I got power back a few hours ago after it going out at 6 last night. The streets -and my yard- are littered with branches and fallen trees, 4 dead so far, and I think I still have to work tomorrow.

By the time the average American is 50, he's got FIVE POUNDS of undigested red meat in his bowels!"

(according to Billy Rosewood,Beverly Hills PD)

:naughty:

Nerds are people who talk on the telephone to other people about telephones..

Douglas Adams