Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lubak10

Lubak10's Log

5-13-04

No golf practice today. :) I would have gone to the local golf coarse and hit some range balls (my coach owns it so I get to play for free during the season! :thumbs: ) but it was raining really hard near the end of school and even though it lightened up the ground would still be soggy and that's no fun to play on.

I found this online music website thing and I got to customize my own radio station for free! i get to rate the songs so it will only play my faves! I love it! me listening to it right now. The only thing wrong is that it does the broken record thing sometimes but i think that's more my computer's fault. If anyone knows how to fix it please tell me.

Sole watchman of the flying stars, guard me against my flicker of impulse lust. Teach me to see them as [brothers and sons].

-John Berryman

5-16-04

I am so tired! I did this thing called Relay for Life this weekend and I was there the whole time and didn't get any sleep. Relay for Life is a relay to raise money for cancer research. It was 24 hrs long and I stayed the whole time. I would have gotten some sleep since we did have a cot at our tent, but it got below freezing so unless you wanted to turn into a popsicle you were either walking or sitting by the fire. I'm really glad I went, though. A few years ago my best friend died from cancer and I never got to say good-bye to her. At the relay we made luminaries in honer of people who have died from or survived cancer, and I made one to her that said good-bye. I still wish that I had said it before, but this at least gave me a second chance. It was so beautiful walking at night with the luminaries lighting up the track. The night was long and uncomfortable, every inch of my body hurts today, and I feel like I will never catch up on my sleep, but it was worth it. Good-bye Kiki, I miss you girl!

A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.

-Dr. Boyce

5-18-04

I was freaking out in 3rd hour today. I've got a chem project due friday and I've got a geography project that is normally done with 2 or 3 people that i'm doing my myself due next week. Plus I need to get my Algebra grade up or I'll have to retake the class. Once I calmed down I thought about it rationally and it will be possible for me to do it all, i just need to work hard. I'll probably be retaking Algebra anyway cause best case scenario is a C and that wont hurt my GPA as much as my current grade will and if i retake it i can probably scrape out a B. Plus, then I would have to take a math class my senior year (i really don't want to) and that will make math my freshman year of college less of a shock. And my geo project can be fun if i just calm down. I'm doing Japan, which is an awesome country, plus i get to teach the class how to make sushi. Chem still sux but that can't be helped.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed ti be no hope at all.

-Dale Carnegie

5-20-04

I feel so weird! I don't know what's wrong but it just feels like everything is different. Everything I do feels really strange and foreign, almost like its the first time I've done it, but not. It's like something is just off, but I can't tell what it is. Something's wrong, I don't know what it is but something's wrong. It's almost like I'm losing my grip on reality. Maybe it's just the stress getting to me.

Oh crap! I lost my assignment book earlier today and I just remembered that the disk that has a good portion of my Japan project was in it! CRAP! I hope I just left it in the library. I can't wait till all of this is over. I saved some of it on my computer, but if i can't find it I loose all of yesterday's and today's work.

You search me, You know me,

You see my every move.

There is nothing I could ever do,

To hid myself from You.

You know my thoughts, my fears, my hurts.

My weakness and pride.

You know what I'm going through,

And how I feel inside.

But even though you know,

You'll never let me go.

I don't deserve your love,

But you give it freely.

You will always love me,

Even though you know.

-Rebbecca St. James

5-21-04

I got into concert choir! :P :lol: ;) I'm so happy I wont have to deal with freshman anymore! Plus there will be boys, you have no idea how much I've missed boys in choir. About as much as StoBro B missed them after 2 weeks of an all girl group (hehehehehehehehehe, inside joke!). What else has been going on? I got a B- on a paper in American Lit. It's the worst grade I've ever gotten on a paper but if I fix some of the things I did wrong and hand it in again I get 10 points added, so it's all good. Oh yea! Remember how I lost my assignment book, well i just realized that not only did it have my disk in it but my certificate of completion for segment 2 of drivers ed! Do i have to go to the D.E. teacher and see if I can get another one or if I have to talk the whole pointless coarse over again! :P not fun! This has not been a good week. I can't wait till summer is here!

Never judge a book by it's movie.

5-22-04

It is almost 4am. I'm really really tired. Don't ask me why I don't go to bed. All my other friends are, which is kinda wierd cause I'm usually one of the first one's to go to sleep. Anyway, I had fun tonight. Me and two friends decided at 9pm to go to a movie, so we went to see Shrek 2, even though it had started 5 min before we got to the theatre. The movie was hilarious and the theatre was pretty full so we sat in the back on the floor. We actually could see really well and since we were way in the back on the floor we could talk and make comments without all those annoying people that shush you. It was cool. We usually go to a bookstore afterwards, cause that's just the kinda dorks we are, but we got such a late start that by the time the movie ended all the stores were closed. It was fun. I'm going to bed now. I've got to make these croissant cream cheese things for Angie's family tomorrow as a thank you for letting me keep my clubs in their garage.

A movie and boookstore with friends sounds like a good night to me, nothing too dorky about it.

5-23-04

Grrrrrrrr! I know I saved some of my Japan notes on my computer but i can't find them! Basically that means all the work I've done the past week is lost and for nothing. I've got about 3 days to find it all and put the project together. At least my teacher knows what's going on and maybe he'll sign me up for one of the later presentation dates. That'll give me a few more days to work on it. I can't wait till school is over and I don't have to worry about this sorta stuff for 3 months. *sigh*

The more difficult the task the sweeter the victory.

-Riker

5-25-04

I'm writeing this from the school computers during lunch so I'll have to come back later and edit it to put a quote in.

All my worries about my Japan project are gone. I don't have to turn the project in till the 3rd of June and I probably wont do a presentation. My teacher only has two time slots left for three groups so he asked me if I would mind not doing a presentation. I was kinda bummed cause this is a topic I like to talk about, but i said I would just turn in the written matterial. He said I could still do a poster if I wanted for extra credit and for him to use as an example for future classes, and I probably will cause I've already done some work on them. I might also still do the culture project since that's a big part of the grade. That's the part I was looking forward too cause I was going to teach the class how to make sushi. I love sushi! If you haven't tried it you're missing out (and i don't mean takeing the seaweed off and eating the insides (you know who you are!)).

These girls in my American Lit class were really getting on my nerves today. All they know how to do is make fun of people. Like today, our choir director taught us some coriography for the song we're singing and they were totally making fun of her for it. Yes the moves are cheesey but at least it's more entertaining then just standing there. I don't see them trying to make up something better. They also make fun of every song we sing. It really bugs me cause our director trys hard to find songs that she thinks we will like that will also chalange us, and all they do is make fun of it! Where are all the mature people!?!?!

If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone.

John 8:7

If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone.

John 8:7

That's one of my favorite scriptures. :rolleyes:

5-26-04

Got my yearbook today. It was really cool except for the fact that company that binded it did a horrible job. There's one section where the pages are smaller then the rest and another section where the very top of the page is cut off. Oh well. I guess it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it. Plus if this had to happen I would want it to be on my sophomore year cause sophomore year really isn't anything special. I asked Angie to get Tory's signature for me cause I wouldn't be a very good stalker if I didn't have his signature (hehehehehehehehehehehe).

What else....... I got a new assignment book and some refills for it so I can use it next year. Not much else.

If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day.

-John A Wheeler

5-30-04

It's been a while since I last posted, but not much has been happening. I'm at my grandparents right now, and I should be working on my french project (stupid french project! <_< ). I need to do some major Bible reading today cause I need to read up to 2nd Samual 18 and I'm one 3 or 4 now. Anyway, I'm bored and I'm sure now you are too.

5-31-04

No school today! I got 2 1/2 hours of drive time coming home today and about 5 or 6 total this weekend. It's not a big deal right now cause I can't get my license till August, but that much time doesn't hurt either. I wonder how much drive time i have so far? I need to go add it all up. I also need to go talk to the driver's ed teacher tomorrow to see if I can get another certificate of completion for segment two. I hope i don't have to re-take it. That class was so pointless. I learned nothing that I didn't already know from segment 1. And this time I wont have Angie there with me to make it at least tolerable.

I got a new P.O.D. cd today! I love P.O.D.! They are easily my fave band.

It's finally sunny today. For the last couple weeks it's been nothing but rain, but today is 72 and sunny! Now, you're probably wondering "why are you inside on the internet when you could be outside in the bright sun?" I'm going to go for a walk after I'm done here, I just wanted to get some water in my system before I left.

"Draw a crazy picture,

Write a nutty poem,

Sing a mumble-gumble song,

Whistle through your comb.

Do a loony-goony dance

'Cross the kitchen floor,

Put something silly in the world

That ain't been there before."

-Shel Silverstein

6-1-04

I am so happy! This morning I opened my locker and hanging there was the planer that I had lost! There was a note with it that said one of the security officers had found it in the teacher's lounge and got my combination so they could give it back. I'm so happy! I was planning on going to my driver's ed teacher on my knees begging her to give me another certificate of completion so I wouldn't have to retake the class. This takes a huge load off my shoulders.

I'd forgotten how complicated things can get in middle school. I email with my little cousin, Meghan, and she was talking today about some guy issues she's having. I wont give any details cause she asked me not to, and I'm not about to blurt her problems to hundreds of people (yea, right. like that many people read this!).

I found out that I'm going to have a really busy Sunday this weekend. I'm coming back from my grandparents early that morning and the minute I get home I have to head to the high school to go to graduation cause I have to sing as a part of choir. The minute that's over I have to go to the middle school for a People to People meeting. All this consumes 7 am to 5 pm. Then I have to study for finals the next day.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein

6-1-04

I am so happy!  This morning I opened my locker and hanging there was the planer that I had lost!

Wahoo! I had hoped it would eventually get back to you. :laugh:

Good luck with grad and finals; I'm sure it'll all go great. :laugh:

Thanks Ace, I'll need it!

6-2-04

I seriously hate my computer! For french class we have this project where we have to write a children's book, and I chose some characters from star trek (Flotter and Trevis) figuring that it would make illustrating the book easier cause all I would have to do is find pics on the internet. Not so! I found the pictures I needed just fine, but my stupid computer thinks it knows where the pics go better then I do. Hello! I'm the one with the brain! :P Grrrrrr! My mom knows how to do this sorta thing so she's gonna help me when she gets home, but that doesn't help the aggravation any, or the headache. I swear, if I didn't have regular Tylenol or Tylenol PM I don't know how I would have survived these past few weeks (or survive the week a head!). I finished my Japan project, which is a good thing. It's pretty good and my Geography teacher is a pretty easy grader, but there is still that little voice in my head telling me I could do better. I'm ignoring the voice. After school is over I'm not going to do anything that requires brain power for at least a week. All I'm going to do is play golf and hang with my friends (maybe both at the same time, how bout it ang? It's fun! :clap: ). And I get to go to my friend, Melissa's, cabin for her B-day. Fun fun! Even Angie who leaves people on their B-days gets to come :hug:.

Today's quote is one of my personal faves

The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness can be trained to do most things. :P

The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness can be trained to do most things.  :clap:

LMAO! :P So true

The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness can be trained to do most things.  :clap:

LMAO! :hug: So true

:P How very true! :P

6-3-04

Harry Potter is tomorrow! :grin: I wont get to see it cause I'm going to my cousin's since he's graduating (even though I wont get to see the actual ceremony :grin: . I don't get it, but back to the original point). Harry Potter! But if you think I'm excited you should see Angie! She screamed when she saw Ron and Hermione hold hands in the preview. I don't like the new Dumbledore though. He just doesn't have the same Dumbedoreness that the old one had. Oh well. I'll live and it's not like there's anything the director can do about it.

Today was the seniors' last day, but they didn't go out with a big blast. They didn't even do a prank, which surprised me. There are a few seniors I know that, to them, the prank would be the best part of the year. Come to think of it the whole end of the year has been like that. It just creeped up on me. I've got the first part of my Algebra final tomorrow and finals officially start on Monday. The only reason I'm doing part of the Algebra final tomorrow is cause it's scheduled for Wednesday which is a half day, which means less time to do it. Wow, I've only got 3 1/2 days of school left! Like I said, it just kinda creeped up on me. On the last day of school me and some of my friends are going out for froooooozen cusssssssssterd and then maybe we'll see a movie or something. I need to call Al to see if she can come back that day.

No more projects! I finished both my french and my geography projects yesterday, and they were pretty good, if I do say so myself. But I'm glad I had my mom look over my geography cause there was a lot of grammatical errors that i missed cause I was working to fast. In one place I put studding instead of studying, and I also put "Japan land" in one spot instead of just "Japan." :grin: . That's what I get for working my brain so hard.

What else is going on.....? I got my letter for choir! I'm going to get a jacket in the fall and hopefully I'll have a letter for golf next year.

If you laugh a lot, when you get older your wrinkles will be in the right places.

-Andrew Mason

6-4-04

The first part of my math final went fine, it seemed really easy, but I've thought that before and I end up with a C. I hate math!

I'm leaving for my cousins in about 45 minutes, and I should be packing, but oh well. I hope I'll have time to study for my chem final cause if I don't I'm screwed.

Anything else? Nope. Wow my life is boring!

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

-Robert Frost

6-6-04

I'm back! My cousin, Kyle's, open house was fun even though I had to leave half way through it so I'd be able to get some studying done for my chem final tomorrow. I also got a couple hours of driving time in, so that's good. While I was at the open house I started to talk to his girlfriend (who is really cool, by the way) and he walked in and the look on his face was "Oh crap! My cousin who used to beat me up is talking to my girlfriend!" It was priceless!

I went to my last People to People meeting today. I'm so excited! In just a few weeks I'll be in Europe! The only country that I've been in besides America is Canada, and that doesn't count cause I live about three hours away from the border. I'm glad I'm going on a trip like this instead of a family vacation cause I don't ever have to worry about transportation or hotels or anything like that. I still need to do some more shopping for the trip. The pants I bought earlier this year did a major shrinking job and are about two inches too short. Plus I need other little things. I should go do some more studying done. :(

Do not forget that the value and interest of life is not so much to do conspicuous things, as to do ordinary things with the perception of their enormous value.

-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

While I was at the open house I started to talk to his girlfriend (who is really cool, by the way) and he walked in and the look on his face was "Oh crap!  My cousin who used to beat me up is talking to my girlfriend!"  It was priceless!

LOL! Sorry, that just cracked me up. :(

6-7-04

Yay! I never have to think about chemistry again! No more mole bridges or titration or any of that other stuff! The final wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I am a bit worried, though, cause there were a couple I didn't know and wrong answers can add up quickly. Oh well. It's done and over with so worrying about it wont help any. My choir final was really easy, mostly cause all we did was eat pizza and watch Hope Floats (good movie!), but we should have watched "Poor Albert" (The Count of Monte Cristo for those of you who don't speak the language of the strange). I've got Geography and American Lit tomorrow. I don't have to study for Geo cause the teacher is the easyiest in the school. American Lit shouldn't be too hard as long as I review the worksheets we did this semester. I should be studying right now cause today is my mom's B-day and we're going out to dinner tonight. I made her a Black Forest cake last night and I can't wait to dig into it! Maybe I'll take a nap first. I'm so tired! I think the stress of finals is getting to me. Last night I burst into tears cause my pillow was too flat. I'm thinking the pillow was the proverbial straw on the camels back or something like that. I can't wait till it's all over.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7

6-8-04

Only 1/2 a day of school left! Unfortunately that 1/2 day contains my two worst exams! French and Algebra 2! Oh well. As long as I study i should be fine. My geography teacher, Mr. B, handed out class awards, and I got Star Trek Queen :P . Before he would give it to me he said i had to answer a trivia question, and he asked what planet Spock was from! :P If I didn't know that then I wouldn't deserve that award! His final was really easy. All we had to do was read some graphs and answer questions about them. The whole class finished in about 30 minutes.

I was driving around yesterday and I saw a boat that was named Sha Ka Ree. I thought that was awesome! It's a much better name for a boat then "the good ship Ron-Hermione". :P hehehehehehehehe. I should go study now (translation: I'm going to surf the web for about an hour then get around to studying).

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

-Abraham Lincoln

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

-Abraham Lincoln

You post some of the best quotes. Another fantastic one.

Thanks RC! I absolutely love quotes! I currently have over 300 in a journal of mine.

6-9-04

NO MORE SCHOOL! Well, at least for three months. I have never look forward to summer vacation as i have this year. Probably because this is the first year I actually studied for finals so my stress levels were bummed up about 10 notches. My french and algebra finals weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I know I didn't get an A on either of them, but I'd be surprised if I got anything below a low B. I was freaking out last night cause while I was studying for algebra I was getting everything wrong, and I didn't know why! I must have been on too much of an adrenaline high cause everything was fine during the final. Unfortunately I'll be revisiting algebra next year. I was stupid and didn't do any homework during the beginning of the year, and with math I need a lot of repetition if anything is going to stick, so I'm getting a D. I figure that it will look a lot better if I take the class twice and get a B or (hopefully!) an A, then once with a D. Plus, I talked to my counselor and she said that, if all my other grades stay up, retaking the class will raise my GPA by .2 or more. :dude: . Now all I have to think about is Europe! The reality that I'll will be there is a little more then a month has still not sunk in. It's hard to imagine anything other then the normal old summers that I'm used to. I don't get to go to SpringHill this year cause of the trip (i'm so bummed!), but this trip is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I can go to SpringHill next summer.

It's so hot and muggy here! I think summer is definitely not on my list of fave seasons. It's always too hot and too humid. The only good thing about summer is no school. Fall! Now there's an awesome season! Nice temperature, not to many bugs, incredibly pretty, and a new school year (i love the beginning of school cause everything in new and fun, but by June it's lost it's spark).

Guilt deserves my gratitude, for only such a powerful force can nudge me toward reconciliation with those I have wronged.

-Yancy

6-10-04

First full day of summer vacation! I'm leaving in about two hours to go to a friend's cabin for her birthday. It'll be so much fun since we'll also be going to Michigan Adventure. I think I'm the only one going with her of our group of friends cause i was just talking with another friend and she didn't know anything about the trip. I guess I should feel flattered that she chose me to go, but it's kinda weird. Oh well. I am severely cash poor right now, so i had my little sis (who is the best artist!) make some Homestar Runner figurines out of clay. They're a bit burned, but she'll love them.

what else is going on in my life...? Nothing. Wow, I'm boring!

If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is a part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.

- Hermann Hesse