Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

removed

---BYSTY---

So.... hi. If any of you don't know who I am here ya go:

I'm 16 (17 on Feb 18), 6'1" tall, have blonde hair, VERY blue eyes (which is a good way to get compliments from the ladies. Lol.), and I'm in fairly good shape. I listen to Punk Rock (such as NoFX, gob, Millencolin, Bad Religion, etc, etc), and Classic Rock (such as Led Zeppelin, my absolute favourite). I enjoy going to movies and such. My favourite movies are the 'James Bond' films, the 'Indiana Jones' films, the 'Star Wars' films, 'Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels', 'Snatch', 'Resevoir Dogs', 'Fargo', the first two 'Alien films', and the list goes on forever. I live in Alberta, Canada and am very proud of my Canadian heritage. The sports I do are golf, snowboarding, curling, and [pick-up] hockey. My favourite hockey team is the Edmonton Oilers, and my favourite golfer is Mike Weir.

That's all I can think of to say for now for my personal log introductory post. So... ya. If anyone has any questions about me, feel free to ask.

I just got back from curling today. We lost. 8-7. Ugh. We would have won too. It was tied coming into the last end, and we had to just take out the other team's last rock to win, but the shot was missed and we lost. Oh well.

Another thing I'm not looking forward to is finals this week (and next). I have a Social final written portion to write on Tuesday, a Physics final on Thursday, the Social final multiple choice portion on Friday, and then a Math final next monday. But then I get the rest of next week off for semester break. Yay. The Social tests should be easy and so should the Physics test. The math one might be hard but probably not since I am very strong in mathematics (I am going into the final with a 91%).

I'm reading the book "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck, which is absolutely amazing. Not much happens and it's just a 600 page book about a family through the generations but it is really great. It is a classic and now I know why. I am on page 470, so am almost finished.

That's all I have to say for now.

--bysty

bysty, your bday is the same as my dads (altho my dad was born in 1959 :))..

how freaky!

Sweet man.

The coolest thing is that I have the same birthday as my aunt (although she's a tad older than me). Lol. It's pretty cool.

On the subject of weird birthdays, my uncle was born on February 29 on a leap year, so technically he's only 10. Lol. (Although is in reality turning 40 soon).

So I did the Social essay today. Piece of cake. Thank goodness for books. They developed my writting skills. Lol. It was 7 pages single-sided. The introductory paragraph was a page and a half alone. Lol.

I just finished writing my Social final and now I'm home. It was kind of hard. I also wrote my Physics final yesterday and geuss what I got:

99%!!!

I only got half a mark off, and that was for significant digits. It's sweet. I'm so happy.

I was at a party last night. Had some fun with a bunch of friends. It was fun. We even played football in the snow on an outdoor hockey rink because the hockey rink was covered in snow and we forgot the shovels so we couldn't play hockey. But the football was fun too. Very hard to catch a ball with gloves on, and to try and dodge people when underneath the snow is pure ice. Lol. It was pretty cold. -20 degrees Celcius (-4 degrees Farenheit).

And tonight I get to go to the Oilers game at Rexall Place (the home of the Oilers). Edmonton Oilers vs. Nashville Predators. They beat us in Nashville about a week ago, so I'm hoping we take this one.

I am just about fed up with the Oilers. We lost against the Nashville Predators 4-3. Hey that sounds like a close game doesn't it? WELL IT WASN'T. Within the Predators' first THREE shots they already had TWO goals! Then by the 15th shot, they had 4. It stayed 4-0 until the third period when we scored two in a row. Then another goal with about 3 minutes left. Then, like the Oilers always do, we ran out of time. They always do this. They get down with a huge deficit and then they work their butts off in the third and just come up one or two points out.

Georges Laraque: it's time for a trade. He doesn't put an effort in any more. He's our best hitter and he doesn't even hit any more. You may be a fan favourite Georges, but you're not my favourite.

Tommy Salo: you're in even more dire need to be traded than Georges. You let in 2 goals in 3 shots! And he's been playing like this forever. Our back-up goalie is better than he is. Bubye Tommy. Nice knowing you, but keep this up and you're not going to be a very well remembered Oiler.

I wrote my math final today. I was ok. Not too hard, but not too easy. I think I did fairly good. I went in with a 91% so even if I got a zero, i would still get a 79%. I'm done all my final exams!!! Yay! I have the rest of the week off! I plan to go to the gym to work out, hang out with friends, and just visit startrekfans alot. Yay. Next semester starts on monday.

I think I'm really falling for a girl. She's smart, she's beautiful, she's funny, and we are both very similar. She's amazing and I'm completely smitten when she's around.

damn you bysty!!!! i need a girl.....oh, wait we're in different parts of the world...

*runs off and hides*

Ah l'amour *sigh* love.gif

Hope she realizes what a great catch you are. 03.gif

Aw. Thanks RC! :cloud9:

damn you bysty!!!! i need a girl.....oh, wait we're in different parts of the world...

*runs off and hides* 

Um... I don't get it, TZ. :cloud9: Lol

I'm actually looking forward to school on monday so I can hang out with her again. We were supposed to do something tonight but that didn't work out.

Well this week has been really boring. I've had to do stuff so I haven't seen any of my friends since monday! If I didn't know it wasn't true, I'd feel like a loner. Lol. It's a good thing that I do have alot of friends. I'm looking forward to seeing them all on monday. And I think I may have a party on the weekend. We'll see I geuss. Maybe next weekend.

Well since life is boring, I may as well stop writing now.

Well that was a short school week. 3 days. It was a blast though. This semester I've got lots of fun classes with lots of fun people. I don't have any courses with Julia though. I see her alot less often now. She was in a bunch of my courses last semester.

Oh well. Well I've got a five day weekend, but it's jam-packed. Tonight I'm going to the gym for a few hours, tomorrow I have a curling practice, and on Friday and Saturday (and Sunday if we make it to the semi-finals) I have a curling bonspeil (a tournament). Should be fun though.

Well that's all I have to say. Au revoir.

Hmm...

Lol. That's all you seem to say on this thread.

Yeah Picard your "hmms" on this thread are really starting to get on my nerves. You would not let people post such simple one word sentences such as that on your threads without asking they give an explanation so now spill it, what gives??? :frusty:

Hi bysty. Only one thing i live in Michigan. right across from Canada. Oilers suck RED WINGS RULE. :frusty:

Hmm...

Lol. That's all you seem to say on this thread.

Yeah Picard your "hmms" on this thread are really starting to get on my nerves. You would not let people post such simple one word sentences such as that on your threads without asking they give an explanation so now spill it, what gives??? :frusty:

Sorry, I'm just trying to wierd-out Bysty. :clap::eek:

Hi bysty. Only one thing i live in Michigan. right across from Canada. Oilers suck  RED WINGS RULE. :eek:

OH I DID NOT JUST HEAR THAT! Lol. Just kidding. :frusty::clap:

I still do have to disagree with you though. Haha. The Oilers may be pretty bad this season, but I'm going to stick by them. (And just wait and see. Cujo sucks in the playoffs. Trust me. He was on the Oilers. Lol.)

Well today (or should I say yesterday) was very exhausting, but still quite fun.

I went to the gym for 2 hours this morning and met up with Julia there. We worked out and it was a blast. She's so great.

Then, this weekend I am in a curling bonspeil (tournament), so I had a game at 4:00. For those who don't know, curling is a two hour game. We won 9-8.

Then, since we won the first game, we curled again at 8:30. It was a really close game with it tied in the last end (think of an end as pretty much like an inning in baseball). But we lost 8-7.

We curl again tomorrow (or should I say today) at 1:00.

Well I'm really tired and am off to the hot-tub and to bed. Au revior mes amis.

That's so awesome Bysty. I so much enjoyed watching Curling in the Olympics..We don't get much exposure to it here in the USA..

That's so awesome Bysty. I so much enjoyed watching Curling in the Olympics..We don't get much exposure to it here in the USA..

Most of the people that curl are from the small farm towns because there is not much to do there. Lol. We are one of the few teams from a main city. It's a fun game though. It's like chess on ice. Very strategic.

Are you sure it's like chess bysty? Sure, they do much thinking about how to shoot it but doesn't it really all come down to making the shot? When I've watched it, I considered it to be bowling with style. :waaaa:

Are you sure it's like chess bysty? Sure, they do much thinking about how to shoot it but doesn't it really all come down to making the shot? When I've watched it, I considered it to be bowling with style.  :clap:

It depends on what position you play.

The Lead throws the first two rocks and sweeps the rest.

The Second throws the next two rocks and sweeps the rest.

The Third sweeps the Lead and Second's rocks, throws the next two rocks, helps the Skip strategize, and holds the broom for the Skip's rocks.

The Skip has to decide every shot. They have to see the angles, decide how much the rock will curl, and call the line. He also throws the last two rocks.

Sure, it comes down to hitting the broom, but it is a very strategic game. You have to sweep it properly (if you do too much sweeping, it goes right through the house and if you do too little it stops short), you have to call the line (if you are inside it will curl too much, and if you are outside it will curl too little, so you have to call to the sweepers to sweep in regards to the line, and they have to do it in regards to the weight (the speed of the rock)). You also have to call some pretty crazy shots. You have to decide where to hit the rock so that it rolls to where you want it to go, where to put the broom so that when the rock curls, it will still hit the rock, and you have to decide the exact weight you need to get it to the spot you need it in. Then you have to throw the rock, but if you are light it can be swept, if you are inside it can be swept, if you are heavy or outside it can be left alone. If the shot is not doing what you want it to, you can make a split-second change in plans and get it to hit another rock, etc, ect. Like I said, it is a very strategic game. If the shot isn't perfect, it can be altered so that it still works. You need to continually think while playing it. I consider it to be like Chess. You have to plan out every move, always thinking ahead. Sure, you have to execute the move, but it has to be meticulously strategized.

And a little update on the bonspeil (tournament): We are out. No provincials for us. We got wasted by a team that we should have beaten pretty easily. It was a major let-down. But oh well. Maybe next year. We have another bonspeil coming up in two weeks which we won the B Event last year, so this year we are gunning for A.

I forgot to post my marks for last semester. Well here they are:

Pure Math 20 - 89%

Phys Ed 20 - 84%

Physics 20 - 87%

Social 20 - 85%

This semester I have Chemistry, English, Communication Technology (the writing, producing, filming, and editing of films), Religion, and I will be getting French soon. I just have to drop shop class to fit it in, but that's okay.

The only problem with this semester is that I have no classes with a few of my better friends, but I have alot more classes with some of my other better friends, so it all evens out. Lol.

Well when you put it that way sure, I see how calling it chess applies. :clap:

I have to admit bysty when I've watched curling before I was unaware of all those points you've detailed for me in your post, I look forward to seeing it again now and having a better idea of the game intricacies. Thanks! :laugh:

Oh! And I wish you better luck in your next game. :wub:

Well when you put it that way sure, I see how calling it chess applies.  :clap:

I have to admit bysty when I've watched curling before I was unaware of all those points you've detailed for me in your post, I look forward to seeing it again now and having a better idea of the game intricacies. Thanks! :laugh:

Oh! And I wish you better luck in your next game.  :wub:

Lol. Ya personally I find watching it painfully boring, but playing it is lots of fun. One really doesn't get all of what the game is about on TV.

And thanks, AE. :blink: