Sign in to follow this  
BakulaBabe

Don't Shampoo Your Hair!

I just heard on the news that an ingredient in shampoo (DEA) can cause you to loose brain cells that help you retain memories. So, shampooing your hair can make you seem stupid? HA! I've been shapuing my hare for yeers, and Iym not stoopid. So thair! :thumbs:

I NEED to wash my hair!!! Its really long!Comes to my waist and if I dont wash it then its going all wrong.

Besides that,now I know why Im soo stupid!!!I was my hair too often!

Forget the shampoo, I've been coloring my hair since I was 14, my brain was fried after the first bleached blonde attempt. Miss Clarol made me stupid then I used shampoo too. R.I.P brain. nut.gif

LOL!! That's just another one of those ridiculous things. If it doesn't kill you then it must make you lose brain cells. There are so many things out there that are healthy for you one day and the next it's not. You stop eating it and it's suddenly good for you again. Sometimes I just wish they would make up their minds. If all this were true then according to the scientists we should all be dead by now.

:thumbs: :)

Edited by Vulcan IDIC

I just heard on the news that an ingredient in shampoo (DEA) can cause you to loose brain cells that help you retain memories. So, shampooing your hair can make you seem stupid? HA! I've been shapuing my hare for yeers, and Iym not stoopid. So thair!  :)

You are so funny, :) Thank you, I needed a good laugh tonight after Enterprise :thumbs:

You are so funny,  :) Thank you, I needed a good laugh tonight after Enterprise :thumbs:

My plezure! :) That news story made me laugh so much I just had to share it. And make fun of it.

Hmm guess thats why i am so dumb then i wash my hair twice a day when i get up i shower and just before i go to bed i shower.

::shaves all hair off::

so now i won,t get dumber anymore :thumbs:

Goodness nows I never expected to be an advocate for "natural products" - I consider many of them to be modern day snake oil. But there are hair dyes and shampoos that don't contain chemicals. I am getting ready to color my hair and I'm looking for a "natural based product" - I'm looking for the same in gardening and household cleaners as well.

I just heard on the news that an ingredient in shampoo (DEA) can cause you to loose brain cells that help you retain memories. So, shampooing your hair can make you seem stupid? HA! I've been shapuing my hare for yeers, and Iym not stoopid. So thair!  :blink:

O...k... I've a question. How does shampoo seep through your scalp, continue through your skull, into your craniel fluid, then spread into your brain, and thus effected a very specific region, damaging brain cells deep inside the brain?

I just heard on the news that an ingredient in shampoo (DEA) can cause you to loose brain cells that help you retain memories. So, shampooing your hair can make you seem stupid? HA! I've been shapuing my hare for yeers, and Iym not stoopid. So thair!  :o

O...k... I've a question. How does shampoo seep through your scalp, continue through your skull, into your craniel fluid, then spread into your brain, and thus effected a very specific region, damaging brain cells deep inside the brain?

Perhaps the people who discovered this were skipping that ubercomplicated rinse step? :blink: :bow:

LOL

Yeah you can just see that on the side of the shampoo bottle.

I tend to use tea tree oil it cleans and also manages to protect it from head lice if you are around little kids.

I just heard on the news that an ingredient in shampoo (DEA) can cause you to loose brain cells that help you retain memories. So, shampooing your hair can make you seem stupid? HA! I've been shapuing my hare for yeers, and Iym not stoopid. So thair!  :lol:

Perhaps the people who discovered this were skipping that ubercomplicated rinse step? :bow::laugh:

That must be the answer! :look:

They tested shampoo on rats (or mice) and found that one chemical seemed to affect their memory. I'm still trying to figure out how it finds its way to specific brain cells :) . I'll start worrying the day I grow whiskers and a tail, and start hiding from cats.

(I bookmarked the Urban Legend site - it"s really interesting.)

Maybe the shampoo makers WANT us to be stupid so we fall into that "Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat." loop.

I've always wondered what would happen if I didn't "repeat"... :laugh:

That's it. I'm never shampooing my hair again. As a matter of fact, I'm not even washing it anymore. :laugh:

Edited by Cloud