Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lubak10

Lubak10's Log

I think I'll take a whack at this log thing.

3-27-04

I look snazzy! I just went out and bought a boatload of clothes for my europe trip this summer, and if I do say so myself, I did pretty good. With gift cirtificates and a huge sale I got about $500 worth of clothes for about $250. :clap: I can't wait till my best friend, Angie, sees me when we go to the play tonight. 99.9% of the time I wear jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie if it's cold outside. Now, I'm wearing a nice pair of kakies (i know i didn't spell that right!) and a sweat blouse. I can't belive I'm getting this feminine. Five years ago I was such a tomboy and the thought of shopping sent chills down my spine. Now I can't wait to go. Needless to say my mom likes the change. She's been waiting for this day for a long time. I have to admit though, I wasn't exactly thrilled about shopping before we left. My trip this summer is with the People to People Ambassador program so I have to wear nice clothes the whole time, and my definition of "nice" before now has always been uncomfortable stuff that pulls you every which way and resticts your movements. Oh, how I was wrong!

That's all for now. I'll try to update at least once a week and maybe make them a bit longer.

3-29-04

I was really proud of the kids at my school today. normally, I think they are a bunch of spoiled rich brats cause my district has a lot of rich neiborhoods in it, but today they actually did something really cool. A few months ago a junior died in a really bad car accident that involved both alcohol and pot so today 50 kids came to school wearing all black with they're faces painted white and they weren't allowed to talk, to show us how many kids die per day from car accidents involving drugs and alcohol. It was so weird to see. I can't go anywhere without seeing one of them. tomorrow were having this school wide presentation during 1st hour by this guy who went blind in a car crash. I have to say that I am really proud of the people who did this. I didn't think any of them cared about anything excpet dating, music and clothes.

On a bit less serious note, my best friend Angie might be getting a car! I'm so excited because her having a car is almost the same as me having one because 99.9% of the things we do, we do together. Plus I wont have to ride the bus (evil bus :dude: ) anymore! If you have ever had to ride the bus before, you understand my happiness at getting to leave it. I don't know for sure if she's getting it, it's a used car and if no one had bought it over the weekend Angie's dad was going to make the person and offer. Hopefully, no one was in a car buying mood this weekend.

4-1-04

Dude! My school has some really stupid kids! Every Friday (or thursday if we don't have school on friday, like this week) the daily announcements are on our's school tv station and one of the clips the media students did was Spring Break Trivia. One of the questions was "If you were going to California would you be able to clime Mt. Everest? The girl's answer was "No, Mt. Everest is in Washington." :frusty: <_< Washington! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Oh! That reminds me of another stupid person story. My choir director's husband, Justin (all names are changed), is the band director at another school and he was walking down the hall with some students and they happened to look in the courtyard and there was a goat in there that some teacher had brought in for some reason or another. The kids' reactions were as follows

Kid #1: Look! It's a giraffe!

Kid #2: That's not a giraffe, it's a lama.

Kid #3: It's not a lama, it's a horse.

Justin: IT'S A FREKKIN GOAT!

Come on! I mean, I know you kids live in the city but that's really sad!

Only one more day till I go to Arizona!

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!! You can all be happy now! :blush: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just spent a week in Arizona and loved it! My family and me stayed with my mom's best friend and her husband so we didn't have to go to any stupid hotel except for when we visited the grand canyon. I didn't really like the first day we were at the GC cause all we did was go to the lookout points. If I had been alone and been able to go closer then 20 feet to the edge (my mom was being very momish) I'm sure i would have cried from the shear beauty of it, but with all the people there and the momish mom, it didn't have the same effect. The second day we went hiking and that was fun. Hard, but fun. Wish I could write more but my parents think we need some more family time. :lol: I disagree but when has my opinion ever counted? :lol:

4-12-04

Didn't do much today. Lost three balls in golf practice so I was a bit bummed but it was all good when I found out that I get to sleep in on wednesday. :flex: I have a home golf invitational that starts at 9:00 so there's no point in going to school that day. That made me happy. I'm sure you're all bored now so I'll stop here.

4-13-04

Very good day! My golf game was the worst I have played in a long time but it was because I was thinking about seeing one of my friends who moved away last year. It's her spring break so she came to vist today! I'd sacrifice my game to see her any day! I was a bit bummed that I didn't get to go eat frooooooooozen cusssssssssterd ( :theforce: inside joke :unsure: ) with her but seeing her doing an irish dance to japineese techno was fun.

Golf invitational tomarrow! Don't know if I'll play or not cause I'm on the bottom of the JV pile, but I think I'll like it better that way. Then I'll get to see how all this works without actually haveing to play and worry about how much i suck!

oooohhh, That Henri!!

You know of him?

4-14-04

My golf invitational was today. Unfortuetly I didn't get to play but I was proud of my team. We won 1st in the team comptition and someone from our team won 1st in the individual compition. I just drove people to holes that were far away from the end of the last one. It was really boring and wanted so bad to go and play too! I would have stayed and hit balls on the range but I promised Angie that I would tape Gilmore Girls for her and I didn't do it last night so I had to get home to tape it tonight. I also have to do some major exorsise. I ate lots of cookies and M&Ms which isn't good weight loss food. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Curse my evil non-exsistent willpower. I thought about going on the South Beach Diet but I'm a vegitarian so I would starve!

My sister is off at play practice now. She's a middle earth minnion in The Hobbit. The directer didn't want to have to compete with the movies for special effects so she decided to make it more theaterical. The set is going to be made up of geometric shapes and the minions will also pretend to be things like trees, coat racks, things like that. I almost was on set crew but i had to quit cause of golf. I'm glad I picked golf, thought. I like it MUCH better. I should go do homework now. Not fun. I could do it tomarrow morning. Meh, I'll do at least some tonight.

Do you all know that I'm a girl? I just had a misunderstanding at another site cause Lubak10 sounds like a guy's name. I almost picked Ketay1 cause it has the same history and meaning behind it but that was already my email address and something about haveing my screen name be the same as my email bugged me. So anyway, I'm a girl!

It's ok, I've had 2 people on this board think I was a guy. I mean my name is RikerChick, I thought that made it clear. Who knows. Anyway, now everyone knows you're a girl. :(

4-16-04

hmmmmmm......what's going on today? I skiped golf practice cause I'm not feeling good, oh yah! yesterday my golf team got our team sweats. I love them! The sweatshirt is black with turquiose lettering that says (name of high school) girls golf, and the t-shirt says the same thing but on the back it says "golfers like to par-tee!"

What else.....nothing. Welcome to my life.

I think I mentioned this earlier somewhere on this board, but I collect quotes so from now on I'm going to put a quote at the end of each log because..........ummmm :flex: *yells acrossed the room* "hannah, why should I put quotes in my log? Ok, that's a good reason." Hannah says it's cause the penguins tell me too. A very hannah like statement (she's my little sis). In fact, I just might go and edit all of my other entries and put quotes in there too. The one I'm putting in here is my fave of all time and also in my sig.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Marcus Cole (babylon 5)

4-17-04

Today is a very good day. I made the decision to turn back to Jesus! :( :P :( :laugh: :P I've missed Him so much!

Today's quote is one I'm sure you have all heard before.

You can't be afraid of the wind.

-Archer

4-19-04

I am a happy Lubak! My golf swing was really crappy the last few days and I finaly got it better! Scored a 26 on three holes, which isn't bad considering I'm a newbie. I'm also happy cause I get the house to myself for the next few nights. My Dad is in California and my little sis has play practice every night for 3 hours which takes care of my mom too cause my sis is 12 and can't drive yet. So, it's all good!

A doctor who treats herself has a fool for a patient.

4-20-04

No golf today (you guys are probably sick of hearing about golf :huh: ) so I hung out at Angie's house. We watched a lot of Kingdom Hearts clips that she downloaded and ate mac and cheese.

I had something I wanted to write here. What was it????

*thinking*

*thinking harder*

*thinking really hard*

Ouch! :huh:

oh well, I think of it five minutes after i stop writing.

I'm seriously bummed out cause the juinors are takeing the MEAP test (this stupid assessment test they give us in Michigan. the only reason people take it is cause you can get money for college and they don't even give you that much) and normally all the other grades get the morning off. Not so this year. :clap: I was looking forward to going out to breakfast with my buddies and I asked my parents if they would excuse me anyway, but no such luck. Now I need to go so I can remember what I was going to write.

Behind the corpse in the reservoir, behind the ghost on the links,

Behind the lady who dances and the man who madly drinks,

Under the look of fatigue, the attack of a migraine and the sigh,

There is always another story, there is more that meets the eye.

-W.H. Auden

4-21-04

Me no feel good. :) oh well. I was kinda bummed today cause I had a really good golf game today and I was sure I'd get to play at the invitational tomorrow but my coach is only taking 5 girls so only varsity is going. Oh well, maybe next time.

This girl in my chem class was really bugging me today. She was hardly wearing anything and she was complaining that the principal made her wear clothes from the lost and found (ewww!) so she would actually have clothing on her body. I have to admit that lost and found clothes are nasty, but we're told at the begging of every year that if we're not wearing enough then that is what's going to happen. But I have to admit that I've never had much respect for her. She is a ditz that goes through guys like ice cream (sometimes two at a time!).

There are things we do not understand but they exist non the less.

-Worf

4-25-04

It's been a while since I've posted a log. Let's see.....what's been happening.

I found out i have a sinus infection. That was a lot of fun :blink: . I was really bummed out cause the day I found out was a beautiful day but I couldn't go out and play golf (yes, i'm talking about golf again). I've also been sniffling non-stop and always have to carry a packet of tissues. Of all the symtoms of being sick I think runny nose is the worst! I'm serious, it's the worst.

I got to see my little sis's play yesterday. I felt a swell of sisterly pride seeing her onstage. I would have done set crew for the play but it conflicted with golf so I quit. I'll probably do it next year when I'm not doing a sport. If so, fall is out too cause I'm thinking of doing tennis next year. I get to see the play again next week when one of my friends who moved away about a year ago is coming to visit. How Fun!

This quote is one of my faves!

If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you should go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderious, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

-Q

If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you should go back home and crawl under your bed.  It's not safe out here.  It's wonderious, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross.  But it's not for the timid.

-Q

I like that quote too. One of my favorite Q quotes. I hope you're feeling better soon..

4-26-04

Feeling MUCH better (health wise anyway). Whatever the doctor gave me is working like a charm. unfortunately, a friend of mine isn't doing so well. Her parents aren't around much cause they've both been really busy the last few months and her sister, who is around, is going through this brat phase. Plus, some of her friends don't seem to be the happyiest people in the world, and I think it's affecting her. I remember her telling me last week that it was a good week cause no one was overly depressed. Today she was really ticked off for a reason I wont post since she probably doesn't want it on the internet. I try to be the good friend :) , listen to her problems, help her out any way I can. But I feel like I should be doing more.

I just failed a math quiz today! :D :) I just can't take tests! I've done the material hundreds of times before but when I got the quiz in front of me I just blanked. I couldn't remember a thing! I hate it when that happens! I guess I just gotta hope tomorrow will be better.

Our loyalty is determined my our actions, not our words.

Kudak' Etan

4-27-04

I hate being a girl teenager! I can be feeling really happy when I wake up, really ticked off when i eat lunch, even more ticked off in the evening, then super hyper and happy when i go to bed. For no reason at all. It's quite annoying and I wish it would stop. All this up and down makes concentrating and doing school work very difficult. There are times where I want to be a vulcan more then anything else in the world. :wow:

I'm reading this really stupid and boring book in American Lit (and that's a major thing for me to say cause I love to read almost anything) called The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway and my teacher was talking to the class about forced frivolity, which is pretending to be happy and that everything is fine, and I realized that forced frivolity pretty much sums up my life. It seems like I am always pretending to be happy when all I want to do is crawl into a small corner and hide from the world. Or pretend I think a joke about someone is funny when I want to scream at the joke teller about what an insensitive jerk they are. I'm not even going to get into my family (extended and immediate) cause I'm feeling fairly calm and I want to stay that way.

The juniors at my school did MEAP today. They're gonna be doing it all this week and all next week. This makes it extra horrible for everyone else cause not only do we not get a half day off, but our schedules are all messed up so the juniors only miss one class a day. tomorrow 2nd hour is extended which mean sitting through 2 1/2 hours of Chemistry :lol: :wow: . Not fun! At least I get to watch movies in both Geography and American Lit on the days that they are extended.

Endless invention, endless experiment,

Bring knowledge of motion, but not of stillness,

Where is the life we have lost in living?

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

-T.S. Eliot

4-21-04

Me no feel good. :lol:  oh well.  I was kinda bummed today cause I had a really good golf game today and I was sure I'd get to play at the invitational tomorrow but my coach is only taking 5 girls so only varsity is going.  Oh well, maybe next time.

This girl in my chem class was really bugging me today.  She was hardly wearing anything and she was complaining that the principal made her wear clothes from the lost and found (ewww!) so she would actually have clothing on her body.  I have to admit that lost and found clothes are nasty, but we're told at the begging of every year that if we're not wearing enough then that is what's going to happen.  But I have to admit that I've never had much respect for her.  She is a ditz that goes through guys like ice cream (sometimes two at a time!).

There are things we do not understand but they exist non the less.

-Worf

who is this chem girl?

-ang

Ahhh! Angie, how did you reply under my name?????

4-28-04

Not much happened today. I had 2 1/2 hours of chemistry, but it wasn't that bad.

I finally got to play golf again after not playing since Thursday last week. But all we did was work on putting, and it wasn't much fun even though I took a stroke off my short game.

I've got a choir concert tonight that I don't really want to go to but can't get out of. We are really going to suck!

We are indeed miserable, but we don't need to be dismal about it!

Gurney Halleck

4-29-04

I scare the hell outta myself. It seems like on an almost daily basis I want to kill someone or myself. Sort of. I'm a very touchy psychopath. One person does one little thing to set me off and I imagine myself pulling a gun out and shooting them or pulling out a bunch of knifes and stabbing them to death. Sometimes it's me. All that pain inside starts to physically hurt so i imagine that I'm being beaten with big metal poles or being stabbed. Sometimes I'm the one doing the stabbing. The worst thing is that all that pain I talked about, I have no idea where it comes from. I don't come from a bad family, I'm not really poor (hell, i'm going to Europe this summer) and I have good friends (well, maybe not anymore. how does your best friend sound now ang?). Where does all this frikken pain come from?!?!?!?!? Am i just being a brat? I wish I never existed. I know if I killed myself then i would cause others pain. I don't want that. I i just never existed then my pain is gone but no one gets hurt. I'm just so scared. I want to get into a little ball and find some corner to crawl into and hide. i like being mad! I love the feeling of control I get from it! When I'm happy I start acting like a 2 yr old and say and do stupid stuff. At least when I'm mad I have some dignity.

5-3-04

Wow, I just read my last post and I think that that was my lowest point in a long time. Compared to how I'm feeling now it's almost like the girl who wrote that is a completely different girl.

I feel really good and really happy now. I bought the book Jesus Freaks on Friday and it lately changed my life. It tells the stories of some of the many people who have suffered and died because they refused to deny their love for Jesus. Reading about how much they suffered brought me much closer to Jesus. I was always afraid to talk about Him before because I thought people might think I was a naive little girl but after reading this I realized that if others can endure being burned, beaten, and tortured in many other unimaginable ways I can certainly take a bit of ridicule. Another thing that touched me was how even while being tortured these people still loved and prayed for their tormentors. I finally figured out that to be a true Christian I have to love everyone, even those who I rather live without. When I accepted this fact and made an effort to love the guy that I dislike the most at my school I felt this wave of happiness and peace. I'm so eager to witness to people and can't wait for an opportunity. In fact, I think I'll start right now.

Jesus loves you so much! If we could feel even a fraction of his love for us we would overload because it would be to much for us to handle. He died a horrible death on the cross so that you could be with Him forever in Heaven. He wants desperately to have a relationship with you! BE HAPPY, JESUS LOVES YOU! :laugh: :laugh: :wow: <_< :laugh::laugh:

That's the thing about faith, if you don't have it you can't understand it. And if you do, no explanation is necessary.

-Kira

5-4-04

Not much going on today. Went to states for choir and didn't kick butt, but we were pretty good. I was talking to Angie and she uttered a very profound statement. I asked her what she was going to have for lunch, and she said....

"Food"

Wow! The profoundness of this profound statement amazes me. Clearly Angie is destined for great things.

There are two ways to get enough. One is to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

-G.K. Chesterton

5-6-04

I love golf. It's so relaxing yet so frustrating at the same time, which just makes it fun. I was having a bad day cause I was stressing about grades, then I went to the driving range with my dad and things just got better. I'm still close to failing Algebra 2 and not understanding Chemistry, but everything just doesn't seem as bad. I'm going to talk to my Algebra teacher tomorrow and go over the test that I failed. Not looking forward to it but maybe it'll help. My problem is that I understand everything when the teacher explains it, but then when I have to do it on my own it doesn't make any sense at all. That, and I freeze on tests. I can do it fine the night before but as soon as the test is in front of me I can't remember a thing. Oh well, at least there is still golf.

It takes a lot of courage to admit you were wrong.

-Kira

5-9-04

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :flex: What did YOU do for your mommy? I made breakfast and bought her flowers, and I have to help her plant the flowers later this week :laugh: . I HATE gardening. But back to breakfast, it is really easy to be a vegetarian these days. I made fake bacon today and it was really good! Even better then normal bacon (it's that way with a lot of fake meat). I love the mini-corn dogs from morning star. Yummmmmmmm!

I was watching this trailer online for this movie called Saved!, and I wasn't sure what to think about it. I couldn't tell if it was pro-Christian or anti-Christian. The movie is about this Christian girl who begins to doubt her faith, and Mandy Moore plays this really "death to all homosexuals, you're going to hell, I'm FILLED with the love of Jesus (as I throw something at your back (watch the trailer, you'll get it)) type Christian. I'm pretty sure the movie is over all pro-Christian, anti-Mandy Moore Christian, but I can't be sure till I see it and it's bugging me.

I get to watch Harry Potter tonight! ABC (at least I think it's ABC) is playing the 1st movie and during commercials they are going to show clips from #3. Plus the fab 3 are going to host it and even though they all have bad hair and Hermione looks anorexic, it should be good.

Oooo! I almost forgot. Last Friday me and two of my friends went to see Mean Girls(really good movie) and then went to Schulers. It was so much fun! the movie was awsome, the ice cream was the best I'd ever had, we stayed at the bookstore till 11:30 talking and reading together, I got a new book for my quotes (my old one was.....well, old) and the cool schulers dude that I was talking about quotes with gave us a baguette. It was fun! I wouldn't have traded that night for anything.

Materialists mistake what limits life for life itself.

-Tolstoy

5-10-04

I had a meeting with my math teacher and my Mom today. *turns on super sarcastic voice* That was a lot of fun.*end super sarcastic voice* It did help though. I found out how much time I have to raise my grade and what I need to do to get there. I pray to God that I don't have to take this class over cause then I'll have to talk 4 years of math to get 3 years of credit and I'm really looking forward to not taking a math class my senior year.

What else happened....? We watched The Ring in choir, I love that movie. Oh! How could I forget! I might get to go to Japan either nest summer or the summer after, I'm not sure what year it is. This school in Japan asked us to be their sister school, so they will be sending students here and we will send students there for three weeks in the summer. The best part is that all I would need to pay for is airfare so it is totally possible for me to raise all the money myself cause I know my parents aren't going to want to pay for it since they are already sending me to Europe this summer. How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!

You will never come against a greater advisory then your own potential.

Dr. Stubbs

5-11-04

Not much going on today. No golf practice. I finally auditioned in choir. I hope I move up so bad! the choir I'm in now sux. Too many freshman. *shudders*

Some lies are easier to believe then the truth.

O.C. Bible