Sign in to follow this  
Anime Trekker

Cartoons that you remember, but no one else does..

I seem to remember this cartoon from the late 80's- early 90's called "Denver, The Last Dinosaur" about a group of modern teens who find a dinosaur egg that hatches, and the dinosaur becomes friends with them.

Other cartoons that I remember that no one else does:

-Bill & Ted (Cartoon versions of the characters from the movie). It aired in the early 90's.

-James Bond Jr. Aired in the 80's.

I remember this really cool action cartoon I liked in the 80's called the Inhumaniods. It's about a war between a group of armored scientist (who some times had financial problems) against these huge 50 foot underground creatures. They would ally themselves with rock creatures and tree people to take on these demon things from the earthcore. I've tried to get bootleg tapes for this series but no one seems to have them.

Does anyone remember "Johnny Quest"? Or how about "Beany and Cecil"?

Yes to both. :bow:

How about Felix the Cat or Betty Boop? Those are my oldest remembered cartoons, god I'm old.

Yes to both. :bow:

How about Felix the Cat or Betty Boop? Those are my oldest remembered cartoons, god I'm old.

Felix the Cat, the wonderful wonderful cat, you'll laugh so hard your sides will ache and your heart will go pitter pat watching Felix, the wonderful cat. Sorry, couldn't help myself... or

"I Want to be loved by you, alone, boo-boop-be-doop"- Betty Boop

Trying to remember, I think the library had some videos of Felix and Boop episodes, for people to borrow.

OH, and Beany and Cecil the Seasick sea serpent... Mom got videos to show us three kids when we ere little...they were all very funny

Anyone remember Count Duckula

countduckula2.jpg

I LOVED this show!!!! It was sooo funny! I always liked the butler the best... I don't know what he is called in America we call him Igor here...

I still watch it if I see it :bow:

I have three or four MC's with the first 8 episodes on them and I still like to listen to them in some quiet hours when I can get no sleep :o

Mrs. Captain Picard

I seem to remember this cartoon from the late 80's- early 90's called "Denver, The Last Dinosaur" about a group of modern teens who find a dinosaur egg that hatches, and the dinosaur becomes friends with them.

OMG! I know that one! When I was in Russia in 1993, they had that show on one of their channels(well, it looked like Denver)

And Darkwing and Ducktales, I know those, still catch them if my brother has cartoons playing

OK: How about Gummi Bears or The Snorks?

or (maybe it is just the girls who'll remember these) Jem and the Holograms, or Rainbow Brite

....... or The Snorks?

I loved The Snorks, I still have a little Stuffed Snork that I keep on top my computer, I've had it since i was a kid. All my favorite cartoons growing up were: Transformers, Voltron, Rainbow Brite, that Police Academy animated series they had for a while, Smurfs (lol), I watched alot of cartoons growing up.

I was beginning to think that you all had forgotten the Smurfs.  I loved that show.

Dill, you would never let me forget the Smurfs. After you I think I'll go to my grave singing "la la la la la la la....."

i love ducktales and talespin!!!!!

but i cant forget my all time favorite:

stopgad.jpg

INSPECTOR GADGET!!! (the cartoon only!)

i also used to love the teenage mutant ninga turtles. (i was an 80s child. what can i say? lol)

but what also rocked were the REAL ghostbusters. they were my second fave next only to the inspector.

petertoon.jpgraytoon.jpgslimertoon.jpgegontoon.jpgwinstontoon.jpg

oh man are we ever off topic. lol. this is supposed to be about least known cartoons. oh well. this one rocks too.

....... or The Snorks?

I loved The Snorks, I still have a little Stuffed Snork that I keep on top my computer, I've had it since i was a kid. All my favorite cartoons growing up were: Transformers, Voltron, Rainbow Brite, that Police Academy animated series they had for a while, Smurfs (lol), I watched alot of cartoons growing up.

YAY I was truly worried that I was the only one!

snorks.gif

I even remember the...wait, let me rephrase that.. I have the theme song on a CD!

Another favourite of mine was Tiny Toons:

top.gif

I love Tiny Toons! I still watch it with my kids in the afternoon.

Yes to both. :laugh:

:laugh: I remember them. And how about "Howdy Dowdy" (guess that is spelled right), I know these are not cartoons but, that far back didn't have them. OH! There is one though "Mickey Mouse" The original. :lol: Now that give my age away!

Oh, Jonny Quest is a classic. I LOVED that show! And the ORIGINAL (pre-Scrappy, the little runt) Scooby-Doo.

As for forgotten cartoons, I can't believe someone remembers Voltron besides my brothers and I. Another fave of my now-a-licensed-certified-mechanic brother was Pole Position.

Oh, Jonny Quest is a classic.  I LOVED that show!  And the ORIGINAL (pre-Scrappy, the little runt) Scooby-Doo. 

As for forgotten cartoons, I can't believe someone remembers Voltron besides my brothers and I.  Another fave of my now-a-licensed-certified-mechanic brother was Pole Position.

i love pre-scrappy scooby-doo! it rocked. but scrappy came in and stole the show. i hate him! lol.

Click for Spoiler:

(has anyone seen scooby-doo the movie? it brings scrappy to justice.)

I almost forgot about Archie, and also Josi and the (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)cats! And how could we forget about the Jackson 5 cartoons and the Osmonds? :lol:

Does anybody remember 'Danger Mouse'?..I believe it was a British catoon..A white secret agent mouse..Had a hamster for a sidekick..His name eludes me right now..Me and my kids watched all the time on the Nickelodeon network and Inspector Gadget..

As a kid I remember that I always liked 'Space Ghost' and 'The Fantastic Four.'

I can't believe no ones brought the Muppet Babies

Muppet Babies, I liked that one!! :clap:

And Danger Mouse too!

Muppet Babies? I remember watching this show! I always liked little Kermit the frog (maybe because he has no hair :clap::clap: )...

Mrs. Captain Picard