Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indy

The Indy Files

PERSONAL LOG

Thank you, trekzone, AE, thedoctor and CJLP for your feedback. I'm so glad you liked it. It was fun to do.

Anyway, I am leaving tomorrow morning to go to Big City to pick up my daughter. We will be returning on the 29th. So I won't be around for a few days, and probably pretty scarce for awhile after that since my daughter will be home for awhile. I'm sure the message board will survive just fine without me. :)

Anyway, to anybody who reads this, have a great Christmas!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

:lol: :hat: :)

Have a great Christmas Indy!! B)

Thanks, shrek. I hope you had a great Christmas, too!!

Anyway, we are back home now. We had a great time in the City and ended up seeing The Nutcracker twice!! The first time was Sunday afternoon and my daughter was 'Lady Cherry,' which is basically a character role with a lot of acting, but she doesn't do much dancing. She wasn't originally scheduled to perform in the Sunday evening performance (the last one of the run), but got put on at the last minute in Flowers! So we rushed to the box office and bought cheap tickets (standing room). Fortunately, that performance wasn't sold out and there were many seats available, which we snuck into after the performance started. We actually had better seats for that performance than for the first one for which we had paid LOTS more money. So we got to see her in a dancing role and she did BEAUTIFULLY! It's amazing to see these students dancing among corps members and you really can't tell the difference. The entire performance was absolutely stunning. Since it was the last performance, the dancers and crew were in a jovial mood and were obviously having a little fun. During 'Snow,' which usually has a lightly falling amount of snow during the dance, the crew wanted to get rid of all the "snow," so at the very end when the curtain was just coming down, they dumped the entire amount of stored snow on the dancers. It looked like an avalanche. Our daughter told us that it had actually knocked the Snow King off his feet and he was lying in it making "snow" angels. The intermission was also exceptionally long because it took a long time to clean all the "snow" off the stage.

But my daughter is definitely in her element in that environment and most of my misgivings about her being away from home at such a young age have dissolved. She is more determined than ever to live out her dream. And who am I to stop her? (I'm just her mother after all. I think this is out of my hands now.)

My older daughter, who's majoring in technical theatre, was also in seventh heaven when we got to tour the backstage area and met a stagehand who took us to the very top of the theatre to view the fly system. Most people never get to see that, and it is quite impressive. My daughter even spent part of the second act of the performance backstage.

So we are home and I am quite happy to have all four of us under the same roof again. We had our belated Christmas Day yesterday. The girls were happy with their gifts and I'm definitely happy with mine. I got DS9 season 7, an Enterprise calendar, and the Scorpion Hallmark ornament. Oh, and also a frame for my Nemesis poster and a few other non-Trek items.

Well, this entry is too long already, so I'd better quit. I think I'll go watch a couple episodes of DS9!! :)

Hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to 2004!!

END LOG

Indy

Great to hear about your daughter's success! Keep up the log and have a Happy New Year!!

Thanks for the encouragement, Mofo Jones. Sometimes I need it!! I hope you have a wonderful 2004 as well!!

HOW IS YOUR DS9 SEASON SEVEN SET?!

Thanks for asking, Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Enterprise E.

So far, I've only had time to watch the first disc. So I've seen "Image in the Sand," "Shadows and Symbols," "Afterimage" and "Take Me Out to the Holosuite." They're all great episodes. I absolutely love "Shadows and Symbols," but my daughter and I watched "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" together, so that one holds a lot of sentimental value. Of course, that's a humorous one, and I always enjoy those anyway.

Now that daughter is back in Big City I should have more time, however, I do have to take down the Christmas decorations and my husband is having surgery next week, which is stressful and I'll be spending time taking care of him.

Which reminds me, Shrek had surgery on Monday and was to remain in the hospital for two days. I hope, Shrek, if you read this that you are home by now and doing well. I know you won't feel like being up for awhile, but I hope you can return to the boards soon.

Ok, that's all for now.

END LOG

Try:

2 Bar Federation Ambassador Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise ;)

Oh, Dear. Excuuuuuuuse me!!! :bow:

Love,

Your friendly neighborhood "Q"

Try:

2 Bar Federation Ambassador Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise :)

Oh, Dear. Excuuuuuuuse me!!! ;)

;)

See my signature.

Yeah, and I asked you to change that! :bow:

Try:

2 Bar Federation Ambassador Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise :)

Oh, Dear. Excuuuuuuuse me!!! ;)

;)

See my signature.

Yeah, and I asked you to change that! :bow:

:)

Try:

2 Bar Federation Ambassador Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise ;)

I hope you are not hoping for a name change cause it's not gonna happen. :bow:

Try:

I hope you are not hoping for a name change cause it's not gonna happen. :blink:

Oh, well, at least he tried!! :lol:

Hey, I'm awake when I shouldn't be again. :blink:

There's a new Enterprise on this week, for the first time in a month. I'm looking forward to that. Also, Stargate is starting new shows again. I missed the first one, because my husband set the VCR wrong. GGRR (Shoulda done it myself!)

Anyway, I think I'm going to try to get some more sleep. Goodnight, STF!!

END LOG

AN STF CHRISTMAS POEM

By Indy

OMG! I HAD NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE! THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, INDY! I EVEN SAVED IT TO MY HARD-DRIVE! LOL! BRAVO!

I'm trying to use my sig to convince her to continue her log. :o

I've followed your lead now, CJLP. Lol. But mine had to be small. My signature is getting a tad big. (And it's HUGE if you click on the spoiler! Lol)

(And I honestly have no idea what your signature means, but I copied it anyways. Lol. :blink: )

I'm trying to use my sig to convince her to continue her log. :)

I've followed your lead now, CJLP. Lol. But mine had to be small. My signature is getting a tad big. (And it's HUGE if you click on the spoiler! Lol)

(And I honestly have no idea what your signature means, but I copied it anyways. Lol. :) )

It's Peter Pan related. :)

Where in the Galaxy is Indy ?

1. Her Computer Crashed

2. Was kidnapped by the Borg and was assimilated

3. Was given a job as Counselor on the Enterprise E

4. Opened up a book store on the Promenade on DS9

5. On Vacation

6. Studying to be an Admiral

7. On the Tribble Home World trying to re-populate the species

8. On a tour of the galaxy with Q

9. Working on her next Star Trek Fans poem

10. Was given a job as the new Comm officer replacing Hoshi on Enterprise