Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airies

Airies Personal Log

It seems like all the bad things wait until they can hit at once sometimes. They come one after another and son't give you a moment to breath. I've been through rough times myself and when you're stuck in the middle it's very hard. All you're doing is treading wate, nevermind swimming for shore. Then another wave crashes down on you and you have to fight to get back to the surface again. :b-day:

No one who works hard and tries to be a good father and husband is a loser in any sense of the word, IMO. I don't judge someone by how much money they make or their possessions. Those things may be the way we measure a person in this world but they're a poor means to judge anyone. It does seem that the less money you have the harder everyone tries to pry it from your grip. I don't have any good advice for you, I'm treading water myself most of the time, it helps me a tiny bit to concentrate on what I have to and can do today and worry about tomorrow tomorrow. but I know what you're going through and I think most people do. I hope some good fortune comes your way soon Airies. You have friends here.

Thanks fenriz :b-day: Someone once said life is like a storm at sea just when you think you have you grip on something a huge wave crashed upon you and pulls you back under. I'll keep on treadin. Thanks. :b-day:

Airies, this is for you! :b-day:

I know there are times when you just can't see the end of the tunnel no matter how hard you try!

Don't get too down on yourself, you are a wonderful person and a great father. There are so many people out there who would just say, "screw it" and leave their families hanging. I've seen to much of that happen to people I care for.

I'll share my story with you, if even so you know that other people have been through this type of thing. My mom died of an epileptic seizure two weeks before I turned 21, on Mother's Day, no less. Prior to that, I lost one of my best friends who was murdered and also lost my mentor from my troubled years in middle school who was killed in a plane crash. Less than a year after my mother's death, my grandmother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We kept her home for as long as we could, but my grandfather couldn't handle everything on his own and she died in a hospice on Easter. All this happened in six years. All of a sudden I was hit with the responsibility of taking over the house payments, while I was still suffering severe guilt over my mother's death. You see, I was living at home and she died in the next room while I slept. I never heard a thing.

I ended up to my ears in debt and finally, I decided to just buy a ticket to Las Vegas and run away from life... let them foreclose the house, let them repo my car and just give up. Then I met my husband. I invited him to come to Vegas with me and we had a wonderful time... which ensured that I came back and dealt with all my problems.

I'm still in debt and I still struggle each day to provide for my daughter, but I'm still standing.

If you ever need someone to vent to or need a shoulder to cry on, my inbox is always open! :b-day:

Thanks Kyra Ahsleigh. :b-day: I needed a little bit of people telling me they have been through similar things in their lives. I'm doing better today, last night I went home from work and mowed till I couldn't mow anymore (push mower large yard) and I worked out allot of my frustration. Then after I cleaned up and ate I snuggled up on the couch with my kids and played with them for the rest of the night. I have a habbit of looking at all the bad in my life and none of the good. There are allot of people in the world who have material things but noone to love. I need to remember that more often, and count my blessings. Yesterday was just a bad day. But thanks again. :b-day:

Ok folks, I'm better today. Don't know why it was such a bad day yesterday. :b-day: Mrs. Airies said she was down all day as well. I dunno. It has been a very lazy day for me though. I have gotten nothing done. Sometimes this job can be so boring! :sleepy: But it pays the bills, well it kinda does anyway. And it lets me come in here allot! :b-day: I just can't get motivated. I've just been so darned sleepy all the time. I think it's stress.

Well, for all of you who might have been concerened I'm ok. I think I need to go ahead and refill some meds. I have put them off because of money, but the insurnace does cover it and only a small co-pay. Doc told me if I came on and off of them I would be a little moodly. :b-day: Anyway I'll do that this week and see. I have a weddding and a kinsinyetta in the works that might book. (I'm not at all sure about spelling of kinsinyetta it is a Mexican traditon for girls who hit a certain age) So hopefully they will book and help get me out of this finacial mess I'm in right now! Ok enough for today. See ya all later.

I know what you are talking about with the Mexican girl. In Japan they something close to. It is called Coming of Age. It happens at the beginning of the year. It for anyone who turns 20 that year. What makes it special is that they lawfully treated as adults.

Well, it's been another beautiful day gone by my friends. The sun is shining and its in the lower 70's and I'm planning on taking my kids fishing Saturday morning. It's gonna be chilly, but that's great catfishing weather! Besides, I'll build a fire and the kids will love it! Well, thanks all for supporting me through my crisis day this week, I really appriciate it.

Only bad thing today was my wisdom teeth :tooth: need to be pulled and they have been hurting up a storm today. They've needed yanked for some time I just have a problem with spending money on myself. But they sure hurt sometimes! :P

Everyone have a great night an peace be with you all! Oh I almost forgot, for you Smallville fans out there, arn't you glad Cloey is not dead! I hate Lex becoming a bad guy but I guess that was inevitible, since he is the (badguy) of all the superman franchises! :superman:

Airies, you sure sound like you're feeling better today!

Did you refill your meds? Please do so if you haven't already! And this is coming from someone with panic/anxiety disorder. :P

I've never fished for catfish! I hope you catch your limit! I'm gonna take a wild guess that you are in the south somewhere. We don't have good catfish where I live.

I'm sorry to hear your wisdom teeth are bothering you. Did they ever come through, or are they impacted in the bone? I had to have mine surgically removed and it was pure misery. Hopefully yours aren't as bad as mine were.

Yes I am feeling better Kyra. Thankss :( My doctor told me I have social anxiety disorder. And yes I did get my meds refilled. Could you tell? :) I live in Kansas about 25 minutes west of the Missouri state line and 5 minutes south of I-70 Highway. Nice little town. (and no I don't have a dog named ToTo! :))

They are calling for rain and 36 degrees tonight so I think we'll postpone our fishing trip. Too cold for the kids. Fishing for catfish is fun. Allot of people prefer bass fishing around here, but it wears out my arm and I love fighting BIG fish on the line.

And my wisdom teeth. :tooth: Let's see the dentist told me about 5 years ago they needed pulled, my top two are growing straight out towards my cheeks and you can feel them if you lightly press on my face. They hurt! And my bottom two are growing straigt towards the front of my face under the gum. :P They hurt also. One of these days I am gowing to have them pulled I thinnk they cause me allot of my migraines. But it cost money to have them pulled. I'll proabably have to go to the dental college. I don't drink but I have threatened to drink a 5th of good Irish whiskey and pull them myself at time. I wouldn't really but I've been that despeate befoe.

^

^

^

I didn't inhale! :( :cool: < Bill in the 70's :P

:cool: :cool: < Bill and Magic Bus in the 70's!! :)

Ok people it's been another fun week. I joined StarWarsfans.net today. That's pretty cool. I love Star Wars. One of the threads is which do you like better ST or SW and I just could not answer. Acutally my head exploded :laugh:

I'm leaving in a few minutes. Everybody have a good weekend ( I hope I can get home pc going before long so I can talk to everybody that went back to school)

Until then I will be the little worker that posted allot. :lol: I really am not that busy here and do my job and do it well. I just have allot of down time. With fall here I am getting busier.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I'm close to the 1000 post mark, I think I'll be promoted again! :clap: I'm kinda scared thought cause remember what Kirk said. "Never let them promote you" (I didn't mean that for any mod reading) :clap:

Well I have to postpone my fishing trip for the kids because it's raining and going to get close to freezing tonight, so I told them we could have a Star Wars marathon tomorrow. I might have a Trek one tonight.

See you all Monday, and peace be with you all! :)

Too bad it's gonna rain out your fishing trip! I hope you have a fun weekend anyways!

I'm hoping to take my daughter to go see the salmon migration at one of our local streams. Always fun!

Don't be worry about being promoted. Let the force be with you. Oops wrong movie! :laugh:

Go for the promotion! Post like crazy! When you reach Commodore, you can silly things with your rank designation, like I did. (I'm easily amused. :clap: )

Well people, I have bad news. You know how I said our company was really slow? Well apparently it was so slow that they could not afford to pay me anymore. So Monday they let me go. Isn't that nice with 3 kids? Not even any notice. Don't ya just love the world? Well, I am looking for a job, but I have had enouph of working for other people. (by the way I'm posting at the library right now) So anyway I am going to possibly try to do my photography business full time. Working during the day always limited my possiblilites so my wife is going to work full time and I'm gonna give this a try. But I'll still keep my eyes open for the right job, if ther is such a thing.

Thanks to all who have helped me and listened to my insane ramblings. I hope that from time to time I might be able to stop and give a post. In the mean times all of those of you who pray, please say a prayer for my family. And those of you who don't just wish me well.

Don't worry, I won't get to despaired after all tomorrow is another day. Peace be with you all my friends and Keep on Trekkin.

Airies Out

Bad news Airies..I wish you and your family the best..And I hope your photography business goes real well for you..Pop in and say hi when you can.. :clap:

Sorry Airies. I hope your photo business takes off to great success or you find a job you can be happy with, my prayer is with you. Any time you can visit you are welcome...

I am sorry to hear that you lost your job. :b-day: Good luck photography business works out for you.

Sorry about the job, Airies, but good luck with the photography. I hope you do well and I'll keep you in my prayers. :b-day:

That's bad news Airies. I've been out of work myself so I know what it's like. I hope you have so much work with your photography business that you have to hire help. Good luck to you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your job loss.:b-day: You and your family are in my prayers. Good luck with your photography.

Airies, I hope you get to read this. :b-day: We are all friends here, you know that. And when one of us is down it affects us all. I care about you and what happens to you and your family. I would look at this as an "Opportunity" and not something bad, ok? Sometimes when bad things happen, at the time, we think it's the end of the world. But sometimes there is a reason. Maybe your meant for better things. Being your own boss IS a better thing. You'll never get rich working for someone else, you know that. Photography has MANY outlets. Not just in your town but in magazines an newspapers and on the Web too. I've seen sites where people sell their pictures. Being your own boss is a great adventure. Look at it with optimism and hope for a better future for yourself and your family. Be inventive and creative. Go where no photographer has gone before. :b-day: I know you can do it. If any of us can help you, don't be afraid to ask, ok? We all love you. :b-day:

Well, just stopped by to say hi. Thanks everyone for all the encouragment. I am gonig to try and run my photo buisiness, but with 3 kids you need a steady paycheck to pay the bills. I don't have allot of time here, so I'll just say that all is going ok, we have enough money to pay the bills this month and hopefully something will come in by then. Oh and to top off what a great month this has been my wife took a major cut in pay today and is probably going to quit, because they want her to work for minimum wage. And for what she does it is not worth it and is a $3 cut in pay! AAAAAHHHHHH :flowers: <Airies and Mrs. Airies. No, well be ok oh by the way she is sitting next to me right now and says Hi! Her net name is Branwen which is Celtic Goddess of Love. No wonder we have 3 kids! :flowers: Well I will check in from time to time. Oh and if noone notices I have a trivia rank now last week before I got canned I started playing. Wanted to say thanks Space Tigger for the rank. Well, gotta go and until next time. Peace be with you all.