Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Do you have pets?

First of all I would like to offer my apologies to whoever was the owner of the original "Do you have pets?" thread and to all members who had posted on it. I was working on that thread yesterday and due to a terrible [stupid] accident on my part the thread was lost. It was a Hugh loss to our site and individual member's post counts as well, there were over 80 replies on it and I am deeply sorry. :rolleyes:

I would like to offer Thanks to VBG for his being very understanding and forgiving about the whole thing, he's just the best there is!

OK, Here is the thread again, please folks, help me get those 80 posts back!

We have a cat named Independence, Indy for short, here (again) is the story of how he came to be our family pet.

A few years ago, on the morning of July 4th I was up early preparing for the days activities when he just came sauntering into our house through an open door, climbing over a child's safety door I had closed to keep the possums from coming in, he walked across the floor and plopped down on the carpet a few feet away from me and sat there, blinking at me. He was obviously one of a litter of newly weaned kittens from a neighborhood stray. I asked him if he wanted us to be his family, he got up and walked into our daughter's bedroom, climbed up onto Jem's bed and curled into a ball next to her, the rest is history.

Do you have a pet(s)?

The loss of the thread lowered the board's total post count but didn't change any personal counts. So no worry there.

I don't have a pet now but I had a Jack Russell Terrier for over 17 years.

I don't have a picture on this computer but here's a memorial to him that my neighbor had made for me.

When I get to my other computer I'll get a Pic to add.

I currently have 6 pets.

2 cats, both Tabbies - Sugar & Tibbles

4 Dogs, Austraillian Sheaperd, German Sheaperd, an Austrailian Sheaperd/Collie mix, and 2 pups who are a mix of Austrailian & German Sheaperd, along with Collie. They're names are Toby, Panzer, Cisco, Sheeba, and Shadow.

I currently do not have a pet, but in the past I have two dachshunds and a beagle.

The beagle was the first dog the family had when I was fairly young. The only things I remember about him was that his name was Lucky and he loved to dig up my mother's azalea bushes. We ended up giving him to someone who had a large tract of land so he could run and hunt.

Our next dog was a chocholate standard dachshund. His name was Ludwig. We got him as a puppy and he was the my mother's love. He could be as stubborn as a mule, but just as loving. He died of natural causes (we think a heart attack) on Feb. 14, in the mid 1980's. He was 16 1/2 years old.

Our second dachshund, Pfennig, a red miniature, came into our lives two years to the date of Ludwig's death. About a week earlier, my sister called to ask if we wanted to adopt a dachshund. The family that owned her was moving to Canada, and they didn't think she could stand the cold. We agreed, and she flew in on Valentine's Day.

Many years later, after my mother suffered a mild stroke, Pfennig constantly stuck by her side. We nicknamed her Nurse Velcro. Pfennig was my love, and when she wasn't near my mother, she would have to be in a chair next to me. I taught her to "dance" and on rare occasions I'd put a tutu on her (she did not care for it) and she be my little Baller-weiner dog. (Yes, I can hear your groans!) We lost her to renal failure four years age at the age of 16 years and 2 months.

Yes, I have a dog....a "Yorkie." I have a Parrot whose name is "Seven of 9." My dog is very jealous of Seven.....He just can't understand, nor does he like the fact that "Seven of Nine" can talk, and he can't. I also have 6 out of doors pets.......They are all box turtles that I rescued from the streets. I've had them all for a number of years, and know how to put down mulch for the winter, so that they can shut down and hybernate until Spring. In the Spring they come out of the ground and are ready to eat again and are very active in my yard. They eat all kinds of vegetables, as well as the boxed food I buy for their breed of turtle. I keep fresh water for them at all times.........and most of all I watch where I step. They all have cute names and I can tell them apart. :rolleyes:

I have a pure bred Golden Retriever who's 9 years old. Her name is Holly. She's a bit crazy. Very hyper. Likes to run around and get people to pet her and once you stop petting, she puts her wet nose on your arm to get you to pet her again. Lol.

well i have two pets. my black german sheppard TALON, and my grey and white cat WILE, short for WILE E. COYOTE. i love wile i wish he would get roadrunner someday. used to have another cat some years back too, named tina.

I have 3 cats, Izzy, Mr. Destiny and Simba and a whole mess of fish who I'm not naming cause I can't tell them apart anyway.

I do not have any pets... I want to have a rabbit but my mother does not allow me to buy one, she does not like the idea of an always-being-alone-the-whole-day-pet because she is working and I have to study. When I was younger I had a little rabbit. He was white with red eyes and brown ears. He looked so cute. I never took a photo so I cannot post it here. :rolleyes:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I do not have any pets... I want to have a rabbit but my mother does not allow me to buy one, she does not like the idea of an always-being-alone-the-whole-day-pet because she is working and I have to study. When I was younger I had a little rabbit. He was white with red eyes and brown ears. He looked so cute. I never took a photo so I cannot post it here.  :rolleyes:

Mrs. Captain Picard

If ya want a pet that badly, I recommend getting a cat. Allthough, I wouldn't recommend getting a Tabby. They're insane! I should know as I have 2... :bow: Anywho, talk to your mom about getting an inside/outside cat. Ger her a flea collar and stuff so ya don't have to worry about fleas. :bow: I'd also recommend getting a kitten, but adults work too, they're just a lot harder to tame. :bow:

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried all that... She does not want ANY pet, it doesn't matter if it is a cat, rabbit, snake or spider.... *sigh* So I guess I have to wait until I get a little nice home for myself and then I will buy EVERY pet I ever wanted :rolleyes:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I have one goldfish, Lamont, named for my favorite radio show character. (Lamont Cranston, AKA The Shadow, of course.)

I also have two cats. Gunsmoke - Gun for short - named so because I knew someone who named her cat "Miss Kitty," which I thought was too cutesy to be true. I always said I'd name it something more mature, like Gunsmoke. Get it? :rolleyes:

My other cat is really still a kitten. Her name is Brightspot-to-Srallansre, named for a character in Uhura's Song. She's Bright, or Brat, for short. Gets into everything!

Stardate;213556.7

I have a 13 year old weiner dog named Pokey and a 21 year old Cat named Buffy

I have an 11 year old half Abyssinian cat named Crystal

My brother has two birds that he keeps renaming :rolleyes:

Had a cat named Tazzy(or Baby Boo)- 1997-6/15/2002(lost to feline leukemia)

and Boo 5/3/1991-11/13/1998-(lost to feline leukemia, he was father to Tazzy)

Alway will remember Boo's birthday, it is the same as mine(May 3)...and his birthplace, my cat Jana gave birth to him and the other kittens in my bed(and I was sleeping at the time!! :bow: ) ! What a way to start your 11th birthday, huh :bow: ?

We have had cats throughout my life, and birds, gerbils, fish, and a hampster

birds(other than my brother's): Pete and Greta

gerbils(My brothers)- too many to remember them all, but one I know was Sorscha

fish-again too many to remember, though there was one really huge goldfish we called "Orca the Killer Goldfish"

hampster-it was mine but I was really little and cant remember the name

cats:Thomasina(first cat I remember, though my parents had a cat called Bandit),

-RumTum, Macavity, Rumpleteazer, Grizabella (all named after characters from the musical Cats)

-Papa, Phyllis-(after our grandpaernts, on mom's side)

-Ulysses(after our 6th great uncle, Ulysses S. Grant, mom's side)

-Cristopher, Jana, Natasha, Sasha, Jim, Snowball

I can't have dogs or cats.

I'm alergic.. Especially to cats.

Often, as I joke, I said that if me and a cat would be in the same room, I would be the one dieing (I'm doing severe asthma crisis when I enter a room where a cat was in the last 2 months)

When I was young, I always wanted a cat.. Too bad :rolleyes: They are so cute.

:dude: :( Well folks here the one I posted the last time , only difference is the rabbit count is down and still going down.

1- family (we are all related)

4- houses (the animals are spread out)

12- cats

12- dogs

5- birds

2- lizards

1-tank of fish

24- rabbits (these are mine, as I breed them for sale)

:( They are not all at my house. I have only 1 dog inside, and 2 outside. What's bad is I'm alergic to animals and fur. Can stand a house cat , but not a dog in the house. Homers is the one who insists on the dog. Homer hates cats.

:wub: I love cats, MEOW! :(

I haven't a pet at the moment, but I've had my fair share of cats, dogs, fish, birds, and gerbils, and my all time favourite has to be a dog. We have a couple of hedgehogs in the garden whom I call Toby, and Agatha. B)

I have a beautiful 5 month old black and white Akida named Kenya. My girlfriend got her for me for our engagement annaversary.

We have two cats, Callie (the intelligent one) and Oreo (the maniac cat).

We have a cat named Independence, Indy for short, here (again) is the story of how he came to be our family pet.

A few years ago, on the morning of July 4th I was up early preparing for the days activities when he just came sauntering into our house through an open door, climbing over a child's safety door I had closed to keep the possums from coming in, he walked across the floor and plopped down on the carpet a few feet away from me and sat there, blinking at me. He was obviously one of a litter of newly weaned kittens from a neighborhood stray. I asked him if he wanted us to be his family, he got up and walked into our daughter's bedroom, climbed up onto Jem's bed and curled into a ball next to her, the rest is history.Do you have a pet(s)?

Here is Indy, our resident alien.

img008.JPG

To Data and Alterego, the cats are so cute! One of these days I will get a picture online of Crystal (and maybe a pic of Taz and Boo in memoriam)

I have two Bichon frise, and if you're not familiar with what they look like here's a pic (not of them but this is close enough)

bichon.jpg

I got the first one for my 16th birthday from my mom ( I have no idea why, my friends made fun of me for weeks about getting a dog that wore little blue bows on her head.) Anyway I got use to her and just recently my sister/roomate bought a bichon of her own. They're good dogs but demand a lot of attention. They do this by either scratching your hand, knocking over garbage cans or finding your favorite and most priceless comic book and ripping it to shreds. ....One of these days wham pow to the moon!!

I've got two really sweet dogs (who I miss very much at the moment) Bing, she's part german shepard and really big and Valentine, known as Val, little dog who's part Chiuahuah, part Doxen, and part Jack Russle. We think. :laugh:

I LOVE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one, and two dogs (get along fine). I used to have a horse and a fish.

So, what sorts (if any) of pets do people on here have?