Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeanway

~~ Shipwrecked ~~

The long, workday in the gardens and the fields now over a few of the crew walked down to the lake. Spread out blankets and decided to go for a moonlight swim. Since suitable swimming attire wasn't in anyone's wardrobe, they had to improvise. A few had swimsuits that they wore on shoreleaves in the past but not many. Mostly cut off pantlegs and long sleeves. A few got daring with the scissors and made v-necks and low backs, all in all not too bad.

It was a balmy night and the lanterns were set around the edge of the lake. A few of the Allussia wandered over to see what was going on. The Captain's Allussia spotted her in the water and slowly made her way into the water, down the gradual embankment they had made from many hooves during the day. The Captain surprised to see her swimming towards her laughed and swam towards her. "I think I'm going to call you "Aqua". Aqua seemed to know what the Captain was saying and blew a watery sneeze right at her. The Captain swam over to her and crawled up onto her and Aqua started swimming around with her on her back. "Look at this everybody." She yelled to those sitting on the edge. They lifted the lamps up in the air to see. Everyone got excited to see their Captain riding around in the water on the back of an Allussia.

"Naomi jumped up and said. "I've got to go find Maggie, come on Ichy you get Haggie too." They both ran towards Voyager. They returned in a few minutes and led their mounts into the water as well. Pretty soon, most of the Night Swimmers had found their Allussia and everyone was in the lake.

After a few hours of swimming and having fun the Captain said she was tired and wanted to go to sleep. Everyone agreed and they walked back to Gardenia and the Allussia went back under Voyager.

As they were walking back to Gardenia, they passed, going in the opposite direction, Neelix and his two helpers and two Sentrys. They were on their way to work on the grande prize for the race.

"Attention all racers and judges. Please be aware the contest will begin in 180 minutes. Mark. Judges, please initialize the holographic network." *a low humming sound appears and disapears* "Racers, please proceed to checkpoint A marked by the holographic letter A. This is a security checkpoint. All racers cannot have any sort of weapon, club, or whip. Those who do not declare the weapon and do not leave it with security will not be allowed to race. This is a friendly competition so please notice the ruels that I have announced. The most important rule is HAVE FUN!!!!!"

:rolleyes:

The Captain surprised by this announcement walks over to 7. " Where would anyone get whips or clubs?" She asked 7. <_< :look: 7, not expecting such a question said to the Captain. "I just searched the database and that would be an official announcement at a race such as this. " And where exactly would StarFleet have Allussia races 7?" The Captain aked. 7 laughed and said. "Such as this, Captain, not exactly this. Qatar, a Middle Eastern country on Earth had Camel races and the Allussia resemble the camel, do they not Captain?" The Captain looked at the herd of Allussia standing around the lake drinking. "Yes, I see they do and yet they also resemble, in a way a Girraff and a Llama, don't they?" The Captain asked. 7 answered. "I'd have to check that in the database Captain. I'm not familiar with those species." The Captain laughed and said with a smile. "Yes, you do that 7."

After careful and deliberate consoltation, Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres have decided to withdraw from the race. Although they seemed excited about the race at one time, Tom and B'Elanna no longer share that enthusiasm. As much fun as it seems to be for the others, Tom feels its distracting him from more pressing needs. " I will speak with Admiral Janeway and express my desire to borrow an Evaider. I want to conduct futher reconnaisance of the outlying region for future development. There is still the question of other life, perhaps others marooned like us. I want to establish contact with them and hopefully develop a dialog for peaceful coexistence." Tom continued, " My wife, B'Elanna, shares my ambition and dream. Please don't misunderstand. This is not an issue of 'instead of' but 'in addition to' the activities already going on in Gardenia." Grasping his wife's hand gently, Tom strode towards Voyager. Depressing his combadge, Tom said " Admiral, this is Tom. Please rendezvous with me at the Voyager. Please acknowledge." Tom then turned towards B'Elanna and beamed " I'm excited! This will be fun for the both of us." B'Elanna grinned back. She is relieved. The idea of racing atop one of those furry critters didn't sit well with her ::LOL! I couldn't resist the pun!::

The Captain replies. " Sure Tom and B'lanna, I'm on my way." She tells 7 and Neelix she has to go to Voyager for a meeting and will return when she is finished. The Captain taps her com-badge as she walks toward Voyager. "Tom where do you want to meet me, is Ten Forward alright." Tom responds. " Sure Captain, we are there right now." A raspberry sound comes from the com-badge. The Captain thinks to herself, "B'lanna's on the War-Path again." and heaves a heavy sigh.

As the Captain enters the doorway to Ten-Forward she is nearly hit in the head by a flying pot. Tom jumps up from his seat and grabs B'lanna's hand from grabbing another one to toss at the Captain. "What's wrong now?" The Captain says as Tom wrestles B'lanna to the floor. "Aww, sorry Captain, she's just in one of her moods." B'lanna growls at Tom and spits at him. "Pon'Farr Tom?" She asks.

" Yea, it's her time of the decade." He answers with a chuckle. "I hate you Tom Paris." B'lanna says as she spits at him again, as he is still trying to restrain her on the floor. The Captain looks at this sight and taps her com-badge. " I need the Doctor in Ten Forward immediately." Within a few seconds he materializes in front of her. "Please state the nature of the medical emergency." He says. The Captain then says. " We'll be needing an injection for B'lanna Doctor." The EMH looks at B'lanna and says "Ahh, I've got it right here."

"No, no, no." B'lanna yells as the Doctor approaches her with the hypospray. "SSTTTT" The hypospray is injected into B'lanna's neck and she relaxes and goes limp on the floor. Tom lets go of her arms. Tom sits on the floor next to her, The Captain sits on the floor on her other side. After a few minutes she wakes up and smiles at them both. "Is something wrong Tom? Captain? She asks. The Captain begins to speak. "B'lanna, do you really think it's such a good idea to leave the planet in your um, your condition?" B'lanna sits up. "What condition Captain? I feel fine." She answers. "Honey?" Tom says to her. B'lanna looks at him. " I thought this was all settled Tom. Why are you doing this to me?" The Captain looks at B'lanna. Seeing how upset she is she tries to reason with her. "We don't know how far the closest planet is from here Dear, and even if there were one, whose to say there is life there or what kind of life there is there. You may just end up dead. We chose to come here, all of us, we are all here now, why would you think it would be any better somewhere else? We can survive here now. Your friends are all here and we don't want to see you go out on some wild goose chase. We may never see you or Tom again. And what about your daughter? This idea is crazy and I won't permit you to leave. I will have you watched day and night and the shuttle bay will also be watched so don't try anything Tom, you hear me? If your not happy in Gardenia you can start your own settlement, we'll all help you. How does that idea sound?" The Captain asked." But I can't in all good conscience let you leave the planet."

"Seven to the captain, the race will begin in 10 minutes. Please return to the track."

On the morning of the race, Naomi and Ichebeb went to Voyager to get Maggie and Haggie. They brought them to the edge of the herd and fed them a combination of potato, wheat and small apples. They brushed them down and put their numbers on them then led them back to the lake where they were allowed to drink, then returned them to Voyager, out of the sun. Other crewman did the same. The preparations for the starting line were made. And a map was posted for all the riders to look at that showed the race course. They were instructed on fair racing practices by 7. The starting line was also the finish line since it was a U-Shaped race. All of the Allussia and their riders had run the course at least twice in the days preceding just to get the Allussia and themselves familiar with the topography of the course. The crew that chose not to ride stood around and watched. Some brought small, make-shift tents out and set them up around the course, a safe distance from it in order to watch and take images. I believe there was some betting activities going on somewhere, but that was just between a few of the gamblers in the settlement. "Who's going to win?" was on everyones lips. Most people favored the Captain, since she had been an achieved horse-woman on Earth.

Peparations for the prizes were all completed by Neelix. No one had a clue what the prizes were. Yet the tarpolin next to the lake now covered something quite tall in stature with smaller mounds also covered and guarded around the base. Neelix took special care to keep all the prizes a secret and his helpers did well in keeping his secret.

NEELIX ANNOUNCES THE ENTRIES FOR THE BIG RACE. ATTENTION EVERYBODY.

And riding #1 in the race today is Ensign Golwat on his Allussia " HANGON"

On number two is Crewman Herren riding "nik Of Time"

And #3 in this race is Crewman Jarvis riding her trusty steed "Unicorn Hunter."

Number 4 is Ensign Kyoto on her "Ace in the Hole"

#5 is Crewman Jor riding "Alterego"

Ensign McAllister is on #6, "WAB Runs Wild"

Crewman Mitchell is #7 and is riding " Master Q".

#8 is Lt Hargrove riding "Long Live The King"

Crewman Jenny Delaney is riding # 9 "Transporter Malfunction."

Lt Rollins is riding #10 "Spacetigger"

#11 Crewman Bendera is riding "mjham", and what a beauty she is!

Ensign Tumarai is riding #12 "TrekkieMage"

Lieutenant Ayala is riding lucky number '13' " ILikeSeven"

On #14 it's Ensign Vorik on his trusty steed "Rivendell's King"

And our final entry # 15 Crewman Yosa is riding " Doctor Who ."

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :assimilated: :blink:

Neelix stands at the starting line holding the starter pistol up in the air.

"BANG" and they're off!!!!!!!!!

Jor on Alterego shoots ahead of everyone!

#5 in the lead, right out of the gate folks!!!

He's followed closely by the rest of the field who are bunched together in a chaotic

mass of Allussia and riders that speeds down the course.

Followed close behind by Lucky number 13 ILikeSeven!

OOPS, looks like someone has fallen

OH My, it's # 10, SpaceTigger

Nope, he's alright, he's getting up, he's back on, he's back in the race

Halfway to the first marker Crewman Herren's Allussia, "nik Of Time" thinks it sees

a Mep scurrying across the desert and takes off in pursuit, ignoring the protests of

it's rider. Catching up to and then passing Jor and "Alterego" it veers off the track

and and runs off in the wrong direction.

I'm getting images on my PADD here from the Med. Station, the Doctor is taking

images for us

OH MY FOLKS, a couple of Allussia are trying to bite each other, it's # 3 and

#11 ,Unicorn Hunter and mjham, OH MY!

I see " nik of Time" has joined the race again, and has a Mep hanging out of his

mouth.

Ensign Kyoto and "Ace in the Hole" have been gaining on Jor and "Alterego" and

now they're neck and neck as continue to move away from the pack.

They are closing in on the med. Station now folks. Whoa Doc, " LOOK OUT!!!"

Looks like the imager will be out for a minute folks, they ran right over the Doctor.

Back now I can see the remains of the Med station laying flat on the ground

The pack is on it's way back now folks, heading right towards us.

"Seven of Nine fixed the med station in a few minutes. She reinitialized the doctor. "I think you should stay behind the table for a while."

We can see them all now folks heading straight for the finish line. It appears that three Allussia have broken away from the pack and are battling it out for the lead. I see TrekkieMage and Rivendells King nudging each other off the track. Those hooves are really pounding that sand ladies and Gentlemen, we have a real race to the finish here. OH MY! what's this? It's Alterego, ILikeSeven and WAB Runs Wild moving out ahead of everyone. Doctor Who is closing in on the outside. What's this? One of the Allussia has stopped running, it's crewman Yosa'a steed Doctor Who. Is it hurt? No it appears to be eating something it found on the ground. Crewman Yosa isn't happy about that. The three leaders are leaving the pack in their dust. And here comes master Q, rivalling the three Allussia in the lead for the nose position. I can feel the ground rumbling here folks as they are just minutes from the finish. And here they come!!!!!

Down the stretch they come, it's Alterego and IlikeSeven, WAB Runs Wild gaining on the outside. And it's Alterego, ILikeSeven and WAB Runs Wild. Here they come, looks pretty close from here folks. Now it's a three way tie, Alterego, ILikeSeven, WAB Runs Wild are neck and neck, and here comes master Q with a burst of speed, Is it going to be a four way tie? Alterego, ILikeSeven, WAB Runs WIld, almost here folks!!! Looks like it might be a tie folks! AND IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!! A FOUR WAY TIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neelix looks upset and starts muttering to himself.

"Analyzing data stream..... Computer, please display infared images.... Please align rendering toa 90 degree angle. *beep* Captain, it is indeed a 4-way tie."

"Neelix, please report to the shuttle. This is about the prize."

"The Grande prize is awarded to Alterego. It is a Water-slide. The tarp was pulled off by the guards to the Ewws and Ahhs of the crowd. Being a day like any other it was hot and the sun was blazing. Neelix continued. And our second prize is awarded to ILIKESEVEN. It's a Solar Shower. Again everyone showed their pleasure at being able to take a shower after swimming. Third prize is an under water Sea Propeller. It is awarded to WAB runs wild and Master Q. Assorted other prizes went to the rest of the participants. Things like a water Volley-ball net and ball, swim fins and inflatable water lounges. Assorted diving masks, goggles and snorkels. and a whole mess of BeachBalls

So officialy

Crewman Jor riding "Alterego" wins the grand prize

Lieutenant Ayala, riding lucky number '13' " ILikeSeven" wins second

Ensign McAllister is on #6, "WAB Runs Wild"

and

Crewman Mitchell is #7 and is riding " Master Q".

They win third.

All the prizes had been replicated by Neelix in the weeks before the race. His ability to con replicator credits was truly amazing.

Please remember that we are all winners. Each of us has worked hard or played hard. This is your reward. We will all share the prizes!!!" :assimilated:

Seven splashed into the water in her bikini and began shooting a water phaser at chakotay :blink: :assimilated:

Naomi rode Maggie into the water, while Icheb, Tuvok and the Captain came down the waterslide in rapid succession, landing on Neelix :assimilated:

::B'elnna sat up on the Gourney..Pissed at tom Pissed at Captian janeway::

::Basiclly just plain pissed::

::She gets up..walks out to find her husband..:

"Seven to the captain, B'elanna Torres is attempting to bypass the force field lock out. I will deactivate all control functions except for the doctor in sickbay. Please confirm."

::B'elanna who is delerious cannot even find the door after all she is pumped full of drugs::

::collapses::

((See liberties whith the Character..how could she be in the EMH is she is passed out))

B'ellanna does not respond..She is OUT COLD

Have no idea of what you are talking about..And yes,,You are off Topic

Lets keep going

B'ellana is hiosted up on the biobed/gourney when Captain janeway comes in..

Capt Janeway:: How is she doc

Docter:: Subdued for now..What are you going to do with her?

Captian Janeway:: I don't know yet

but keep an eye on her..She is a tough one