Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Old Chat Posts

Ok, I've been working tonight to get Live Chat added to the site. Since we haven't reached a level yet to justify me paying $75 to $150 to add the chat that goes with the board I've signed up for a free service. I don't know how well it will work, or if it will work at all. But it's on the main page, and I set it so you can stop the music from playing also.

Try it out and let me know if it works for everyone. If you get a blank white screen you may need to refresh the screen or log off then log back on the first time.

Main Page

Maybe somebody can schedule a chat time, so we know when other members will be there. That way, those of us who want to can meet and get to know one another.

While I agree that setting times for chat may be a good one, don't you think it may be a little difficult to coordinate? After all, we have people from different states and different countries, and that makes for a lot of different time zones. And many of us have jobs or attend school, so we are online at many different times. I, for one, have an unusual work schedule. I work the evening shift, and my days off are Thursday and Sunday. But, what the heck, it's worth a shot. Let me know when it will happen and I will try to patricipate!

We should defenetly set a time. Whenever I go there no one is there. Very annoying when I'm bored and want to talk to a fellow trekker.

It doesn't seem to work with Trillian. Any reason why that is?

Guest Ktrek

I didn't like the old one but I'm not very fond of anything AOL. I wish we had a good javascript chat or even IRC channel.

Ktrek

Is anyone else haveing trouble getting into the chat room or is it just me? It's probably my computer but I was wondering if anyone else was haveing problems too.

I tried it and you are right, there is a problem with the OLD chat room. VGB posted a link into a NEW chat room somewhere, I have been searching the forums for it with no luck. Hang in there, VBG will see this thread eventually and respond. Sorry for the inconvenience :blink:

Guest Ktrek

Here guys!! You first must download and install AOL instant messenger. Here is a link for it:AIM DL HEREOnce installed all you have to do is click chat at the top of any startrekfans.net webpages. Got it??

Ktrek

Here guys!! You first must download and install AOL instant messenger. Here is a link for it:AIM DL HEREOnce installed all you have to do is click chat at the top of any startrekfans.net webpages. Got it??

Ktrek

I wish it were that easy. Every time I have tried to register it gives me a registration error and tells me to try again. Then after 3 tries it tells me to wait 24 hours. Arrrggg! Do you have to have AOL or Netscape to sign up for it?

Guest Ktrek

Takara,

Hmmm! I never had any probalem. I just downloaded it, installed , registered and VOILA! The only problem was Ktrek was not available so I had to go with Ktrek101. You don't need Netscape or an AOL account to use it. I have neither!

Ktrek

I'll try again. I have had the name rejection thing but I also got a couple of other reasons too that I can't remember. Thanks.

Since the next few episodes of ENT should be really good, let's try to make Wednesdays a real event, with a live chat. From start to end, we got the chat feature so let's use it. The Chat room currently runs using AOL's Instant Messager.

So if you don't have it, and want to join the "fun", click here to get AOL Instant Messager

Great idea but I can't participate. If I leave the PC on while ENT is recording (VHS) a "HUUUUM" will record onto the master. ;)

For those who can't be on during the show, it will be going all night (actually if you think about it it's going on right now) it's a "fun" way to watch it or talk about it afterwards.

Guest Ktrek

I wouldn't mind coming to chat after the episode has aired but not during it. I want to watch it without any distractions. ;)

Ktrek