Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indy

The Indy Files

I wasn't orignally gonna do this, but what the heck, I'll give it a go. Now I'm wondering if I actually have anything to say. :o <-------that guy, basically reflects my entire personality. Anyway, so I've been in a very Indy mood today. I've researched what's happening on the latest Indy movie and am now listening to the soundtrack of The Last Crusade. That's today, but lets go backwards in time to....yesterday!!

OOOO, I actually talked to my daughter on the phone yesterday instead of just online. Made my day. She told me about her Pas de Deux class and how she got paired with one of the apprentices in the Company and how much he helped her and how good they were together. This is big stuff to a 15 year-old budding ballet dancer. She also told me about how she and another boy have become "cooking buddies" in the big boarding house they live in with 28 other future professional dancers. When I asked her about her relationship with this boy, she replied (in that condescending way that teenagers have mastered) "Mom, he's GAY." Ok, that's a relief.

I'm gonna keep this short, just in case anybody actually wants to read it. I can't imagine that happening though. Have you ever thought about comparing your life to something on Star Trek? Mine is kinda like....Life is like a phaser on overload...

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG ~

This has been a pretty boring day. I WOULD be watching Enterprise if I lived in a civilized part of the world where they actually SHOWED Enterprise at a reasonable time. But, no, I have to be happy with recording it and watching it tomorrow. Such is life. :huh: I was in the chatroom today after it aired on the East coast, and they were saying it was really good. So, I'm excited.

I've just been thinking that I basically have no life, so don't have much to talk about in these logs. Maybe I'll make something up. :force: Oh, wait, I have no imagination either. That could be a problem. I'm not too bad at rambling, though. I can go on forever and say practically nothing. Kinda like what I'm doing right now.

Ok, maybe I'll have more to say tomorrow. :tear:

END LOG :huh:

PERSONAL LOG ~

Thank you, starsinmyeyes, for your kind comments. It still amazes me that anybody is actually reading these.

I have quite a dilemma this morning. The painter's arrival is imminent and the colors for the outside of the house still have not been chosen. :huh: Decisions such as this seem to be harder to make as one ages. We've got it narrowed down to two color combinations - either the green/pale yellow OR the yellow/tan. As of late I have been leaning towards the green as I am going for a country cottage look and I feel it fits into that scheme more so than the yellow. I also love growing flowers and I can just picture a green house covered in clematis vines.

On the other hand, my husband recently reminded me that all the years we've been married, I have stated that I always wanted a yellow house. Hmmm. Add into the mix that since we are not exactly 'young' this may be the last time we actually paint the house before the kids gain power of attorney, transfer the title to their name and throw us both into a nursing home. :tear: So whatever we choose, we have to be happy with it for a long time. I almost wish I could change the color of the house with the seasons.

So, I've rambled once again. Anyway, any constructive input would be most welcome.

END LOG :huh:

PERSONAL LOG ~

I guess I'd better update this. I just read a post by Cyphrx about flame wars on message boards. It reminded me very much of what is going on at our house about paint colors. This poor painter we hired was kind enough to come over and paint sample colors on the side of our house for everyone to see and compare. So we have the two shades of green, the yellow and even a little brown splattered all over the house. It looks like a patchwork quilt. My husband wants to simply repeat that pattern all over the house. B) (I hope he's kidding.) My daughter (she's 19) wants to use all those colors and splatter paint the whole house. B) Thankfully my other daughter is living out of town and can't express an opinion. Although she did say over the phone she would like the house red with black spots so it would look like a strawberry. :eek: AM I THE ONLY SANE PERSON LIVING HERE??? Anyway, when I said I had decided on green for the house and pale yellow for the trim with the door and accents in a deep burgundy, my daughter (19) declared that would be UGLY and she would be embarrassed to bring her friends over anymore. AND THIS IS A BAD THING?? :)

Anyway, the bottom line is I get to choose, so that's what it's gonna be. (Actually my husband and I agreed.) So I hereby declare the paint wars OVER! :wow:

END LOG. B)

(a mysterrious man approaches Indy while remaining in the shadows... and wearring a trench coat over a dark suit...)

"Mrs. Indy. I have something important to say to you."

(the man steps back as if he heard something... a cloud of myst blows by...)

"I hope you came alone. I took a great risk coming here tonight... Follow the path of green, only there, will you be home.

(the sound of footsteps in a fire escape above)

"I have to go now."

(the mysterrious man starts to walk off...)

"Don't forget to follow the green path, Mrs. Indy."

(the man vanishes into the shadows)

PERSONAL LOG ~

I followed the path....

I HAVE A GREEN HOUSE, I HAVE A GREEN HOUSE!!! (Does happy dance B))

END LOG B)

(a mysterrious man approaches Indy while remaining in the shadows...  and wearring a trench coat over a dark suit...)

"Mrs. Indy.  I have something important to say to you."

(the man steps back as if he heard something...  a cloud of myst blows by...)

"I hope you came alone.  I took a great risk coming here tonight...  Follow the path of green, only there, will you be home.

(the sound of footsteps in a fire escape above)

"I have to go now."

(the mysterrious man starts to walk off...)

"Don't forget to follow the green path, Mrs. Indy."

(the man vanishes into the shadows)

Of course I speculate on what you mean and one of my interpretations may be correct (and I have certain assumptions to what you mean), but could you elaborate?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

PERSONAL LOG ~

I HAVE A GREEN HOUSE, I HAVE A GREEN HOUSE!!! (Does happy dance )

Of course, what I meant to say is that the house I live in is green, not that I have a greenhouse (the kind you grow plants in). :blink: Yes, the painting is almost complete. Some of the trim in the back hasn't been done yet, but the front of the house looks great!!! Even my daughter's boyfriend said it "isn't awful." That's actually high praise coming from him considering the fact that if he says anything which goes against my daughter, his life will be miserable. Poor guy. Anyway...on to another subject.

So... the sci-fi channel ran The Defector yesterday. (Conveniently after I had turned in the answer to the trivia question regarding that episode.) Anyway, it occurred to me that when the Romulan's ship exploded in space just outside the conference room, it made a rather loud noise. I'm not nearly as smart as master_q, but it seems to me that there would be no sound in space when a spaceship exploded. Accompanying this large noise was a spectacular fireball which in itself was quite impressive. I started to wonder if there were no sound, would just that fireball be impressive enough. I mean, we would know that the ship had exploded, so why add something that is obviously erroneous? Or am I just wrong? (I'm just rambling, I don't really expect an answer, but if anybody wants to, they can.)

END LOG (for now)

PERSONAL LOG

My daughter has a three-day weekend in October. She's coming home!!! I'm so excited! She will only have two full days here at home and it will take a LOT of driving, but I get to see her!!! I'm still wrestling with the 'fifteen is too young to live away from home' thing. But she seems to be handling herself well. And it's where she belongs. She has worked for this all of her life, she deserves this opportunity. Yeah, Indy, just keep telling yourself that. You're not going to miss her any less. Ok, sorry, got side-tracked there for a minute.

Other news - In STF trivia, I have been promoted to a 'Q'. Very cool. Ok, but the question is, what powers do I have? HEHEHE Doesn't really matter, I just do it for fun. But the trivia rank looks pretty cool, I must say. Chatroom trivia is fun, too, cause you get to interact with other people.

OK, that's all I'm gonna say this time. Maybe I'll be more interesting next time since I've been sick the last couple of days and it felt like my head was gonna explode. I wonder if my head exploded if it would make a sound? :laugh: (Sorry, like I said, I've been sick.) Anyway, that's all I've got to say about THAT!!

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

I ordered five more pairs of pointe shoes today. :assimilated: My daughter has been telling me that some of the Level 8 girls have been invited to join the Company on their tour and participate in the performance of Don Q. It's hard to believe that my own daughter is in Level 7 and could be on the road with a professional ballet company in a year's time. Nutcracker is coming up soon. She will participate in that and possibly get paid (if she performs as an understudy in a Company role). The bad part is, she won't be home for Christmas. Nutcracker ends on December 29, she can come home after that for two weeks. How sad it is that our time with her is so short. How fortunate that she can pursue her dream.

The other daughter (college student) is doing tech for Camelot soon. I love the story of Camelot and would love to see it. College-level performances can be quite good. Wonder if she could sneak me in backstage?? Nah, if I go, I'll be a paying customer. :laugh:

I am not very good at this Personal Log thing. I have noticed others post daily. I do not. It is only every few days that I am inspired to post. My writing skills are lacking and my life is devoid of interesting occurrences. I will continue to post, but I fear it will be sporadic at best.

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

Living in a small town can be cool sometimes. Yesterday was Homecoming for our High School. As usual, the entire town closed down for the traditional parade down the main street. The merchants closed, and were outside watching all the floats go by. The local fire truck and CHP were involved and the High School marching band performed. The Homecoming Court candidates were dressed in formal attire and were perched on top of the back seat of classy convertibles. After the parade, the town was basically taken over by teenagers who get to leave school early. They hang out in parking lots, the candidates mob the beauty parlors to get hair done, and everybody basically takes the afternoon off to support the football team.

The game takes place at night. The team typically loses, but this year they won!! Both Varsity and Jr. Varsity were victorious. The highlight, for us anyway, is the halftime fireworks. Neither of our daughters go to the High School anymore, so we don't go to the game. But we live just down the street and can hear the fireworks when they begin during halftime. We simply walk out to our front yard and enjoy the show.

There are a lot of disadvantages to living in a small town. Lack of services and high prices are just some of them. But I really do enjoy things like this, things that wouldn't be possible in a large city.

END LOG :look:

PERSONAL LOG

Enterprise was on last night at midnight. I have it on tape, but haven't watched it yet. I only saw half of last week's Raijin. It's kind of a long story, but here's what happened. I was going to record it Wednesday night, but I recorded the wrong channel. So I got David Letterman instead. ;) Then for the encore showing on Saturday, there was some dumb game on which ran late. So the brilliant people who make these decisions decided to run all of Andromeda and only HALF of Enterprise. Is that stupid or what?? :b-day:

Tomorrow I will be leaving very early in the morning to go pick up my daughter so she can spend the weekend with us. We haven't seen her since we dropped her off on August 29. She is doing fine, probably better than I am. I had counted on having her around for a few more years. ;) And now they're telling her she only gets one week vacation after Nutcracker. Not cool.

So, I was thinking, I wonder if Star Trek has totally ruined other sci-fi for me. I mean, I try to watch other sci-fi, but I always end up comparing it to Star Trek and, of course, Trek is better in some way or another. I used to see other movies, like Logan's Run, which was cool, and I like Star Wars (the first ones the best). But, other than that, Trek is just so much better than most other things. I started watching Andromeda when it first came on but quickly tired of the lame magog costumes and the constant sarcasm. Anyway......I'm outta time.

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG, SUPPLEMENTAL

I don't have much time, I just have to say one thing. WOW, it was so cool to see the Blue Angels flying over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a perfect day (there's really not that many of those in San Francisco), the sky was blue with not a hint of fog or haze anywhere, just a few puffy cumulus clouds. They were just practicing for their Columbus Day show, but they were climbing and diving and leaving interesting vapor trails. Finally, just as we were approaching the Golden Gate, one plane broke off and flew directly over the Bridge (it looked to be just by inches although I'm sure it was more) in a vertical position with one wing pointed toward the Earth. (I'm sure there's a technical term for that, but I don't know it.) IT WAS AWESOME!! Then the plane circled around in the same position and flew right over our vehicle. OMG, I wish you all could have seen it.

Anyway, I don't have time for anything else, I'll try to write more later. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!

END LOG

Hi Indy, just a quick note to say I'm going to be seeing them Saturday at the Miramar air show, I can't wait to see them again. When they fly over up'side down at what is it 50 feet?, and you can see the pilot that is such a kicker!

Shrek, perhaps I'll see you there?

That's great, Alterego. My brother will be there, too. Actually, he saw Michael Dorn there once. The Blue Angels are always impressive, but I had never seen them in San Francisco before. It was a sight I'll never forget.

PERSONAL LOG

Here I am. It's 3:16 AM. Exciting, eh? I thought so. Anyway, I haven't entered one of these in awhile, because NOTHING HAS BEEN HAPPENING!!! Well, my daughter's internet is down, so haven't been talking to her on AIM. So she's been calling occasionally. She has this wireless internet thing and apparently that's about as reliable as a targ in heat. But her life is exciting, between rehearsals for Nutcracker and middle of the night fire alarms, her life is everything a 15 year-old's should be. (Maybe more. :blink:) Oh, she found out she's going to be a flower in Nutcracker. That's what she wanted to be, it seems the costumes are "awesome."

We will probably go see Camelot this weekend. It's a college production and my older daughter is doing tech. She came home and announced that she is a "ninja." Apparently that's a tech-type person who goes onstage during the production. For this unique honor, she has to dress all in black and wear a ninja mask (which is really a ski mask, I think), presumably so she won't be seen. My question is, what's so exciting about going onstage if you're not going to be SEEN? But that's just me.

Well, it's now 3:30 AM and my cat just jumped up in my lap and is purring loudly. So maybe I'll give up and try to get some sleep. LATER.

END LOG

NOTE TO SELF: Don't post in Personal Log at 3:30 AM anymore.

Now I finally understand the story about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac who stayed up all night trying to figure out if there was a DOG.

PERSONAL LOG

Wow, I almost messed up my color pattern. Which is, by the way, the colors of the rainbow in case you hadn't noticed. Well, almost, anyway. Because I started using the indigo, but decided it was too hard to see, so replaced it with just blue. So I used a little artistic license, who cares, right?

We have survived another Halloween. Our day was a busy one, as we had to leave the house in the morning to procure Halloween candy and other edibles. We got home just in time for the Halloween chat in the STF chatroom. It was fun and I didn't say anything too incriminating. It's always nice chatting with master_q, spacetigger, TheUnicornHunter, shrek, starsinmyeyes, redneck, and anybody else I've forgotten about who popped in. Of course, someone else was supposed to be there, too, but didn't show up (you know who you are). About the time I left the chat, we started getting the hordes of little monsters coming to the door. I like the little ones best. The little baby dressed as a giraffe, the toddler dressed as Dumbo the Elephant, those are my favorites. The teenagers were polite this year, almost everybody said thank-you.

This Halloween was hard for me, as my own teenager is conspicuously absent. She's the one who loves to dress up, takes delight in seeing other costumes and parading around with her friends to show off her own. Her enthusiasm about life in general is greatly missed in this house. She called last night after her adventure in the Big City. Her voice was full of that very enthusiasm as she told us of the great treats people in a big city give out. She lives in a wealthy neighborhood and her haul included mostly full-size candy-bars. After sufficient parental advice about checking each piece of candy and not eating too much at a time, we said goodbye once again. :lol:

I really love this time of year, though. All the upcoming holidays and family celebrations. This time last year was very hard for me, though. I was in San Diego helping my Mom take care of my Dad who had been sent home from the hospital to die. But I will not dwell on that. I will instead focus on the fact the my little girl will be coming home at the end of December and spending a week or two with us. I will make it the best Christmas ever!! (Yeah, I say that every year. :lol:) Anyway, enough for now. Enjoy life, my friends.

END LOG

P.S. I have now changed the indigo for purple, and I think that might work better.

PERSONAL LOG

We went to see Camelot over the weekend. It was delightful. The costumes were excellent, the sets were ingenious, and the live orchestra was fairly well accomplished (except for one wayward trumpet player). King Arthur was an excellent singer, Guinevere was a very talented singer and actress, Lancelot was a fair singer, but very good looking, Pellinore, Morgan Le Fey and Mordred were all excellent. I love this story, and I am very pleased with the job that our local University did. My daughter was a "ninja" and obviously they did a good job, too, as I never even saw them. Of course now I'm going to have the music in my head for days, but that's ok, I love the music. I was going to state my favorite song, but realized that it's hard to choose between "Camelot," "If Ever I Would Leave You," and "What Do the Simple Folk Do." Heck, all the music is great.

Other than that, not much has been going on. We are in the midst of making plans for our December trip to Big City to pick up our daughter after she completes the run of The Nutcracker. We will travel down there on Christmas day, hopefully see the Nutcracker either the 26th, 27th or 28th, and then she can come home on the 29th. When the whole family is once again all together, we will celebrate Christmas. I am so looking forward to it. It will be late according to the calendar, but Christmas is in the heart, after all, so it doesn't really matter.

Rather than bore anybody with further useless details, I will stop now and resume when I actually have something to say.

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

I have to report for jury duty tomorrow. :drool: Should I wear my Starfleet uniform?? J/K, I don't really own one. Anyway, I'm not too happy about going. It's not that I mind doing my civic duty and all that nonsense, it's just that it's raining. And it's gonna keep raining. I love the rain. I just don't like to be in the rain. And once it starts raining here, it pretty much doesn't stop til summer. But, other than that, my last experience at jury duty was extremely boring. I sat in a room for two days straight with a bunch of other people and did absolutely nothing. I didn't even get to go into the courtroom and talk with the friendly lawyers. That might have been fun(evil laugh). This time I'm going to be smart enough to bring a book.

Well, that's the big news in my life. How's yours?? Maybe I will have a good story to tell about my jury duty experience in the coming days. That would be a nice change, to actually have something to talk about! So I will cease my rambling for now and hope for more interesting fare in the future.

Oh, one more thing. Here's a joke: How many Bajorans does it take to change a lightbulb?........

Click for Spoiler:

I don't know, the bloody Cardassians stole all the lightbulbs!!

END LOG

PERSONAL LOG

My jury duty experience was a bit disappointing. I appeared at the required time and sat down with about 150 other people. The clerk came in and began telling us about the trial for which they needed jurors. She said the trial was scheduled to last until December 19. Immediately I began calculating in my head how many season sets that would translate into at $15 a day plus one-way mileage. My dreaming was cut short when she announced that it could go longer than that date and the jurors would be off for Christmas only through the 26th. She then handed out the forms for prospective jurors to list any conflicts during that time period. While visualizing season sets flying out the window, I reluctantly wrote about our plans to visit our daughter in Big City and to see her in The Nutcracker. Consequently, I was excused. So once again I didn't get to go talk with the friendly judge and lawyers in the courtroom. I did find some humor in the poor clerk trying to pronounce my name, though. She pronounced my first name incorrectly, then stopped dead and had a totally aghast look on her face as she tried to decipher my last name. After a few seconds, I decided to let her off the hook, stood up and said "yeah" and started walking toward the door. She looked at me, uttered an enthusiastic "thank you" and never even attempted my last name.

I must say, Enterprise was excellent this week. It even got a comment from my husband about the superb special effects. He always watches it with me, but up until now, has refrained from commenting either way. So I know this one was a good one. I can't wait to see it again tonight. I can't help but think that, just like almost every other Trek series, season 3 will be the magical season that turns the series into one great show. I hope so, anyway.

I hope I haven't rambled on again. Oh, of course I have, what the heck. So that's all for now. Catch ya later.

END LOG:o

PERSONAL LOG

Tonight's episode of Enterprise looks good, although it might be somewhat reminiscent of the TOS episode "Spectre of the Gun." Don't know for sure, I have mostly avoided spoilers but I have seen some pictures. I also hope fans aren't let down after the outstanding episode last week. Having a great episode like "Twilight" might raise the bar of expectation. Even if "North Star" isn't quite as good, I hope fans will accept it on it's own merits and not compare it to "Twilight."

I am hoping to receive the books I bought from e-bay in the mail today. I have had nothing to read for quite some time, so I resorted to re-reading one of my old Star Trek books. It is called "In The Name of Honor," and is actually quite good, but I am so looking forward to continuing with the DS9 relaunch books. The lot of books I bought includes a couple of them, including "Rising Son" and "Abyss." I still need "The Left Hand of Destiny", book 1, and book 3 of "Mission Gamma" and a couple of others. And of course, I don't have the newest ones, "Prophecy and Change" and "Unity."

Other than that, my life pretty much sucks, so I won't bore myself with the details. I am having serious thoughts of discontinuing this Log, as it seems a waste of time and VBG's space.

END LOG

Indy, I hope that you don't discontinue your log. I enjoy reading all the logs by everyone here. I too consider my logs to be insignificant and meaningless most of the time..I still like doing them though..Anyway, I hope you don't stop yours. It's interesting to see what is important to other people. Even if it's just an itinerary of the days events. As mine becomes from time to time..

Thanks for your comments, spacetigger. I also enjoy reading other Personal Logs. I can't possibly think of things to say everyday, as some do, but I'll attempt to post periodically.