Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WildStar

WildStar Personal Log

I don't know much of anything about computers but my sister has a compaq presario and the cox tech guy who was over fixing the cables in their house said it was an awesome computer and that he wished he had one. We both got the same virus a while back and both had to do a complete system recovery. I lost everything on my C drive her computer backed everything up automatically and she didn't lose a single thing. I'm very jealous, I wish I'd bought the same one she did. :P

Hummm....... is it righ or wrong to blow up a computer? <_<  WHY? well i am haveing a lot of comptroubles as of the last 4 mounths it has cost me over $2.000 so far gust for extra parts.  I am thinking of getting a new one, eny one have a ida of what is the best copmuter to get??

With that amount of money you could have bought a computer! If you had spend that much money on a computer I would have just bought a new one.

:eek: Thanks Odi....

I am trying to find a new one!

:P Ihave had so much troble latly with this darn computer . Ihave had 4 worms and 3 trogens and other virse's....Ihave had enuff trouble withthe computer sence I got itand has been worked on more then been in my house, with all the money i have put out on this darn thing I could have had 2 computers and a TV!

Did you know "TAPS" had words ?

Here is something EVERY AMERICAN should know. TAPS We in the United States have all heard the haunting song, "Taps." It's the song that gives us that lump in our throats and usually tears in our eyes. But, do you know the story behind the song? If not, I think you will be interested to find out about its humble beginnings. Reportedly, it all began in 1862 during the Civil War, when Union Army Captain Robert Ellicombe was with his men near Harrison's Landing in Virginia. The Confederate Army was on the other side of the narrow strip of land. During the night, Captain Ellicombe heard the moans of a soldier who lay severely wounded on the field. Not knowing if it was a Union or Confederate soldier, the Captain decided to risk his life and bring the stricken man back for medical attention. Crawling on his stomach through the gunfire, the Captain reached the stricken soldier and began pulling him toward his encampment. When the Captain finally reached his own lines, he discovered it was actually a Confederate soldier, but the soldier was dead. The Captain lit a lantern and suddenly caught his breath and went numb with shock. In the dim light, he saw the face of the soldier. It was his own son. The boy had been studying music in the South when the war broke out. Without telling his father, the boy enlisted in the Confederate Army. The following morning, heartbroken, the father asked permission of his superiors to give his son a full military burial, despite his enemy status. His request was only partially granted. The Captain had asked if he could have a group of Army band members play a funeral dirge for his son at the funeral. The request was turned down since the soldier was a Confederate. But, out of respect for the father, they did say they could give him only one musician. The Captain chose a bugler. He asked the bugler to play a series of musical notes he had found on a piece of paper in the pocket of the dead youth's uniform. This wish was granted. The haunting melody, we now know as "Taps" ... used at military funerals was born. The words are ... Day is done ... Gone the sun ... From the lakes ... From the hills ... From the sky ... All is well ... Safely rest ... God is nigh .. Fading light ... Dims the sight ... And a star ... Gems the sky .. Gleaming bright ... From afar ... Drawing nigh ... Falls the night .. Thanks and praise ... For our days ... Neath the sun ... Neath the stars ... Neath the sky ... As we go ... This we know ... God is nigh ... I, too, have felt the chills while listening to "Taps" but I have never seen all the words to the song until now. I didn't even know there was more than one verse. I also never knew the story behind the song and I didn't know if you had either so I thought I'd pass it along. I now have an even deeper respect for the song than I did before. REMEMBER THOSE LOST AND HARMED WHILE SERVING THEIR COUNTRY. And also those presently serving in the Armed Forces..

:D Mycomp in still in the shop and I am useing the comp at the Libery and at my mothers house. she hates comuters, Thenext time it breaks donw i an getting a gatway or a dell

:bow: I am back on with my comp the tek says that it should be ok now. I am hopeing that is true

:wow: Ok here is for youpeps that love to cook I will be posting resipys every so often in theOT: cotten cany list, so cheekin to see what I have posted :picard-sith:

craft project

Candied Tea Spoons

You will need.......

Vegetable cooking spray

3/4 pinches Fruit-flavored hard candy,crushed

2 tbs corn syrup

Heavyweight plastic spoons

Jelly roll pan or cookie sheet

Make each bach with a differnent flavered candy.

Line up jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet)with wax papper; spray with cooing spray.

In a heavy sauce pan, combine chrushed candies and cornsyrup over low heat. Stirring frequently, heat until candies melt.

Spoon candy in to bowl of spoons on the prepared pan with the handles or rim and spoons level.

Allow candy to harden. Store in a airtight container.

Yields:24 spoons

more craft

SPECIAL TOUCH CINNAMON ORNAMENTS

No baking and simple for kids!

List of things needed:

1 large bottle(4.12oz) Ground cinnamon

3/4 cup apple sauce

cookie cutters

ribbon

Combine the cinnamon and apple sauce to form a stiff dough, adding additional

apple sauce if necessary. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness, Cut with cookie Cutters. Make hole for ribbon.

Carefully place on wire rack to dry.

Let air dry for several days, turning over occasionally.

Makes 12 Sweet smelling Ornaments

I found out part of my problum that I was haveing is the dar pop up blocker that i have I for get to turn it off when i get to soe of the sightsthat have games :dude: wll I gess we live a learn right?

well I was planing on a holiday but looks like it will not happen :blink: Why? well the Nabior of my mothers is beeing a big pain in the but ( same reasons as before & mom just resintly reported he is not doin his hyard theweeds are hip high and he has a sunk boat in water in the creek leekin gas) no it looks like some thig will hit the fan soon! :b-day:

:waaaa: I have been trying to stay cool in the hot 101 temp that we are haveing the last couple of weeks

lol this is so funny had to share....

Pillsbury Doughboy

It is with the saddest heart that I must pass on the following news:

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community...The

Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and complications from re

peated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned o

ut to pay their respects, including Mrs.Butterworth, Mrs. Smith, Hungry Jack, th

e California Raisins, Betty Crocker, Sara Lee, the Hostess Twinkies, Little Debb

ie, and Captain Crunch. The gravesite was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who ne

ver knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but h

is later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very "smart" c

ookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a littl

e flaky at times, he still, as a crusty old man, was considered a roll model for

millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane

Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father

, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

here is another funny story

A Woman's Prayer

Now I lay me

Down to sleep

I pray the Lord

My shape to keep.

Please no wrinkles

Please no bags

And please lift my butt

Before it sags.

Please no age spots

Please no gray

And as for my belly,

Please take it away.

Please keep me healthy

Please keep me young,

And thank you Dear Lord

For all that you've done.

Five tips for a woman....

1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.

2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.

3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to you.

4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.

5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.

here is another funny story

A Woman's Prayer

Now I lay me

Down to sleep

I pray the Lord

My shape to keep.

Please no wrinkles

Please no bags

And please lift my butt

Before it sags.

Please no age spots

Please no gray

And as for my belly,

Please take it away.

Please keep me healthy

Please keep me young,

And thank you Dear Lord

For all that you've done.

Five tips for a woman....

1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.

2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.

3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to you.

4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.

5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.

*dies laughing* :rolleyes: OMG I have to go post this on my scrapbooking board.