Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q stole my bike

My useless log thingy

Oooo! I luv your new av, RC! Reminding me of how long it's been since I've done any of my art, kind of exploring other interests now, since my graphics were all I did over the summer.

Forgot to say, on Sunday I went to the museum to see this exhibit of some art from a Dutch museum (can't remember the name) It was basically impressionism to modern/abstractism, and there was a lot Van Gogh and Mondrian. I was more interested in the modern stuff, I luv Mondrian (he's the guy that did the squares)

I have returned!

So much has happened since my last appearance! Now, I'm sure you're wondering what I was up to all that time. Nothing much really. Oooo! I got my tragus (the piece of cartilage right next to where your ear opens up, hard to explain...I should take a pic) pierced. And one of my good friends and I went to a Marilyn Manson concert! Yay! And I went to DC for a few days. Then nothing happened until Christmas...lets see, present highlights...DDR and cash. Yay for cash. And then on the first it was my 16th birthday, and my boyfriend gave me a dozen red roses :laugh:

Yay! I have very little homework tonight, so I've been trying to teach myself how to play the bass and guitar parts in Marilyn Manson's Tourniquet. I've got the bass line down pretty much down, but the guitar part is being a pain. Oh well, I should be happy, this is the first time I've acctually tried to learn a song by ear and gotten somewhere.

Oooh! I forgot to say, a friend of mine gave me Brave New World for my birthday, and it's very good so far. Bizzarre too, but I like bizzarre B)

Weee! What an eventful day. In chemestry we did a really cool hydrogen lab and got to make little explosions. Then I learned that I got a B on the math test that everyone else did badly on. So, here I was going to my photography class. I was happy, and really excited about developing my first pictures. Judging the negatives, I though they were going to look cool. Then, when I made the contact sheet I left the light on the enlarger on for too long and overexposed them. The result was an entire sheet of blackness. I could have cried. But, it all turned out alright; my teacher said that since my negatives were ok that it was no big deal, since a contact sheet is just used to decide which pictures to make prints with (it's just all the pictures on one sheet, same size as the negatives. I call them "Positives :P )

Then, I discovered a new hobby: fractal rendering. I'm thinking of putting some on my site, but I'd have to convert them to jpeg, because I saved them in bitmap form. I'm just kind of scared that I might lose some of the great detail, since jpegs are lower quality and all. Whatever. Fractals rock

Uggg...craziness last night...

Well, yesterday an ice storm came through and the power went out. Now what is there to do when there's no electrcity? Get drunk! So I gorged myself on beer and rum and cokes., and I don't think I've ever been more drunk. Then I played poker. Then I started to feel sick.

So, at about four I woke up becuase I felt like crap, and Mel Brooks' History of the World was on TV (note: by that time we had power again) so I watched it. Many lols.

And now I'm trying to get my computer to not be so incompitent. I just finished purging some unneeded files, and it said that it doesn't need to be defragmented. I'm thinking of getting some type of upgrade...

Calling all computer geeks: Now my computer has an 800 mHz processor and 128mb memory, I want a 2 gHz processor and/or 256mb memory. Which one should I get? Or should I just indulge myself and get both?

Hey. :)

I'm no comp geek, but since I just bought a new laptop I've had to ask a bunch of people about this recently. I used to be on a comp with 256 RAM and a 900mhz processor. The new laptop came with a 1.3ghz Celeron M and I upgraded the memory from 256 to 512. I love it, even though some people would advise against the 1.3. It's really fast for all the stuff I do, so I have no need for anything higher.

It all depends on what programs you intend to run, how many at once, and how important speed is to you. If money doesn't matter, I'd recommend both, a new desktop (around 500 bucks), or a new laptop (starts around 700 bucks).

If money DOES matter (like it did with me; I got a good discount), I dunno. Some people told me memory was the more important of the two. :(

w00t! Today we had a snow day, I guess there must be some bad trees down around school, since all the ice is melted. Whatever, I'm just happy that I didn't have to go to school today. Mainly because I was so tired from waking up at 4am yesterday. Last night I went to bed at ten and slept until 9:30. So I really didn't do anything today, other than watch DS9 and work on an English paper. I also finsished up an application for a theatre study program at Oxford. That's about it.

Thank you.

Today I had the first rehearsal for Romeo and Juliet. Sadly, this time I'm just the girl in charge of the props. But I get to handle swords, which is neat. Yay, pointy objects! Today my wonderful mommy mailed my application *crosses fingers*

:lol: cool but can't you get ....dun....with them?

*looking at watch* ooohhh i gotta go college now :lol: i got a new timetable B)

Oh, crap on a stick!  I just found out that they're gonna cancel Enterprise. NOOOOOOO!  *goes in a dark corner and cries*

301349[/snapback]

I feel the same way Q..Such depressing news for sure.. :clap:

Oh, crap on a stick!  I just found out that they're gonna cancel Enterprise. NOOOOOOO!  *goes in a dark corner and cries*

301349[/snapback]

You can always join in on the effort to continue ENT and halt this cancellation. :cool1:

post-812-1095566621.gif

Yeah, I sent a fax yesterday, but I'm preparing for the worst. *stockpiles booze and prozac*

Anyways, I got accepted into that theatre program! *more details in the party loco forum*

Today in math we had fractal day, which is when we can get extra credit for wearing fractal outfits. I made a fractillous t-shirt, pants, and a pillowcase.* Oooo! And using cardstock and tape I made a Sierpinski triangle hat.

Well, today I found out that I didn't make the play that I just tried out for >_> meh, I'll have the summer to be a theatre freak. Besides, this way I'll have more time to watch DS9 reruns. w00t.

Q

How You ?

A old face not been not here for a while

Forgive me not a old face .a lost friend

tokar.

Hello, Tokar *waves*

Yeah, I know, mine isn't poetic, but I'm tired.

We're gonna get a hottub, started browsing yesterday. So exciting!

NO SLEEP TIL....Belgium?

My spring break starts on Thursday, and if you haven't guessed, I'll be going to Belgium. Amsterdam too! Maybe I'll see Hang.

Now I should be excited, but no, all my teachers want to cram as much stuff into our heads before we leave and forget it all. I'm especially mad at my math teacher. Here's how today's class went:

him: I've decided to give you a free period on Thursday.

us: Yay!

him: And I know that you'll forget anything new, so I'm not going to go over any new material

us: YAY!

him: Now here's a 15-page packet on rational functions. It's due on Wednsday.

AAAAAAAAHHHH!

And that's not it, here's how my week goes:

-Tomarrow: rough draft of a research paper for English (at least it's a fun topic: Star Trek's influence on technology, still time consuming though), vocab quiz in German

-The next day: German test, math packet due

-The next next day: Chemistry test

w00t, that's still not even taking into account homework in health, today's chem homework, and English work for the rest of the week.

7uy h6y7urt5f <------me collapsing on the keyboard.

Hello, finally back *waes*

Let's see...trip highlights...Oooo! Belgium offically has the best beer. I especially like Chimay blue, which has an alcohol content of about 9. Isn't that about 3 American beers? And I also adore Mort Subite, which comes in tasty fruit flavors, I like raspberry the best. While in Brussles I learned something: rain+big open, empty, pedestrian only square+cobblestones+dark+drunk=faceplant.

Yes, I did eat a spacecake in Amsterdam. Quite a memorable expericene. Felt like the room was moving. Then I watched Spoungebob and thought it was the best thing ever.

Yes, I did other stuff...but I'm tired and I think I'll go now.

w00t. Just letting you all know that I'm still alive, sort of. Just been busy and tired out with school work. Summer isn't coming fast enough.

Hello QSMB! Are you still working on a thread/ fan fiction using characters from STF? If so, and you're looking for more material, you can add me - Jaz. PM, please, if you decide to use me. I haven't, as yet, read your thread. :P :P

BTW: I can't wait for summer, either! :P