Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Best First Officer?

Who's the best first officer?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best first officer?

• Spock (Doubling as science officer)
    • William Riker
    • Kira Nerys (Doubling as communications officer)
    • Chakotay
    • T'pol (Doubling as science officer)

This is a tough one... even for me. I think it's a photo finish:-

Click for Spoiler:

Spock

320x240.jpg

William Riker

320x240.jpg

Kira

320x240.jpg

Chakotay

320x240.jpg

T'pol

320x240.jpg

Edited by Lt. Evans

Will Riker for me. :wow:

He's the perfect first officer, always concerned about his captain's safety.

And I like him very much. He's one of my fave ST-chars. :lol:

Yes, but to be fair Riker was always after command of Enteprise... he wanted to be it's captain and if Jean-Luc had retired or been promoted to Admiral then Riker would have made no fuss about parking his behind right into the Captain's chair.

Edited by Lt. Evans

Yes, but to be fair Riker was always after command of Enteprise... he wanted to be it's captain and if Jean-Luc had retired or been promoted to Admiral then Riker would have made no fuss about parking his behind right into the Captain's chair.

rikerfun.jpg

Well, he declined some offers for having his own starship and he now has the Titan...

He often said he wasn't "ready" for command during TNG.

But he would have made a great captain of the Enterprise. But, well, Jean-Luc didn't want to retire or being promoted, so Will had to stay in the first officer's chair :wow: (can't say I'm *not* happy on that :lol: )

Big Spock fan here. He was a great First Officer..I do like Riker as well but he was always after Picards job.. :rofl: That's why he never accepted the Captaincy of another starship..He wanted the Enterprise..IMO..

Yes, Riker wanted Enterprise... but then the writer's messed it up by giving him the U.S.S Titan. Idiots... Riker's best quote was in Star Trek- Generations, and in it he said

"You know I always hoped I'd get a shot at this chair."

"There will be other Enterprises, number one..." Picard smiled

Spock. He is one of my favorites from TOS. And is one of my favorite Trek characters as a whole....well second to Data of course.

Riker of course. :bow: And he was not always after Picard's job. :naughty: Of course he wanted to be captain, if he wasn't aiming for that eventually why would he keep moving up in the ranks. And why wouldn't he want to command the ship that had become home to him? He loved Picard, he wasn't just waiting to pounce on him.

It has to be Spock. By far the best and I cannot believe Riker is winning! Where are you, QSMB?  :naughty:

I'm here, Spock needs to win! :bow: And...he's the best because I love him...even though I already have a boyfriend...

Chakotay. He had difficult job melding both crews together at the beginning of the show.

Hmmm Spock or Riker thats a tuff one i mean Riker is nr2 coolist dude in starfleet next to Kirk,but spock is the logical choice :blink:

Spock is awesome, but I would have a hard time getting around his Vulcan frigidness.

I'Ve gotta go with Chakotay. If any one can be brunt in an understanding way, it's him.

I had to give Riker the nod on this one. I consider it a very tight 3-way race between Riker, Kira, and Chakotay. Riker just seemed to me to be better at "thinking outside the box". If I am captain, I would rather have Riker there to save my butt. He would find a way no matter how impossible the odds might be.

T'pol has her "drug" problem.

Spock was ok, but I would prefer any of the big 3 above to him. Spock was just a little weak on leadership qualities.

I am a great fan of Spock and voted him best Science Officer but strictly on a First Officer basis I went for Riker. I think he was the epitome of a First Officer in duty and loyalty and competence. It was hard not to vote for Kira but I always felt she had a personal agenda which was okay with her duty on DS9 since her duty there involved Bajor.