Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indy

The Indy Files

ok, you think about that and let me know what you've learned in the morning. It is way too late for me to be posting. :)

See, I even had to edit, cause I'm up way too late!!

PERSONAL LOG

I guess I'll just have to start my own Personal Log, then... :wow:

[sarcasm]Yes, you're just so innocent, aren't you?[/sarcasm] I do feel it necessary to point out how you recklessly abandoned ship last night just when it seemed we were going to be brought up for court martial. Hardly seems befitting an officer of your rank and distinction. Think about that for awhile, Grasshopper!!

Ok, I'll try to get back to being serious now. (But, really, what's the fun in that? :wow:) So I will be leaving town tomorrow. This is my annual 'shop til I drop' excursion to reasonable-sized city where they actually have stores!! I will be doing all my Christmas shopping and possibly birthday shopping for my oldest daughter (who was due on Christmas day but had the good sense to wait to be born until January 5th, the only problem being that we missed out on the tax deduction). Since this town is almost a 4-hour drive, I will be spending the night there and returning on Tuesday.

I have nothing else intelligent to say. Not that anything I've said up to this point has been intelligent. And it probably wouldn't be wise to expect anything intelligent from me in the future, either. So....I'm gone.

END LOG :blink:

PERSONAL LOG

The death of Kellie Waymire has been weighing heavily on us here at STF. It is difficult to understand how we could lose someone so young and vital. I experienced the loss of my father just a year ago (November 26, 2002). While he was much older, the pain of his loss was no less for his family and those who knew him. We, as individuals, must find comfort however it presents itself. After the death of my father, there were many sources of comfort; the sympathy received from friends, the receiving of flowers, gifts and well-wishes from former co-workers, and especially in time spent together in remembrance.

My father was a hospice patient for the last few weeks of his life, and one of the purposes of hospice is to prepare family members for the impending death. While looking through the literature left by the hospice workers, I came across the following verse, which was a source of much comfort to me. I want to share it with whoever reads these logs now:

~I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.~

Written by Henry Van Dyke

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

I have absolutely nothing to say, so what better time to post in my Personal Log, right?? :clap: Things are definitely in a downward spiral. The passing of Kellie Waymire has affected a lot of people deeply, including me, and I was looking forward to a new episode of Enterprise. After setting up my VCR to record it last night, two people told me it was a very sad episode. Because of that, I almost didn't watch it. I did though, and I almost wish I hadn't. I didn't like it at all. I didn't like T'pol kissing Sim, I didn't like that he had to die, I didn't like that it was all so sad. I didn't even bother to rate it in the Enterprise forum, cause I would have given it a 1, and since I'm in such a crappy mood, I decided to wait to see if I would change my mind. I wouldn't want to skew the results cause I was in a bad mood.

To further bring down my usual cheerful disposition, my daughter broke up with her boyfriend, resulting in the usual end-of-relationship turmoil. My husband's doctor appointment in Big City was changed, totally messing up all our reservations to see other daughter in The Nutcracker. I'm still dealing with my Mom's depression following the death of my Dad a year ago. Have I complained enough now? Suffice it to say that I have not been extremely happy lately.

To be continued...

END LOG

Tell me what you have to say, mystery person.

Things continue to go from bad to worse. :clap:

(the man in the shadows makes a scuffle sound as he moves closer, still in the shadows...)

"There's a John Doe at Starfleet medical. Find him, and you will have the answers you seek. Find him before Section 31 does, or it's all over."

(the man flips his trench coat collar up, then dissapears into the shadows)

Who is this John Doe? That's kinda funny, cause I'm reading a Section 31 book right now. Besides, don't I need to know the questions before I can have the answers?

(a mysterrious voice echoes...)

"The questions are within you. Only you can bring them to light. Go to Starfleet Medical. Find the John Doe. Do so before it's too late..."

(a microphone thing drops from above... Indy looks up and sees a man)

"Crap!"

(heavy footsteps as the man runs off)

I hate doctors. I've had enough with the doctors. I'm done with doctors. Starfleet Medical is out of the question.

I hate doctors.  I've had enough with the doctors.  I'm done with doctors.  Starfleet Medical is out of the question.

(ties Indy up, and brings in 10 doctor) OOOOOOooooo Doctors, doctors, doctors! (lights go out, lots of crashing, lights turn back on... Doctors all gone, Indy is free, and CJLP is beat up) Ow...

Well, on second thought, I could go for Doctor McCoy.......or DR. BASHIR!!!!

PERSONAL LOG

One year ago today my father died. I would like to move past this day as quickly as possible, but I'm sure I'll be needed for some extensive damage control. I expect my mother to meet me online very soon. My sister-in-law plans to try to keep her very busy today, so maybe we can move past this day without too much turmoil. It's been a tough year.

Enough of that, I've got to find time to make my pumpkin pie today.

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

Life has been very routine lately, so I haven't done anything with my Personal Log. Even now I have nothing earth-shattering to report, other than my daughter had her first performances with a professional ballet company in the Big City she lives in. She performed in the Arabian dance in The Nutcracker and was absolutely thrilled when she called after the second show. The ballet runs through December 28th and she will have the opportunity to perform also in Dance of the Flowers and as Lady Cherry sometime in the run. She was absolutely delighted with being able to observe and co-mingle with the professionals and to perform in front of a large audience. She continues to amaze me.

Christmas decorating is progressing smoothly, although it isn't quite the same without youngest daughter around. But it's all worth it since she'll be coming home for a while after The Nutcracker closes. She's looking forward to Christmas at home.

Nothing further to report.

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

We got a phone call yesterday from our daughter. She had received her first paycheck!! So now she realizes you really can do something you love and get paid for it. It's not much, but she is still just a student, and is learning a lot just by rubbing elbows with professionals. It's really exciting to see all those years of hard work paying off for her.

Don't have time for anything else. Will try to post more later.

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

Well, I certainly haven't posted anything here in awhile. Must be busy with Christmas preparations or something. Even now, I have my second batch of fruitcakes in the overn, and I must admit to nipping a little bit too much of the rum. HEHE. ;) 'Tis the season!

We are all looking forward to our trip to Big City on Christmas Day. Shouldn't be much traffic. Might be a bit more on our return trip on the 29th though. I'll miss the trivia chat on the 27th, but I don't think the world will come to an end if I'm not there. I doubt anybody will even notice. ;)

END LOG

AN STF CHRISTMAS POEM

By Indy

‘Twas the night before Christmas, and at STF

No ill-will was stirring, we were all at our best.

The banners were posted at the top of the board,

Participants all hopeful to win the award.

Some members were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of season sets danced in their heads;

VBG in his hat and AE (with libation),

Had just settled in for some tough moderatin’

When hidden in Risa, there arose so much posting,

A debate was ensuing, thus all the commotion.

Away to the forum they flew like a flash,

Reached for their keyboards, they must stop this clash.

The mods, with their wisdom and fairness to all,

Gave us all some perspective and ended the squall.

When what do we see on our monitors so clear?

VBG dressed as Santa (Believe it, my dear!)

‘Cause that’s what he is, you know I’m quite right,

Before STF, just think of our plight.

The rudeness and spamming that we all endured.

But he called us together, in peace we’re assured.

“Now, bysty! Now, Trekzone, now ARMS and AE,

On Stelfan, master_q and CJLP!

Come to my board! Post, if you will.

Post away! Post away! Post away still!”

As fans of a show with many a season,

The challenge we met, we needed no reason.

So over our keyboards, our fingers they flew,

With so many threads, and lots of polls, too.

With a bundle of topics, VBG started this board,

With more and more members, our post count, it soared.

His eyes - how they twinkled. His hat - so endearing,

Soon, 100,000 posts we were nearing!

The tributes are awesome, the chatroom is fun,

Trivia is challenging, who’s number one???? :)

I wish to say something before the end of the year,

STF is a blessing, many friends I’ve made here.

So Live Long And Prosper to all you and yours,

‘Tis STF’s first Christmas, MAY WE HAVE MANY MORE!!!