Sign in to follow this  
Derro

Birthplace

The U.S?  Nobody's referred to that for 400 years! :o

(I'm posting in character. B) )

The U.S. is not a country but France is? Nowhere have I heard the United States ceased to exist.

Good point, it was late. B) However, I figured that Trek's portrayal of our future, the U.S. would be referred to by individual states rather as the United States. I guess the USA would be arround, but people would refer to a state as they would a country. Make sense?

Lots of characters didn't have birthplaces listed but it is interesting to see countries listed for some non-American born characters but not for American born.

Isn't that interesting. I tried to see if I could find any Canadian or Mexican characters tp see how they were listed. I think one of the ensigns in "Lower Decks" was from Canada but there was no birthplace listed.

The reasoning may be something benign like they only have so many character spaces. Still it seems a bit odd.

I was born in Arrowe park hospital, Birkenhead, Wirral, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe, The Multi-Verse...

The U.S?  Nobody's referred to that for 400 years! :o

(I'm posting in character. B) )

The U.S. is not a country but France is? Nowhere have I heard the United States ceased to exist.

I too have never heard of the US ceasing to exist in Trek BUT! Also have I never heard the term "United States" used, only "United Earth". NWO?

I did a search at Startrek.com and found the words the United States in the TOS episode the Omego Glory. I'd have to rewatch it but I remember Kirk quotes the Constitution.

A United Earth could have separate countries just as the United States has several states or Canada has provinces.

What does NWO mean?

New World Order, I believe.

wink.gif Correct.

I did a search at Startrek.com and found the words the United States in the TOS episode the Omego Glory. I'd have to rewatch it but I remember Kirk quotes the Constitution.

Yeah but if I remember correctly that's in a "past" tense.

Boston, Mass. Don't live there anymore, now I live about 20 miles or so north of Master_Q's home town.

Louisville, KY. Derby City!!! Yeah Baby, Yeah!!! :assimilated:

"If you don't have anything nice to say,,, say it about Louisville."

( :clap: J/k. As long as we Lexingtonians have the better basketball team, I'm fine. :clap: )

I seem to remember a certain team from Louisville (with a certain head coach formerly from UK by the way of Boston) beating a certain team from Lexington. The rest of you will have to forgive us but in Kentucky basketball borders on religion, and this is a rivalry thing. :waaaa:

I seem to remember a certain team from Louisville (with a certain head coach formerly from UK by the way of Boston) beating a certain team from Lexington. The rest of you will have to forgive us but in Kentucky basketball borders on religion, and this is a rivalry thing. :waaaa:

I know; I was there. :tear:

At least we're still in the AP poll. :tear:

In my case, Earth, North American Continent, Great lakes region in a place called Milwaukee (Gathering of the Waters, in the Chippawa language), during those heady years of the late 50's.

I was born in Tønsberg, Norway.

:grin:

Edited by 3 of 7

I was born in PORT HURON MICHIGAN

(Boyhood home of Tomas Edison)

The U.S?  Nobody's referred to that for 400 years! :wow:

(I'm posting in character. :wow: )

I too have never heard of the US ceasing to exist in Trek BUT! Also have I never heard the term "United States" used, only "United Earth". NWO?

So tempting, Alterego...soo tempting...

By the way, I was born in Long Beach, California. so, same County as Alterego. except I was born a couple years after he was...

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman