Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Old Chat Posts

I am in full support of an EVENT Wednesday! I do agree that we should try to gather after the show. However, not all of us live on the East coast...so the chat will probably be divided by time zone!

I'm an East coaster myself, so see all of the 8pm crew there!

Hmm...interesting.

No one was in the chat room labeled "Ten Forward."

Except this one person with "FSF" in front of their screenname.

They were waiting for a swim team meeting or something.

And...they had never heard of StarTrekFans.net....

so I did a little soliciation and quickly exited the room.

Ok chat is back up, and this time it's just us, props to VBG for fixing it so quickly ;);)

What happen was what we thought was our chat room was some chat room for a swimteam/sim group, but it has been fixed and shouldn't happen again ;)

theres still a few more episodes left, lets not get ahead of ourselves. come now. its gonna be a long enough wait till next season. :laugh:

ok i was there, but didnt see anyone else, did i go to the right one. clidk the chat button at the top of the screen right?

ok i was there, but didnt see anyone else, did i go to the right one. clidk the chat button at the top of the screen right?

WHat time did you go?

Last Wednesday, it was just Pougemahone, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and myself.

VGB showed up this time around. We were there until 9:10 pm EST. Hopefully, we will have more people show up each week until the reruns start to hit. And then only the diehards will be there to comment on past episodes. :laugh:

ok somebody ppllleeaassee tell me what im supposed to do to get to the chat, i obviously went to the wrong place id like to be there next week if i can. :laugh: :laugh:

ok somebody ppllleeaassee tell me what im supposed to do to get to the chat, i obviously went to the wrong place id like to be there next week if i can. :tear::idea:

Its very simple.

You need AIM. Just log onto AIM as you normally would.

Then click "Chat" -- which is the link next to "Forums" in the menu bar. (<== on StarTrekFans.net page)

It takes you to the "StarTrekFans" chatroom.

Thats it! :D

PS...we hold events on Wednesdays durings Enterprise airings.

We should set up a time to chat in the chat room. No one is ever there when I enter it. The time diffrence would be a bit of a problem but I think we can figure it out.

OK, good question....I know that there is a Chat link up at the top of the screen next to Forums and Help...I click on that and it takes me to an error page.....is anyone else getting that, Or am I looking at the wrong link?!?

We have chat now?!?! ;)

Seriously, I get that same message Yillara. I don't even know if the chat works. I remember something about a chat link on an introductory page but it didn't work either.

I remember something about a chat link on an introductory page but it didn't work either.

Thank you for reminding me of that, I will now change the "Introductory Package" to include the new information. ;)

Yes, it is AIM so you need to have AIM on your computer to use it. It's a free download at http://www.aim.com. Just download it and install it then when you click on the chat link AIM comes on and takes you to our room.

Late in the evening or night is better for me, unless on weekends. Maybe if we all make an effort to log into chat whenever we are here posting we could get some conversations going. I have been logging into the chat everytime I am present on the site at home, but I never see anyone there. It would not take much for everyone to keep the chat at the bottom of the screen while they are posting.

I have never seen anyone else in the chat rooms. I log in whenever I am posting to the site. It would be great if we could get more people in there and have some go old fashioned real time chats. I know that there is a chat for Wednesdays, but alas I am at work during that time. How about Saturday evenings, or just everyone log in when they are posting? It is a great tool and we should take advantage of it.