Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Star Wars Fans Thread

Are you talking about the Palpatine/Vader song and dance number, or something else?

I wish he would have taken out that stupid "dance number" in ROTJ.

That's just plain embarrassing.

And so is Biggs' moustachio.  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :blink:

270801[/snapback]

I wish he would have taken out all those stupid fireworks and airbrushed Mark Hamill's hair to look more like it did in the first two movies.

Everybody just looks way too early 80's for me.

I wish he would have taken out that stupid "dance number" in ROTJ.

That's just plain embarrassing.

And so is Biggs' moustachio.  :blink:  :wow:  :rolleyes:

270801[/snapback]

I wish he would have taken out all those stupid fireworks and airbrushed Mark Hamill's hair to look more like it did in the first two movies.

Everybody just looks way too early 80's for me.

270866[/snapback]

Define, do you talk about the old or the new republic :lol:

No, I mean that "Sy Snootles" thing.

:rolleyes:

270862[/snapback]

Oh that one. That's a classic SW moment! What Warrior doesn't 'try' to sing along to it?

And sea trooper preffers the Empire. But the Old Republic became the Empire so I suppose you're talking about the New Republic?

No I just meant that the Empire was better run than the Republic which seemed chaotic and powerless. I can understand why Anakin chose the Empire rather than defending the Republic and the Jedi, after all they did nothing to end the slavery he and his mother and others lived under.

the old republic I think was stronger, seen that the empire is using some of the old republic tech, and the new republic is been decimated by the yozan vong or what evers.

Ah. The Empire is so much better at getting their point across and showing that they mean business. Look at the Old Republic, they couldn't take care of their own business so they made the Jedi do all the dirty work. They couldn't do the right thing if it were the chancellor.

Well, you can't run the entire galaxy as a centrally controlled republic.

It would become too large and unwieldy. The Trek idea of a galaxy divided into various nations is a better idea.

The Jedi really didn't do that much. They pretty much stayed in their little room and sat in their circle and that's it.

the old republic I think was stronger, seen that the empire is using some of the old republic tech, and the new republic is been decimated by the yozan vong or what evers.

271286[/snapback]

Yuuzhan Vong, they nearly wiped out the galaxy :hug:

I've been doing some deep thinking, and I just realized what a stupid and horrible character Dooku is! I always thought he was bad, but now I really hate him! Even his name is stupid. Count Dooku. Ugh! Who was on mary jane when they thought him up?

Just one of the many bad ideas of George Lucas as relates to recent activities in the Star Wars universe.

The only thing I liked about that guy was the curved lightsaber. Other than that, he sucked.

Yeah the lightsaber was cool. Christopher Lee is a great actor, but Dooku... :laugh: Hopefully he'll die along with Grievous in the first 10 minutes.

As far as I know he is killed by Anakin in the new movie.

Anakin takes on a new position as bodyguard for Palpatine after rescuing him from the Separatists. This brings him into conflict with the Jedi who discover that Palpatine is behind it all. Anakin eventually chooses sides when he kills Mace Windu to protect Palpatine.

Or so I've heard. :laugh:

What happened to George Lucas? I mean, Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were flat-out fabulous. Empire was the better of the two, but they were both awesome.

Then we're treated to that completely retarded Return of the Jedi, a stoned Carrie Fisher, a bored and embarrassed Harrison Ford (and considering the lame dialogue given Han Solo, who could blame him), and a bunch of teddy bears who we are to believe are mighty warriors. Then, of course, the entire Luke and Leia brother sister thing ... ick.

I dont' care what Lucas says, this was not "always a story about a brother and sister" ... he's full of crap. He was making this up as he went along.

Do you think that Lucas really just got lucky on the first two movie/stories? Does anyone really think this guy is that talented? Indiana Jones trilogy succeeded and was so great I think because Spielberg was involved (now there is a true versatile talent). Lucas would have been better off hiring someone else to write the script for RotJ and the prequels and kept his mediocre skills out of it.

Star Wars is a great idea, but couldn't it have been so much better? Any number of hardcore fans could have whipped out a fitting sequel to Empire. And written the prequels, minus Jar Jar, Anakin as the boy wonder, and poor Natalie Portman's portrayal of Amadallah.

Just my opinion.

^ Outstanding post ^

:laugh::laugh:

Lucas is a good "concept" guy. In that he has good ideas, but he needed to hire a screenwriter and director to do those jobs instead of trying to do it himself.

Edited by The King

Yuuzhan Vong

I don't know who they are, but they sound rock hard!!!! :frusty:

273800[/snapback]

They are. Read the Expanded Universe and find out wich of the main cast they kill of... along with 365 trillion inhabitants of the galaxy :laugh:

along with 365 trillion inhabitants of the galaxy

I think they have a bad attitude. :flowers:

274972[/snapback]

Call it a cross between the biostuff of Species 8472, the power of the Borg and the Dominion combined, with the violence of the Klingons and the Kazon multiplied by ten. :cloud9:

Edited by Kaileron

Call it a cross between the biostuff of Species 8472, the power of the Borg and the Dominion combined, with the violence of the Klingons and the Kazon multiplied by ten.

Whoa!!!! :flowers:

That's alot. They must mean business. I've only begun to read about the Yuuzhies and alls I can tell is that they hate technology.

O_o Kaileron, your avatar makes me feel all weird inside. :blink: :laugh:

That's alot. They must mean business. I've only begun to read about the Yuuzhies and alls I can tell is that they hate technology.

276809[/snapback]

Heh, thats what makes them so interesting then all the other races in starwars: It isnt based on technology and the Force can not be used on them. They are even worse then the Sith who just want to rule and dominate the galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong won't stop at that. They would have wiped out the entire galaxy in a way that would make Palpatina, Darth Vader, Maul and all the other baddies look like a congregation of saints.

:laugh: Kaileron, your avatar makes me feel all weird inside. :tear:  O_o

I know, thats why I picked/gagged it from somebody else's profile. Its a cleaver way to confuse my oponents :blink: :nono:

276809[/snapback]

Heh, thats what makes them so interesting then all the other races in starwars: It isnt based on technology and the Force can not be used on them. They are even worse then the Sith who just want to rule and dominate the galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong won't stop at that. They would have wiped out the entire galaxy in a way that would make Palpatina, Darth Vader, Maul and all the other baddies look like a congregation of saints.

276839[/snapback]

Not even the force? Oh wow, I wonder how they'll defeat them (and if they have, don't tell me! :nono:). That must stink, having aliens just killing trillions of people, for some reason (I haven't gotten to that yet). But what exactly do they use to kill trillions of people with?

:tear: Kaileron, your avatar makes me feel all weird inside. :laugh:  O_o

I know, thats why I picked/gagged it from somebody else's profile. Its a cleaver way to confuse my oponents :blink: :P

276839[/snapback]

O_o

276809[/snapback]

276839[/snapback]

Not even the force? Oh wow, I wonder how they'll defeat them (and if they have, don't tell me! :laugh:).

I wont tell you but the series wich spans 19 books have ended already O_o

That must stink, having aliens just killing trillions of people, for some reason (I haven't gotten to that yet). But what exactly do they use to kill trillions of people with?
They use their biots or let moons drop on planets wiping out entire civilisations. :blink:

So the books ended when the Yuuzhan Vong were destoyed? That's alot of reading, but I'm sure it's worth it.

They use their biots or let moons drop on planets wiping out entire civilisations. :blink:

276859[/snapback]

That is so savage. :laugh:

So the books ended when the Yuuzhan Vong were destoyed? That's alot of reading, but I'm sure it's worth it.

Who said they got destroyed? :nono:

276859[/snapback]

That is so savage. :laugh:

276861[/snapback]

I would call it original :tear: