Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Ever feel like the Mods are following you?

alterego follows me all the time.

263918[/snapback]

:wacko: No I don't. I read posts is all. In the past I've been perturbed when you blackout a forum with responses but I've gotten over it a great deal. :o

Too anyone with with a problem with Mods doing their jobs here I say you could always go back to totally un-modded st.com. Sheesh. :P

Too anyone with with a problem with Mods doing their jobs here I say you could always go back to totally un-modded st.com.  Sheesh. :(

263933[/snapback]

:o :wacko: :hug:

Amen to that. The mods have better things to do with their time then follow particular members around. :P

Do the Mods "follow you" around? No, do the Mods read everything you post? Yes. That's why they are Mods, to Moderate. In order to moderate you have to not only read everything that's posted but pay attention to what's being said.

Personally I'm very grateful for the Mods, they do a lot of work in trying to keep things friendly and fun here which is really a full time job and it's something that every one of the Mods do voluntarily and in some cases take a lot of abuse while doing it.

So it's not a matter of "following you around", it's a matter of moderating the posts made on the board. Hence the title "Moderator".

I'm grateful you're there. I'm just being an idiot jerk right now.

263954[/snapback]

No problem WAB. :wacko: Have a fun happy weekend of posting before, ugh, Monday.

Do the Mods "follow you" around? No, do the Mods read everything you post? Yes. That's why they are Mods, to Moderate

Actually yes they do..One in particular does..The rest ignore me when i IM them

And thats why i choose not to post here as often as i once did..

Do the Mods "follow you" around? No, do the Mods read everything you post? Yes. That's why they are Mods, to Moderate

Actually yes they do..One in particular does..The rest ignore me when i IM them

And thats why i choose not to post here as often as i once did..

263963[/snapback]

You're right in the sense that the Mods will read what you post as soon as they see it on their "New Post" list. But you're incorrect if you think they are reading it specifically because you posted it. They read your posts, they read WAB's posts and they read my posts as soon as they see them posted. I've even had Moderators here Moderate some of my posts to move them, add spoilers or whatever. Moderators Moderate, period.

As far as Mods ignoring IM's (I assume you are talking about PM's since IM's are separate from the board) you have to keep in mind that the Mods get ALOT of PM's. I have over 5,000 PM's in my in box from the past several months. It's not unusual for me to log on and spend an hour to an hour and a half just responding to PM's. It's not unusual for me to see 15 PM's in my inbox at one time, and when I respond to them I will get several replies to my replies and that generates replies to the replies of my replies.

Basically of people will use this site to have fun and not use it as a place for confrontation they won't get moderated very often, and won't feel like they are being "picked on" or "followed".

You're right in the sense that the Mods will read what you post as soon as they see it on their "New Post" list. But you're incorrect if you think they are reading it specifically because you posted it. They read your posts, they read WAB's posts and they read my posts as soon as they see them posted. I've even had Moderators here Moderate some of my posts to move them, add spoilers or whatever. Moderators Moderate, period.

As far as Mods ignoring IM's (I assume you are talking about PM's since IM's are separate from the board) you have to keep in mind that the Mods get ALOT of PM's. I have over 5,000 PM's in my in box from the past several months. It's not unusual for me to log on and spend an hour to an hour and a half just responding to PM's. It's not unusual for me to see 15 PM's in my inbox at one time, and when I respond to them I will get several replies to my replies and that generates replies to the replies of my replies.

Basically of people will use this site to have fun and not use it as a place for confrontation they won't get moderated very often, and won't feel like they are being "picked on" or "followed".

i guess you didn't read the two PMS i sent you..they explain everything

And i still think that certian mods are parinoid people that are only looking for excuses to querue,Suspend or even throw out certian people and let the spammers go free

Thats all i will say about that ..unless provoked

i guess you didn't read the two PMS i sent you..they explain everything

And i still think that certain mods are parinoid people that are only looking for excuses to querue,Suspend or even throw out certian people and let the spammers go free

Thats all i will say about that ..unless provoked

263984[/snapback]

Yeah, I read every PM that I get. If I didn't respond it's likely because I get so many that by the time I spend an hour responding to them my Carpal Tunnel is bothering me and I have to log off for a while. Then when I come back I have a whole batch of new PM's to respond to and eventually the few that I missed earlier are forgotten about.

You have to take into consideration that I too like to post and read the different threads about Star Trek, if a few PM's aren't responded to then I apologize but it's not that you are "Ignored". If you bring concerns to me I address them even if I don't tell you the outcome or manor in which they are addressed.

And for the record, when someone is "Queued" it creates A LOT more work for the Mods and is really a pain in the butt. If I "Queue" a member then it's my responsibility to watch for new posts that are in the "Queue" and then I have to go and read them and approve or disapprove them so they will show up on the board.

Trust me, none of the Mods enjoy putting someone into "Queue", that just means that their job increased by 50% if they do.

No I don't feel like the Mods are following me. That's called being full of yourself and/or being paranoid. Maybe it's a guilty concience about something, I don't know. If you inadvertently do something by mistake or just out of ignorance or in a moment of insanity, maybe they might but generally no. But if your constantly insulting people or just being nasty eventually someone will notice a pattern and someone complains about you then a Mod might watch you.

Some people should just try to get along with everyone ie: members, administration. If you CAN'T and you find the way the site operates objectionable then maybe you or they should just find another site more to their liking. Constantly finding fault with everyone and causing problems for everyone is not pleasant for anyone. I come here to enjoy myself, talk to other members, joke around, write stories, read other peoples posts and generally have fun. That is MY intention. I don't like to argue and fight ALL the time and pick people apart. No one likes that. I don't always agree with everything but you know what? So what. I'm just one member. I'm NOT that important. No ONE person is. This is not aimed at one person, it's just MY opinion.

And arguing with Administration isn't such a good idea either. I've PMed Mods many times and didn't get a reply til one or two days later, so what, they're busy but I don't throw a hissy fit over it. :wacko: You know I think some people are put on this Earth to teach us Patience and Tolerance. :P

Edited by Jeanway

:wacko: Nope i have never had the feeling the Mods are following me*looks over shoulder* :shifty3: lol nah i cant say i have had that feeling i think because i have nothing to worry about,my posts are always within the rules so i have no reason to think they are watching me :( ....but there is someone following me and reads all my posts...DEBBIE :P :o

I never have any problems with the mods. There are few times that they may edited my posts. I think about it first and the decision made sense to me. I've come here to have fun and meet new people.

:naughty: ....but there is someone following me and reads all my posts...DEBBIE :eekout:  :laugh:

264039[/snapback]

*THWACK* :sweatdrop: with comments like that its no wonder i do :laugh:

I have never even thought about it till i saw this thread so i cant say i have ever had that feeling,as far as i know i have never been warned for anything or been told to watch what i post so i dont worry about such things.

But it is nice to know all posts are read i think its a good idea, that way nothing is missed.

A lot of times a moderator will log on and immediately start reading all the new posts. If you post everyday, your posts are read everyday. If you are posting for several hours in a day, as different moderators log on to the board, and start readig new posts, they will appear to be focused on you if you are still posting. But is not a part of some conspiracy to 'follow you around.'

During the summer almost everytime I logged on I read new posts all over the board. Since I am back at work I am more selective, and always read new posts in the Enterprise forum. I am not shadowing the members who post there. It is just that I read the posts there.

Yes the mods are following me because they're all in love with me... Don't mess with my delusions! ::glares at everyone and hisses::

Sometimes I do, yeah. But I'm a rocker, man! If any Mods come following me I'll get out my tyre iron and knock them right off their mopeds. Lets all go to Brighton!