Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

'COFFEE' THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS

TOO MUCH FOR ME TODAY, THAT'S OBVIOUS :) :wow::clap::flex:

DO YOU DRINK TOO MUCH? COFFEE, I MEAN? :) HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH? :D

I don't think it's possible to have to much coffee, or anything else that has caffeine in it. I couldn't function without massive quantities of caffeine everyday. :)

caffeine never really did much for me. but coffee has become more of something i drink now. i never, never used to really drink it.

I am in the Navy. When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water. I think at that time my blood was half caffeine. :)

I am in the Navy.  When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water.  I think at that time my blood was half caffeine. :)

I agree, Odie. we in the Navy enjoy massive quantities of Coffee that often resembles used motor oil. I know when I go to sea, and even here at home, I have to make sure I don't have too much blood in my Coffee system.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman

I am in the Navy.  When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water.  I think at that time my blood was half caffeine.   :)

I agree, Odie. we in the Navy enjoy massive quantities of Coffee that often resembles used motor oil. I know when I go to sea, and even here at home, I have to make sure I don't have too much blood in my Coffee system.

Inport I try not to drink too much coffee. I need the caffee kick underway. Esp. for the mid-watch on the bridge.

I can only drink about 3 cups of coffee in the morning then i go on to tea :)

I think when one believes it impossible to function without coffee, then he or she has probably had too much, or is addicted. I'm up to about 5-8 cups per day, have been trying to quit for years, and usually feel like I need it to stay awake. Long work weeks don't help too much.

It's also a performance enhancer. I can shave as much as 15 seconds per mile off my running pace if I have a nice strong espresso before going.

What do you think of THAT?

I am in the Navy.  When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water.  I think at that time my blood was half caffeine.   B)

Sometimes I feel that way too, between the coffee, Dark French Roast, freshly ground, freshly brewed, I clean the pot too :b-day: Some people Never clean the pot, what a shame, you miss SO much. And real cream, non of that non-dairy liquid or powdered nonsense, that stuff clogs your blood vessels, Palm Oil, is very bad for you. and the Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Chocolate, I'm usually Zooming 20 hours a day B) B)

I enjoy coffee, preferably fresh and a good blend. The stuff thats been on the burner all day, resembling motor oil, is not for me. Yuck! Give me Diet Mountain Dew instead!! B)

I don't drink coffee, I get up in the morning and have a nice cold can of Coca Cola!!!

Who you tryin to kid??? B)

I am in the Navy.  When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water.  I think at that time my blood was half caffeine.   B)

Sometimes I feel that way too, between the coffee, Dark French Roast, freshly ground, freshly brewed, I clean the pot too B) Some people Never clean the pot, what a shame, you miss SO much. And real cream, non of that non-dairy liquid or powdered nonsense, that stuff clogs your blood vessels, Palm Oil, is very bad for you. and the Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Chocolate, I'm usually Zooming 20 hours a day B) :b-day:

I need the coffee when I am underway on a ship. I work very long hours and most of it is on my feet. When I go TAD to USS O'Brien will very lucky if I had one day where I can get 8 whole hours of sleep. Normally it might 4 hours before the mid-watch, and 2 hour power nap for lunch.

Edited by Odie

I LOVE A POWER NAP!!!! B) Sometimes even while standing up :b-day: B)

Edited by Jeanway

I LOVE A POWER NAP!!!! B) Sometimes even while standing up B)  B)

I actually have fell asleep standing up before, the trick is to prop yourself up against something. :b-day:

I have to limit myself to two cups of coffee a day. Did I mention the cup is 24 ounces?:b-day:

B) (me after three cups)

I LOVE A POWER NAP!!!! B) Sometimes even while standing up B)  :b-day:

I learn how sleep standing up while in boot camp!

Edited by Odie

I think when one believes it impossible to function without coffee, then he or she has probably had too much, or is addicted.  I'm up to about 5-8 cups per day, have been trying to quit for years, and usually feel like I need it to stay awake.  Long work weeks don't help too much. 

It's also a performance enhancer. I can shave as much as 15 seconds per mile off my running pace if I have a nice strong espresso before going.

What do you think of THAT?

nik, lighten up, Man. O.K. Buddy :frusty: You know I'm just kidding with you, don't you? Read any good books lately, huh? :frusty: ::How many seas on the moon, she mutters to herself:: :P

Edited by Jeanway

Coffee, coffee, coffee! :insert tweaky hyper look here:

I love my coffee, tea and soda. I finally had to start drinking decaf tea at night after I discovered I could go 28+ hours without being able to sleep! :frusty:

No need to make the insomnia worse.

Ever start your day by putting a couple of really good scoops of vanilla ice cream in a glass then pouring hot coffee in to fill the glass to the top. :blink: MMMMMMM :blink: Nice in the summer.

Ever start your day  by putting a couple of really good scoops of vanilla ice cream in a glass then pouring hot coffee in to fill the glass to the top. :blink: MMMMMMM :blink: Nice in the summer.

Heven't done that, but I will occassionally pour a pint of hot coffee, add a handful of crushed ice, and drink it as fast as I can. The point is not to enjoy it, but to get a large dose of caffiene in my blood. The injection speed, combined with the fact that cold liquids absorb more quickly, is a nice natural "nitro-injection" for the sytem. It's a beautiful thing! But I'm not addicted...........

Edited by nik

There is new research that suggests a constant intake of small amounts of caffeine may keep you up longer than a lot of caffiene in a short period of time. :rolleyes: