Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

'COFFEE' THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS

I never did this before. Yesterday I was feeling really tired so I drank a 20 oz. bottle of Coke in about a minute. Felt sooo much better :rolleyes: Think I'll do that more often. :b-day::clap: "CAFFIENE IS GOOD!!" :b-day:

:rolleyes: "CAFFIENE IS GOOD!!" :b-day:

Caffiene is our friend. All hail caffiene.......

Let me re-iterate that I am not addicted to caffiene.... I take it for the taste.

I like the taste and the energy it provieds....

I'm going to have to take some Red bull every night with my schedule....

I have a pin that says "I worship the coffee god". Need I say more? :rolleyes:

I have to make sure I don't have too much blood in my Coffee system.

:rolleyes: I can't tell you how many times I used this little phrase since you posted it Jim :b-day:

I am in the Navy.  When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water.  I think at that time my blood was half caffeine. :rolleyes:

got too much blood in your caffiene system, Odie?

I know, alot of people don't like the fact that I smoke, but Coffee and Marlboro reds are the only things sparing the lives of certain people in my office.

edit: By the way, I forgot I had already posted on this thread. :oops:

Edited by Lieutenant JG Jim Phaserman

Marlboros HUH? Hope they are the 'Lights'. Those full flavor ones really give you a kick. :rolleyes::clap: I need to quit smoking. :b-day: I wish I never started. :clap::b-day::b-day:

I didn't even know you smoked. and they are 100's, not lights. I sucked down a pot and a half of coffee today to go along with my Cowboy Killers.

How much coffee do you drink?

Sometimes I drink a cup, but usually 2 or three...

I am in the Navy.  When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water.  I think at that time my blood was half caffeine.   :laugh:

got too much blood in your caffiene system, Odie?

I know, alot of people don't like the fact that I smoke, but Coffee and Marlboro reds are the only things sparing the lives of certain people in my office.

edit: By the way, I forgot I had already posted on this thread. :oops:

I remember you asking me that question months ago. Right now being in shore duty status I really don't drink much coffee. I try to keep my caffine down so when I am back to a ship I get the caffine kick with one or two cups of Navy coffee. :thumbs:

Edited by Odie

People like me a lot better after my third cup of joe in the morning! (Or maybe it's that I like people a lot better after my third cup :thumbs: ) Either way, when I was working, I would drink a 12 cup pot all by myself before noon. I don't do that anymore, but I do get in at least 4 cups every morning.

As I sit here chewing on chocolate covered coffee beans and washing them down with liquid coffee. :wow: Naa, I'm not addicted :wow:

As I sit here chewing on chocolate covered coffee beans and washing them down with liquid coffee.  :wow: Naa, I'm not addicted :huh:

262461[/snapback]

:wow: My mom does that too. The chocolate covered coffee beans are too much for me. There is no way I could stomach coffee today. I'm actually thinking of making some hot tea and I usually hate hot tea.

I am in the Navy.  When I was aboard a ship I was drinking more coffee than water.  I think at that time my blood was half caffeine.   :wow:

I agree, Odie. we in the Navy enjoy massive quantities of Coffee that often resembles used motor oil. I know when I go to sea, and even here at home, I have to make sure I don't have too much blood in my Coffee system.

Inport I try not to drink too much coffee. I need the caffee kick underway. Esp. for the mid-watch on the bridge.

194214[/snapback]

I, too, was in the Navy. I retired 2 years ago and spent the whole time saturated with coffee. Now I only drink a pot and a half a day. I had to slow down a bit as I didn't need to stay awake 12 days a week anymore.

So, YES, I love coffee. :wow:

**WARNING** Watch out for that mid-afternoon let down :wow: Either have some more coffee or get over it. I'm trying to get over it but I think I'm losing the battle :huh: . :wow:

I love coffee. My doctor told me to cut back, so I told him I cut back the number of cups I had a day in half. He said that's great how'd you do it? I said I got twice as big of a cup. :dude: He did not find that funny! :doctor:

WAYS I'VE TRIED TO CUT BACK:

1. Use smaller cups. But then I'd refill them :dude:

2. Drink tea instead. But then I'd drink twice as much tea. :clap:

3. Dump the cup out when I had only drank half. :dude:

4. Use half hot water and half coffee from the pot. :bow:

5. Use more cream or milk. :(

6. Put tea bags in the coffee maker basket instead of coffee. :dude:

NONE OF THESE THINGS HELPED SO I JUST STOPPED DOING THEM. :blush: :angry:

DON'T EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT DE-CAF :laugh:

I love coffee! I can't walk into a dunkin donuts without getting an iced cofee, coffee coolatta, or an iced late. I just LOVE coffee!

The longest I've ever gone without coffee is 4 days. That 4th day just busted my chops. :dude::blush:

Well I just had 3 cups of coffee.  :blush:

262785[/snapback]

OH, I'm sorry RC. :angry: But maybe next time you should just stay out of the Coffee thread til you get over the hump. Each time I try I learn what NOT to do next time. Like trying to quit smoking. :laugh: I still drink coffee and I still smoke. :dude: I'm not doing so well either. :clap: And eat too much sugar and don't get enough exercise. AW Crap. :helpsmilie:

:angry: OH, so this means your better now, well that's good then, right? :laugh::clap: I drink coffee even when I'm sick. ESPECIALLY when I don't feel well AND pop Excedrin :bow::dude:

Til I look like this guy-->> :dude::blush: I'm just one big addiction. :dude: