Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Severe allergies

Are you severely alllergic to anything??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you severely alllergic to anything??

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • I don't know
    • probably not
    • probably yes

I'm severly allergic to Mosquito and other bug bites...

What about you?

I am not severely allergic to anything. I am, however, allergic to (are you ready?) fireworks. It is true; I need an inhaler before I go to any Independence Day or Jour de Bastille celebrations. I go to both every summer so...

Nope i have no problems with anything like that but most of my family are allergic to penicilin.

Jour de Bastille celebrations.

Aside from waiter races in downtown DC I've never heard of a city celebrating this. What do they do?

Oh, and no severe allergies as in anaphylactic shock...but lots of minor ones as in increased histamine.... household cleaners, every outdoor plant in Florida, perfume, chocolate, sugar, dairy products, nuts .... and newspaper (ink or paper - not sure)

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

<_< Cigerette smoke and dust. I had a lady customer come in to make a purchase today and I had to ask a co-worker to take over the sale, she just smelled so strongly of cigerette smoke that I had a head-ache for several hours after she had left. Why on earth would anyone want to smell like that and have it in their hair, clothes, and on their breathe is beyond me. Dust is another problem and I have to keep a air purifier going in my home and bathe the dog often.

Edited by BlueCrystal

I'm severly allergic to Mosquito and other bug bites...

What about you?

I have a severe skin allergy to vinegar (mainly anything with Acetic acid in it...or acetate in general. So no Vitamin E on my skin either- it is tocopheryl acetate). It burns my skin. It stinks because I like ketchup, and tomato sauces and those have vinegar in it. So when I eat that stuff I have to be very very careful. I can eat the stuff, but cannot get it on my skin is all.

Ammonia bothers my skin almost in the same way vinegar does.And if I ever have to have another surgical proceedure done, I cannot let the nurses or surgeon use betadine (an iodine based antiseptic). I had a reaction similar to what I have happen if vinegar gets on my skin.

THose are the severe ones.. less severe is:

-Cigarette smoke - and my dad refuses to ever quit smoking <_<

-Chalk dust (similar reason to the smoke...but it has to be a large amount of dust before it bothers me. And as a former upper level gymnast, I have been around lots and lots of chalk dust.)

-And apparently bee or wasp stings, I never was allergic before. But in the last couple of years I have been stung and had a pretty bad reaction to them. Not anaphylatic shock..not that severe, but bad reactions nonetheless.

-And certain perfumes or colognes can irritate me.. make my eyes burn and water, and make me sneeze.

-Medication wise... I usually try my best to avoid medications taht contain antihistamines.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I have mild seasonal allergies, nothing an over the counter anti-histamine can't fix. I might be allergic to sulfur (sulfate?) drugs (you know, that type of antibiotic...) because almost everyone on my mom's side of the family is, but I've never been prescribed any so I don't know...

every outdoor plant in Florida

Really, UH??

I am sure you have probably seen this too.. the green pollen that blankets everything in (especially) the early spring.

<_< The stuff that you run your car through a car wash, and then a half a day to a day later you need to wash your car again because it has coated it again.

It is about the same time that that stuff starts appearing that I will have at least one minor cold (probably is more like allergies, who knows?)

Edited by Yillara_Soong

:blink:

I am also allergic to cigarette and any smoke as I cough...

I am allergic to Penacillin

Same here. And several other medicines, including almost every painkiller on the market...

I have a latex allergy. I got it because of the gloves we have to wear at work. It started 5 years ago as just a bit of itching on my hands after I had worn gloves.

I was stupid as I did not go to the Doctors I just kept going until the skin on the backs of my hands started to break down, it was so sore and my hands kept bleeding.

By then I knew what it was, I went to the doctors and he referred me to the hospital. The consultant there said I must never come into contact with latex again because the allergy was getting worse and eventually it may lead to anaphylaxis.

This is not good as i'm a nurse so I have to go around with my own box of gloves and gloves in my pockets because I can't risk being caught up in an emergency situation and having no gloves.

Aside from waiter races in downtown DC I've never heard of a city celebrating this. What do they do?

Bastille Day is France's independence day. I am usually in France at that time (July 14) so I celebrate it.

Bastille Day is France's independence day. I am usually in France at that time (July 14) so I celebrate it.

Oh, I thought you meant there was someplace in the US that celebrated it.

Pollen

Dust

Pet dandruff

That's all I can think of. My allergies are worse in the Spring and Summer.

I have no idea if I am alergic to anything. I never have had a reaction.

But when I put on some Papaya moisterizer, I did get very itchy and red. I had to wash it off immediately. Was that being allergic?

I seem to be quite lucky bcasue im not allergic to anything.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:theforce:

My severest allergy is to sulfur and sulfric medication. I cannot drink wine that has sulfur until it has been air out. I will get a very serve headach is I drink it right away. Sulfric medication just l get very sick with bright red rash.

Edited by Odie

I'm allergic to the antibiotic Keflex. I'm also allergic to bees and makeup. Bees make me swell up like a balloon and cause a rash. Things like makeup and hairspray make my skin breakout in rashes. My nose runs all the time as well, espcially when I'm around grass.

Edited by Vulcan IDIC

I am severly allergic to Peanuts. I get anaphylactic shock and possibly die

I'm not severely allergic to anything that I know of, but I am allergic to aspirin and cats and something in popsicles and certain brands of chewing gum gives me coughing fits. My brother is severely allergic to wasp and bee stings. The last time he was stung on the face and his eyes swelled shut. :bow:

I'm not severly allergic as in something being fatal for me, but there are things I'm allergic to, like Nutrasweet (aspratame) which gives me a headache and stomache ache. I can't be around cigar/cigarette smoke, and some perfumes and heavy chemical cleaners because then I can't breath. I also avoid hot dogs and processed lunch meats because the chemicals they are processed with make me sick...

Well I might be allergic to penicillin, and I was allergic to some stuff they had in the whooping cough vaccine, so I couldn't have that. I have loads of allergies against grass and tree pollen, house dust mites, cat hair, dog hair, probably human hair as well :blink: