3 members have voted

1. 1. What type of tree do you have?

• real, cut yourself
    • real, from a lot
    • artificial green
    • artificial other
    • no tree
    • other

No tree for me. I haven't put up a tree for a couple of years..I just haven't seen the point of it..I live alone and my kids are all grown up and out on their own..

Artificial, but only because of our allergies. I love real trees. :laugh:

Artificial, but only because of our allergies.  I love real trees. :laugh:

Same here. Only its not my allergies its my moms..

Plus my mom hates having to vacuum up the needles... :jaw:

Fake green. We used to use real trees all the time (but even though we live on an acreage with tons of trees, we bought them. i dont want to butcher my land). But the needles are too much a hastle to clean up.

I have an artificial white tree, but only because my room mate bought it. Personally I hate white trees, it just isn't natural.

I don't have a Christmas tree, real, fake or otherwise. I always spend Christmas with my parents, at their house (although last year I had Christmas with my cousins, at their house). As I'm never at my house for Christmas day, I don't see any point in putting up a tree. My flatmate is Jewish so she doesn't even celebrate Christmas and that makes it very easy (in terms of spending ridiculous amounts of money on a tree and other decorations).

My Mum doesn't have a Christmas tree either and I don't think she will buy one this year. I think she is just happy that my brother and I can both make it home for Christmas this year. Its a rare occassion when all the members of my immediate family get together. As we all live so far away from each other, its almost impossible to be together in the same state, let alone the same house!!

Madam Captain out!!

I don't have a Christmas tree, real, fake or otherwise. I always spend Christmas with my parents, at their house (although last year I had Christmas with my cousins, at their house). As I'm never at my house for Christmas day, I don't see any point in putting up a tree. My flatmate is Jewish so she doesn't even celebrate Christmas and that makes it very easy (in terms of spending ridiculous amounts of money on a tree and other decorations).

My Mum doesn't have a Christmas tree either and I don't think she will buy one this year. I think she is just happy that my brother and I can both make it home for Christmas this year. Its a rare occassion when all the members of my immediate family get together. As we all live so far away from each other, its almost impossible to be together in the same state, let alone the same house!!

Madam Captain out!!

Glad to hear that your family will be able to be together for Christmas.

We have a real tree, my mom bought it :jaw:

It's standing on our balcony. We used to have an artificial one, standing in our living room, but I didn't want it anymore, I wanted a real tree, but my mom doesn't want to clean the carpet every day, so we agreed to buy a real tree and put it onto the balcony :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

We have a real tree we bought from a lot run by a local tree farmer. I've had real trees for most of my life. I hate artificial trees.

artifical green here! had our 8 foot beast for over 12 yerars now, shes still going strong!

massive tree, too many decorations and 3 sets of lights! we also have 10 sets of lights on our house....might post a pic.

No tree. I'm single, and I have no family, and very few friends here either. What's the point?

After living in their home almost forty years my parents stopped buying real pines, and bought an artificial green tree. It's been there about four years...lives in a closet except in late December. I don't have a tree since I go to my parent's home each Christmas.

Edited by mjham

I have an artificial green tree. I also hate vacuuming needles. I spent about $50 on it, it looks great, and it lasts for years-and why spend money year after year on one when it's just me here? My brother and his new wife went to my grandfather's farm and cut their own - how sweet, how romantic...wonder how long THAT tradition will last... <_<

I'm trying to think of Christmas related topics.  I have an artificial tree myself - it's easier but I'm thinking of getting one of those pre lit artificial ones next time I get a tree.

I have had an artificial tree for many years, partially because of my allergies....but for other reasons too. But this year I treated myself to a pre-lit tree..........It didn't take me all day to put 600 lights on, before I could even start putting on the ornaments............It saved so much time.......I really love it. And I think you will too...if you decide to buy one. <_<

Artificial, it's about 4 foot with rotating colors delivered to the branch tips on fiber optics. We've had it for three years now and though we miss not having a real tree we feel it's the right thing to do.

No tree. I'm single, and I have no family, and very few friends here either. What's the point?

Same story but I have a tree - I almost didn't this year. It takes some doing to get the "spirit" but I do like to look a tree with lights on it. One of the few advantages of being nearsighted is to take off your glasses and look at the lights.

Artificial, it's about 4 foot with rotating colors delivered to the branch tips on fiber optics. We've had it for three years now and though we miss not having a real tree we feel it's the right thing to do.

100816[/snapback]

Same this year.

Artificial green. I really want a real tree but my mom doesn't want to sweep up every day :dude:

No tree for me. I haven't put up a tree for a couple of years..I just haven't seen the point of it..I live alone and my kids are all grown up and out on their own..

100377[/snapback]

Things haven't changed for me since last year. I still don't see any reason to put up a tree..

Spacetigger, I have two federation starships, four captains, one vulcan first officer and two doctors hanging on my tree. (still shopping for the fifth captain) and I hope to get some other ships too.

Spacetigger, I have two federation starships, four captains, one vulcan first officer and two doctors hanging on my tree.  (still shopping for the fifth captain) and I hope to get some other ships too.

289750[/snapback]

Nice TUH..That must look great.. :dude:

This year i bought a artificial green one cuz last year after buying a real one i spent half my time picking up the needles that had fallen off the tree,and i also was pulling them out of my feet after standing on them :dude: ...so this year i went cheap and easy :dude:

100816[/snapback]

Same this year.

289729[/snapback]

Same for us, but ours is 3ft tall. I absolutely love it!

this year i dont have one but i always go cut one down, i love the look, feel, and smell of a real tree.

100764[/snapback]

once again no tree. maybe next year. but i do love the real ones