Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Old Chat Posts

Hey everyone....I was just informed of something by my brother that is really sad. I will be unable to make it to the chat tonight, because he too is doing a system update. He is updating his computer, but needs the DSL...so I unfortunately will be off line at 1 am. :) this is SO unfair! But, maybe things will go smoothly, and he will be able to relinquish custody of the DSL and I will be here...even if I am a little late... *crosses fingers, and prays* The chats are just too much fun to miss!

Hey everyone....I was just informed of something by my brother that is really sad. I will be unable to make it to the chat tonight, because he too is doing a system update. He is updating his computer, but needs the DSL...so I unfortunately will be off line at 1 am. :) this is SO unfair! But, maybe things will go smoothly, and he will be able to relinquish custody of the DSL and I will be here...even if I am a little late... *crosses fingers, and prays* The chats are just too much fun to miss!

:) You'll be missed. Hope you can join us at some point, I'm usually on pretty late.

:) You'll be missed. Hope you can join us at some point, I'm usually on pretty late.

That's an understatement if I ever heard one!!! Chair%20Fall.gif

That's an understatement if I ever heard one!!!  Chair%20Fall.gif

The part about her being missed or being on late? Or both? Maybe we should try to turn off the computer before sunrise this time. :) :)

The part about her being missed or being on late? Or both? Maybe we should try to turn off the computer before sunrise this time. :) :)

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! Don't turn off the computer early!! The server update chats rock!!! :)

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! Don't turn off the computer early!! The server update chats rock!!! :)

Like I'd really leave chat early. 1050848555.gif What am I doing on the computer now!? I need to do some laundry before chat starts! :bow:

I forgot....I thought the server update was on Saturday morning! I guess I need to take a break from the other projects I am doing an pay attention to what DAY it is... :) Asides from watching Nemesis(all but the ending for the fifth time), doing my three art projects, tearing down the old kitchen cabinets, fixing a bathroom(helping my mom), cleaning my disaster area(my room), and trying again to work on my story....I just got the day mixed up.

So I will be there!!! Yay!

Plus, my brother's update went successfully, so his computer is completely up to date.

Hey everyone....I was just informed of something by my brother that is really sad. I will be unable to make it to the chat tonight, because he too is doing a system update. He is updating his computer, but needs the DSL...so I unfortunately will be off line at 1 am. :andorian: this is SO unfair! But, maybe things will go smoothly, and he will be able to relinquish custody of the DSL and I will be here...even if I am a little late... *crosses fingers, and prays* The chats are just too much fun to miss!

:theking: You'll be missed. Hope you can join us at some point, I'm usually on pretty late.

I have to agree that is an understatement. Sorry I missed the chat. My car if broken and well long story but it is broken and I was exhausted and had to take my dad back home (125 miles away) so that I could use my other car. I will be there next week though. It was just a VERY bad weekend.

Damn, I missed it too. Could somebody send me a PM to remind me when the next one may be, Thanks. I will also look at the calender of events. I saw it on the bottom but saw it too late.

Question:

To get to the chat, do I just hit the AIM Chat button on the top?

Damn, I missed it too. Could somebody send me a PM to remind me when the next one may be, Thanks. I will also look at the calender of events. I saw it on the bottom but saw it too late.

Question:

To get to the chat, do I just hit the AIM Chat button on the top?

I will be glad to send you a PM every Saturday evening to remind you of the chat. As for directions to get into the chat. Just scroll up and you will find my FAQ that includes directions on how to get into and use the chat. If you have any other questions I will be more than happy to answer them, either post them here or PM me. I will do the best that I can to find the answers for you as quickly as possible.

I will be glad to send you a PM every Saturday evening to remind you of the chat.  As for directions to get into the chat.  Just scroll up and you will find my FAQ that includes directions on how to get into and use the chat.  If you have any other questions I will be more than happy to answer them, either post them here or PM me.  I will do the best that I can to find the answers for you as quickly as possible.

Thankyou for helping me out. I would appreciate a PM next Saturday. I also read the FAQ question thread by Takara Soong. I think I know how to get into the chat room. I just hit AIM Chat on the top. I will be logged onto to AIM already.

Thanks again for your help.

Hey everyone....I was just informed of something by my brother that is really sad. I will be unable to make it to the chat tonight, because he too is doing a system update. He is updating his computer, but needs the DSL...so I unfortunately will be off line at 1 am. :andorian: this is SO unfair! But, maybe things will go smoothly, and he will be able to relinquish custody of the DSL and I will be here...even if I am a little late... *crosses fingers, and prays* The chats are just too much fun to miss!

:borg2: You'll be missed. Hope you can join us at some point, I'm usually on pretty late.

I have to agree that is an understatement. Sorry I missed the chat. My car if broken and well long story but it is broken and I was exhausted and had to take my dad back home (125 miles away) so that I could use my other car. I will be there next week though. It was just a VERY bad weekend.

OK?? :martok: What was THAT all about? :theking: Very funny, though....

:borg2: You'll be missed. Hope you can join us at some point, I'm usually on pretty late.

OK?? :martok: What was THAT all about? :theking: Very funny, though....

Sorry, just having a frustrating weekend and did not realize until I had posted that I was venting.

Ok, it is just past 1am...and no one is in the chat room right now. What? Did I screw up the times again, please tell me I did not mess up twice in 24 hours......Either that, or it is the fact that it is a holiday, hmmmm...

Ok, it is just past 1am...and no one is in the chat room right now. What? Did I screw up the times again, please tell me I did not mess up twice in 24 hours......Either that, or it is the fact that it is a holiday, hmmmm...

The chat that is scheduled for 1am is only on Sunday mornings at 1am while the server is updating. But I will be in there when I get home from work in about a half an hour when I get home from work it that helps...

The chat that is scheduled for 1am is only on Sunday mornings at 1am while the server is updating. But I will be in there when I get home from work in about a half an hour when I get home from work it that helps...

I guess my weekend was just taht busy, that I got all my days mixed up...darn! Well that, and my brother was doing that update...on Saturday/Sunday morning. So I will be there next time..

I guess my weekend was just taht busy, that I got all my days mixed up...darn! Well that, and my brother was doing that update...on Saturday/Sunday morning. So I will be there next time..

We will look forward to seeing you there. If you would like I can send you a PM to remind you Saturday evening.

Has anyone else ever used a program called Trillian? I use it because it allows me to log into AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, and MSN all at the same time and with only 1 buddy list. However I haven't been able to log into the chat and I'm thinking that this is probably the problem. Has anyone else found a way around this? If not I guess I'm just going to have to download AIM again.

Has anyone else ever used a program called Trillian? I use it because it allows me to log into AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, and MSN all at the same time and with only 1 buddy list. However I haven't been able to log into the chat and I'm thinking that this is probably the problem. Has anyone else found a way around this? If not I guess I'm just going to have to download AIM again.

Unfortunately you will not be able to use Trillian to access the AIM Chat room. The chat room protocols are not compatible with Trillian.

I have found problems with Trillian also. I have stopped using it because it does not seem to support mics and webcams. It does keep a neat consolidated list of buddies but it has too many limits. It does have a lot of smilies though.

You can get into the chatroom with Trillian if somebody who is already in there invites you. Otherwise, I just exit Trillian and log into AIM.

I have found problems with Trillian also. I have stopped using it because it does not seem to support mics and webcams. It does keep a neat consolidated list of buddies but it has too many limits. It does have a lot of smilies though.

That is why I stopped using Trillian as well. I agree it had some great features, but far to many limitations.

We will look forward to seeing you there. If you would like I can send you a PM to remind you Saturday evening.

That would be great, thank you!

That would be great, thank you!

I am getting a list together, If anyone else would like a reminder on Saturday evening about the chat just send me a PM. I will send them out about three or four hours before the chat begins.

That is why I stopped using Trillian as well. I agree it had some great features, but far to many limitations.

I don't want to stop using Trillian but I guess I'm going to have to re-install AIM as well so that I can get into the chat room. Why can't anything just be easy!

I don't want to stop using Trillian but I guess I'm going to have to re-install AIM as well so that I can get into the chat room. Why can't anything just be easy!

If you don't want to install AIM you can use AIM Express, which is a web based version of AIM that does not install any files on your computer. The instructions are in my FAQ post above.

I have had a great time on the last two chats that I have attended. I just want to make a request. Would it be possible to have the chat scheduled earlier? Maybe it could be 11:00PM Saturday night or 12:00 AM early Sunday morning, EDT.