Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeanway

~~ Shipwrecked ~~

As they approached the comet the Evaiders left formation one at a time and launched their mines at the icy mass that made up the comet's core. After a few minutes Fenriz fired the last mine and watched as it buried itself underneath the surface of the core. Withdrawing to a safe distance Fenriz signaled the mines to detonate through his neural interface. Within seconds the comet was literally shaken apart. "Elusive. I don't think there are any fragments left up here that pose a threat to the planet. Can you confirm?" Fenriz commed. "Affirmative. Well done." On board Voyager, Captain Janeway watched the viewscreen as the comet that 7 of 9 had been tracking turned into a cloud of dust that would easily burn up in the planet's atmosphere.

As the Evaiders returned one by one to the shuttle bays the doors closed behind them. The Captain of Voyager asked. " Please join us for a meal Admiral Jeanway. You and all your crew are welcome to join us in Gardenia ." As the crew of The Elusive debarked and began to walk across the desert towards Voyager. The crew of Voyager emerged from under the ship as well as from inside of the ship and they walked towards each other. Hands outstretched the Admiral and the Captain met and shook hands. "Gardenia? Captain Janeway? What is Gardenia?" Admiral Jeanway asked. "Just follow us." The Captain said as they walked past Voyager, towards the lake.

As they approached Gardenia the Admiral and her crew could hardly believe their eyes. "How long have you been here?" The Admiral asked the Captain. "Well, we figured it's been a little over a year now." She answered. The Admiral then said. "And you've accomplished all this in a year? This is amazing, I must say." The Captain then asked. "Would you like to look around?" Admiral Jeanway said. " I sure would. And tell me, what are these animals here, they seem to be everywhere?" The Captain answered proudly. "They are our Allussia's, we love them as if they were family."

::Looks at tom and whispers to him::

"Why is he always spoiling our fun?"

The Captain, Icheb and Naomi walked with the large crew of the Elusive through the garden and the fields and all around the settlement. Neelix was busy in the kitchen module with his kitchen crew preparing the evening meal, twice the amount as they usually prepared.As the sun sunk below the horizon everyone gathered in the dining area. The Admiral and her officers joined The Captain and Naomi, Icheb, Tom, B'lanna, Tuvok, and 7 of 9 at her table. The Captain began to explain how Voyager came to this planet and what has happened here over the past year. Admiral Jeanway also shared her last mission with the table. Captain Janeway was fascinated to find out that the Elusive had actually come from a Time-Travel Mission. "I wish I could go into detail Captain." Admiral Jeanway began, " But if I reveal too much to you it would contaminate the timeline." The Captain didn't press her counterpart. Voyager had been in more than it's share of timeline paradoxes. The Admiral explained the course of events that lead up to the Xindi weapon. And how one small change in a parallel time-line started the whole thing."Oh. Stop Admiral" The Captain said, holding her hands on her head. "All this temporal talk always gives me a headache." They both laughed, as did the rest of them at the table. "Admiral Jeanway, do you think it would be possible for you to get us back to the Alpha Quadrant somehow?" Janeway asked her in private. The Admiral said. "No, I or should I say we don't have that capability, I wish we could help you but that is just impossible for us to do, I'm so sorry."

Neelix was trying his hand at barbecue. He decided not only to roast whole Meps on a skewer over an open flame. But he also made individual Mep-Ke-Bobs for the Captain's table. He slid pieces of raw Meps on a stick, then alternated the meat with onion chunks, green pepper chunks and tomato chunks. Then marinated them in a special herb sauce. Since the wheat crop had been harvested and a grinding wheel had been constucted from parts from Voyager, they now had flour. Neelix decided to make long noodles. Which the Mep-ka-bobs were served on. Everyone loved it. :)

"Seven of Nine to the captain. I must speak with you immediately. We might have a way of getting home."

The question as to how the Elusive honed in on this Planet was never asked. The Captain just accepted it as Devine Providence. Just as she accepted the presence of this Planet lying in their path. Acceptance of Devine Providence bestowing it's blessing upon the crew of Voyager. The choice of Life over Death. The Elusive left the planet. Sad yet grateful for their intervention in this crisis.

The Captain thought to herself..."This planet needs a name." She felt it wasn't a decision she wanted to make by herself. The following day, at the mid-day meal, with all the crew gathered she made this announcement. " My dear friends and crew. I suddenly realized that this planet we are destined to call home has no name. It may very well have a name, since there are inhabitants here that we haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. I'd like to enlist all of you in helping to decide a name. Please send me a Personal Message with your suggestions. { That's a P.M. :) }

This is almost exactly what I picture an Allussia race being like.

Click for Spoiler:

623-291-5.jpg

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

I love it!!!! :) :) :) :) We're gonna get killed :) :huh: j/k

Icheb and Naomi along with Neelix and the Captain, with much prompting from Neelix, decided to take some Allussia out onto the desert to determine the course for the race. Tom and B'lanna were very excited about the up coming race and asked to join them. 7 of 9, overhearing them talk about it, asked if she could also join them. They walked to Voyager to choose their mounts. Naomi immediately went to Maggie and tied a long piece of pink ribbon around her neck. Icheb went to Haggie, who seemed to pick him out, instead of the other way around. Tom, B'lanna, Neelix, 7 and The Captain had never attempted to ride one before this.

Haggie always seemed to enjoy 'sneaking' up on Icheb and butting him gently in the back with his head. Maggie always gave Naomi soft, lip banging, kisses on the top of Naomi's head. Which Naomi quickly returned on Maggie's' long snout. The Captain walked around through the herd trying to find just the right Allussia for the race. The Captain at one time rode horses back in Iowa, so riding was familiar to her. Neelix, Tom and B'lanna also walked through the herd, acting brave. But obviously nervous. They had never riden anything before. Neelix found one to his liking, a pretty young female. He walked around her, pet her and talked to her. She seemed to like Neelix.

The Captain's mount found her. A large female that seemed to act as the Matriarch of the herd. She gave The Captain a few sniffs and then whispered something that only The Captain heard but whatever it was it made her laugh. Getting down on it's knees the Allussia waited patiently as The Captain climbed up, sat down and put her arms around her mount's neck.

Tom tried to pick B'lanna's out for her which was met with an arguement.

This yelling scared the Allussia and most of them backed away from the both of them. A young female came right up to them as they were fighting and butted Tom right in his backside. B'lanna laughed as he rubbed his sore behind. She stroked the fur on the neck of her new friend.

While now, Naomi, Icheb, Neelix and the Captain were up on their chosen Allussia, they waited for Tom and B'lanna to stop their scwabbeling and join them.

Finally, after much discussion they chose and mounted them and joined the others.

They began trotting out past the lake and out onto the open desert, away from Gardenia. Icheb, Naomi and the Captain in the lead. Neelix, holding on for dear life was right behind them. 7 was doing very well for her first time. She stayed behind with Tom and B'lanna, laughing and obviouly enjoying herself. All three were trotting at a much slower pace and a large rift formed between them. The Captain took to riding her Allussia like she had been doing it all her life. She tried to give Neelix some help. "Don't hold on so tight. The Allussia isn't going to let you fall off." She told Neelix.

When suddenly, out of no where, a large flock of those enormous birds appeared and the Allussia paniced. Tom and the Captain both pulled out their phasers and began shooting up into the flock. Hitting at leat ten of them, they fell to the sand, the remainder of the flock flew off cawing and screeching. Neelix, wiping his brow, looked at the dead birds lying on the sand and said "DINNER!!

I wonder if they're edible?" Neelix commented. He did his best to try and dismount but ended up falling off of his mount. "Neelix, get back up, let's go back now, it's getting very hot out here." Naomi said to the Captain. "No, Naomi, we have to find a landmark for the race. The next time we come out here we have to be able to find something we can use in the race. People just can't be running around out here with no landmark to tell them where to turn and go back."

"Mr. Neelix, I heard that you showed interest for landmarks in the race?" said Seven in sickbay. Neelix had a few scratches but nothing serious. "I may be of assisstance. A topographic representation of the are may be suficient. Meet me at 0800 hours in Astrometrics for the map and an explanation of the rendering. I will give you a list of recommended geographic features. I also may be assistance in setting up holographic markers, trackers, and detectors for such a race. Checkpoints could be made at these landmarks. If you need me, I will be regenerating."

The Captain met with 7. They looked over the map for an elevation of some sort. They found one. "Here, 7 look." 7 looked at the map. "That'll work Captain. It's not in the direction we rode out in yesterday it's a bit more West isin't it?" 7 asked. " Yes, but at this point, what's the difference? 7, do you think we could make a flagpole out of something and raise the American flag out there as a marker?" Asked the Captain. " A flag?" 7 repeated. "Good idea, I'll get right on it." 7 answered.

I am glad you guys are enjoying yourselves

But there is not much that Tom or I can do here :blink:

Are we dismmissed so that you three can have your own little party?

While he was working in the fields Icheb stopped to take a drink of water from the pouch he carried at his waist. Neelix was in the same field *buttocks* Icheb looking for any vegetables that were ripe enough to harvest so he could add them to his menu for the day. Taking a long drink from the pouch. Icheb replace the cap and stuck it back in his belt. Just then he saw B'lanna storm off towards Voyager. "What's wrong?" Icheb asked Neelix. Neelix looked up from a tomato plant he was examining and shrugged. "I'm not sure. I think she's going to find Tom Paris. No one's been able to keep track of him for days." Neelix guessed. "She's probably going to use the ship's sensors to find him." Icheb shrugged and went back to his section of field.

The Captain and Neelix decided that the landmark for the race should be a flag on a tall pole. "We don't have a flag, do we Captain?" The Captain thought for a minute then said. " No, but you know what? B'lanna is very artistic, maybe she could come up with a design and make us a flag. What do you think Neelix? Should I ask her?"

"Replicator, flag." said seven. "Please specify design." "Federation with Voyager NCC number." *replicator hums and lights flash* *flag appears* "Please replicate 2 more" *hums and flashes again and again* two flags appear* "replicator, holographic emmitter alpha seven of nine, 3 please" *hums* *they appear*

The settlement is named 'Gardenia'  BECAUSE it began as a garden for the Captain's two dozen coffee plants, hence the name GARDEN-IA, 'GARDENIA'.

Belmont.jpg

How about this for a flag??? :blink:

"I will change the design to compensate and make necessary adjustments to the emitters. One emmitter will be present at the finish Line and one at the starting line. Or is the alternative starting and finishing at the same juncture?"

"So what your suggesting 7 is a hologram of a flag? What a great idea." The Captain said. "Can you and a couple of the crew set up the mobile emmiters? You'd have to ride out there on the Allussia before the race. Do you want to set up a water depot out there for the riders?" The Captain asked 7. "Also 7, take some imagers out there with you and get some images for all of us. OH, and maybe set up some sort of shelter from the sun too. What do you think?"

::looks at Tom::

"Lets go home"

She says as she exites camp

::She spits at an Alussa as she passes by::

::Tom confused follows here::

Whats a matter sweetheart? he asks

::Chacotay,Silent in all efforts..follows them,,Some of the maqui crew follow::

As they exit camp,Torres notices she is being followed but she doesn't care...As they approuch thier abode she lays down the law.

I am sick of this she begins..She includes Chacotay and many others

Thats how i want to begin a new colony

::B'elanna is pissed she is not being included::

::Chackotay is tired that his command is being squandered::

::Tom is just plain tired::

Did we get included with the talks with the Allussa?she contunies standing on a crate

NO

Did we get to choose the Name of our new home?

NO

Instead we get work work and more work!

: :They want voting rites

and to establish a Government

they all think that Janeway is a great Captain but can she make a good leader?::

She was a great Catain..I would die for her,But to establish a fair colony we must have equal voting rights

Establish different colonies to establish trade!

Maybe even Rebuild voyager! Says Tom..I am sure a couple of us can use the Delta Flyer to get Supplys from other Worlds to rebuild..or even purchase a new ship!

Whos with me?

This is no Mutiny Folks

Just a wake up call

we must band together as a colony..Because all we have is eachother

"Captain, All holo emmitters are online and a shelter with solar power panel roof is ready. I have prepped all trackers on the allussia. Tracking of crew will be by combadges. Shelters have food replicators. A shuttle with the Doctor and I will be on standby for any serious injuries. We will monitor all activity."

The course for the race has been determined. Marker poles have been put into the ground to guide the participants. For the week before the race, the crew have been selecting the Alussia they will ride and can be seen trotting and running the course for practice. Many of the Allussia have been decorated with ribbons, braids and jewelry from the crews own possessions. Numbered panels have been replicated by 7 and a list of riders and their numbers have been recorded. Now the 'piece de resistance', The Prizes. Neelix has been very careful in recruiting a few helpers and sworn them to secrecy about the grande prize. But there has been some sort of construction going on next to the lake well into the wee hours of the morning in the dark, with only lanterns for light. The work has been carefully covered with a large tarpoline during the day and two sentrys are there at all times to make sure nobody peeks. :blink: As the day of the race approaches everyone in Gardenia is excited and take every opportunity to ride their chosen Allussia. They still return every night to their nest under Voyager but during the daylight hours many wander back over to the perimeter of Gardenia to wait for their new Masters to give them greens from the gardens. Baby Jaz is nearly half grown now and has all but taken up residence with Tuvok, they are nearly inseperable. The Allussia have totally integrated with the crew now. They have all been given names and distiguishing decoration.

Still some of the crew have taken an Allussia, named them and dressed them but haven't made the final decision to enter the race. But Neelix and the Captain are sure that as the day of the race draws closer they will enter their names on the list.

This is Baby Jaz, Tuvok took the image :blink:

pele.jpg

He's too little to race.

Only Seven of Nine took exception to the race as a precaution to the racers. She will be one of the official judges and will be impartial because of her separated role from the racers. An infared multiphasic scanner and time lapse frame by frame analysis of the finishing will ensure a fair impartial judging of the finish. All racers will start with hooveson the starting line. No performance enhancing drugs may be used on the alllusia. Please note that holographic emmitters will be set up along the path in order to maintain direction. Furthermore, neither attacks on the rider or the animal may be attempted. If such contact occurs or is attempted, Seven of Nine will immediately transport the allusia and the mount to the shelter and the rider will be disqualified.

As you can see 7 is taking the race very seriously. "Good Job 7." The Captain said. :blink: :blink: :blink:

This is Baby Jaz, Tuvok took the image :blink:

pele.jpg

He's too little to race.

:blink: :blink: :hug: What a hairy little dude, for a hot planet, of all places! :) ^_^ B)

Seven ran a diagnostic of the sensors. Everything was ready to go. She went back to Cargo Bay 2 to regenerate. Tomorrow the race would begin.