Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Star Wars Fans Thread

Of course Palpetine is Sidious! Maybe it's the fact that I have been studying Star Wars since 1977. I knew Palpitine was Sidious before Episode 1 came out. I think I even know how Anakins body is mangled. How could Mace be a Sith there are only 2 and the next two are going to be Sidious aka Palpitine aka Emperer and Darth Vader! Mace would make a 3rd.

262874[/snapback]

That 2 Sith rule is only what the Jedi know of them. Remember, the Jedi thought the Sith were extinct, so they don't know what Sith rules are in order.

And, ahem, Palpatine is not Sidious. 2 differen't people. Palpatine takes over in ROTS.

262961[/snapback]

In the book Episode 1 or Attack of the Clones( I can't remember which) it explains why there are only 2 siths at a time, and why there can't be more than 2. And I believe Palpatine is Sidious. Sidious is his sith name. Then he becomes the Emporer. If he is not sidious how did Palpetine become the Emperor with all that dark power? Listen to the voice it's the same. Look at the chin it's the same. Palpatine is Sidious is Emperor. Also at the end of Episode 1 when Mace and Yoda are wondering who the master Sith is why does the camera pan to Palpatines face?

Of course Palpetine is Sidious! Maybe it's the fact that I have been studying Star Wars since 1977. I knew Palpitine was Sidious before Episode 1 came out. I think I even know how Anakins body is mangled. How could Mace be a Sith there are only 2 and the next two are going to be Sidious aka Palpitine aka Emperer and Darth Vader! Mace would make a 3rd.

262874[/snapback]

That 2 Sith rule is only what the Jedi know of them. Remember, the Jedi thought the Sith were extinct, so they don't know what Sith rules are in order.

And, ahem, Palpatine is not Sidious. 2 differen't people. Palpatine takes over in ROTS.

262961[/snapback]

In the book Episode 1 or Attack of the Clones( I can't remember which) it explains why there are only 2 siths at a time, and why there can't be more than 2. And I believe Palpatine is Sidious. Sidious is his sith name. Then he becomes the Emporer. If he is not sidious how did Palpetine become the Emperor with all that dark power? Listen to the voice it's the same. Look at the chin it's the same. Palpatine is Sidious is Emperor. Also at the end of Episode 1 when Mace and Yoda are wondering who the master Sith is why does the camera pan to Palpatines face?

262970[/snapback]

The book is only a variation of the movie by the author. So what you read was what the author made up. Just like the ROTJ book says that Anakin falls into lava during EP3. That is not true either. And Palpatine is not Sidious. Plapatine becomes the Emperor. Sidious dies/gets killed (by Anakin). And the pan thing could mean anything.

One more point then I will tell you we will just have to wait till the movie comes out to see who is right. Count Dooku tells Obi-wan that the senate is being controlled by a sith lord. How can that be if Palpatine is not a sith lord? And I read in a black market copy of scripts long before Jedi came out that Anakin fell into Lava and that is what happend to his body how do we know that is not true. And, if it's not true what does happen to it? We already know about his hand. The book nor the movie has been released yet. If you have inside info pleae share cause I'm very curious. I am not saying I am 100% sure I am right. I am just saying from what I know and read all the signs point to Sidious being Palpatine. But, we are both going to have to wait till May of 2005 to see who is right. Let's not forget this thread and come back to it then. Till then I propose a truce and peace!

Any other Star Wars fans please feel free to comment on our discussion I would really like to hear other opinions.

Airies and sea trooper >> :) Hehe!

I thought it was obvious from "The Phantom Menace" that Palpatine was Sidious. I didn't know there was any debate about this until I read this thread. :) If Palpatine isn't Sidious then Lucas has spent a lot of story developing Palpatine as a character and how he rises to make himself Emperor only to throw some other character at us in the 3rd episode. That would be pretty annoying if you ask me. JarJar level annoying. :)

You're all just jealous because you haven't thought of it all first! I wrote an entire conspiracy of all this on like 4 pages. It sounds just about right to me :)

I got the ESB DVD. I can't wait to watch it! Then I'm gonna buy the set tomorrow! $70, but I get it for $59. Though from what I've heard they changed the Stormtrooper, and Boba voices, and they changed Anakin's ghost st the end of ROTJ is true, then it won't be very good.....

One Possibility I Considered Is That They're Two Different People, Yet Also The Same Person.

If Ya Know What I Mean. :)

263470[/snapback]

Kind of.... but not really there.

I hated the Hayden ghost at the end of ROTJ. There was no valid point to it. They should have kept it the way it was.

But the Naboo and Coruscant scenes were cool. And the Rancor too.

I see havn't gotten them yet. Will probably get them for Christmas. Are they the original movies or the new release versions?

When work at a video store you do, get movies a week before they come out will you.

And 20% discount off everything! (even Star Wars) 59 bucks :sweatdrop: !

When work at a video store you do, get movies a week before they come out will you.

And 20% discount off everything! (even Star Wars) 59 bucks :sly: !

264583[/snapback]

:sly: 59 bucks is that all hell the force was with you on that one :nono2: ...i pick mine up tomorrow but mine cost about 110 bucks :hmmm: ..but hey its starwars right so i wont complain :naughty:

Ah. That's a long time. I'm sure to have an Xbox by then.

And I made a mistake. I din't pay $59 for the trilogy. I pay $42.

I finally watched episode 4 of the new DVD set, it rocked :( and I am 99% pleased with it EXCEPT for some places the added CGI just does not work for beans. I can't believe they released this set with such sloppy looking effects in this day and age of SuperComputers, I think they could have made them look cleaner.

Too it's credit most of the CGI shots were so perfect they drew my breath away but those few places it looked bad should not have been left un-retouched to perfection imo.

One Possibility I Considered Is That They're Two Different People, Yet Also The Same Person.

If Ya Know What I Mean. :laugh:

263470[/snapback]

Kind of.... but not really there.

263493[/snapback]

Well, perhaps something more along the line with this post perhaps?

Click For Spoiler
Indeed, actually: i read that Sifo-Dyas was at the beginning of writting the script an anagram of Sidious. But if you look closely you will notice that both names start for example with Si, have an 'o', and a 'd'.

I think its quite obvious that Sidious is Palpatine and vice versa. My theory for all the jedi not sensing Palpatine's true nature? This: The 'Real' Palpatine who is in fact Darth Sidious cloned himself a 'nice/good' version of HIMSELF. A clone he could control, a clone he altered to fool every jedi he was doign the right thing while in fact he uses the clone for getting total control.

In the mean time the real Sidious would be controlling everything, disposing his clone when it finnaly got elected as Emperor.

This also explains the difference in looks.

Pish posh. Sifo Dyas is Qui-Gon. Sidious is Sidious. Palpatine is Palpatine. :clap:

I didn't like the addition of Hayden Christensen into ROTJ.

I have NEVER liked the "Greedo shoots" addition, which I think is stupid and only takes away from Han Solo's character.

The addition of Ian McDiarmid was fine although I didn't like the dialogue change.

I didn't mind the addition of Naboo in the end scenes of ROTJ, although I was disappointed to see Gungans since I had hoped they would be all killed in ROTS :flowers:

The new Jabba scene is OK, as is the new voice for Boba Fett, which makes sense after Episode II.

Episode III looks pretty good from what I have seen of the sneak previews but overall, the prequels have been abysmal IMO.

I am going to go with the original trilogy. And the Clone Wars minie-series that was on Cartoon Network.

It's funny how I thought I hated the new set of movies (Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones). All it took was one viewing of the ROTJ and then watching Ep 1 and 2 again ... in comparison, they were actually quite good. I'm looking forward to the next movie.

And I never had any question in my mind that Palpatine was Darth Sidius ... duh. George Lucas is not that smart, if he switched gears now it would be as dumb as making Leia and Luke brother and sister. Oh, wait, he did do that ... LOL.

We have this great magazine that came out years ago, I think it's called Universe. Anyway, the big cover story is "50 reason why we hate Jedi, but love Star Wars." It is so funny to read these ... they are just dead-on. We have laughed 'til we cried over some of them.

I didn't mind the changes to the original movies so much ... I just wish Lucas would have taken out that big kiss Leia plops on Luke in Empire. It's just icky weird to watch that now.