Sign in to follow this  
removed

All-time favourite Christmas song

I'll have to think long and hard about this one, but I figured it was a good topic starter, so what is your all-time favourite Christmas song?

My favorite religious song is "O Little Town of Bethlehem." Actually, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is my favorite, but most people don't consider that one of the religious carols.

My favorite secular Christmas song is "Carol of the Bells." Favorite version is by Johnny Mathis.

:bag::dude: all I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth...

B) no wait I like grandma got run over by a reindeer..

:rolleyes: no wait its santa baby.......................... :)

oh I give up!!! I have to many favorite songs!!

well thats a tough one but heres a few

little drummer boy done by bob segar

silent night by stevie knicks

santa clause is coming to town done by bruce springstein

carol of the bells by metallica(not what your thinking, it sounds great)

three ships by jon anderson

and my newest favorite is

where are you christmas by faith hill kinda depressing but so beautifully done.

well thats just a few of my faves there are sooooo many to choose from.

Mine is "O Holy Night." It's a beautiful song, and I just love to listen to it. It doesn't matter what voice part is singing it... bass to soprano... it sounds awesome!

My second favorite is "Carol of the Bells." It sounds best when there's a choir singing it a cappella. But it's also good with an orchestra, and there are so many variations of it... it's all good.

And my third favorite is "Sleighride." Not so much for the words. It just sounds wonderful when it's just an orchestra. I especially love it when sound effects are added with musical instruments. (Clip-clops of hooves, whip cracking, horse whine with a trumpet.) I just love that.

And finally... one of my least favorite Christmas songs is "Let It Snow." I like snow and everything... but I just don't care for this song. (Perhaps having to sing it many times during choir practice one year has something to do with it.)

:look:  :dude: all I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth...

:biggrin: no wait I like grandma got run over by a reindeer..

:bow:  no wait  its santa baby.......................... :bow:

Add White Christmas and you have my list right there.

I don't know what the song is called, I think it's "Jingle Bells Rock" or something. I really love that song, though I'm not that much into Christmas :biggrin:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Those are all great Christmas songs and I like them all. I feel I should mention one that I like..

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch..!! :biggrin:

:bow:

:bow:  :look: all I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth...

:dude: no wait I like grandma got run over by a reindeer..

:bow:  no wait  its santa baby.......................... :biggrin:

Add White Christmas and you have my list right there.

lol ddillard!!!

This is so difficult for me. Because I have so many favorites. But if I must pick one..........."The Christmas Song," by Nat King Cole.

Silent Night, Jingle Bells Rock, and everyother one!!

i love this time of year, theres three major milestones for me in the space of 3 weeks..... my bday, xmas, boxing day feast and new year (wait thats 4! :biggrin:)

I've thought long and hard trying to isolate my favourites, and I thought of "Three Ships" by Sting, and "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas". Those are my two favs.

I have to join that crowd that mentioned " O Holy Night " as a favorite. That is my favorite. A friend and I sang it relentlessly when we were freshmen college students.

A second favorite, which I cannot sing well, is the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. I think it is so appropriate to remember that Christ's resurrection is why we rejoice over His birth.

I also love Little Drummer Boy, Do You Hear What I Hear? ( or Do You See What I See?), Joy To The World, Silent Night, O Come O Come Emmanuel, and others. When we were all still in our parents home, we would gather around the piano to sing all the songs my youngest brother(the family musician) could play, which was just about all of them, on Chrstmas Eve, while my mother cooked in the kitchen.

Happier times........

"Carol of the Bells", by far. We used to sing it in chorus (I'm a 2nd soprano who can double as 1st alto and generally did).

I also like one other one... what was the name...? (OOOOO Gloria, Hosanna in Excelsis)....

There are several others that I sort of like, but what I can't stand is when the radio starts overplaying them.

"I'll Be Home for Christmas". Whenever I hear it, I think about the soldiers who have to spend Christmas away from home.

"...if only in my dreams." :blink:

How Bout That Sanata Claus Parody Of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man"?? B)

I AM SANTA CLAUS!!!

Flying Through The Snow

Can You Hear Him HO HO HO

He's So Full Of Cheer

Only Has To Work One Day A Year

Nobody Sees Him

As He Travels The World

Leaving Presents

For The Good Boys And Girls

It Goes Something Like That B)

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Pretty much any song sung by Bing Crosby. My fav is White Christmas. I like the old fashion traditional christmas songs.

Edited by archerfan

"Happy Christmas (War is Over)!" John Lennon & Yoko Ono

"Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" Burl Ives

Edited by SpaceHippie

My all time fav x-mas song is by WHAM...."LAST CHRISTMAS" :dude: ...this song is pretty sad but i remember strutting my stuff to it at the school x-mas dance... :dude:

Click For Spoiler
Edited by hangon

I love Carol of the Bells. Now if only I could sing it! Another favorite would have to be Where are You, Christmas? probably because that is so close to how I feel this year.

I love Carol of the Bells. Now if only I could sing it! Another favorite would have to be Where are You, Christmas? probably because that is so close to how I feel this year.

289836[/snapback]

I can sing it... In fact I sang it tonight... or last night however you define your day...

I love O Holy Night!!!!