Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeanway

~~ Shipwrecked ~~

Rescuing his wife from the infirmary, Tom Paris takes B'Elanna Torres back to their abode. "I hope my forged release letter doesn't get discovered too quickly" Tom ponders to himself. " I need to explain to the Admiral that our request for a small vessel is strictly local - intraplanetary. I have no desire, at least not yet, to leave the planet. And its not a matter of establishing a new colony - by no means! There is simply too much of this rock to discover - and what of beneath the surface? I'm an explorer at heart, with scientific interests in mind. I certainly do not advocate mutiny!" Tom mulled over these thoughts as he carried his wife home.

Captain's Log

The Captain realizes that dealing with jaz4debo is like shaking hands with the devil and will not fall into that trap again. She chooses to shun both B'lanna and Tom and advises the rest of the crew to do the same. Admiral Janeway Out.

"Seven to the captain, I'm detecting an unauthorized uplink through the astrometric sensors. Please report to astrometrics."

" What is it now 7? " The Captain says as she taps her com-badge. " I'm at Gardenia, I'm not going to keep running to the ship all the time 7, I have things to take care of here right now."

The race over, things in Gardenia are calmer. Everyone needed a little fun and the race certainly gave them that. The Captain takes a walk early the next morning to her grape vines on the edge of the fields. They are coming along nicely and she decides an arbor must be built to support them. They are heavy with grapes but most are laying on the ground. She goes to discuss this with Neelix, who had mentioned to her once he had something similar to them on Talax.

As she walks the edge of the field, off in the distance, on the ground she notices something.

A small cluster of shrubs she hadn't noticed before. As she nears them she sees more scattered behind them then more and more. She kneels down to look at them more closely. She spreads the scrubby bush apart and in it's center finds a cluster of plump, purplish pink berries. She picks one, presses it between her fingers and it pops open. She smells of it then tastes of it on the tip of her tongue. She finds this berry to be very sweet and delicious. Inside the berry she saw what appeared to be a small twig or rod, she picked it out and broke it in half. Inside were the seeds. In the pail she had brought for grapes she picked the clusters of berries out of the bush. Then proceded to pick bush after bush until the pail was full then she went back to talk to Neelix about her discovery.

Back in the kitchen Module she shares her find with Neelix. He was so excited and after tasting one he said. " OH Captain, this is wonderful! This could mean we can have jam or jelly or even WINE!" :assimilated: " Are there anymore out there Captain?" He asks. " Yes, there are hundreds of bushes I didn't even touch." She answers. "Well, we have to go berry picking don't we? He says. The kitchen crew, some five crewmen, Neelix and the Captain headed back out to the edge of the field to fill their pails. They picked until all the pails were full, some 12 pails. As they walked back to the kitchen module Neelix said to the Captain. " What do we call these berries Captain?" She answers. "Well, since inside each berry I found a tiny rod containing the seeds, how about we call them " Roddinberries" See, the rod in the berry? "Ah Captain, good choice." Neelix answered then said "Roddinberries, I like that." :blink:

Icheb was working in the field when Neelix found him. "Hello Icheb. I was wondering if you could help me with something." Neelix said as he handed Icheb a water pouch. Taking a drink from the pouch Icheb answered. "Sure Neelix. What do you need." Neelix explained the need for an arbor to support the grapevines, Neelix showed Icheb a schematic of one on a PADD eh was carrying. "Hmm. We'll have to improvise on the materials. There's not much wood around here but I think we can rig something up." Icheb said.

As the sun was sinking below the horizon Icheb and Neelix were putting the finishing touches on the arbor. Made of salvaged materials, mostly plasteel, it didn't resemble any arbor you would have found on earth but it functioned nonetheless. The Captain and Nomie had come to fetch the two of them for dinner and admired their work. "Good job Neelix, Icheb. I knew you could come up with something." she said as she walked underneath the trellises. Icheb and Nomie walked behind her as she talked with Neelix, the grape vines forming a green ceiling over there heads. "Thank you Captain." Neelix replied. "I'm curious to see how good of a job the rest of the kitchen crew has done in my absence." They all laughed as they headed for the kitchen module.

Click for Spoiler:

lds707g_new_e.jpg

(ILS is entering this Rpg, he will be playing the role of Lt. Ayala)

Yes that was great, i come up as second in the race next time i will win it, but first i will enjoy my price,

"Captain, there is an unauthorized use of the sensors. It was used to scan the crust and mantle of this planet. I do not know why."

" Ichy? Naomi asked. "Yes?" He answered. " I have an idea." She said. "What is it Nomie?" He asked. " I'd like to take Maggie and Haggie and go exploring the desert with you. We could bring some food and water so we could stay out the whole day, what do you think?" She asked. "I think that's a wonderful idea. We haven't looked around much beyond the settlement. There is a whole planet out there." " I know. But we should ask the Captain if it's alright with her first. She may need us here for something." Naomi answered. "Yeah, I think you're right. We should also take a transponder so they can locate us with the ship's sensors if they need us or one of us gets hurt." Icheb agreed.

After getting the approval of the Captain, Icheb and Naomi went to Voyager to get Haggie and Maggie. The food and water pouches hung around each Allussia's neck. Naomi and Icheb began to ride West away from Gardenia.

The desert was seemed almost empty. Aside from a few desert plants and an occasional small lizard there wasn't much around. Neither Icheb or Naomi were bothered by this, they enjoyed the peace and the two Allussia seemed equally content. It was in the early afternoon when Icheb suggested that they take a break and have a little lunch. "That's a good idea Ichy, I'm getting hungry." Naomi said. Off in the distance they could see a single low mound rising up from the otherwise flat desert floor. "How about we stop there and have a picnic?" Icheb suggested, pointing to the rise. "Ok. We can also get a better look at our environment from there." Naomi added.

The two hungry explorers continued over the sand towards the mound off in the distance. The Allussia were obviously tired and hungry too so it took a while to get to it. "It didn't seem this far away did it Ichy?" It took them nearly an hour to reach it. As they neared the mound, Naomi noticed something in the sand. "Ichy look." She said as she pointed down. That doesn't look like animal footprints, does it?" Icheb and Naomi got off of their Allussia and inspected the tracks. They were definitely humanoid footprints. "I don't think these are too old, I think the wind would erase any tracks left very long in the sand. I wish Tuvok was here, he knows a lot more about the desert then I do." Icheb said. Naomi had a tricorder out that she had packed, just in case, and was scanning the surrounding area. "I'm not picking up any definite readings. There's something in the ground here that's interfering with the tricorder. All I can say for sure is that this mound is hollow." she said. They walked to the top of the mound, Haggie and Maggie had wandered off a short distance from the mound and were grazing on some low shrubs growing from the sand.

"Ichy, if this thing is hollow, then where is the entrance? Unless this is some sort of natural phenomenon here? Maybe cause by an accumulation of underground gases like a volcano." Naomi walked around the entire circumference of the mound searching for evidence of a doorway of some sort, but found nothing. Icheb tried to scan the mound again, adjusting the tricorder, attempting to filter out the interference. "It's no use, Nomie. I can't get these scans any clearer than they are. I think we'll have to inspect this mound in a more hands on manner." he said.

Captain's Log

The Captain realizes that dealing with jaz4debo is like shaking hands with the devil and will not fall into that trap again. She chooses to shun both B'lanna and Tom and advises the rest of the crew to do the same. Admiral Janeway Out.

Well thats outa Character..And not nice

::Beleanna is in the Mountains with her husband and with most of the Maqui crew. None like what Janeway has done with gardenia nor on her constant obsession of the Alussia..She is still in recoup from the drugs that the Docter had pumped her with..Her husband Tom is doing all the planning..And she will leave him to it as she falls back under::

"Ichy, can we eat first?" She asked. "Yea, that's a good idea, I'm famished." Icheb gave out a loud whistle and the Allussia came running back to the mound. Icheb and Naomi sat on the side of the mound on the sand that afforded them the most shade. As the days went here today wasn't as hot as usual. Icheb untied one of the large sacks he had tied around Haggie's neck. It was filled, or should I say, stuffed with greens for the Allussia. He spread it's contents on the ground and they ate. Neelix had made snadwiches for Ichy and Nomie, Mep Slad Snadwiches

"MMmm, this is good, Ichy said. I'm really acquiring quite a taste for Meps, how about you Nomie?" He asked. " Yea, me too. I really liked it when he made those Mep-ka-Bobs in that herb sauce, those were just excellent."

They each had brought a large pouch filled with water and tried to give the Allussia a drink from it but weren't too sucessful. Most of the water landed on the ground. Naomi tried to show Maggie how to stick out her tongue so she could pour it on her tongue, which was another disaster. Naomi got soaked and so did Icheb.

While Icheb and Naomi were squeezing water out of their shirts one of the Allussia, Maggie, began sniffing around one side of the mound and scratching at the sand. Haggie joined after a few moments. "Look Nomie. I think Haggie and Maggie have found something." Icheb said.

Icheb got on his knees and started digging where Haggie was scratching with his hoof. After clearing away the sand Icheb saw what appeared to be a metal loop or ring. After further clearing away, he saw what looked also to be a metal panel or door. Naomi stood behind him as he attempted to pull on the large ring, when all of a sudden it burst open and a great wind came from the opening and knocked Icheb, Naomi and the two Allussia back onto the sand about 10 meters. The wind continued.

When all around Naomi and Icheb and the Allussia there seemed to be a stirring in the sand and a number of new mounds began to rise. " ICHY!!" Naomi screamed. " LET'S GET OUT OF HERE! And they both began to run, followed closely by Maggie and Haggie.

Well away from the area, they stopped running just long enough to mount the Allussia. Then they begin a long, hard ride back to Gardenia. Occasionally looking back over their shoulders. Once Voyager was in sight they both began to feel a sense of relief. When they returned to Gardenia it was well after dark. They rode past Voyager and the lake and right up to the perimeter of Gardenia, then figuratively fell off their mounts then ran to the Captain's dwelling.

After telling the Captain what happened out in the desert the Captain suggested another look at the survey images Naomi took in the shuttle. They inspected them very closely and found nothing in the area Naomi had flown over the year before. The Captain decided that they were going to go back out there the next day on the Allussia AND in shuttlecraft and very well armed.

After a week of absence, Tuvok returns from a hunting trip into the desert. He appears very rakish as he drops his spears and empty water-skins. Dirt is encrusted on his face and in his beard, and he appears to have lost weight. Jaz trots up to him, and begins nuzzling his leg. Tiredly, Tuvok walks to the pond, and Jaz playfully follows. They both kneel and dip their faces into the water. Tuvok takes a handful of water, and washes off his face when he suddenly looks up, slightly startled. His senses - having been sharpened by his return to his primal Vulcan behavior - lead him to the arbor built by Icheb. As he enters the arbor, his mouth falls open in wonder, and he smiles slightly at the scent of fresh flowers and the cool air blowing through the vines. A slight smile crosses his slightly gaunt face.

His eyes dart, and he rushes back to his tent. Crawling inside, he removes a large animal skin which he tanned himself, and a small leather case. He spreads the skin out, which measures roughly two metres square, and opens the case. From the case, he pulls several pigments and a crude brush which he made himself. Working furiously, he begins mixing the pigments. In a wave of inspiration, he begins painting. First, the glorious arbor constructed by Icheb. Then he begins painting pictures of his crewmates and friends as he now knows them. He pauses at each one as he considers the very important rolls that each and every crew member plays in their new environment. First Icheb, as he tills the soil; Naomi is at his side. Then Neelix, cooking happily. Then 7 working seriously with holographic emitters...... Paris working hard in engineering..... Torres.....

He pauses briefly at Torres. What should he think of his shipmate who denied him help when he was going through the burning, forcing him to find relief with a vicious, carnivorous animal in the wild? Even then, he smiles as he remembers the hard work put in by Torres in repairing the holodeck and the broken vessel. He paints Torres beside Paris working to make the Voyager livable.

Tuvok continues to work into the night, removing his clothing to stay cool. By morning, he has created a colorful mural of his friends - his more-than-worthy. He steps back breathless and smiles broadly at his work. He turns to Jaz at his side and smiles. He allows the painting to dry in the hot sun, while he bathes in the pond. By the afternoon, he rolls the mural up, ties it with a leather cord, and places it around Jaz's neck. He whispers into Jaz's ear, who trots with the leather painting to find Icheb, Naomi, Paris, and Torres with the gift for his friends.

Naomi and Icheb see Jaz, he has something tied around his neck. Naomi kneels down to the baby Jaz and says" Hi Jazzy, how are you doing today Sweetie?" As she scratches his neck. Jaz gets all babyish and starts snorting and sneezing all over Naomi and Icheb. He falls on his side and starts scratching his own back in the sand by wiggeling around and kicking his legs in the air. " Oh, Ichy look at what Jazzy is doing, isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?"

Icheb can't help but laugh as the little Allussia rolls around in the sand. Getting himself nice and dirty, Jaz gets to his feet and shakes himself off, creating a small dust cloud in the process. The thing that was tied to his neck falls off onto the sand. Icheb picks it up and unrolls it. As he looks at the painting a tear wells up in his eye, he then turns to Naomi and says "Look at this Nomie."

Naomi, also overcome with emotion begins to cry. "Who did this Ichy? Do you have any idea?" She asked. " I'll bet Tuvok is back, no one else would do something like this." She added.

"Seven to the captain, I think you need to come to astrometrics. Those mysterious anamoly in the ground has been determined to be of a technological force."

"Captain, this is a scan of the crust. You see the grey spot in the sensors? That's an entrance to a passage of tunnels. Similar grey spots can be found in the crust for 5 km. It is a series of tunnels. Scans have shown a tachyon emmision by an unknown energy source. Warp cores have been known to emit such particles."

" But 7, this planet shows no signs of advanced technologies. How could this be??

This civilization we have observed are obviously pre-Warp. Unless another species is using this planet without them being aware of it. We have been here over a year now and they obviously don't know we are here either. :bow:" The Captain said to 7.

Four way tie. Alterego, ILikeSeven, Wab Runs Wild and Master Q. In case anyone missed the broadcast. :bow:

The last thing i remembered was that i was transfered out off the brigg.

Jeanway said to me" i hope you have a nice time here!!!, you will not sabotage us again, try sabotage this sand!!!!"

That was the last time i heard a human voice, now i am wandreing across this dessert, trying to find a place to stay and to survive.

but what is that is see in the distance, insn,t that a ...aahhh... i can seeh.. aaahhh..startfleeeehh.ttt...yeahh that musssssttt bee... that meust be Voya...gghh..

Voyaaaaaaggghhh....(he falls to on the hot desertsand and tries to yell " I, i, need waahhterrr :naughty:

The new thread that was opened to continue the Shipwrecked thread has been merged with the original and move to Planet Roddenbury and reopened. If there are any further complaints the thread will be deleted along with any attempts to restart the RPG.

If there are any questions please feel free to PM me.

"this is Seven to the captain. I'm detecting a lifeform. Human. It's lifesigns are weakening. The sandstorm is blowing in. Please state instructions."

The next morning after Naomi's and Icheb's return, the Captain planned to take a team of the crew and the Allussia out to the place where they had seen the new mounds the day before. Preparations for the food were made with Neelix and he was busy in the kitchen module as the rest of the explorers ate their breakfast. When suddenly, the ground began to rumble and shake.

Everyone looked around in terror as the ground began to rise. Modules and dwellings began to fall over as the ground rose below them. The garden and the fields began to crumble and fall into the cracks in the ground. Voyager off in the distance began to move. The Allussia ran from her protection off into the desert.

Icheb and Naomi ran outside just as the kitchen module was swallowed by the rising ground. The Allussia were scattering across the desert, leaving the crew of Voyager to fend for themselves. Suddenly Voyager was atop an enormous mound and balancing precariously, then snapped in half. Large fissures began to form around the lake and all the water drained down into them. Then around the broken halves of Voyager which also went careening down into the abyss. Mounds rising up and swallowing any trace that Voyager or it's crew had left in the desert. Far away in the distance a few of the Allussia had stopped running and had turned to watch the planet erase any trace of Gardenia and Voyager from it's surface. The enormous mound that was under Gardenia finally opened in it's center and swallowed Gardenia up, it's surrounding fields and all the gardens and trees were gone.A year on this planet and now nothing is left on it's surface for anyone to ever know they were ever here.

~~~ THE END ~~~