Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeanway

~~ Shipwrecked ~~

"This is wonderful." The Captain said to everyone as she pulled the meat off the bones and stuffed it into her mouth with her fingers. A collective " Mmm" coming from everyone who heard her. "I wonder if there is a name for these things" Icheb said. "I'll have to ask the Allussia what they call them." The Captain looked at Icheb then at Naomi. " You'll WHAT?" The Captain wasn't aware that the Allussia could communicate with humans and it took her by surprise. " Captain." Naomi said. "They can talk." Icheb then said. "Yes Captain. They have been telling us things and asking alot of questions about us." "Why haven't I been told this before Icheb?" The Captain asked. " Well, Captain, I was waiting for the right time and this does appear to be the right time."

Some of the Allussia wandered over to the settlement and stood there smelling the cooking food. The Captain, Icheb and Naomi walked down to the edge, they never overstepped the boundry. "Here, let me ask them something, you'll see." Icheb said to the Captain. Icheb's favorite Allussia stood there and Icheb took out his U.T.and flipped it on then asked "What do you call these animals you hunt?" The large male, bent his head down next to Icheb's face and answered in almost a whisper. "We call animals MEPS." Icheb replied to him. "MEPS?" The animal repeated himself again. " Meps, meps, meps he said, his huge white lips banging together." Icheb said to the Captain. "He says they are called MEPS." The Captain walked around the animal, seeing how friendly and tame he was. She put her hand on his side and felt his soft, white fur. "He's a beauty." the Captain remarked as she felt his massive legs. The Allussia turned his long neck down and put his face up close to the Captain's. He said to her. " You ride now?" She laughed . "Alright, I'll give it a try." The Captain answered. This male now accustomed to being mounted by Icheb got down on his knees, as Icheb had trained him to do. The Captain grabbed his fur and pulled herself up onto his back. She sat there as he got back up onto his hoofs. "Let's go." She said as she held onto his fur and gave a little nudge with her heels. The Allussia trotted around in a small circle, staying close to everyone. The Captain enjoying this tremendously.

::Somewhere on the other side of camp in an isolated spot outside the Paris' Abode::

::There is a table set for Two and with flowers on it..Romantic music in the backround:

Tom had been setting the table for the last twenty minutes..he had convinced Neexlix to prepare for somthing Special so he could make it up to B'elanna..

B'leanna was in the shower, trying to get some of the mud,soot and sand out of her hair and system..Unware of Toms plans to whoo her..She had been very volitle for Days..It seems that she still blamed Tom for landing on this god for saken Planet::

She gets out of the shower and puts some clothes on...Seeing Tom's romantic table..She laughs out loud

Oh he is such a sweetheart!

One day, after the mid-day meal, Naomi and Icheb took a walk out to the lake. Many of the Allussia were drinking and some were in the water, they could swim. Nomie and Ichy decided they were going to walk around the entire lake, just to get out of Gardenia for a while. On the far side they happened upon something, Nomie had never seen before, but Icheb had before he had been taken by the Borg. Nomie ran up to these objects that were laying by the edge. She stood over them and looked at ichy and said. "What do you suppose these things are?. Some sort of land mine or bomb or sensor of some kind?" Ichy laughed and said. " No, silly those are called 'EGGS'. "Eggs?" Naomi asked. "But where did they come from?" Icheb though for a second then said. "I think those huge birds that the Allussia are so afraid of must have been here drinking and the females had no choice but to lay them right here." Naomi answered. " Well, that sounds plausable since we haven't seen any other birds since we've been here. We can eat these things, right?" She asked. "Oh yes we can and they are very good too. Let's hope we find more of these. We should come out here every few days and check." Naomi agreed. They picked up as many eggs off the ground as they could carry. They were very large. One egg could easily feed four or five people. Their arms loaded down they walked back to Gardenia amid clusters of more eggs strewn about, and went directly to Neelix in the kitchen module. "Look what we found Neelix." His eyes opened wide as he looked at the enourmous eggs. "Where'd you get them?" He asked. "Out around the farside of the lake." Naomi answered. "Anymore out there?" Neelix asked. "Dozens and dozens." Ichy answered. "Well, we best get some anti-grav carts and get out there and get them, don't you think? Neelix said to them.

The evening meal was what else? Omelets. Some with green pepper and onions

some with spinach. The crew gobbled their food like they were starving. It had been a long time since they had eaten real eggs and Neelix had outdone himself.

The Captain was thoughly enjoying her omlete when she started talking to those at her table.

"You know, when I was just a girl, there was a holiday we celebrated, a religious holiday, it was called "Easter". My parents would actually paint eggs then leave them around hidden in the house and yard and we children had to go find them. It was one of the fondest memories of my childhood." Tears began to well up in the Captain's eyes. She decided not to go too far down that road and changed the subject. She said. "Let's hope our bird friends make a habit out of this." Everyone laughed.

While they ate the Captain brought up the need for some kind of fence to keep the Allussia out of the fields. "I've explained the situation to them but they don't seem to completely understand." Icheb explained. "They do seem to understand the idea of a border. They never come into the original perimeter we set up. I think some sort of a fence could be a signal to them to stay out of the fields." He said. " That's good to hear Icheb. You are working on it right now aren't you?" She asked him. "Yes. I'm going to put the first one up in the morning. It's more of a visual barrier, It won't be able to keep out the Allussia physically if they really want to get in. I think that's all we'll need though." He answered. "That sounds good, I hope it works. OH, I want to ask both of you something. It's something I've thought about a few times and meant to ask you about but I kept forgetting."

"The idea of getting milk from the Allussia, what do you think?" The Captain asked. Naomi, immediately said. "Oh, I've thought about that too, exactly what is 'milk'. The Captain and Icheb laughed at Naomi's obvious niavite'. "Honey." Icheb started. " Milk is, well, it comes from females, for their babies but other species can drink it too." He told her. "Oh" She answered. "So you think we can get this 'Milk' from the female Allussia, and we can drink it?" She asked innocently.

The Captain answered. "I think it's worth a try." Icheb thought for a moment. "I don't think the Allussia would mind letting us milk them. We could even reach some kind of an arrangement with them. Fresh vegetables for milk." He said.

Early the next morning, Tom wakes up. The previous evening had gone well. More "fence mending " will still need to be done. Perhaps B'Elanna and he could pack up a lunch, and hike towards the nearby hills. It would be a time together, as well as a chance to reconnoiter that area for future reference. Who knows what we could find, Tom muses to himself. Perhaps others before us had the same misfortune as us and crashed. Another vessel to salvage, or even survivors to meet. Hopefully, they will be as friendly as the Allusians. Tom brews some instant coffee, leftover from another hiking expedition he took with B'Elanna. That was in the holodeck. This is the real mccoy, Tom ponders as he packs a few items, including his tricorder into a small buttpack. Tom realizes that it would be wise to make an initial recon of the area. He wants his time with B'Elanna to be pleasent and without "surprises". He then fills a "camelback" water bladder with an attached tube and mouthpiece. This will allow him to keep both hands free and still be able to rehydrate himself. The going ahead may prove rigorous. Strapping on the camelback, then lacing up his boots, Tom next jots a brief note for his wife. Finishing his coffee, Tom attaches the note to the inside of the front door. Exiting their home, Tom sets off for the neighboring hills.

Some time later. Tom has reached the bottom slope and begins to ascend. Not too bad, Tom thinks to himself. At the first summit, Tom Paris is able to get a better view. Behind him, the "Voyager", or whats left of it, and the herd beneath it. Looking again at the terrain before him, Tom picks out a draw between two hills and proceeds ahead. As he approaches, Tom notices a sort of depression. He slows his pace, looking cautiously for anything suspicious. "Better use the tricorder". Removing it from his buttpack, Tom adjusts the settings, then flips it on. At that moment, a low rumbling begins to eaminate from below his feet. Panic rises, and Tom quickly looks for a safe way out. Spinning around , he heads back down the slope. Suddenly, the ground beneath his feet gives way, and Tom finds himself tumbling downwards. Grasping at the walls of the hole around him prove fruitless, as the loose soil simply falls on top of him. Tom continues to fall helplessly downward into the blackness of the pit. He cringes in fearful expectation of what lies beneath him. Its at that point that Tom recalls just how beautiful his wife is, and is sad that he may not see her again. He once again thinks of their dates in the holodeck at the french cafe. Damn, I can't remember the name of that place. Tom blacks out moments before he plunges into the icy waters of the chasm.

Later that evening, a low, musical moaning sound was coming from the direction of Voyager. Slowly it grew louder and louder preventing anyone in Gardenia from falling asleep. Neelix came to The Captain's house and knocked. She came to the door and opened it. "Yes, Neelix what is it?" She asked. "Captain, can you hear that?" He asked. "Who can't? What IS that anyway?" She asked. "I don't know but I think we should go see if something is wrong with the Allussia." She agreed. Quickly the Captain dressed and her and Neelix knocked on Naomi and Icheb's door. They were both awake too, not able to sleep because of the noise. "Ah, Captain." Icheb said as he opened the door. "Nomie and I were just talking about going to see what the problem is." He said. "Give us a minute we'll go with you." Icheb and Nomie dressed quickly and joined the Captain and Neelix. All four walked together quickly carrying lamps and flashlights in the dark night. The well worn path from Gardenia to Voyager was easy to see even in the two Moon's light. As they approached Voyager the moaning got louder, the sound echoing off the hull. Icheb walked with Nomie right under the ship and to the tightly packed Allussia. There in the center was a large female Allussia laying in the sand. Her blood pooled all around her, she was dead. A newly born Allussia laying on top of her lifeless body. Nomie immediately started to cry, as did Icheb. The Captain and Neelix did a better job at holding in their obvious grief. Nomie walked over to the suckling baby and kneeled down next to the dead mother. Nomie could not contain her instinct to take the baby and hold it in her arms. The baby, not much bigger than a small dog, looked up at Nomie's face and opened it's mouth and let out a weak, little cry that sounded like "Maaaaaaaaaaaa" :laugh: Icheb's favorite Allussia came up next to him and whispered in Icheb's ear. Icheb turned on the U.T. and listened to him as he said " Mother dead, baby dead soon, no mother." :laugh: Icheb said to Nomie. "We have to take the baby back with us or it will die." Nomie's face lit up and she said "Really?" The Captain, Nomie, the baby, Icheb and Neelix all walked back to Gardenia. Neelix saying to Icheb. "We'd better get that animal buried and fast or those, those, whatever those birds are will be back and cause havoc here." Icheb agreed and once they got back to Gardenia they both grabbed a shovel, a few more crewmen were roused from their beds and back they went to Voyager to bury the mother.

Back in Nomie's module she and the Captain both fawned over the baby. Nomie gave it as much water as it would drink. The Captain said to Nomie " It looks like milking the Allussia's can't wait now. We must start tomorrow." Nomie agreed. The Captain left and returned to her house. Nomie and the baby laid on the bed together and the baby fell asleep in Nomie's arms under a blanket. Nomie stayed awake for hours waiting for Icheb to return from burying the mother.

Tuvok, while seeming like an apparently normal Vulcan, wanders aimlessly about the corridors of the Voyager. In his amnesia, he is unable to recognize the vessel or his shipmates. He spends many of his days alone hunting and searching for water. Having manufactured a strong spear from a bulkhead support staff, he leaves the site for sometimes an entire day, returning in the evening with a slain wild animal - sometimes two. As he sits in the evening shadows silently, his shipmates whisper about the mystery surrounding the bearded Vulcan, while still enjoying the fresh meat.

After Icheb and Neelix returned they went to sleep. The baby Allussia wakes up and silently wanders about in the module. Chews on a few of Naomi's potted plants then pushes the door open with it's nose and leaves the module. Outside the baby sniffs around and come across Tuvok who is sitting on the edge of the vegatable garden on the ground eating a handful of lettuce. It scampers up to him and tries to sit on his lap. Tuvok laughs, something Vulcans never do, and feeds the baby some lettuce. Tuvok says to the baby as he pets his head. "And where did you come from little one?" The baby looks at Tuvok as if it knows what he was saying. The baby's huge, oversized silver eyes stare at the Vulcan and Tuvok stares into the babies eyes. Instantly they mind-meld and understand what the other is thinking. :waaaa: "Water" The baby thinks and Tuvok gets up off the ground and he and the baby walk to the irrigation ditch and they both drink.

Naomi sits BOLT UPRIGHT in the bed. "WHERE'S THE BABY??" She screams. She hops out of bed as does Icheb, they run around the module tearing through stuff, moving furniture. "Where'd it go?" Icheb yelled. "I don't know! And don't yell at me, I was asleep!!"Naomi yelled. "It's not in here." Icheb said. They both look towards the door. Then at each other like this :waaaa: Then out the door they fly looking for the baby. :waaaa:

B'leanna sitting on the top of the hill sees her husband plunge into the icy waters

::she calmly goes down the hill puts one arm in the water and grabs tom by his shirt::

How many times have i told you that the waters here are much colder than on earth

Watch where you are going

!

Above B'lanna and Tom a shuttle appears. I hovers above the cavern, drops the grappler down to Tom, he grabs it and it lifts him up out of the water and sets him down next to B'lanna. He collapses on the ground, B'lanna kneels over him. She looks up and waves to Icheb. Icheb returns to Voyager.

Running through the rows of plants Naomi and Icheb are frantic. "If we don't find it one of those birds might kill it." Naomi said to Icheb. When suddenly they see Tuvok kneeling down next to the ditch scooping up water in his hands and drinking. The baby right beside him. Naomi runs to it and picks him up and scolds it. "Don't you scare us like that again you, you little." She stops. "Ichy, it doesn't have a name. We have to name it." Icheb says. " Oh yea, that's a good idea so when it runs off again we'll know what to yell." They both laughed. "O.K. Nomie, but first we have to find out if it's a boy or a girl." Just then the baby walked over to a bush and lifted it's hind leg to the side and made water on a bush." They both laughed again, "Yepp, it's a boy." Icheb said. " Talk about timing." Naomi said. "Well then, we need a boys name then, let me think." Icheb said. Just then Tuvok seemed to become aware of what they were talking about and the word 'Jaz' came out of his mouth. " Jaz?" Naomi asked Tuvok. "Yes, Jaz would be a good name for the boy, Jaz." Icheb then looked at Tuvok, then at Naomi, then at the baby and said "Jaz, I like it. Jaz it is! Come here Jaz, here boy here boy. " Icheb said as he approached the baby. The baby came right up to Icheb. Icheb picked him up in his arms and hugged him, held his face in his hand and said to him. "You like your name Jaz?" Jaz made noises like he was laughing too.

"Well, Honey, you know we have to go right now to attempt to milk one of the Allussia, this boy needs milk." Naomi said to Icheb. "Alright, let me get a pail and we'll go right now." He answered.

Naomi, Icheb and the baby walking beside them approached the herd under Voyager. The Allussia noticed them and all thier heads turned in their direction. "We have to find a female with a baby Nomie, she will be able to give us milk." They walked around the herd under the ship trying to find a young one with it's mother. Icheb knew about these things. He learned them when he was very young while he was still with his parents. "There, over there, he pointed to a baby nursing from it's mother. They approached them slowly. Naomi put the baby down on the sand right next to the other baby. Jaz looked at what the other baby was doing and tried to go get some for himself. The mother didn't seem to care or mind that she had another baby on-board, so Icheb and Naomi just stood there and watched until Jaz and the other baby had enough and stopped nursing. " Ichy, do you think she will take care of him if we leave him here with her?" She asked. "I don't know Nomie, I'd rather not take the chance she may reject him once we leave." Let me try to milk her right now." Icheb put the pail under the mother then gripped her and began to milk her. Again she just stood there not seeming to care. Icheb looked up at Nomie and said. "It's working, she doesn't mind." Nomie said."Can I try, Ichy?" "Sure, here, it's easy." Ichy showed Nomie exactly what to do and she continued until the milk just stopped coming. "Alright, that should do for now, let's go back now." Icheb said. Noami carried Jaz, Icheb carried the pail they went back to Gardenia.

Dumb Question

What does Icheb and Niomi have to do with Voyager?

And why is it named Gardenia?Can we vote on this?

Dumb Question

What does Icheb and Niomi have to do with Voyager?

And why is it named Gardenia?Can we vote on this?

If you read the story from the beginning it's all right there. I chose to be the character Naomi Wildman who was born on Voyager. Her mother died. Fen chose to be Icheb, one of the children Voyager rescued from the Borg. He also said he was married to Naomi at this time. Naomi knew all about plants since she also spent alot of time in the Airphonics bay.

The settlement is named 'Gardenia' BECAUSE it began as a garden for the Captain's two dozen coffee plants, hence the name GARDEN-IA, 'GARDENIA'.

Belmont.jpg

Late in the evening, Tuvok returns from another of his daily outings. He drops the carcasses of four small feral creatures on the ground near the thermal lantern set up outside his shelter he built for himself from animal skins and leaves. He squats in front of his shelter, and drops his spear. For several long minutes, he stares severely into the blue glow of the lantern. For a brief instant, a look of discovery and reccognition crosses his face, but then disappears. As he continues to sit motionless, Jaz trots up to him and nuzzles his hand. Tuvok absently strokes Jaz's head as he thinks deeply. Jaz begins to nibble Tuvok's beard, tickling his face.

"Hello!" Tuvok says joyfully. "I have something for you." He reaches into a leather pouch around his shoulder and pulls out a bunch of sweet succulent leaves, which Jaz voraciously devours.

Late into the night, Tuvok stares into the blue lantern as the foreign constellations rise over the planet. A very large moon rises over his campsite. Tuvok stands and looks into its bright face, holding his hands up beside him as a look of wonder and ancient

recognition crosses his visage.

Jaz licked the milk from a bowl, just as he licked water from the irrigation ditch. Each morning the three, Naomi, Icheb and Jaz would walk to Voyager and get milk from a female with a baby. Jaz always nursed from the mother but after she had been milked by either Naomi or Icheb, Jaz would return to Gardenia with them. One day Icheb said to Naomi. "You know when Jaz gets too big to be with us he is going to have to go back to the herd." Naomi understood this but had become so in love with and attached to Jaz she told Icheb. "I don't want to think about that until it's time." Icheb left her alone about it.

Jaz had bonded with the humans now. He thought of himself a "One of the Family" here in Gardenia. He never wandered off or did anything that perhaps would have caused trouble in the settlement. He understood boundries very well.

One day, a few months later, Naomi was brushing Jaz's long, soft, white baby fur. She was talking to him as she usually did using the term "Mama" often. This day Jaz, while enjoying his brushing and scratching session, he turned his head around to Naomi and whispered "Maaamaaa" to Naomi. He looked at her with his huge, silver eyes sparkeling. She could see how much he loved her. "Ichy! Ichy!" She yelled. "What is it?" He answered. "Come here, listen to this." She told him. He sat on the ground with Naomi and Jaz. "Now watch." Naomi said. Naomi put her face close to Jaz's and said "Mama". Jaz repeated her in a long drawn out "Maaaamaaa". Ichy and Nomie both laughed hysterically and hugged and scratched Jaz. They played with him for a while and a few more times he said "Maaamaaa".

Still after approximately six months, there had been no rain. The days always started out cloudless and ended the same way. The nights always clear and the two moons always visible.

A noticably cooler day finally arrived. A good ten degree drop was noticed by everyone. A few whispy clouds were noticed. This went on for a few days, each day the clouds grew larger and denser. The thought of rain entered everyone's mind. The opportunity to have time off from the back breaking, daily watering by the crew. The fields of grain were doing acceptibly well as were the vegetable gardens inside the settlement. the Allussia continued honoring the visual boundries around the fields and were fed generously from the weeding and thinning of the plants. Great mounds of compost were also growing as it was added to daily. A full growing season for most of the plants had past and there were stores of food set aside in storage cellars dug into the ground, their walls and ceilings reinforced by pieces of Voyager.

Geological expeditions ventured out for surveys had discovered silica and lime prevalent on the surface. One of the crewmen made a suggestion to the Captain that perhaps they could begin a foundry of sorts. A glass making foundry. He had watched his father work, back on earth as a child, as a glass-blower. This crewman had much knowledge and experiece in this art. "We can do it Captain." he continually told her at every opportunity. She gave him the go-ahead and he enlisted a group of helpers to begin this project. The team would go out regularly to collect the lime and silica. Aided by the help of the Allussia who dragged the anti-grav crates across the sand. Sometimes staying out in the desert for days before returning.

Constrution of the foundry went on while the team of Allussia and crewmen collected the lime and silica needed to begin the Glass-Works. A site for this chosen well away from the settlement, yet within a short walking distance. The fires needed to be tended day and night to reach the high temperature needed to melt the sand, lime and silica together to a liquid state. The smoke from the fires released into the air by a tall smokestack also constructed from pieces of Voyager.

The inhabitants of this planet were also making glass at this time. Evidence of this could be seen in the original suveying images Naomi took on her flight in the shuttle. They had structures in their colony some 150 kilometers to the west of Gardenia. They appeared to be green-houses. Still no sign of them venturing out to Voyager's crash site. The Captain came to the conclusion these inhabitants were an Agrarial Society. Pre-Warp, Pre-Industrial. Still they had not seen any evidence that they even knew Voyager had crashed there. It had been nearly a year now.

It appeared the rainy season was upon them. It began to rain. Day after day it rained. The sand became saturated, the gardens got greener and greener and the growing became profuse. The plants still needed tending as the vegetables ripened and dropped to the ground. If they weren't collected immediatly they would rot sitting in the wet dirt. The fields of wheat and corn and soybeans flourished. the trees grew taller and their trunks widened. Yes, the rainy season had proved to be a wonderous thing for Gardenia. The lake was constantly being replenished by the underground source and the water was crystal clear. The Allusia were thriving under Voyager, having regular feedings from the gardens and the fresh water so readily available to them. They didn't stray from here.

It rained daily for about two months. Then it tapered off gradually for about a month then it stopped. During the rainy season, the work on the foundry continued. Before it began they had already been collecting the silica and lime and had great stores in reserve. They were now making glass. The other main ingredient was sand, which was all around them.

After many months, Tuvok continues to live his somewhat primal lifestyle, having no remembrance of his former life. In the cool mornings, he disappears into the dry wilderness, returning with fresh kill for the group. Sometimes he returns a few hours later, and sometimes he is gone for days. He always has something for Jaz, who has become a loyal companion to him - a fresh gourd, a jucy root, or some sweet leaves. While mysteriously locked into the lifestyle of his ancient ancestors, Tuvok has, however, grown accustomed to his "new" friends... and "former" shipmates. On occassion, he helps with the gardening, moving large stones, erecting shelters, or defending against the occassional predator with his hand-crafted arsenal of spears and flint knives - having never gotten used to the phasers his shipmates wield.

The evenings are spent in his tent of animal hides warmed by the blue glow of the thermal generator. Occassionally, he is approached by some of the crew of the Voyager. They sit around his "fire" and exchange small talk. Sometimes - in an effort to revive his memory - they tell him of the journeys of the Tuvok they once knew. Tuvok listens with rapt attention, fascinated by his former life. Though he believes his shipmates, he cannot remember of what they speak. His only memory is that of his ancestors, given him by his mother as the memories of ancient Vulcan have been passed down for millenia by all mothers to their unborn children.

Then one day, it begins. The crew knew it would happen eventually, but have never known when it would happen, nor have they determined how to deal with it. It started off as a sweat upon his brow in the early morning hunt, a mild increase in respiration, a slight shake in his left thumb. Over the course of the next several days, he began to sweat profusely, and his breathing became ragged and deep as a wild-eyed glare crept into his visage. He would wake in the morning curled into a fetal position - his clothes soaked with sweat. On the day he forsook his morning hunt, loud growls and screams were heard from his tent as he lay on his animal-skin blanket shaking with his arms wrapped around his midsection. His jaw was clenched tightly as he attempted to fight off the lethal burning in his copper-based blood.

Tuvok was going through the pon farr.......

The Captain sympathizing with Tuvok's condition, as she always had in the past. Calls upon the E.M.H. The Doctor, as he is known as to the crew, materializes in Tuvok's tent. The medication he has formulated for Tuvok, with him, he gives Tuvok an injection and it eases his symtpoms of distress and Tuvok falls asleep.

Seven of Nine had meanwhile acquired a knack for cultures. In the middle of ancient Vulcan Mysticism book, Seven discovers something that could release Tuvok from his tortuous state.

The Captain stands over a sleeping Tuvok, 7 enters the tent. "Yes, 7, what is it?" She asks. 'Captain, I believe I have discovered something that may help Tuvok." 7 hands the Captain an Ancient book with mystical signs on the cover. "What is this?" She asks 7.

"That is a replicated copy of the High Preistess manual of rites. It contains the deepmost secrets of mysticism and Vulcan rites." said Seven. ".... meaning......." interrupted Janeway. "It means that the solution to Tuvok's condition is in this book. I have found a ritual that is mentioned in the book that can transfer the Pon farr' to another vessel. It is the Katra that can create the drive of the pon farr'. A transfer of the Katra can only be done with a Vulcan but can then be transferred to anyone by the Vulcan who received it. My plan is to perform the ritual where we transfer Tuvok's katra in a meld with Vorik. Vorik will then meld with Tom Paris who will then mate with Torres. This would then mean that the drive would be anulled and then Tuvok would then meld with Paris receiving his own Katra."

{{ :) Oh My God!!! WAB that was so good :) B'lanna is gonna love this :laugh: :) :) That was BRILLIANT!! }}

After three full months of rain. The crew was tired of being constantly wet, tending to the garden and the fields. The construction on the Glass-Works had been completed and they were in full operation. Glass panels for windows we made, drinking glasses and flower vases, and some attempts at glass art. There was even some talk of glass currency for trade. A glass sliver, a glass tubule, a smooth and polished glass nugget, perhaps containing something of value in it. All this work and no play was beginning to turn many grim around the mouth. Arguments and fights were breaking out more and more frequently. As Moral officer aboard Voyager, this bothered Neelix. For weeks he had been wracking his brain trying to figure out something to lift their spirits. As the rainy season ended the Allussia came out from under Voyager more often to drink and run around in the sand. Nelix noticed this. And since the Allussia had prove to be a gentle beast by allowing the crew to ride them and use them drag pallets around with never an unpleasant incident. Neelix devised a plan to organize a race. After speaking with the captain, and her giving him full go-ahead, Neelix began thinking about the race.

~~~A note to fellow posters of this thread : It appears that "Tom Paris" has been shanghai'ed into a vulcan ritual , heretofore unbeknownst to him ::I've been absent:: As this is meant in good fun, I presume, "Tom" is willing to play along with it. His "fall" was meant to add a little Star-Trek-like flavor to this thread to what otherwise appears to have an agrarian, "Dr. Doolittle" spin to it, with all due respect. Jaz~~~ :laugh:

~~~A note to fellow posters of this thread :  It appears that "Tom Paris" has been shanghai'ed into a vulcan ritual , heretofore unbeknownst to him ::I've been absent::  As this is meant in good fun, I presume, "Tom" is willing to play along with it.  His "fall" was meant to add a little Star-Trek-like flavor to this thread to what otherwise appears to have an agrarian, "Dr. Doolittle"  spin to it, with all due respect. Jaz~~~ :bow:

Did you hear that? Baby Jaz just said something!! :bow::flex:

Once Neelix made the announcement to everyone at the evening meal, spirits seemed to soar. Finally a break in the monotonous routine. "Are there any prizes Neelix?" Was asked repeatedly of him. He hadn't thought that far ahead but thought prizes would be an added incentive for everyone to participate.

The search for dilithium continues around the planet by the probes. As of this day none has been located. The probes are continuously monitored by the computer on-board Voyager. They have been programmed to a systemary grid-like pattern across the surface of the entire planet. At this point in time they have covered about on half of the entire planet surface. Finally, a deposit of dilithium has been located. The readings seem promising and the plan to retrieve a supply is discussed between the Captain, Tom Paris, 7 of 9, Icheb and Naomi. Four shuttles are planned to go and retrieve as much as possible. Once back on Voyager, the replicators will now be back on-line. As well as some of the other systems which have been off-line for months.