Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WildStar

WildStar Personal Log

Things women say when stressed

1. Okay, okay! I take it back. Un(I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) you.

-

2. You say I'm a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) like it's a bad thing.

-

3. Well, this day was a total waste of make-up.

-

4. Well, aren't we a damn ray of sunshine?

-

5. Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after.

-

8. Therapy is expensive. Popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.

-

9. Why don't you try practicing random acts of intelligence

And senseless acts of self-control?

-

10. I'm not crazy. I've been in a very bad mood for 49 years.

-

11. Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.

-

12. Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't

Gone to sleep yet.

-

13. Back off!! You're standing in my aura.

-

14. Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

-

15. Chaos, panic and disorder reign, my work here is almost done.

-

16. Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

-

17. Earth is full. Go home.

-

18. Aw, d I step on your poor little itty bitty ego?

-

19. I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.

-

20. A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.

-

21. You are depriving some village of an idiot.

:bow: A Dog's Prayer... :assimilated:

Treat me kindly , my beloved master,

For no heart in all the world is more

Grateful for kindness than the loving

Heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick,

For although I should lick your hand

1. between blows, your patience and

Understanding will more quickly teach

Me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the

world’s sweetest music, as you must know

By the fierce wagging of my tail when your

Footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me

Inside, for I am now a domesticated animal,

No longer used to bitter elements.

And I ask no greater glory than the

Privilege of sitting at your feet beside

The hearth. Though had you no home,

I would rather follow you through ice and

Snow than rest upon the softest pillow in

The warmest home in the land, for you are

My g-d and I am your devoted worshipers.

2. Keep my pan filled with fresh water,

For although I should not reproach youWere it dry, I cannot tell you when I

Suffer thirst. Feed me clean food so

That I may stay well to romp and play

And do your bidding, to walk by your

Side, and stand ready willing and able

To protect you with my life should your

Life be in danger.

3. And beloved master, should the Great Master

See fit to deprive me of my health or sight,

Do not turn me away from you. Rather,

Hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands

Grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...

And I will leave you knowing with the last

Breath I draw, my fate was ever safest

In your hands.

--- Beth Norman Harris ---

:VBGal2: Ok I have not posted in myLog ina whiile but Ihave in my resipy area....lol :welcome: I am going to show you some thing I have been working on

Angel Macaroons

1 pkg (16 ounces) one-step angel food cake mix

1/2 cup water

1 1/2 tsp almond extract

2 cups flaked coconut

Preheat the oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, and extract on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl. Beat on medium speed for 1 minutes. Fold in the coconut. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove the paper with the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

Natural Remedies for Mosquito Bites

By Priscilla B.

1. Apply the juice from the leaves of the lycium shrub directly onto the bite. The juice helps to prevent scarring and will speed up the healing.

2. Place a cucumber peel onto the bite area, it will calm the skin and relieve the itchiness.

3. Wipe some cider vinegar on skin before going outdoors, its a natural bug repellent.

4. Swipe the skin with a dab of lavender essential oil, apply a few times a day to reduce swelling.

5. Witch hazel wiped onto bite will stop the irritation.

6. Calamine lotion is an old time remedy. Apply lotion directly onto bite to soothe the skin.

7. Put a cold compress or washcloth on bite to cool skin and get rid of the itchiness.

8. Prevent the critters from biting you in the first place by wearing a dryer sheet on your belt loop.

9. You can make your own repellent by mixing a 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 2 drops of tea tree oil with 3/4 cup of water. Put into a spray bottle. Spray onto skin.

10. Mix 3 drops of lavender essential oil with 2 drops of tea tree oil, apply directly on bite marks to reduce swelling and scarring.

SMART DEPUTY, DUMB LAWYER

A Lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Sheriffs Deputy. He thinks that he is smarter than the Deputy because he is sure that he has a better education.He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the deputies expense...........

Deputy says, "License and registration, please."

Lawyer says, "What for?"

Deputy says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign ."

Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

Deputy says, "You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please."

Lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

Deputy says, "The difference is, you have to come to a complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!"

Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop or convince me of the difference, I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket, if not you let me go and no ticket."

Deputy says, "Exit your vehicle, sir."

At this point, the Deputy takes out his nightstick and starts beating the ever-loving crap out of the Lawyer, and says: "DO YOU WANT ME TO STOP OR JUST SLOW DOWN?"

Lawyer says, "STOP!"

Deputy says, License and registration, please!"

Lawyer says, "OK!"

:elephant: Obituary :laugh:

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as haveing cultivated such valued lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the eallly bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financail policies(don't spend more the you earn) and raliabe parenting strateges(adultes, not kids,are in charge). His health began torapidly deterioraaate when wel-intended but overbearing regulantions were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual herassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspened from schol for useing mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimandig an unrully student only worsedned his condition! He declined even further when schools were requied to get parental comsent to administer aspin to a student but could not inform the parents wwhena student became pregnat. Over time, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandment became contraband, churches became businesses and crminals recived better treatment the their victims. Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to rreallize that s steaming coup of coffee was hot ,spilled itin her lap, and was awared a huge settlement from McDonald's. Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents,Truth and Trust, his wife Discraation, his daughter,Responsiblity, and son Reason. He is survived by two Step brothers,My Rights and Ima Whiner. Not meany attended his funeral cecase fo few realized he was gone.

If you still know him pass this on.

:laugh: Recipe For A Popular Funeral: :elephant:

Take one natural born fool,

Two drinks of beer or whiskey,

Mix ina high-powerd auto-mobil.

When the fool is well soaked,

Place his foot onthe gas,

release brakes.

Remove the fool from the wreck,

Gather up the killed and wounded,

Place the fool in a silk-lined box,

Garnish with flowers and money,

Use a popular preacher.

Thousands will attend.

Unknown

Death-by-Chocolate Cookies

From Cookies: 1,001 Mouthwatering Recipes From Around the World

Two kinds of chocolate and crunchy nuts should satisfy your sweet tooth.

Preparation time: 24 minutes

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Yield: 24 cookies

You Will Need

1 cup all-purpose flour

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

9 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, cut up

3 large eggs

1 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans

6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped

What to Do

1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter four cookie sheets.

2. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Melt the semisweet chocolate and butter in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Beat the eggs and granulated and brown sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy. Beat in the chocolate mixture and vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients, chocolate chips, pecans, and white chocolate.

3. Drop tablespoons of the dough 4 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten the cookies slightly. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8-10 minutes, or until cracked on top. Transfer to racks to cool.

5407896aa262d6883412d781bc0734b7.gif

Lasagna Meatloaf

Total Time: 1 hr 10 min

Makes: 24 servings

Ingredients:

Sauce:

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 onion, chopped

2 tsp. dried basil

2 cans (19 oz. each) chopped tomatoes, undrained

5 ½ oz. can tomato paste

½ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional for those who like a little heat)

Filling:

6 cups fresh spinach

1 egg

1 cup ricotta cheese

½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

3 Tbsp. PARMESAN cheese, grated

3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped

2 Tbsp. milk

1/8 tsp. nutmeg

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Meat:

1 ½ lb. lean ground beef

1 egg, beaten

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, minced

½ cup bread crumbs

3 Tbsp. PARMESAN cheese

½ tsp. salt

½ tsp. pepper

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350° F. Sauce: Cook onion and garlic over medium heat until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and ½ cup tomato paste and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes, continuing to stir often. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Set aside.

Filling: Wash spinach. Shake off excess water but do not dry. Place spinach in a saucepan with no additional water, cover and cook over medium-high heat until just wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.

Mix together egg, cheeses, parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Set aside.

Meat: Mix together all ingredients except meat. Combine with the meat and mix well. Cut two large sheets of waxed or parchment paper. Roll meat mixture into a 18" X 8" rectangle and remove top layer of paper.

Leaving a 1" border on all sides, spread a layer of spinach over meat, followed by cheese mixture and 1 cup of sauce.

Roll meat from the short end, just like you would when making a jellyroll cake, lifting the paper out of the way as you go. Don't worry if some of the filling oozes out, just tuck it back in. Carefully transfer roll, seam side up, to a 9" X 5"

loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until temperature on a meat thermometer reaches 145° F. Let stand for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Drain off excess fat, remove from pan. Serve in slices, covered in the remaining tomato sauce.

Notes:

This is as about as spectacular as meatloaf gets. Stuffed with a cheesy spinach filling and rolled it's as impressive as it is delicious. It's also a sneaky way to get kids to eat spinach.

In a hurry?

Subsitute your favorite bottled pasta sauce for the home made version here.

Crispy Irish Corned Beef And Potato Cakes

By Chef Jamie Roraback

To Serve Four

1 tbsp. vegetable oil

¾ c. onions

1½ c. mashed potatoes

1½ c. cooked corned beef scraps, free of fat, shredded or diced small

3 egg yolks

4 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped

1 c. all-purpose flour

3 eggs, whisked with 3 tbsp. water for egg wash

2 c. bread crumbs, any preferred type, seasoned to tast

Salt and black pepper to taste

Heat sautee pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil and onions. Cook for about two minutes until softened and sweet smelling. In large bowl, combine the onions with the mashed potatoes, corned beef scraps, egg yolks, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix until combined. Form into eight patties about ½-inch thick, place on baking sheet and let chill in refrigerator or freezer until very firm.

Dredge each patty in the flour, dip in egg wash letting excess drip off, and dredge in bread crumbs, pressing gently to adhere breading. Heat sautee pan on medium heat with about ¼-inch of vegetable oil. Test oil by dropping in a few bread crumbs and look for a gentle sizzle. Place four of the patties in the hot oil, brown for about one minute, flip over, and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels or cooling rack. Repeat with the other four patties. If inside is not thoroughly heated through, place on cookie sheet and heat in 400 F oven for five minutes or until hot inside. Serve with cucumber salad, cabbage salad, boiled root vegetables, or use as a foundation for a poached egg for breakfast.

KILLIAN'S IRISH RED GREY CORNED BEEF

Prep Time: 20 Minutes

Cook Time: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes

Ready In: 2 hour and 50 Minutes

Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:

5 pounds grey corned beef brisket

1 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 Bottles (18 fluid ounce) bottle Killian's Irish Red Beer

1 onion, peeled and left whole

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

2 bay leaves

1 head cabbage, cored and cut into wedges

4 large carrots, peeled and sliced

6 large potatoes, cut in quarters

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Rinse the grey corned beef brisket completely and pat dry.

2. Place the grey corned beef brisket on rack in a roasting pan or Dutch oven. Rub the brown sugar on the grey corned beef brisket to coat entire beef, including the bottom. Pour the 1 bottle of Killian's Irish Red Beer around, and gently over the grey corned beef brisket to wet the sugar.

3. Cover, and place in preheated oven. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.

4. During the last hour, put vegetables in the roasting pan. Pour in with the remaining 1/2 bottle of Killian Irish Red Beer.

5. Slice corned beef across grain and serve.

IRISH STEW

serves 4-6

2 lbs. potatoes, thinly sliced

2 lbs. lamb chops

1 lb. onions, thinly sliced

4 carrots, thinly sliced

2 parsnips, halved and thinly sliced salt and pepper

1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped

1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped

1 oz. butter

Thyme sprigs to garnish

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------

Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Arrange one-third of the potatoes in a casserole and add half the chops, onions, carrots and parsnips. Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with half the chopped herbs. Repeat these layers once more and finish with a layer of potatoes. Add one (1) pint of water, cover with buttered greaseproof paper (using a little of the butter) and a lid. Bake for 1-1/2 hours, then remove the lid and greaseproof paper. Dot the potatoes with the remaining butter and cooked, uncovered for 10-15 minutes.

Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve hot with soda bread.

IRISH COFFEE

serves 1

1 tbsp. Irish whiskey

1 tsp. sugar

Strong black coffee

1-2 tbsp. double cream

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------

Directions: Pour the whiskey into a small warmed goblet and add the sugar. Fill to within 1/2-inch of the top with black coffee and stir quickly to dissolve the sugar. *Top with 1/4-inch layer of double cream. *The best way to do this is to hold a spoon over the coffee and gently pour the cream over the back of the spoon so that the cream floats on the the top of the coffee. Do not stir the cream into the coffee.

BROWN SODA BREAD

1-3/4 cups all purpose flour

1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour

3 tablespoons wheat bran

3 tablespoons wheat germ

3 tablespoons old fashioned oats (Quaker) If you can't find wheat bran or wheat germ, double up on the oats

2 tablespoons dark brown sugar

1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons chilled butter cut into pieces

2 cups (about) buttermilk

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -------Direction s: Preheat over to 425F.

Cover baking sheet with flour and shake off excess.

Combine first 9 ingredients, rubbing butter with fingertips (or in Cuisinart) until it resembles fine meal. Stir in enough buttermilk to form a soft dough. Gently knead for about a minute on a floured surface and form into a round, about 6" dia and 2-3" high. Cut a deep X across top. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 35 mins. Bread should be golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on bottom.

I have also added sultanas to this bread and it is very good. If the bread lasts around for a day, it is also good toasted.

GLAZED IRISH TEA CAKE

--CAKE--

3/4 cup butter- room temperature

1 cup Sugar

2 tsp pure Vanilla extract

2 lg Eggs

3 oz Cream cheese- room temperature

1 3/4 cups Cake flour

1 1/4 tsp Baking powder

1/4 tsp Sal

1 cup Dried currants (or dates)

2/3 cup Buttermilk

Directions for Cake: Preheat oven to, with rack in center of oven. Generously grease a 9-inch (7-cup capacity) loaf pan. Dust with flour; tap pan over sink to discard excess flour. Cut piece of parchment paper or waxed paper to fit bottom of pan. Set aside.

Use mixer to cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating each until fluffy. Add cream cheese. Mix until well combined. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Put currants (or dates) in small bowl. Add 1/4 cup of flour mixture to currant and stir until well coated. Add remaining flour to batter, alternating with buttermilk. Mix until smooth. Use wooden spoon to stir in currants and all of the flour. Stir until well combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Smooth surface with spatula. Bake until well-browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour, 25 minutes (time will vary with individual ovens). Cake will crack on top. Let cake rest in pan for 10 minutes. Use flexible metal spatula to separate cake from sides of pan. Carefully remove cake from pan to cooling rack. Spread glaze on warm cake. Let cake cool completely. Cake can be stored 3 days at room temperature in foil. Cake can also be frozen up to 3 months, wrapped airtight.

--GLAZE--

1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar, sifted

2 tsp Fresh lemon juice

Directions for Glaze : combine sugar and lemon juice in small bowl. Stir until smooth.

APPLE AND BLACKBERRY PUDDING WITH CREAM

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel and core about six green cooking apples, thin. Combine the apples with about two pounds of blackberries, or black raspberries, and add about 6 tablespoons of sugar and about half a teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix it all together in a 1 and a half quart baking dish or casserole. Beat together another 6 tablespoons of sugar and an equal amount of soft butter, til fluffy. Beat well, two eggs, then beat them into the butter mixture. Sift a cup of flour together with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, and add them to the butter mixture. Spread the mixture over the fruit. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar when done, and serve with lightly whipped cream. Enjoy!

IRISH WHISKEY CAKE

12 oz. mixed dried fruit

4 tbsp. Whiskey

6 oz. butter

6 oz. soft brown sugar

grated peel of one orange

3 eggs, beaten

8 oz. plain flour

1 tsp. baking powder

pinch of salt

1 tsp. mixed spice

2 oz. ground almonds

Directions: Soak the mixed fruit in the whiskey over night. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Grease 8-inch cake tin. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the orange zest. Gradually beat the eggs. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and mixed spice and add to the egg mixture with the fruit, whiskey and the ground almonds. Pour/turn the mixture into the cake tin and bake for

1-1/2 to 2 hours.

Variation: Cover the top of the mixture with halved glacé cherries and sprinkle with sugar before baking to give create a crunchy topping.

BLACK PUDDING (IRISH)

Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Irish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ ------------ --------- --------- --

1 lb Pig's liver

1 1/2 lb Unrendered lard, chopped

120 fl Pig's blood

2 lb Breadcrumbs

4 oz Oatmeal

1 Medium onion, chopped

1 t Salt

1/2 ts Allspice

1 Beef casings

Servings: 8

(Always served with an Irish "fry". The preparation of this pudding may be

impracticalthese days due to the difficulty of procuring fresh pig's blood

and casings.) . Stew liver in boiling salted water until tender. Remove

liver, and mince. Reserve cooking liquor. Mix all ingredients in large

bowl. Stir thoroughly until blended. Fill casings with mixture. Tie off in

one-foot loops. Steam for 4-5 hours. Leave until cold. Cut into 1/2 inch

slices as required and fry in hot fat on both sides until crisped.

Boiled Bacon And Cabbage

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Irish Meats

2 1/2 lb Collar of bacon

Medium-sized cabbage

(NB: in Ireland, "bacon" can mean *any* cut of pork except ham. When

people here want what North Americans call bacon, they ask for "rashers"

or "streaky rashers". As far as I can tell, "collar of bacon" is a cut

from the hock, picnic shoulder, or shoulder butt (I am here using terms

from the diagram in THE JOY OF COOKING). You want any thick cut of pork,

with or without bones, about four inches by four inches by four or five

inches. It does not have to have been salted first, but if you want to

approximate the taste of the real Irish thing, put it down in brine for a

day or two, then (when ready to cook it) bring to a boil first, boil about

10 minutes, change the water, and start the recipe from the following

point. .

Place the joint in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to the boil,

Remove the scum that floats to the surface. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2

hours (or 30 minutes per pound). Cut cabbage into quarters and add to

pot. Cook gently for about 1/2 hour, or until cabbage is cooked to your

liking. (Test constantly: don't overdo it!) Drain, and serve with

potatoes boiled in their jackets, and a sharp sauce -- mustard or (if you

can get it) HP sauce.

CORNED BEEF & CABBAGE WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE

Categories: Beef, Irish

Yield: 8 servings

1 Onion

4 Cloves, whole

4 lb Corned beef

2 Parsley sprigs

8 Peppercorns, whole

2 lb Cabbage

1 c Sour cream

1 tb Prepared horseradish

Work Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 3 hours 45 minutes

Peel onion and stick with cloves. Put corned beef,

onion parsley and peppercorns in a large pot and cover

with water. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook gently

until tender, 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Cut cabbage into

wedges and core. Add to the pot, cover and simmer

until tender, about 30 minutes. Combine sour cream

with horseradish. Serve the meat and cabbage with

some of the broth ladled over all and the horseradish

on the side.

Per serving: 553 calories, 36g protein, 40g fat, 2808

mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 135 mg cholesterol.

Fadge (Potato Bread)

Categories: Breads, Irish

Yield: 1 servings

2 lb Unpeeled "old" potatoes

1 Egg, beaten

1/2 Stick butter

3 T Flour

1 1/2 T Chopped parsley

1 1/2 T Chopped chives

1 1/2 T Chopped lemon thyme

-(these three mixed, opt)

Creamy milk

Salt

Freshly ground pepper

Seasoned flour

Bacon fat or butter for

-frying

(From "The Festive Food of Ireland" by Darina Allen. Roberts

Rhinehart; $12.95)

Boil the potatoes in their jackets, pull off the skins and mash

straight away.

Add the egg, butter, flour and herbs (if using) and mix well. Season

with plenty of salt and pepper, adding a few drops of creamy milk if

the mixture is too stiff.

Shape into a 1" round and then cut into eight pieces. Dip in seasoned

flour.

Bake on a griddle over an open fire or fry in bacon fat or melted

butter on a gentle heat. Cook the fadge until crusty and golden on

one side, then flip over and cook on the other side (about 4-5

minutes on each side).

Serve on its own on hot plates with a blob of butter melting on top.

Irish Omelet

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Irish Cheese/eggs

4 large eggs -- separate out yolks

1 large potato -- mashed

1 Squeeze lemon juice

1 tablespoon chives -- chopped

Salt and peppers

1 tablespoon Butter

* Or four large ones. -- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks: add to the

mashed potato, mixing thoroughly, then add the lemon juice, chives, and

salt and pepper. Melt the butter in the omelette pan. Whisk the egg whites

until stiff and stir them into the potato mixture. Cook the mixture until

golden, then run under the broiler to finish and puff it up. Serve at

once.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bailey's Original Irish Cream

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1 cup Light cream

1 14-oz can Eagle sweetened

Condensed milk

1 2/3 cups Irish Whiskey

1 teaspoon Instant coffee

2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup

1 teaspoon Vanilla

1 teaspoon Almond extract

Combine all the ingredients in a blender set on high speed for 30 seconds.

Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.

The liqueur will keep for at least 2 months if kept cool.

Be sure to shake the bottle well before serving. Makes 4 cup

Irish Pot-Roasted Chicken

Ingredients:

Chicken, about 4.5 lb

4 oz Oatmeal

Medium onion, chopped

2 T Butter

3 T Stock

Salt and pepper

6 oz Bacon

3 x Med. onions, sliced

2 lb Potatoes

Seasoned flour

3 T Dripping or oil

4 x Med. carrots, sliced

If there are giblets with the bird, take them out, wash all but the liver (reserve that for another use), and cover with water, add salt and pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for half an hour. Wipe the bird inside and out and remove any lumps of fat from the inside; sprinkle with salt. Mix together the oatmeal, chopped onion, butter or suet, stock, and seasoning, stuff the bird with this mixture and secure well. Heat the dripping or oil and lightly fry the bacon, then chop and put into a casserole. Quickly brown the bird in the same fat and put on top of the bacon. Soften the onion and briefly saute the carrots, then add to the casserole.

Strain the giblet stock and make it up to about 1/2 liter. Heat and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook in a moderate oven (350C) for about an hour.

Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into thick slices and blanch them in boiling water, or steam them for about 5 minutes. Toss them in seasoned flour and add them to the casserole, adding a little more of the giblet stock if needed. Cover with buttered wax paper and continue cooking for another 1/2 hour, taking off the paper for the last few minutes for browning.

Servings: 4

Corned Beef & Cabbage

3 pound corned beef brisket

1 teaspoon peppercorns

5 cloves

1 bay leaf

3 onions, quartered

6 carrots, halved

6 potatoes, quartered

1 head cabbage, in 6 wedges

Place brisket in large pot and cover with water. Add spices (omit if using spice packet included with brisket). Cover. Simmer on very low flame for three hours, until tender. Add onions, carrots and potatoes. Simmer another 15 minutes. Add cabbage and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove meat and drain, serve with vegetables, broth and Irish Soda Bread.

St. Patrick's Day?

St. Patrick's Day is celebrated on March 17. People would dance and feast all day. Soldiers marched down the street on St. Patrick's Day. Groups would hold parades with bagpipes and drums. St. Patrick's Day parades became a show of strength for Irish Americans. There are parade's at the main cities and people go there to watch them. It happens because of when the Irish came to America. People usually wear green on this holiday. If you don't wear green people pinch you constantly. In Chicago there is a huge parade on St. Patrick's Day. There are a lot of people dressed in green watching the parade go by.

A man named Patrick made up St. Patrick's Day. Patrick became very successful at winning converts. He was arrested several times. He escaped every time. He traveled in Ireland. He died on March 17 in AD 461. Ever since that day has been called St. Patrick's Day. Irish folklore surrounds St. Patrick's Day. His lores include the belief that Patrick raised people from the dead. One tradition of today is the Shamrock. People adopted the custom of wearing a shamrock on his feast day. St. Patrick's Day came to America in 1737. It went to Boston First.

The parade has Disney characters and other cool people dressed in green. On St. Patrick's Day, if you find a four leaf clover you will have good luck that day and something good will happen to you. If you don't have time to get out to Chicago there are several parades on T.V. They are on like all the easy channels like 2, 3, 5, 7, 9 and channels like that so don't worry if you don't have cable, you will have the channels for the parades.

In a couple of our classes we put up posters on this day, we dress up in green. We also do the thing that if you don't wear green then you receive a pinch. Also some of the 7th graders receive "kudos" if they wear green on March 17. Some classes in the 6th grade have little class party.

In 1995, the Irish government began a campaign to use St. Patrick's Day as an opportunity for showcase and tourism Ireland to the rest of the world. A year ago, close to a million people took part in Ireland's St. Patrick's Day Festival in Dublin. It was a multi-day celebration featuring parades, concerts, outdoor heater productions, and fireworks shows.

In Ireland, St. Patrick's Day has traditionally been a religious occasion. In the 1970s, Irish laws mandated that pubs bee closed on March 17th. St. Patrick's Day has evolved into more of a secular holiday, even though originally it was a Catholic holy day.

Build_You_Own Chicken Tacos

(makes 24 tacos)

6 skinless, boneless whole chicken breasts, about 3 pounds (1.35 kg) total, halved

4 cups (1 l) fat_free low_sodium canned chicken broth

2 large garlic cloves, crushed

1 jalapeño chile pepper, left whole

1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) crushed dried oregano leaves

1/4 cup (59 ml) purchased medium or hot taco sauce

1/4 cup (59 ml) fresh lime juice

24 taco shells

Condiments:

1 large head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded, about 6 cups (450 g)

4 small firm_ripe tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced

2 cups (472 ml) fat_free sour cream

1 bunch fresh cilantro, well washed and stems trimmed, leaves picked off the stems

Rinse chicken breasts; pat dry with paper towels. Trim away and discard any fat.

In a large heavy, deep skillet, bring chicken broth, garlic clove, chile pepper, and oregano leaves to a boil. Add chicken breasts; reduce heat to simmer; and poach, uncovered, until chicken is opaque throughout (cut to test), about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from stove and cool for 15 minutes in poaching liquid.

Shred the breast meat. Combine taco sauce and lime juice. Pour over shredded chicken and toss. Transfer chicken to a large platter. Keep warm.

Meanwhile, heat taco shells according to package directions. Place heated shells in a basket lined with a thick kitchen towel, covering the shells. Place condiments in individual bowls.

To serve arrange taco shells, shredded chicken, and condiments on a buffet table. Let guests assemble their own tacos.

Per 1_taco serving: 155 calories (23% calories from fat), 16 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.7 g saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 23 mg cholesterol, 123 md sodium

Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch)

All-In-One Egg Casserole

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SERVINGS 4-6

CATEGORY Breakfast/Brunch

METHOD Baked

PREP 25 min.

COOK 20 min.

TOTAL 45 min.

Ingredients

10 bacon strips, diced

1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

1/2 cup sliced green onions

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 cups milk

1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

SCRAMBLED EGGS:

8 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 English muffins, split, toasted and lightly buttered

2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Procedure

DIRECTIONS

In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; cook until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk and cheese; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in bacon, mushrooms and onions; remove from the heat and set aside. For scrambled eggs, beat eggs, milk pepper and salt; pour into a greased skillet. Cook and stir gently until eggs are set. Remove from the heat and set aside. Cut English muffin halves in half again. Place in the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Cover with half of the cheese sauce. Spoon eggs over all; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.

:dude: I hope you are all doing well I am getting ready to go to San Fransico. april 25 ;) I am hopeing to have somefun

:dude: I hope you are all doing well I am getting ready to go to San Fransico. april 25 ;) I am hopeing to have somefun

I do envy you. San Fran is a wonderful town (or so I've been told). I seldom travel far from home (work demands me to stay close by).

Have a great trip

That play was here in Detroit

i did not see it but friends did

said it was fantastic.

Have a great trip

That play was here in Detroit

i did not see it but friends did

said it was fantastic.

[/i]Thankyou :P

Where would I be without my sisters??

THIS SAYS IT ALL:

Time passes.

Life happens.

Distance separates.

Children grow up.

Jobs come and go.

Love waxes and wanes.

Men don't do what they're supposed to do.

Hearts break.

Parents die.

Colleagues forget favors.

Careers end.

BUT - Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles

are between you. A girlfriend is never farther away than needing her.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by

yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering

you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf,

and waiting with open arms at the valley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you, or

come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters,

sisters-in-law, mothers, grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins and

extended family all bless our life.

When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the

incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead, nor did we know how much we

would need each other.

Every day, we need each other still.

Pass this on to all the women who help make your life meaningful. I just did.

There are more than 20 angels in this world; 10 are peacefully sleeping

on clouds, nine are playing, and one is reading her email at this moment!

Send this message to 10 of your friends, including me. If you get 5

replies, someone you love will surprise you.

Recipe For A Popular Funeral:

Take one natural born fool,

Two drinks of beer or whiskey,

Mix in a high-powerd auto-mobil.

When the fool is well soaked,

Place his foot onthe gas,

release brakes.

Remove the fool from the wreck,

Gather up the killed and wounded,

Place the fool in a silk-lined box,

Garnish with flowers and money,

Use a popular preacher.

Thousands will attend.

Unknown

:) The play was the best i've seen and the songs in menopause where so funny. My only grip was I did not have time to go and get autographs from the cast :assimilated:

Candied Orange Peels

Talk about cheap! Make candied orange peels and use up what you'd normally throw

away. You can also make candied lemon or grapefruit peel.

peels from 3 large oranges

3/4 cup water

2 Tbs. corn syrup

2 3/4 cup sugar (divided)

Cut peels into 1/4" strips. Boil in enough water to cover for 15 minutes and

then drain. Boil the corn syrup, water, and 2 cups of the sugar and stir till sugar

is dissolved. Add the orange peels and simmer for 40 minutes.

Put cookie racks on wax paper. Drain the orange peels. Put the peels onto the racks

and drain 5 minutes.

Separate the peels and leave on the racks another hour.

You know, Darling....you're making everyone hungry just by reading these fantastic recipes. Tonight, I made meatballs for my family and I used my sister's recipe. Even my mother said that my sister's meatballs were better than hers. Anyways, they were a huge hit with everyone.

:assimilated: Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to Me.....lol

Big Birthday Cookie

Prep Time: 15 min ; Start to Finish: 1 hr 5 min

Say it a whole new way with a giant, chewy birthday cookie made easy with Pillsbury® cookie dough.

Ingredients:

1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies

Decorating icing in tubes

Candy sprinkles

2 reviews

54 ratings

Preparation Directions:

1 . Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 12-inch pizza pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan.

2 . Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Decorate as desired with decorating icing and candy sprinkles. Cut into wedges or squares.

12 servings

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

Special Touch

Bring a smile to the guest of honor by adding your personal touch to this birthday treat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:

Serving Size: 1 Serving (Undecorated)

Calories 320 Calories from Fat 150

% DAILY VALUE

Total Fat 17g 26%

Saturated 4g 20%

Trans Fat 1g

Cholesterol 5mg 2%

Sodium 200mg 8%

Total Carbohydrate 34g 11%

Dietary Fiber 1g 6%

Sugars 24g

Protein 7g

% Daily Value*:

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 0% Iron 4%

Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat

Carbohydrate Choices: 2

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.