Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lubak10

Lubak10's Log

Thanks Ace!

1-12-05

I hate finals! Today was Astronomy and British Literature. Astronomy was pretty easy. I made sure I was very prepared for that one because my parents know I like the subject so if I get a bad grade then I'm dead. But I'm not worried cause I talked to my teacher and he said that the worst grade I could get is a C+, and that's if I fail the final. I'm sure I didn't fail so I assume my grade is in the B, B+ range.

Brit Lit was a completely different story. It was really really really really really really really really really really really really really really *takes deep breath* really really hard! I was ok until I got to the "fill in the blank." I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out who wrote "The Rape of Lock" (Pope did), and couldn't figure it out. I left about half the sheet blank. Luckily there were lots of other sections that I'm fairly confident I did well on.

Tomorrow I'm not worried about cause it's Economics and Law. The way Econ is taught at my school, it's an easy A class. The final should be easy. In Law we already took the final so all we're going to do during the final period is watch Runaway Jury. Definitely no studying needed there.

1-15-05

I am so frekin excited! I just found out that I will be able to go to SpringHill for 3 weeks! I am so ecstatic and excited and amazed that I can hardly contain myself! I thank God so much for giving me this opportunity! I can't wait!

1-22-05

There is an insane amount of snow here! Me, my sister, and my Dad shoveled about 1 foot off our driveway this morning and there is already another inch there. My cat Thor loves the snow. He was outside playing in it when we were shoveling. It was so cute to watch him jump in the snowbank, sink into the snow, then crawl his way out. I was disappointed because I wanted to go to the bookstore but the snowplows haven't gotten to this part of town yet, so there's no way I'd be able to get there. I suppose it's not the end of the world. I still haven't read about 1/3 of the books on my shelf, but buying books is so much fun that i keep doing it.

Luckily we were already planing to stay inside. We're painting our basement walls. Last weekend my parents ripped up the carpeting and put a tile floor down. I don't know what colors they chose but I'll be sure to put up pictures when we're done.

1-22-05 part 2

I think I figured out why I'm so reluctant to talk to people about Jesus. Stereotype says that Christians are naive, close minded people who want all the gays to die. Calling me naive and close minded is one of the worst things someone could call me. You can call me a jerk, a freak, stupid, annoying, ugly, whatever. But I would hate to be thought of as naive and close minded. That's my little revelation for the day.

1-24-05

They say the first step in concurring a problem is admitting you have one, so here it is. I am addicted to books. *gasp, scream, woman faints* I love to read. I can't get enough of books. I have a "To Read" list that's 48 books long, (I own a good number of the list) and I still go out and look for books to add. Not only that but I keep going out and buying more that even aren't on the list! It gets expensive. I know what you're thinking. "Why don't you go to the library? Those books are free." You would think that the library would be my favorite place in the world, but it's not. I think it's cause I have to give the books back when I'm done. I don't like that. If I read a book then I want it for all eternity so I can read it whenever I want. The only reason I'm going to the library to get my first library card since I was reading books like The Babysitters Club (Those were my dark days!) is because I can't afford to keep buying every book for book club, especially since it's not for sure that I will like it. My mom has always wanted me to go to the library. My dad never pushed me cause he has the same problem and understands. They probably wont believe me when I say I want to borrow the car to go to the library.

1-26-05

My mom let me have the car today so I could pick up my sister after her volleyball practice, so I went to the bookstore after school. Mostly because I could. I saw a book by Alfred Bester and I'd read some of his short stories before and liked them so I bought the book. This is my conversation with the guy behind the counter:

Him: damn you Alfred Bester!

Me: What?

Him: *motions to the book* damn you Alfred Bester!

Me: Why?

Him: He's a horrible author! You can't tell me you like him.

Me: I've read some stuff by him and so far I like him.

Him: Well that's your opinion.

Me: Yes it is and I'm sticking to it.

Him: That's good, but I still hate him.

It was a very random and interesting encounter. He wasn't being as hostile as he sounds, though. He wasn't criticizing me for choosing the author but the author himself. But it was still kinda random.

2-3-05

I love Rent! I got the soundtrack a few weeks ago and have been listening to it non-stop since. I've almost got all the words to La vie Boheme. *gets up and starts dancing and singing like crazy to La vie Boheme*

We started reading Pride and Prejudice in Brit Lit. I've read part of Emma and liked it so I'm looking forward to reading this. The only bad thing is we need to log. My teacher gave us this sheet that's got sections for "main idea, themes" and other annoying stuff like that that we need to keep track of. Why can't we just read the book? That would be fun.

2-6-04

I finally cleaned my room! It was getting so bad that even I was disgusted to be in there. I figure when I get disgusted then it's way beyond the "bad" point and into the "even the bugs wont go in there" category. Now the challenge is to keep it clean.

Yesterday I called the youth minister and a local church cause I want to join this youth group called Crosswalk. The one at my church isn't very good and a lot of my friends go to this one and say it's awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to do it.

There was something else I wanted to write about. What was it? I hate it when this happens!

Christianity is a new age religon. Religion in general is the release of faith and how your values effect you. Personally, to me being a Christian is not about wearing crosses or carrying your bible everywhere. As long as god loves you for who you are why should it matter.

2-17-05

I'm starting this thing today called the 30 hour famine. It's where me and and some of my friends don't eat for 30 hours to get a taste (no pun intended) of what people in third world countries go through. We also get donations to send to the organization that started 30 hour famine and they'll use it to help the people in those countries. Tonight there is going to be a potluck before we start fasting and it should be fun. The hard part of this is I'll be home all alone tomorrow cause I have a day off school so if I eat, no one will know. I can't think of anything else to day so I'm going to end this now.

2-22-04

I love 5 day weekends. Something about the day trips to the bookstore, listening to show tunes, and generally doing nothing makes life very relaxing. I am definitely not looking forward to waking up at 6am and going to school tomorrow.

Unfortunately the thought of school tomorrow made me realize that there are things that I needed to get done. I sent emails to the admissions offices of Northern Michigan and Spring Arbor asking for applications and information. I also asked about scheduling a campus visit. No later then an hour after I sent the email I got a phone call from Northern asking me when I wanted to come. Unfortunately the parental units weren't home (what am i saying!?!?! That's not unfortunate!) so I have to wait till they come home so we can talk about when we can visit. I also want to talk to them about letting me go to this overnight thing going on at Spring Arbor. It's basically a peek into what college life is like and I think it will be fun. It will also help me decided if I want to go to a Christian college. I dislike this whole process. I just want to be at college now.

2-25-05

I'm so proud of my friend, Jessie! She finally decided to quit smoking! It's been about three days since her last cigarette and this morning she came in with cake for everybody. Apparently she needed to keep her hands busy last night so she baked three cakes. I'm not sure why she decided to quit but I'm glad she did.

I've got lots of work to do this weekend. I haven't written any logs for Brit Lit (i do the reading, just not the logs) and log #3 is due Wednesday. Plus I've got to work on my 6 week project for that class. It's not due for another three weeks but I need to keep working. Plus I've got a couple books I want to finish off. Ok....that's not as much work as I thought it was, but oh well. At least I'll have an excuse not to hang out with the family this weekend. We're going to my uncle's house cause it's his birthday tomorrow and family gatherings have never been my thing. I should go make his cake.

3-1-05

I'm not sure weather I like snow days or not. I don't have to go to school but I just got in from shoveling snow for 1 1/2 hours. When there's a good six inches on the ground that's not much fun. My choir teacher wont be very happy. District Festival is tomorrow and we lost a day of practice. He'll be a nervous wreck.

I'm so excited! I found season three of Babylon 5 for $50.00 on Amazon instead of the usual $80.00. I promised myself that I would never buy a season pack but Babylon 5 isn't on the air anymore and I miss it. I own the first episode on DVD but you can only watch one episode so many times. I'm going to buy it as soon as I can get the money deposited into my checking account.

I should go finish my logs for Pride and Prejudice. Angie is obsessed with that book and it's getting annoying. She's almost done and she keeps telling me what happens after I repeatedly tell her not to. It's gotten so that when ever she comes up to me and says "guess what," I have to run the other way so the ending wont be spoiled. I like the book too and want to find out what happens because I read it, not because she told it to me. But she's never been very good at listening.

3-3-05

I started watching this movie that I taped called Legends of Earthsea and I love it! I can't wait to get the book! It's kinda a mix of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, but better. It's so freaking cool! I need to go do my homework now. I just wanted to rant a bit before I started.

Yes thank God! There is finally someone else here that likes Legend of Earthsea as well I think for it being equal to Lord of the Rings but better. I want to read the book as well. The special effects are to die for lol.

3-4-05

I feel like the world's biggest jerk. I was sitting in my living room after school just thinking and I realized that I am completely indifferent to everyone in my life. I even dislike some of my friends. The only reason I hang out with them is because I don't want to be the loser that sits alone at lunch and goes to the movies by herself, and I hate myself for that. No one deserves to be treated like that. To be hung out with just because I don't want to look bad. I can't believe I'm doing something so mean to them! And I've been doing it for over five years (11 in Angie's case). I also don't care about my family. There are times when I'm physically repulsed by their touch, and they've done nothing to deserve it. Maybe it's just because I like to be alone all the time. 9 times out of 10 when I'm with people I want to be alone. I am such a jerk! But what am I supposed to do about it? I can't keep lieing to them but I don't want to be with them either. This sucks!

3-9-05

*does crazy happy dance* I'm so excited! I just bought season 3 of Babylon 5 on DVD for $55.00! How awesome is that! *continues happy dance*

3-11-05

If there was any doubt about me being a loser before, those doubts are now gone (keep in mind that I'm saying all this in a light-hearted way). Jessie and a few of her friends are starting an all girl Dungeons and Dragons group and even though I have no idea how to play she invited me to come check it out. She said that out of the people that I hang out with she thinks that I'd be the most open to trying it. I don't know for sure if I'm going to do it or not, but I'll definitely go to the first meeting to see what it's all about. Plus it will be a chance to hang out with Jessie. Book club kinda dissolved so I don't see her that often.

I'm so glad it's Friday! This week was sooooooo long! Me and the bums are going to Schulers tonight after I drop off my sister at the middle school for her choir festival. I'm going to see if I can find the first book in either the Technomages series or the Psi-Corps series.

3-12-05

Thanks xXTrekkieCaraXx

I had so much fun last night! Angie, Melissa and I went to Schulers for about 3 hours and I found the first of the Techomage series *does happy dance*. I looked at the companion books to Voyager and DS9 while Melissa looked at a book about Rent and Angie read one of the sequels to Pride and Prejudice. There was a lot of talk too, mostly about how cool Angel is and how much we hate Wickham. After a while we got hungry so we went to Sahara's for some hummus and pita bread, which the guy there gave to us for free. We didn't want to go home yet so we drove around a bit looking for a place to eat it. We went to Target to see if it was still open (it's about 10:15 at this point) so we could go to the mini food court that's in the store, but it was closed. So we just parked in the parking lot at ate the hummus there. It was fun! We stayed there for 15-30 minutes then, somehow, the subject of squeegee man came up (in one of the songs in Rent there's this dude who holds a squeegee and says "honest living, honest living" and looks really creepy) and suddenly we got these images of him popping up next to one of the windows and got creped out and left. We couldn't think of anything else to do so I dropped them off and went home to watch StarGate Atlantis.

3-15-05

I just had my first day of practice and I hurt so bad! We worked on the lower body and my legs are screaming "WHY! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!" Tomorrow is upper body work. This will definitely help me loose weight! Instead of going home and eating I'm going to the weight room with the team and working out. I can't wait till the actual golf starts.

I dont like golf much i find it to be a boring sport but I love babylon 5 i don't know alot of people who like the show as much i do i love delenn the minbari so remind me of the Bajorians!

I never realized that you had to work out to play golf???

310560[/snapback]

you need lower body strength to walk around a 6 mile course with a golf bag on your back, and upper body strength helps you hit the ball farther. It's not necessary but it helps a lot!

I find golf extremely boring to watch, but so much fun to play. You have to be so focused b/c if you even do the tiniest thing wrong the shot sucks. It's the only sport i know of that is relaxing and frustrating at the same time.

I can't believe I finally found someone who likes B5! It's certainly not for lack of looking. If you can't tell, G'Kar is my favorite character, but many others aren't far behind.

3-22-05

If there is one thing that I could change about myself it would be stopping myself from freaking out the week before a project is due, even if there is no reason. I've got this six week project due Thursday, and I'm totally on top of it. Very little left to do. But I'm am still a hairs breath away from nervous breakdown. I'm going to have to stop myself from skipping golf practice to work because there would be no reason for it.

Speaking of golf practice! I love golf! Unfortunately we haven't been doing any actual golfing yet cause it's still to cold (stupid Michigan) but we've been working out in the weight room which is fun. I might start going there after school off season instead of going home and just doing the boring treadmill. i have to go do my math homework now.

3-25-05

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!! I thought the weekend would never get here! Today and yesterday felt so long because of the MEAP (the MEAP is a standardized test that juniors in Michigan have to take). The principal has the schedule worked so that juniors don't miss the same class every day for a week, so I started today with 4th period and ended it with 3rd. It feels like two days have passed cause I didn't get to leave after 6th period.

I was thinking about what you said, Kevin, about men and women not being able to be close without getting involved. My first thought went to my friend John and how we're pretty close and there is no romanticness there. But then I realized that if he broke up with his girlfriend and asked me out I would be ecstatic. I hate it when you're right. But then on the other hand there's Jessie and John. They're really good friends (this is the same John, btw) but could never be involved. They would drive each other insane. So I have no idea where I stand with this. It's all so confusing.

3-27-05

I love Easter! It is most definitely my favorite holiday. My church has been under renovation for the past few months to make it pretty and they finally finished just in time for Easter. The new artwork is gorgeous and makes the church look amazing.

Tonight I'm going to a play of The Passion at a nearby church. Angie wants to go with me but she has a lot of homework and she's not sure what her family is doing for Easter dinner. She said she will call if it will work out.

This year, my mom asked if the "Easter Bunny" should bring candy or books. I said "BOOKS!" So EB brought me Legends of Earthsea, Of Mice and Men, and a one year devotional book that takes spiritual lessons from golf. How fun. I got a little bit of candy too, but not much.