Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

What role do you think you play?

In any community, every member plays a specific role. in nature, there are predators, prey, bacteria, and plants that all play a critical role in the community. with Humans, you have Merchants who provide goods and services, Police to maintain order, Firefighters and Paramedics and Doctors and Nurses for emergencies, Lawyers and Judges for matters of law, and soldiers for protection. We too, here at Startrekfans.net are a community. so my question is, What role do you play in this community? But before you respond, think about it.

Me, personally, I see myself as the person who is willing to say his mind, and often has no problem saying what others are probably thinking, but cannot themselves say for various reasons. I also see myself as something of an odd cross of a student and a teacher. at times, I can be presenting something new to people, and teaching them something they never new, and the next moment, I can myself be reading something and learning something new. I also see myself as filling the role of the warmonger, and I came unto this role through a combination of concious decisions and the consequences thereof.

My role is that of STF's #1 poster with over 7,000 posts. I also post technical briefings and dissect posts when I feel it's appropriate. I guess you could say I'm STF's Trexpert. :P

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I'm a science and technology guy and games person...

And republican and conservative "party chairman"

I really don't know my role...I just hang around, not as much as most of

you.....I see myself as the cheerleader :P :clap::clap:

because I feel so entertained by most of you...... :P

Stardate:214276.1

Me, personally, I see myself as the person who is willing to say his mind, and often has no problem saying what others are probably thinking, but cannot themselves say for various reasons.

I think I kinda fit into that role as well somewhat.Although not to the extent of EJP.I think that Jim is the ruler of that category :P .

Besides that I see myself as the inbetween guy I guess.The teenager who is maybe a little more mature than his age suggests and in extreme situations tries to be the peacekeeper.

EDIT TO ADD:Oh yeah and I am the resident Baseball expert and fantic! :clap:

Edited by Goose

I don't really know what role I play. What do you think?

Edited by thedoctor

Good question. I really don't know how I fit into this community. I became a member last month. The only thing I know if someone has any questions I will try to find the answer internet.

Please don't tell me you are that crazy person who almost feed his son to a crocodile. I can hear all crocodiles mothers around the world say that was a bad decision.

Obviously, as appointed Head Cheese of the ' Grammar Police ' :P , won't comment on how that's going though :bow:

I do have a reputation of kind of a ' seed planter', starting new thread topics that cause controversy, sometimes :P

' The Wailing Wall' could also be a term used to descibe my roll. Crying on here sometimes for days at a time. :clap:

Socrates and Plato might want to move over just a tad when I get to philosophising, :( But mostly it's ' just my opinion :( :nono:

Getting myself into trouble sometimes, not meaning to, :clap: could be labeled an ' Outlaw' :) of sorts. Although no money has changed hands yet ;)

Everyone here thinks I'm funny, so I guess I'm the local comedienne. But I perfer to think of myself as the local crazy girl.

Everyone here thinks I'm funny, so I guess I'm the local comedienne.  But I perfer to think of myself as the local crazy girl.

Don't worry QSMB. You will always be crazy to me. :P

I am the girl who comes here because she cannot seem to find her place in real life and used the internet as an escape. You guys are all so nice here! :P Special thanks to Jeanway and Romulan Commander!

I'm a debater, I take fun in debate and use it to show my intellect and also to learn from other to help shape my future views in a hopefully more productive way then the majority of people in the past.

I also am a very happy person and a complimenter for when compliments are dry for others I shall supply.

Hm, I guess I'm the "obsessed-with-an-actor" one in here.  :P

OH, Man! I'm obsessed with Everyone in here. :clap: Told you I have problems :clap:

Please don't tell me you are that crazy person who almost feed his son to a crocodile.  I can hear all crocodiles mothers around the world say that was a bad decision.

He did NOT! :P

Hm, I guess I'm the "obsessed-with-an-actor" one in here.  :clap:

You are not the only one. I, after all, am obsessed with Spock. :clap: :P

Hm, I guess I'm the "obsessed-with-an-actor" one in here.  :clap:

You are not the only one. I, after all, am obsessed with Spock. :clap: :P

^ I double that :P

I believe my role is that of the NX-01 Crew Manifest keeper. Of course, I believe I could also be considered the "Thread-killer" or the "Ignored topic starter".

My role is the crazy chick with the colorful text who reads everybodys personal logs.

I thought it was sex symbol :P