Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Babylon 5 or Stargate SG1

Which is best B5 or SG1?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best B5 or SG1?

• Babylon5
    • Stargate SG1

Babylon 5. I liked the stories and characters more - especially the aliens like the Minbari, Centauri, & Narns. And I agree with CJLP that it's a lot like DS9.

B5 and SG1

One series I wanted to watch but couldn't (didn't have the channel), and another series I don't feel like watching, but probably should. ;)

I've seen alot more of B5, and really want to buy all the eps at some point in the future. I just can't make myself get interested in SG1 for some reason. I vote B5.

I voted Stargate but it was a hard decision. I have to say I watched and loved both. B5 had good characters and thrilling stories. But Stargate is more fun!

OMG! I think that this is the hardest question posted yet on the boards.

Stalemate... I cant make the decision.

Both series have great writing, special effects and kick arse.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I'd have to go with Stargate SG-1, because I just couldn't get into Babylon 5.

Although J. Michael Straczynski, was an expert in weaving the storylines and he managed to make an exportable show, it hasn't the humour and the frustration mix the way stargate has, infact they at the end of B5 killed their main -and went for a new season minus any threat

Stargate manages to kick all sci-fi shows in to touch they have a good cast who look as though they like their place of work and storylines that get better AND THEY REPLACE THEIR ENEMIES WITH WORSE ONES!

Any more opinions here?  :P

I could post mine again to make you feel better. :o Seriously though... the reason why I didn't like Babylon 5 was becuase it felt too sci-fi and I couldn't really identify with the characters like I can with those from Trek. SG-1, on the other hand, is set in the present which makes the characters believable and the situations much easier to grasp, becuase you can picture yourself in them. :o

B5 and SG1

One series I wanted to watch but couldn't (didn't have the channel), and another series I don't feel like watching, but probably should. :frusty:

I've seen alot more of B5, and really want to buy all the eps at some point in the future. I just can't make myself get interested in SG1 for some reason. I vote B5.

I have not seen the SG1 series; I loved the movie but just can't seem to get into it and like Ace said, it's probably something I should try since so many Trek fans praise it. I have seen almost every B5 episode and I love B5. Crusade was also somewhat interesting, but it really wasn't going anywhere, so I see why it only had one season :P

Click For Spoiler
For B5, I always get excited when Delenn goes into her cocoon thingy, b/c when she comes out she has hair!!! One of my favorite episodes is when she is having a bad hair day and seeks Susan Ivonave's (sorry for spelling :P )

:force::picard-sith:

Jaina

(spoiler fixed)

Edited by Alterego

I like StarGate but Babylon 5 is by far the best! The only thing it has in common with DS9 is that it's on a space station. I haven't seen that many episodes of stargate but B5 just had this well thought out complexity that SG never seemed to have.

Eh, I'm more of a Babylon 5 fan. :laugh::bow:

:cloud9: SciFi isn't rerunning the series anymore though. :flowers:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by drfly42

I've actually never watched Babylon 5. Well actually I've seen 5 minutes of it, thats it.

I voted for SG1.

I've only seen a handful of eps of SG-1 (of the ones I've seen I like the Other Guys and the Tomb) but i do like it. It is like a modern day Star Trek without a starship. It also has a very interesting concept behind the series.

I've never seen Babylon 5 but I've heard its similar to DS9. Of course, its difficult to distinguish which is a clone of which, from what I've heard.